User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 Jun 2005, 02:34   #1
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
[football] man utd plans

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4079174.stm

This is pretty much what everyone expected, i know fans are bullshitting about how they'll start their own club, but lets be honest noone gives a ****, i thought the prices would increase more than 50% i know its considerable but people will still turn up. Exhibition matches are fine, they already do them but if they start escalating (like 1 will be enough) the team will just be spent at the start of the season. The thing that really caught my attention was the 76% rise in sales/merchandising. WTF!!! Man Utd are one of the biggest football clubs in the world, they weren't some tin pot outfit that had an old dear in charge of mechandising, they played a very very significant role in pioneering the selling of football, it was the spanish and european leagues that learned from the priemership!!! how the **** are they going to increase sales (not put prices up mind, increase sales) by 76%?????

This is probably said about every business but if glazer had done this 10 years ago i think it would have worked, but all this seems to do is hedge that utd will carry being winners against the debt of the club. The premiership has changed with chelski, abromovich can fart at successive £80million losses and still buy whatever he wants. Chelsea will win everything with the oil money*

*yes i know liverpool won the CL, but be honest which english team do you see fighting for the final on a consistent basis in the next 5yrs?
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 02:40   #2
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [football] man utd plans

only £25M a year on transfers boo hoo
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 13:32   #3
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

£25M is one player for Alex Ferguson. For Arsene "The Wizard" Wenger thats more like like 3 adult players and 3 youngsters.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 13:43   #4
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

those are so pretty high targets so they must surely have a very good plan to make sure everything goes according to plan.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 16:08   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
£25M is one player for Alex Ferguson. For Arsene "The Wizard" Wenger thats more like like 3 adult players and 3 youngsters.
I love this kind of propaganda, it's so woefully misinformed.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 16:09   #6
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

There is some truth in it. Besides, who can resist having fun with the manu supporters these days?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 16:28   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
There is some truth in it. Besides, who can resist having fun with the manu supporters these days?
I'm not convinced that the arrival of Glazer will hinder their performances on the pitch. I'd be more worried about them becoming a better team - if only in the short term.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 16:32   #8
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If by short term you mean this season only...
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 16:38   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
If by short term you mean this season only...
The team will be better off than it would have been under the old management, that's for sure.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 18:05   #10
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

As long as Alex Ferguson stays Im not to worried. If they had gotten rid of the old man and replaced him with the likes of Fabio Capello, then I would be scared.

However, as a gooner, I can say that my club can compete with ManU with roughly equal terms. But nobody can compete with Chelskji.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 19:23   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

At least ManU have a decent goalkeeper now
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 14:08   #12
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

who have they got as keeper like as i'm assuming that they have bought someone new by your use of the word 'decent'?
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 14:20   #13
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Edwin van Der Sar from Fulham. Dutch national keeper. He's reliable if nothing special.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 21:24   #14
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
The team will be better off than it would have been under the old management, that's for sure.
How do you work that out?
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 23:23   #15
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

sunderland for the title!

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 23:49   #16
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
Edwin van Der Sar from Fulham. Dutch national keeper. He's reliable if nothing special.

ah, thats not so bad then, they still need a truly special keeper though to do anything really
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 00:03   #17
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

I think Glazer is going to be bad for the game. He's bought ManU inorder to offload all his debt onto them, and is banking on turning a profit over a long time to pay it all off. See, Abramovich bought Chelsea just because he could, because he's a football fan, in order to play Championship Manager for real. With Glazer, it's just business - if he'd bought some other billion dollar company to do the same thing that's he's using ManU for, there wouldn't have been as big a fuss as there has been.

He'll sell Old Trafford soon, you watch, and it soon won't be called Old Trafford anymore I bet.

£25M to spend on players per season is quite reasonalbe I think - granted that won't buy the 'big name' players, but ti will still 2 or 3 pretty good players. Depending on who the manager is, it's upto them to get the best out of them. A lot of ManU fan's I know wanted Fergie out before Glazer bought them, and when Glazer started getting control, I know at least half a dozen who said they'd stop going to games and one who said he was going to give up on domestic football and just follow England.

Glazer is going to be bad for the game, you watch.
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 00:39   #18
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No-one will be surprised by ticket prices rising every year, the ground being renamed, and ending any deals that see any money going to other clubs like the current TV rights.

But where does he expect to find this 76% merchandising increase someone mentioned? Surely it can only be by "breaking" America and without relocating the team there, how is he going to do that?
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 00:50   #19
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

He wants there to be an annual American Football match at Old Trafford too.

Ho ho.
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 01:00   #20
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
He wants there to be an annual American Football match at Old Trafford too.

Ho ho.
Is he trying to sell American 'soccer' to us?
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 01:07   #21
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Quote:
Yes but those 6 players will turn into superstars. It's called releasing potential and making sure it's met. No other manager is able to brew players to such a high calibre as Arsene does in the premiership.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 01:32   #22
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Man Utds fan base must be pretty rich/dedicated if they're going to pay all that extra money. Plus, 25mil for new players is a bit of a joke unless alex/whoever stops paying stupid amounts of money for players.

Next season will be interesting, should they finish 5/6th and Vodaphone leaves them. Is this the beginning of another end for Man Utd.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 01:38   #23
roadrunner_0
cynic

next season will make or break i think, as glazer cant afford them to lose for very long
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 10:32   #24
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
ah, thats not so bad then, they still need a truly special keeper though to do anything really

apparently according to my anonymous neg repper, this is 'so worng' so either he meant wrong, in which case i wouldn't mind knowing why its such a bad post - considering that they have had keeper problems ever since schmichel left, or someone has come up with a new word in some attempt to tell me i shouldnt have posted?
Unread 13 Jun 2005, 01:50   #25
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Yes but those 6 players will turn into superstars. It's called releasing potential and making sure it's met. No other manager is able to brew players to such a high calibre as Arsene does in the premiership.
Indeed. But he should let someone else buy the goalies. I know Arsene likes to play offensive football, but Almundia.. come on!
Unread 13 Jun 2005, 09:08   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Yes but those 6 players will turn into superstars.
No they won't.
Unread 13 Jun 2005, 09:50   #27
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusselt
*yes i know liverpool won the CL, but be honest which english team do you see fighting for the final on a consistent basis in the next 5yrs?

that's an interesting question.
my opinion is that to win the CL, you need a strong team, not the best 11 players.
why did PSV and Lyon for example leave a much better impression than for instance Arsenal and Man. Utd? the premier league is getting bigger and bigger, English teams get richer and richer.
in the end of it all i think it only makes the chance on Europeans succes smaller, as other teams will be motivated to the bone to knock them out while the English teams will have players that already won big prizes.
10-15 nationalities per team, 2/3 matches per week, 5-10 transfers per team per season. (?)
the premier league is definitely the biggest footballleague on the planet, but i don't think that's a guarantee for European glory.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2005, 14:19   #28
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

And plenty of luck, Koen.