User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 20 Oct 2005, 15:16   #1
Farmer Giles

Farmer Giles is an unknown quantity at this point
Engineering / Construction Bonuses

Hi all
apologies if this has been said elsewhere, but....

do the bonuses get added in a particular order ?

e.g. you get your resources, addon the engineering bonus then add on your construction bonus to that total.

or....

are the bonuses added to your "basic" (planet + roids) production ?

e.g. engineering bonus added to basic production and finance centre bonus added to your basic production ?

sorry if this is a bit vague.

thanks

FG
Farmer Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 15:40   #2
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Engineering / Construction Bonuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Giles
Hi all
apologies if this has been said elsewhere, but....

do the bonuses get added in a particular order ?

e.g. you get your resources, addon the engineering bonus then add on your construction bonus to that total.

or....

are the bonuses added to your "basic" (planet + roids) production ?

e.g. engineering bonus added to basic production and finance centre bonus added to your basic production ?

sorry if this is a bit vague.

thanks

FG
I wrote about 4 different replies to this. And then started kicking myself as I finally understood the question.

I maybe wrong, but I imagine that the way the bonus resources are figured out is that

Let A = finance center bonus
Let B = engineering bonus
Let C = Total bonus for the tick

Total resources for the tick = Normal roid resources + (C*normal roid resources)
C I think is determined with: A+B = C

For example. If you have enought finance centers to give you a 2% bonus, and your engineering gives you a 5% bonus... your total bonus for the tick will be 7% (2%+5%). Thus, each tick you will gain your normal resource load, plus an additional 7% of that new load, or 107% instead of 100%.

Hopefully I understand this correctly, and if I don't, someone correct me so I can delete this =p
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 16:03   #3
Farmer Giles

Farmer Giles is an unknown quantity at this point

nice one m8
someone can understand my ramblings !
just what i was after.

many thanks
FG
Farmer Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 17:05   #4
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Giles
nice one m8
someone can understand my ramblings !
just what i was after.

many thanks
FG
Not a problem
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 02:41   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Hopefully I understand this correctly, and if I don't, someone correct me so I can delete this =p
It looks correct to me, but then again its been a while since i checked .

Oh, for those ultra-pedantic people out there, if 107% of your resources results in a fraction of a resource, ie 103541.2 or 103541.8 resources, both will be rounded down to 103541 resources.

That's about it really .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote