User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Mar 2004, 22:35   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
CIA had video of bin Laden

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4540958/

He was already wanted for the first attack on the WTC and the bombing of two U.S. embassies in Africa...so, why didn't they get him then?

they had proof of where he was, why wasn't he taken care of? From what the article says, 9/11 could have possibly been avoided...I'm sure this will upset a large number of people
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 22:38   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: CIA had video of bin Laden

9/11 could have been avoided?

Old news.

CIA being incompetent?

You see where I'm going with this.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 22:40   #3
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Incompetance can only be assessed when you have knowledge of the intented goals and outcomes, which you clearly dont.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 22:41   #4
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

If Osma was a piece of ass, Clinton would have nailed him years ago. LOL!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 22:43   #5
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts

Lack of evidence? He was useful for doing other things? Indeed, Saddam could have quashed al-Qaeda in Iraq, but didn't for fear of upsetting the Americans and other al-Qaeda supporters.
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 22:52   #6
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraKto$is8
Lack of evidence?
lol and that would have really made a difference
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 23:41   #7
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4540958/

He was already wanted for the first attack on the WTC and the bombing of two U.S. embassies in Africa...so, why didn't they get him then?

they had proof of where he was, why wasn't he taken care of? From what the article says, 9/11 could have possibly been avoided...I'm sure this will upset a large number of people
couple points. first, having footage of him doesn't necessarily mean you know where he is. an analyst could have been reviewing old footage from the predator months later before realizing that it was bin Laden.

second, how do you 'get him'?

the whole tomahawk thing had been tried. we didn't really have anyone in afghanistan, and the predators were unarmed back then.

soon after they got this, someone up top determined it would be worthwhile to equip predators with hellfire missiles. this is, in my mind, the correct step to have taken. testing was basically finished february-march of 2001. so the question is, why, starting in maybe march of 2001 didn't we take out bin Laden?

answer's pretty obvious.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 02:28   #8
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

CIA didnt want to kill their former best mate??

How cute.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 03:55   #9
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

this proves that democrats (and liberals) are pussy peace loving pricks. It makes me angry, and i hope that Bush will use it to his advantage.

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 05:57   #10
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
soon after they got this, someone up top determined it would be worthwhile to equip predators with hellfire missiles. this is, in my mind, the correct step to have taken. testing was basically finished february-march of 2001. so the question is, why, starting in maybe march of 2001 didn't we take out bin Laden?
The simplest answer is that they probably just lost track of him. In the dozen or so years they were looking for him, they only identified his precise location--what, a handful of times? Going months or even years between sitings was probably not at all unusual.

Nevertheless, people want to believe in the omniscience of the CIA (even in spite of their recent and rather glaring shortcomings).
Quote:
answer's pretty obvious.
Naturally, no one opts for the simplest answer. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 10:13   #11
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Seeing as the American military has been hounding this guy for over two years now in a country they occupy I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that the CIA under the Clinton administration had "an enormous opportunity to kill or capture bin Laden.".
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 10:50   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Seeing as the American military has been hounding this guy for over two years now in a country they occupy I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that the CIA under the Clinton administration had "an enormous opportunity to kill or capture bin Laden.".
I don't see how that follows.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 13:35   #13
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
i guess they could have crashed the predator into him:/

the fear is that parts would have been taken and sold to china or somesuch.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 14:38   #14
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I wouldnt be surprised if they had captured him, that way they KNOW videos of him etc are false/old without ensighting others!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 14:41   #15
Evil Skragg
And you expected Kittens?

Evil Skragg will become famous soon enoughEvil Skragg will become famous soon enough

Bin Laden has "Teh Ghey"
How else would you explain the fact that he likes "dark caves", hangs around with men all the time, and hates women?
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 15:05   #16
Evil Skragg
And you expected Kittens?

Evil Skragg will become famous soon enoughEvil Skragg will become famous soon enough

He wairs a fruity turban
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 22:41   #17
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

if he gets captured we may never find out about it.. that however will hurt president bush politally.

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 23:57   #18
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Yeah but I've never seen him in a hiawian shirt drinking mineral water.
I'd pay to see it though
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote