User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 3 Dec 2002, 23:21   #1
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Has anybody had Mono? (mononucleosis)

Felt like crap, and the doctor took some blood tests, and told me i have mono. Anybody else been through this?

How long did it last, how bad did it get, etc?

I'm kinda spooked

Barrow
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 23:24   #2
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
[13:34] * HobbieRogue4 humps Queen's leg
[13:34] <Queen> aaahh
[13:34] <Queen> dont
[13:34] <Queen> i have mono
[13:34] <Queen> or summit
[13:34] <HobbieRogue4> what's that?
[13:34] <HobbieRogue4> :/
:/
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 23:51   #3
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
:/
Mononucleosis (often called "mono") is an infection caused by the Epstein-Barr virus. Signs of mono include fever, sore throat, headaches, white patches on the back of your throat, swollen glands in your neck, feeling tired and not feeling hungry.

It's another name for glandular fever, it seems, well they're caused by the same virus anyway.

[edit] don't ya just love google [/edit]
Unread 3 Dec 2002, 23:53   #4
MonotoneMan

Quote:
Has anybody had Mono?
Tone? Why yes, I have one!

Quote:
told me i have a monotone.
Why, that's wonderful news!

I'm really sorry about that.
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 01:22   #5
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Google is horribly inefficient in conveying how much pain people are in. But thanks
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 01:27   #6
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
it's also known as the 'kissing disease' if that helps :P
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 04:11   #7
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Supernova9
Mononucleosis (often called "mono") is an infection caused by the Epstein-Barr virus. Signs of mono include fever, sore throat, headaches, white patches on the back of your throat, swollen glands in your neck, feeling tired and not feeling hungry.

Google seems to have left out the excrutiating pain, massive discomfort, inability to swallow, shakes, terrible fever, insomnia and horrendousnausia which I suffered. I was in the hospital for 10 days.

Now mind you, mine was apparently a particularily bad case, so bad that I also got jaundice, a not-uncommon side symptom in very bad cases.

Worst 10 days of my life, except for the 4 in the middle where I got a demerol shot in the ass twice a day. That part was actually quite pleasant.

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 15:37   #8
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Well hot diggity, now i have something to look forward to. Turns out the culture swabs that my doctor took came back positive for Stafforisis, which is another something i know nothing about.

Ah well, heres to disease :/

Barrow
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 17:21   #9
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
I read this as "Has anybody had Mong?"

Bad luck btw...

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 18:16   #10
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
I read this as "Has anybody had Mong?"
well??????
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2004, 16:27   #11
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Grimble v2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Has anybody had Mono? (mononucleosis)

Bumping this because I have just been told by my doctor that I have mono.

Goodbye alcohol, goodbye good-times, goodbye start of footie season.

Unread 28 Jan 2004, 16:31   #12
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Grimble v2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

PS. It could've been worse, I noticed two weird bumps in my groin yesterday, which turned out to be swollen lymph nodes and not cancerous hiv herpes that I thought it was.

PPS. Life sucks right now.
Unread 28 Jan 2004, 16:35   #13
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

my sis had mono

it's also known as Pfeiffers Disease
Unread 28 Jan 2004, 16:39   #14
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Glandular fever comes and goes, it is mainly present for a year or so but will come back from time to time for the rest of your life i believe as the virus lies dormant.

One of my friends has it and is fine most of the time but every so often she will suddenly fall ill for a couple of days. She got it about 6 months ago i think.
Unread 28 Jan 2004, 17:16   #15
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

I got glandular fever about 2 years ago, and spend 7 days in hospital because of it (bizarrely I almost died, but that was a combination of having Glandular Fever and Tonsilitis, which caused a quincy, which I have no idea what it is, but it fecking choked me almost to death) and whenever I get run down etc I get a nasty sore throat etc.

Bloody disease.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2004, 17:44   #16
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

fs
i saw the second post by hobbie and almost jumped for joy.. and post 'hurray hobbie's back!!'

then i saw the dates.

you utter bastards :\
Unread 28 Jan 2004, 18:40   #17
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

George´s gf got mono and them they coulndt have sex. George started reading and became quite intelligent, and realized sex is crap. Hooray for georgie boy!1!1
Unread 28 Jan 2004, 18:59   #18
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
Felt like crap, and the doctor took some blood tests, and told me i have mono. Anybody else been through this?

How long did it last, how bad did it get, etc?

I'm kinda spooked

Barrow
Went around High School. 90% of the people that got infected shared food at the lunch table. Uninfected body called them stupid for sharing food and asked if they payed attention in Kindergarden.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2004, 20:49   #19
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice

My girlfriend just got it and she was just coming off from a bout of tonsilitis so this seems to be an improvement over that. She pretty much feels like shit every day after being out for a couple of hours.

Also, does anyone know how likely it is that I'll get it? Right now I feel perfectly fine.
Unread 28 Jan 2004, 20:55   #20
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its not easy to get. That is why your allowed to go to School and work and such. Of course, your also not sucking everyones face or doing nasty with everyone you see down the hall (unless your the school whore).
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2004, 20:59   #21
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
My girlfriend
You are a girl and you have a gf? This makes every single GD'er feel like shitor.
Unread 28 Jan 2004, 21:02   #22
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I thought this thread was going to be about linux
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2004, 04:10   #23
meaple
Pretend Faggot

meaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the rough

youre shit nod

[ ripper ] I told u I was hardcore
meaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2004, 04:38   #24
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
or doing nasty
made me laugh for some reason
Unread 29 Jan 2004, 08:21   #25
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
You are a girl and you have a gf? This makes every single GD'er feel like shitor.
only you, because you suck.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2004, 10:34   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
lol gay lolololololololololololodsajiogfpaegfuoaevgoawuegcvwlhgpseahgpss
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2004, 17:53   #27
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
My girlfriend just got it
When did you become a lesbian?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote