User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 May 2006, 02:25   #1
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts
The power of Wii

you have proboly already seen this but looks dam impressive

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2006, 02:29   #2
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: The power of Wii

As cool as it looks I get the feeling most average people won't like it. Have they released any price details on it yet ?
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2006, 02:33   #3
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

those controllers look rather interesting. Do they detect the motion as you move them through the air or something?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2006, 02:34   #4
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

The Wii is just calling out for some Lightsabery goodness. And what with the speaker in the controller, it'll be as close you could get to the real deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
those controllers look rather interesting. Do they detect the motion as you move them through the air or something?
yes. There are sensors you put around the tv that track the movement of the controllers
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2006, 02:38   #5
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
yes. There are sensors you put around the tv that track the movement of the controllers
That could be really awesome.

The problem is that none of the games in that trailer seem particularly groundbreaking. We have yet another first person shooter, and a mario game which looks very similar gameplay wise to the N64 version. Zelda will looks promising though.

It's interesting, because it sounds like the controller is going to make or break the console. Although, I do think that name will have a significant impact on sales if they dont change it. Honestly, the whole thing sounds like its a parody of modern advertising/marketing.

Last edited by Nodrog; 11 May 2006 at 03:15.
Unread 11 May 2006, 02:42   #6
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
The Wii is just calling out for some Lightsabery goodness. And what with the speaker in the controller, it'll be as close you could get to the real deal
Good idea they could just release a star wars game were you control the lightsabre and just live of the profits of fat american star wars fans.

If they release a camera for the Wii too then star wars kid will be reborn!

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2006, 03:23   #7
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As much as I love nintendo, I feel I may be too old for it. Those games didnt really excite or interest me too much with exception of the samurai sword one and zelda. I think this is why when I get a next gen console it would be the 360 purely as I believe they cater more for the adult gamer.

Ill have to see on pricing etc, but depending on the wii cost plus the reduced cost of the 360 it depends on the games. Like nod said it will be the controller that makes or breaks it from the look of it.

I believe that sony and microsoft no longer see computer games etc as a young kid, teenager pursuit. Especially considering the cost of them these days. THey have adapted and chased an adult market and in effect reaped the rewards. My fear is with nintendo is that they are yet to adapt and cater for this new adult market which actively plays computer games (remember its our generation who really saw the boom in computer games etc and its us 21 - 30 year olds who are going to be the ones spending serious cash. Saying that im sure kids these days get £400 consoles for xmas so who knows )
Unread 11 May 2006, 05:34   #8
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Ill have to see on pricing etc, but depending on the wii cost plus the reduced cost of the 360 it depends on the games. Like nod said it will be the controller that makes or breaks it from the look of it.
No cost has been announced for the Wii except that it's going to be cheaper than all the competition. It's widely believed that the Wii will fall between $200-$300 but we'll see. I'm interested in how you say reduced cost for the 360 as there will definately NOT be a price reduction on it for the forseeable future. The only reason Microsoft reduced the Xbox originally was as an aggressive marketing push to keep in line with the original PS2. Right now the Xbox 360 already commands a very respectable lead in pricing and reducing the price even more wouldnt remotely help it as if someone is uuming and aahing when its already $150-$200 more expensive to get a PS3 over a 360 then another $50 or so isnt going to matter.

I'm guessing a price reduction will not happen on the 360 till at least Q1/Q2 07 and even then Im doubtful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I believe that sony and microsoft no longer see computer games etc as a young kid, teenager pursuit. Especially considering the cost of them these days. THey have adapted and chased an adult market and in effect reaped the rewards. My fear is with nintendo is that they are yet to adapt and cater for this new adult market which actively plays computer games (remember its our generation who really saw the boom in computer games etc and its us 21 - 30 year olds who are going to be the ones spending serious cash. Saying that im sure kids these days get £400 consoles for xmas so who knows )
Xbox 360's sold for $800-$1000 on the runup to Xmas last year with the stock shortages. Xmas ALWAYS brings stock shortages - we even ran out of PS2s at some stages during the Xmas period.

Regardless, Nintendo arent aiming for kids this time around. They're seeming to be placing a risk on trying to open up the market and make it more accessible. Nintendo nolonger are looking at the 'gamers' and wanting a slice of the pie to share with Sony or Microsoft - they're hoping to draw non-gamers to the Wii with the new wii-mote. It's an interesting tactic and more than likely will pay off to some degree - look at the Nintendo DS. It wasn't supposed to compete one on one with the PSP but it's trounced the PSP so far.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2006, 09:31   #9
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Ultimately as with all things console the games will prove it. So far in our house the most played game on the 360 is Geometry Wars.
Not really. You and I know that it should, but Nintendo have for a long time produced the best first-party games, and now have the licenses for all the crappy-released-on-every-format-under-the-sun games like Harry Potter et al yet still aren't #1.
Unread 11 May 2006, 09:33   #10
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

I really like fight night 3 for the 360, a few alcoholic beverages and FN3 before a night out gets the blood going! Haymakers sound like a door being slammed, and with no energy bars on its great
Unread 11 May 2006, 09:46   #11
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've always been a big Nintendo fanboy, and this looks amazing. I'm sure I saw a Resident Evil in there, along with Mario, Zelda, FFC and a few others which I'd probably buy.

I had a gamecube when I lived in a house with my mates and it was great - once I left that I rarely played it though as Nintendo generally catered for multiplayer games and I couldn't be bothered playing their single players. This looks like it'll be different - lots of decent single player games using that thing.

Wii is an awful name though. How do you pronounce it? "Wee"? or "Double-You-Two" or "Double-You-Eye-Eye"????

When does it go on sale in the UK?
Unread 11 May 2006, 10:40   #12
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Wii is an awful name though. How do you pronounce it? "Wee"? or "Double-You-Two" or "Double-You-Eye-Eye"????

When does it go on sale in the UK?
it's "Wee"

They haven't said yet. Hopefully later this year
We shall remember them.
Unread 11 May 2006, 10:53   #13
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

This movable controller is all very well and good, but what if you're in a small room or something? you're a bit ****ed.
Things like sword/ lightsabre battles will be great - I can see them releasing a special controller for it (no doubt at huge expense ) but what if you're just playing a racing game like mariokart or something? you don't want to wave your hand around to turn around corners - we laugh at people that did that for all the other versions of mariokart.
Unread 11 May 2006, 10:54   #14
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

yoshimitsu would just own if they had a tekken game
Unread 11 May 2006, 11:45   #15
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

O M F G

Super Smash Bro Brawl was just unveiled at E3.

Nintendo just won E3. You'll see what I mean with the trailer of Brawl and how ironic it is to what Sony has relied upon this year.

http://wiiwin.ytmnd.com/

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2006, 13:11   #16
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Am I the only one who thinks your arms would get tired really quickly if you had to hold them out in front of you moving side to side?

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2006, 13:17   #17
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbOlly
Am I the only one who thinks your arms would get tired really quickly if you had to hold them out in front of you moving side to side?
realistic game fatigue!
most games would have to manually lower your players speed as the game went on.
not Wii!
Unread 11 May 2006, 13:20   #18
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
This was about exactly what I was going to say. It looks pretty nifty, but after a while I reckon you'd just want to sit down with a regular controller and put no more effort in than pushing some buttons with your thumbs.

It screams gimmick, although from a "technological advance" point of view, it's of course pretty damn interesting and impressive.
Unread 11 May 2006, 13:21   #19
Appocomaster
PA Team

I think they'll have to end up producing regular control pads too. But not until after it's been out for 6 months.
Unread 11 May 2006, 13:27   #20
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

They are doing that from the start, Appoco. It's hardly a secret plan or anything, they have said so last September, when they first launched the wiimote. (atleast, I think it was back then?)

Haha, new SSB will have Solid Snake.

As for getting tired: I think you can set your own sensitivity on the thing, so you wont have to swing it around like a looney unless you really want to.

Last edited by DukePaul; 11 May 2006 at 13:35.
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2006, 13:36   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You don't. From the demonstration, it's clear that many games require small, relative, movements to be played, and so you can just hold it like a normal controller (well, a normal controller of that shape) and wiggle your hands as the game demands.

Obviously some games, like the tennis one, may require more, but that's down to the individual developers, I suppose.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2006, 13:41   #22
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I've always been a big Nintendo fanboy, and this looks amazing. I'm sure I saw a Resident Evil in there, along with Mario, Zelda, FFC and a few others which I'd probably buy.
They are up to 100 already?
Unread 11 May 2006, 13:55   #23
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
O M F G

Super Smash Bro Brawl was just unveiled at E3.

Nintendo just won E3. You'll see what I mean with the trailer of Brawl and how ironic it is to what Sony has relied upon this year.

http://wiiwin.ytmnd.com/
link.
Unread 11 May 2006, 14:09   #24
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.ht...toplay=6150560
Unread 11 May 2006, 15:57   #25
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i'm interested to see if they make an attempt to "penetrate" the female market.
They've already done that with DS and Nintendogs. My sister has a pink DS with Nintendogs, and she very rarely plays any games. Even my mum has had a go at Wario Ware on my DS
We shall remember them.
Unread 11 May 2006, 17:57   #26
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

I think the Wii previews shown at E3 are bloody great, love the controllers and the thinking outside fo the box, its always nintendo that makes a strange controller or something different, thats why I prefer it over Xbox/Playstation.

The name does sound a bit silly, but it was a very well timed and executed publicity stunt... Everybody forgets abotu "nintendo revolution" as PS3 is so good etc etc. A couple of weeks before E3, the name is released, almost every gamer website on the internet was talking about the name within a day of it being released, thats publicity that you can't buy tbh.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2006, 19:20   #27
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

can't believe that Leshy didn't mention that it's going to ship with Opera installed
Unread 11 May 2006, 21:59   #28
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

SNES + Bomberman

All this Wii stuff sounds a little too complex for my liking

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2006, 22:06   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
SNES + Bomberman

You'll be able to play (many) NES, SNES and N64 games on the Wii, downloaded from Nintendo :eng101:
Unread 11 May 2006, 22:11   #30
Appocomaster
PA Team

WHAT?
here, have what's left of my soul.
I have to have this console!
Unread 11 May 2006, 22:17   #31
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
Quote:
Then the trailer took an even more surprising turn. The scene shifted to an unidentified installment in Konami's signature Metal Gear Solid series. Its hero, the rough-hewn commando Solid Snake, spoke with his commander Colonel Roy Campbell via the Codec communicator, a staple of the MGS series. Otacon tells snake he's been invited to join Super Smash Bros. and then asks where he is. Snake says he's on recon, and then the camera pulls back to reveal Snake hiding inside a cardboard box inside the Super Smash Bros. arena. The inside joke elicited thunderous laughter from the crowd.
Those crazy computer journalists.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2006, 22:20   #32
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Those crazy computer journalists.
It helps to know the context. The Metal Gear Solid series is one of the most pretentious in video game history; it's like seeing a character from a David Lynch film appear, at Lynch's insistence, in a Wayan Brothers film.
Unread 11 May 2006, 22:34   #33
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
can't believe that Leshy didn't mention that it's going to ship with Opera installed
True class needs no introduction
Unread 11 May 2006, 22:34   #34
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
SNES + Bomberman

the SNES versions of bomberman were vastly inferior to mega bomberman on the megadrive.
Unread 12 May 2006, 01:47   #35
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Quote:
the SNES versions of bomberman were vastly inferior to mega bomberman on the megadrive.
Just as well you'll be able to compare the two on the Virtual Console then isn't it
We shall remember them.
Unread 12 May 2006, 03:36   #36
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't put joint pack 360's and Wii's together for the same price as the PS3 release behind Microsoft and Nintendo.... Would seem like an absolute killer strategy to me (if they could keep up with demand), especially if the PS3 is due out just before christmas...

Nintendo truly could have a Wii in every UK household if they did that!
Chunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2006, 09:31   #37
Appocomaster
PA Team

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20060512.jpg

sooooooo owned.
Unread 12 May 2006, 09:48   #38
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
You'll be able to play (many) NES, SNES and N64 games on the Wii, downloaded from Nintendo :eng101:
Not gamecube?
Unread 12 May 2006, 09:50   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
Not gamecube?
No, you can't download multiple gig games from Nintendo (the others being in the range 10k -> 10 meg). You have to use the actual disk if you want to play gamecube games.
Unread 12 May 2006, 10:22   #40
Cannon_Fodder

As in gamecube discs in the wii?
Unread 12 May 2006, 10:58   #41
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Quote:
Just as well you'll be able to compare the two on the Virtual Console then isn't it
Actually, no. Bomberman is made by Hudson Soft, and at the moment no one knows (in the public) if or how third party developer's games will be on the VC. Same goes for SEGA, it's only their own games from the console, not the games made by third party developers (unsure about second party developers.).
Unread 12 May 2006, 11:40   #42
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukePaul
Actually, no. Bomberman is made by Hudson Soft, and at the moment no one knows (in the public) if or how third party developer's games will be on the VC.
Hudson are, at least, partially in on the deal, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing the TurboGrafx on the VC.
Unread 12 May 2006, 11:44   #43
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:

I still have my mega drive and mastersystem lying around somewhere, man Alex the kid was just awesome
Unread 12 May 2006, 13:24   #44
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Yes.
Ace. Oh I can't wait to play goldeneye again.

(Btw whats this virtual console? )
Unread 12 May 2006, 14:03   #45
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Goldeneye was on the N64 dude, so it will be downloadable content.
Is it wrong that that turns me on more than the idea of downloading porn?

(do you have to pay? I guess you'll have to )
Unread 12 May 2006, 14:35   #46
DukePaul
Retired VGN

Ahh, I had forgotten about Turbografx, guess it works out then.

As for Goldeneye: Perfect Dark was better, and it's Rare, so it might not be on the VC, seeing as Rare's owned by MS and whatnot.
Unread 12 May 2006, 14:40   #47
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

But Rare are developing Diddy Kong Racing DS, so who knows what MS are doing with Rare? I hope Rare games do appear on the VC, I'd love a chance to play Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini and Conkers Bad Fur Day
We shall remember them.
Unread 12 May 2006, 14:51   #48
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Vc?
Unread 12 May 2006, 15:16   #49
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Virtual Console
We shall remember them.
Unread 12 May 2006, 16:45   #50
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
(Btw whats this virtual console? )
You get a Wii. It connects to the internet. You choose a game from the back catalogue (NES, SNES, N64). It downloads it, either to the 512 meg of flash memory included or a USB memory stick/hard drive. You play the game.