User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 Apr 2006, 03:09   #1
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Men who pay for sex are 'as bad as child abusers' - MP Fiona Mactaggart

This woman is insane. Certifiable and completely loony. If you're wondering about the kind of people who dream up the insanity we talk about on these forums shes an example. Incidently shes the one who's also behind the 'drunk rape' witch hunt about to be set on us.

How Fiona Mactaggart voted on key issues since 2001 (From Public Whip) :

Very strongly for the reduction of parliamentary scrutiny.
Very strongly for introducing ID cards.
Very strongly for Labour's anti-terrorism laws.
Very strongly for the Iraq war.

She does have some moderate voting views

Moderately for equal gay rights.

nicely balanced, eh?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/gender/sto...686862,00.html

http://www.epolitix.com/EN/News/2006...9bc8e0d40b.htm

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/fio...taggart/slough
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 04:39   #2
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Men who pay for sex are 'as bad as child abusers' - MP Fiona Mactaggart

How do you 'stongly' vote for something? Press the pen down on the sheet of paper really really hard?
IncubusGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 05:01   #3
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There's more than one vote per issue, and the "very strongly" bit refers to their overall voting record on that issue. See : http://www.publicwhip.org.uk/mp.php?mpid=1822&dmp=258 for example.

edit : Anyway, while the woman may be rather wrongheaded given her voting record, I'm not really sure the Guardian's headline is a fair summary. They seem to be saying that the "as bad as child abusers" bit is a direct quote but then they don't supply the context the quote appears in (as far as I can see). Where they do quote her at length she says :
Quote:
'I don't think most men who use prostitutes think of themselves as child abusers, but they are,' she told The Observer. 'It could change things if we changed the view of prostitution from "it's the oldest profession" to "this is the most common form of child abuse".'
Which is slightly different from the headline as she seems to be mainly talking about the large number of prostitutes who are young (or at least start young).

The weakness in her case however seems to be lumping all people who sell sex together and then using the worst case (e.g. underage prostitutes) to justify a general attitude. We don't pretend that Pablo Escobar is the same as Darren on the estate who sells £50 of weed a week to supplement his income support, so why imagine we can merge all cases/contexts of prostitutes together too.

Clearly a lot of prositution is patently exploitative and users of such services have got to carry some of the moral responsibility for the conditions faced by sex workers. There was a case I mentioned before about a girl who had sex multiple times a day with clients despite the fact she had broken bones (to keep her in one place, presumably). Now, if you go and visit a brothel and realise the girl you're ****ing is in such a state, or is merely very very young then you have an obligation to do something. If not contacting the authorities then at least go back in a Travis Bickle style vengeance mission with a range of illegally purchased firearms.

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 11 Apr 2006 at 08:43.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 07:28   #4
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Her comments are pointlessly hyperbolic, but partly correct. I dont think there's anything particularly wrong with selling sex in an abstract sense (although I''d question the self-esteem of those who paid for it), but the fact that something is ok in principal doesnt mean that you should ignore the details of how its currently implemented. The world of street prostitution seems very grim - we arent talking about high class brothels where women sell sex and then lead otherwise normal lives. The scene is, as far as I know, filled with drug abuse and abusive pimps (although admittedly I dont claim to be an expert on the lives of prostitutes).

I found this part interesting:

Quote:
Fiona MacTaggart, the Home Office minister, is also considering relaxing laws that prevent off-street prostitutes working in pairs from private flats, which reformers argue is safer than working solo.
It seems to me that, like most bad things in our society, the horrors associated with street prostitution are largely a result of government regulation. If all laws regarding the sale of sex were repealed tomorrow, and prostitution became a legal industry with brothels publically advertising their services and competiting in a market based enviornment like other businesses, I suspect that most of the crime and exploitation* associated with the profession would disappear. Like the world of drug dealing, most of the problems and unsavoury elements are a result of existing in an underground enivornment, out of sight, and not protected by the law. And this is entirely the fault of the government, and those who refuse to condemn the relevant laws.

* I mean actual, tangible exploitation, not feminist nonsense about how all objectification of women is inherantly oppressive and so on.

Last edited by Nodrog; 11 Apr 2006 at 07:37.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 10:15   #5
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Women who are against prostitution to such an absurd extent are normally lesbians.

I have nothing more to back this up than I read one book by a woman against prostitution and she was as gay as a window. Still, the evidence is compelling.

Last edited by Deepflow; 11 Apr 2006 at 12:13.
Deepflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 11:29   #6
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
'I don't think most men who use prostitutes think of themselves as child abusers, but they are,' she told The Observer.
What is a child? A person below 18 years in the UK AFAIK. I am pretty sure she doesnt imply that the majority (or even a significant portion) of prostitutes in the UK are below legal age?

Isnt this typical "mindf*ck" of "lobbying" groups in linguistic preparation of legal battlegrounds.

Quote:
'It could change things if we changed the view of prostitution from "it's the oldest profession" to "this is the most common form of child abuse".'
It definately could. Hey it seems like redefining "war" as "forward defence" (read: deploying troups in foreign countries far away) mostly worked, so there is still hope
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 12:17   #7
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
'It could change things if we changed the view of prostitution from "it's the oldest profession" to "this is the most common form of child abuse".'
All dogs are mammals, therefore all mammals are dogs!
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 12:36   #8
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
All dogs are mammals, therefore all mammals are dogs!
Look thats just rubbish Jonny. If all dogs are mammals and my cat is a mammal then my cat must be a dog. My cat isnt a dog. Therefore your dog isn't a mammal.
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 12:58   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
Look thats just rubbish Jonny. If all dogs are mammals and my cat is a mammal then my cat must be a dog. My cat isnt a dog. Therefore your dog isn't a mammal.
You're a mammal.
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 15:19   #10
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
They seem to be saying that the "as bad as child abusers" bit is a direct quote but then they don't supply the context the quote appears in (as far as I can see). Where they do quote her at length she says :

Which is slightly different from the headline as she seems to be mainly talking about the large number of prostitutes who are young (or at least start young).

'I don't think most men who use prostitutes think of themselves as child abusers, but they are,' she told The Observer. 'It could change things if we changed the view of prostitution from "it's the oldest profession" to "this is the most common form of child abuse".'

It seems a pretty fair quote to me. Even if you want to take her word for it (and like most moral panics im doubtful the whores on the street started out aged 9 singing its a hard knock life) how the **** can you make someone responsible in any meaninfgul way for someone elses past when they've had no prior contact?

Besides i still think Ms Mactaggart has 'issues' regarding 'men' and 'sex' in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tocatta & Fugue
Like a lot of other things, whilst I have no particular objection to prostitution in and of itself, clearly much of the prostitution industry in the UK is pure evil, involving kidnapping, slavery and abuse and so forth.
Any links? not being argumentative but i am curious about whether that is actually true. You could say some of it involves what you say but 'much'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
It seems to me that, like most bad things in our society, the horrors associated with street prostitution are largely a result of government regulation. If all laws regarding the sale of sex were repealed tomorrow, and prostitution became a legal industry with brothels publically advertising their services and competiting in a market based enviornment like other businesses, I suspect that most of the crime and exploitation* associated with the profession would disappear. Like the world of drug dealing, most of the problems and unsavoury elements are a result of existing in an underground enivornment, out of sight, and not protected by the law. And this is entirely the fault of the government, and those who refuse to condemn the relevant laws.
I agree completely. Incidently although ive never had sex with a prostitute i have watched porn, do you question my self esteem?
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 15:20   #11
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You're a mammal.
so's your mum

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 15:29   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
Well, maybe it is the most common form of child abuse (that seems like an empirical question though). She's making a mistake, but not the one you seem to think she's making. Let's imagine there are a million cases of child abuse a year. 40% by family members, 10% by "strangers", 50% by clients of child prostitutes (I doubt this is true but let's stick with it). Let's also imagine there are 2 million cases of prostitution a year, 75% with adult prostitutes, 25%with child (i.e. under 18) prostitutes. In this (highly hypothetical) case it'd still be true to say that prostitution would be the most common form of child abuse even though only a quarter of all prostitution cases were with kids. If that makes sense.
Quote:
how the **** can you make someone responsible in any meaninfgul way for someone elses past when they've had no prior contact?
I agree.
Quote:
Besides i still think Ms Mactaggart has 'issues' regarding 'men' and 'sex' in general.
Possibly, but I dislike those sorts of accusations - it's a cheap kind of politics. If her ideas are crazy there's no need to psychoanalyse her possible motivations. Hey, you only agree with capitalism because you hate black people!
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 15:52   #13
milo

Quote:
Well, maybe it is the most common form of child abuse (that seems like an empirical question though). She's making a mistake, but not the one you seem to think she's making. Let's imagine there are a million cases of child abuse a year. 40% by family members, 10% by "strangers", 50% by clients of child prostitutes (I doubt this is true but let's stick with it). Let's also imagine there are 2 million cases of prostitution a year, 75% with adult prostitutes, 25%with child (i.e. under 18) prostitutes. In this (highly hypothetical) case it'd still be true to say that prostitution would be the most common form of child abuse even though only a quarter of all prostitution cases were with kids. If that makes sense.
But she says most men who use prostitutes don't see themselves as child abusers but they are, and the headline takes from that. I think the confusion is because shes trying to say two different things at once.

The majority of men using prostitutes are child abusers.
The majority of child abuse is through prostitution.

The first line would suggest a wide scale problem of child prostitutes, the second wouldn't (necesarrily).

The headline as far as i can tell takes from the first statement, but goes on the assumption that there aren't that many child prostitutes.

Quote:
Possibly, but I dislike those sorts of accusations - it's a cheap kind of politics. If her ideas are crazy there's no need to psychoanalyse her possible motivations. Hey, you only agree with capitalism because you hate black people!

Fair enough, and ive kissed more black girls than you
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 15:56   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Any links? not being argumentative but i am curious about whether that is actually true. You could say some of it involves what you say but 'much'?
Being anecdotal and all I can recall at least three separate news stories in the last ~18 months specifically concerning prostitution through slavery in the UK.
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 16:08   #15
milo

Quote:
Being anecdotal and all I can recall at least three separate news stories in the last ~18 months specifically concerning prostitution through slavery in the UK.

But would that constitute the majority of prostitution?
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 16:12   #16
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

In my opinion there is a big difference between the young girls thats being 'Trafficed', and the ugly mug down at the corner who sells herself to get money.

I dont like either of them, but i honestly think there should be a line drawn to separate the two.
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 16:12   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
But would that constitute the majority of prostitution?
I certainly didn't claim that it did and neither did T&F.
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 16:14   #18
milo

Quote:
I certainly didn't claim that it did and neither did T&F.

well ok, without getting into another GD discussion on language, we'll sit here and wait until t&f clarifies 'much'
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 16:19   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
well ok, without getting into another GD discussion on language, we'll sit here and wait until t&f clarifies 'much'
More than 17%.
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 16:26   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
ive kissed more black girls than you
The worst crime of all.
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 16:56   #21
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

I don't really see what's wrong with prostitution tbh
nor do I see the link between child abusers and people who pay for sex
Does she imply that prostitutes are similar to defenceless children?
Then why doesn't she let them be treated as such and force them out of it?

I think it's more 'wrong' what the prostitutes are doing then what those men do
They are the once that offer those services

Last edited by Alessio; 11 Apr 2006 at 17:03.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 17:03   #22
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
I don't really see what's wrong with prostitution tbh
nor do I see the link between child abusers and people who pay for sex
Does she imply that prostitutes are similar to defenceless children?
Then why doesn't she let them be treated as such and force them out of it?

I think it's more 'wrong' what the prostitutes are doing then what those men do
They offer those services

A more important matter to discuss is that women with short red hair
are worse then holes in the ozone layer
I believe her "point" is that because the most common form of child abuse IS prostitution (i.e there are more cases of prostitutes under 16 than other kinds of child abuse) then prostitution should be seen as child abuse. It's complete nonsense of course and many other people here have already said so.

Not that I'm saying that the whole "child abuse is bad" thing is nonsense, but her reasoning is. See JBG's "mammal" post.
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 17:23   #23
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
I believe her "point" is that because the most common form of child abuse IS prostitution (i.e there are more cases of prostitutes under 16 than other kinds of child abuse) then prostitution should be seen as child abuse. It's complete nonsense of course and many other people here have already said so.

Not that I'm saying that the whole "child abuse is bad" thing is nonsense, but her reasoning is. See JBG's "mammal" post.
http://newyeargala.ntdtv.com/2005/en...mactaggart.jpg

RL <<<<<<<< Planetarion >>>>>>>>> Fiona
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 18:10   #24
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Shes been throwing those viewpoints around the Scottish media ever since she came to anything like local prominence.

Jack McConnell takes most of what she says as Gospel as it gives him the female vote.

Im guessing stories about the Coatbridge/Airdrie fiasco that occurred when he was the local MP is conveniently forgotten.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 18:16   #25
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I once paid to have sex with a 56 year old hot milf blonde down at Hatton Cross (near Heathrow)*.

Surely I can't be a child abuser.

*I had a day to wait for a flight. I was bored.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 19:29   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

I think the worst thing is that black men can now have sex with our proud aryan women without getting lynched by a crazed mob.

I mean hi blasto
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 21:23   #27
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
If only more airports had that 'hooker while you wait' option.
I was under the impression that was included in the Premium Business Class membership.
IncubusGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 21:26   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
I was under the impression that was included in the Premium Business Class membership.
Those capitalists get the best in everything
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 22:44   #29
milo

Quote:

"The most vulnerable and most damaged participants in this study
were exposed to all three ‘trapping factors’. They shared the following characteristics.
l They were young. The mean age of first prostitution for this group was 13.8 years.
l They were problematic drug users. Once addicted, they continued to be involved
in prostitution to fund their habits."

Now this is not a complete picture of prostitution but if a bunch of kids are getting regularly abused then that might be important to some people.

For balance the report also says that there are many people who sell sex who are perfectly happy. But I don't think we can just say, oh well that's alright then and move on.
That doesn't add anything commie the most vulnerable are obviously going to be the 'worst' that doesn't mean the most vulnerable are representative in any meaningful way. You should obviously act to help them, but not act widely because of them.

Quote:
The worst crime of all.

Once you accept that the media's perception of black girls in stereotypical ghettoised fashion is not a true you realise they're pretty hot.

BTW completely seperate to any of this has anyone else noticed the slightly alarming number of 'booty shaking' videos on youtube, and the fact that the people involved are sometimes considerably under the age of 18

i realise im going to get negrepped for this but the general back-forth videoblog flame wars are quite amusing. I don't doubt that there are horrible videos on youtube of people being unfairly setup in real life and shamed on youtube, but really the

'hey look at me'
'you gr8'
'YOU SUCK'

is amusing...admitedly after you've had a few

This lass is, EDIT 18, you really shouldn't trust southafricans on a flame, and ignore yahwe

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=sexxiebebe23

watch the videos, the comments along the lines of 'another girl ruined by the ****** culture had me rolling'

anyhoo not everyone is a fan, particularly one guy in southafrica

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=rendier

a girl from indiana getting flamed from a southafrican, videoblog style. Who needs TV?

you should see some of the 'emo wars' they have.

Last edited by milo; 11 Apr 2006 at 22:55.
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 22:48   #30
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
OH.

MY.

GOD.

Nobody click this link. I have no idea what it is but even clicking this link is a serious criminal offence under the Sexual Offences Act 2003.

If the link shows what it purports to show there would be no question of anything other than a custodial sentence.

The evidence from this forum would be perfectly admissible in court and you would go down.

This has to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen a forum user post.

It is maddness. Sheer madness.

As your resident Lawyer I have now advised you.
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 22:54   #31
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Way to make sure everyone clicks on it dude.
If they think being on the sex offender's register is cool let them.

I feel morally obliged to shout out "don't walk into that big pit" when people are about to walk into a big pit. If after i've shouted it they jump in that's up to them.
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 22:57   #32
milo

oh shut up shes 18, besides youtube take down anything remotely approaching bad. They've even limited videos to 10mins to stop piracy, so now you get people splitting everything into 10 min episodes
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 22:59   #33
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
That doesn't add anything commie the most vulnerable are obviously going to be the 'worst' that doesn't mean the most vulnerable are representative in any meaningful way. You should obviously act to help them, but not act widely because of them.
This very much depends on the context. If we found a new toxic in the water supply which "only" affected 1% of the population (but caused them serious health problems) then it would be entirely reasonable to take serious action to try and overhaul the whole water treatment system to try and fix the problem.
Quote:
Once you accept that the media's perception of black girls in stereotypical ghettoised fashion is not a true you realise they're pretty hot.
Laughing on line.
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 23:01   #34
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
oh shut up shes 18, besides youtube take down anything remotely approaching bad. They've even limited videos to 10mins to stop piracy, so now you get people splitting everything into 10 min episodes
you'll have to say "oh shut up your honour" but other than that I wish you the best of luck.
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 23:02   #35
milo

Quote:
This very much depends on the context. If we found a new toxic in the water supply which "only" affected 1% of the population (but caused them serious health problems) then it would be entirely reasonable to take serious action to try and overhaul the whole water treatment system to try and fix the problem.
point taken, from t&f as well

Quote:
Laughing on line.

I grew up a victim of the media! you know how you're meant to go looking for white nymphs, well all i found were fat vicky pollards. They warped my mind dante
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 23:03   #36
milo

btw this boy has madskillz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5f...&search=guitar
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 23:04   #37
milo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
you'll have to say "oh shut up your honour" but other than that I wish you the best of luck.

for what misposting on an internet forum?
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 23:09   #38
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
False advertising. I was promised jail bait!
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 23:11   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
False advertising. I was promised jail bait!
Unlike the rest of us this is merely the latest addition to dante's ever-growing litany of broken laws. Certainly if the government ever get around to prosecuting him this will be somewhere towards the end of page 247.
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 23:14   #40
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Nobody click this link. I have no idea what it is but even clicking this link is a serious criminal offence under the Sexual Offences Act 2003.

If the link shows what it purports to show there would be no question of anything other than a custodial sentence.
don't worry. it doesn't.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 23:16   #41
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
the following offences

1) breach of s. 1 The Protection of Children Act 1978 (as ammended s.45 2003 Sexual Offences Act)
2) Incitement to breach s. 1 The Protection of Children Act 1978 (as ammended s.45 2003 Sexual Offences Act)
3) Conspiracy to breach s. 1 The Protection of Children Act 1978 (as ammended s.45 2003 Sexual Offences Act)
4) Attempt to breach s. 1 The Protection of Children Act 1978 (as ammended s.45 2003 Sexual Offences Act)

but then I expect you knew that anyway given how 'confident' you seem.
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 23:24   #42
milo

good for you yahwe, but shes 18. I realise that you need to wave your law-penis about but really, i never asked for your advice.

For horn, because he asked (and i won't be posting more because lets face it, its a fad and it'll get annoying)

edit that doesn't work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47m9M...ing%20lesbians
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 23:26   #43
Yahwe
I am.

Clause 9 : Links to unsuitable material

Linking to Pornography or other highly undesirably items will lead to instant deletion and possible banning of IP from the Planetarion forums.

This isn't your lucky day milo.
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 23:27   #44
milo

don't be homophobic, they're only kissing.
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 23:29   #45
Ste
Bored

yahwe, it doesn't look sexual and it certainly isn't pornographic.
You'd probably get the same watching cbbc.

EDIT - i'm talking about the initial link

Unread 11 Apr 2006, 23:31   #46
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
good for you yahwe, but shes 18. I realise that you need to wave your law-penis about but really, i never asked for your advice.
I tell you what milo, here's an interesting idea.

You just broke the law. For an offense taken very seriously by sentencing judges and the general public.

Why don't you keep trying to post snide comments in response to me?

That way, i'll sit here getting angrier and angrier. You'll get to feel smug.

Until we reach the point where I hate you so much that I report you to the police.

This'll be a fun game.
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 23:33   #47
milo

Quote:

Until we reach the point where I hate you so much that I report you to the police.

This'll be a fun game.

We tried that with you, they wouldn't have it. Go and troll someone else.
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 23:34   #48
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
I think the worst thing is that black men can now have sex with our proud aryan women without getting lynched by a crazed mob.

I mean hi blasto
I couldn't turn it down. £100 for 1 hour cum once. I thought it was a bargain.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 23:37   #49
Dante Hicks
Clerk

If we have reached a point where posting links to attention whoring wiggers wiggling their bum can land you in prison then this is a golden age to be alive.

edit : I cannot believe I just signed up to youtube just to check that video. I hate you milo.
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 23:39   #50
milo

Quote:
If we have reached a point where posting links to attention whoring wiggers wiggling their bum can land you in prison then this is a golden age to be alive.

edit : I cannot believe I just signed up to youtube just to check that video. I hate you milo.

TBH i posted more about the reactions people were making to those videos than the vidoes themselves, but i needed context im guessing you also think shes been ruined by ****** culture?

i did post guitarkid tho!

EDIT/ and i knew this wasn't really enough to make a new thread about hence i hijacked my own thread, i was trying to be curteous!