User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Jun 2003, 00:23   #1
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Question so why doesnt the us invade Congo?

they have massive human rights violations and genocide down there, so send troops. they really need your freedom and democracy right now.
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 00:29   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
They're in africa.

Noone cares about africa.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 00:30   #3
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Toto does!
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 00:33   #4
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
all the maps of africa were used to feed the prisoners in gitmo...
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 00:36   #5
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
so why doesnt germany invade poland?

oh
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 00:40   #6
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
so why doesnt germany invade poland?

oh
so why dont you say something usefull or just shut up?
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 00:42   #7
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
you know what other German thought it would be a good idea to invade random countries?
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 00:45   #8
wu_trax

thanks for completly missing my point.
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 00:46   #9
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future
I certainly did....

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 00:47   #10
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
thanks for completly missing my point.
You know the answer already. No country in the history of the world has ever started a war in a situation where they do not stand to gain anything.
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 00:49   #11
wu_trax

maybe there still is someone who hasnt noticed these sickening lies about human right and democracy by the current us-goverment.
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 01:42   #12
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
maybe there still is someone who hasnt noticed these sickening lies about human right and democracy by the current us-goverment.
As opposed to who? China?

Just because you don't agree with some policy doesn't make it wrong.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 03:26   #13
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
On the scale of 1-10, Congo's "may cause trouble elsewhere and/or destabilize the region" rating is -3.6
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 03:34   #14
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Which Congo? This one:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/afr...es/1076794.stm
or this one:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/afr...es/1076399.stm ?

Congo is a cool name for a country.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 05:49   #15
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Which Congo? This one:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/afr...es/1076794.stm
or this one:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/afr...es/1076399.stm ?

Congo is a cool name for a country.
hmmm....I spose either would suffice
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 06:41   #16
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
you know what other German thought it would be a good idea to invade random countries?
Kaiser Wilhelm? I can't think of any others. I can think of an Austrian though.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 06:52   #17
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
http://www.chronique.com/Library/Med...harlemagne.htm
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 06:52   #18
sinnamon xie
teens1ut

sinnamon xie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: so why doesnt the us invade Congo?

Quote:
they have massive human rights violations and genocide down there, so send troops. they really need your freedom and democracy right now.
Oh please don't encourage the government. And don't forget to mention the many other countries that also have the same problems, sometimes because the US helped put an anti-communist dictator in power. We could go on forever.

Last edited by sinnamon xie; 4 Jun 2003 at 06:58.
sinnamon xie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 06:57   #19
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
http://www.chronique.com/Library/Med...harlemagne.htm
nifty

Unread 4 Jun 2003, 06:58   #20
Azof
Teh "One"

Azof is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: so why doesnt the us invade Congo?

Quote:
because it's easier to let aids wipe them out

wait...
If ignorance is bliss.....
Then why isn't the world a happier place?
Azof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 07:32   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
On the scale of 1-10, Congo's "may cause trouble elsewhere and/or destabilize the region" rating is -3.6
Is this true? Or is it "May cause trouble in a region which we give a **** about"?. African conflicts/crisis tend to spill over to neighbouring countries (refugees, ethnic tensions, economic destabalisation, etc).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 07:39   #22
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Is this true? Or is it "May cause trouble in a region which we give a **** about"?. African conflicts/crisis tend to spill over to neighbouring countries (refugees, ethnic tensions, economic destabalisation, etc).
I think it caused some trouble for all the people there who got massacred, and as you say, all the people in the surrounding areas who will get dragged into it. I am no expert on Africa at all, but I get the impression that many people are tied more to tribal loyalties than national ones. I am not saying that is a bad thing, but it makes trouble more likely to spread.

Unread 4 Jun 2003, 08:03   #23
Toop
Banned

Toop is an unknown quantity at this point
Africa is irrelevant. It has no oil, and nothing of great value. Plus congo has forests. It's hard to fight in there
Toop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 08:06   #24
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by Toop
Africa is irrelevant. It has no oil, and nothing of great value. Plus congo has forests. It's hard to fight in there
it has alot of resources, but no oil, that is true. and forests, heh, vietnam.

Unread 4 Jun 2003, 08:21   #25
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
As opposed to who? China?

Just because you don't agree with some policy doesn't make it wrong.
china at least doesnt pretend to give a damn about human rights (and, funny enough, i think china has send troops to congo to help the people a while ago)
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 08:27   #26
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Africa has teh sweet, sweet diamonds
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 08:34   #27
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by menth0l
Africa has teh sweet, sweet diamonds
it makes you wonder why all the cool stuff is in all the poor countries.

Unread 4 Jun 2003, 08:36   #28
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
to compensate for the fact we have all the food.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 08:39   #29
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:

Just some of it you spoiled bastard
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 08:40   #30
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
Just some of it you spoiled bastard
true true, they don'T have much in the way of PS2s and things, but when it comes to oil, diamonds, coffee, tea and stuff like that, they have it all

Unread 4 Jun 2003, 08:41   #31
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by menth0l
to compensate for the fact we have all the food.
that's what's creepy about it, the fact that all the food is somewhere different from all the cool stuff.

Unread 4 Jun 2003, 08:51   #32
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Toop
If Africa has no oil, what the hell is Shell doing in Nigeria?

i.e. Africa does have Oil, and Nigeria is the 10th largest Oil producer in the world (w/ reserves of 22bn barrells). Sure, this is no Middle East, but still.
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 08:54   #33
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Since the "poor countries" constitute the majority of the world, this is hardly surprising.

Also, I would hardly say the United States or Canada are resource poor. Even Europe still has sizable coal and oil deposits despite being resource whores the last couple of centuries.
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 09:06   #34
Radical Edward

Quote:
Since the "poor countries" constitute the majority of the world, this is hardly surprising.

Also, I would hardly say the United States or Canada are resource poor. Even Europe still has sizable coal and oil deposits despite being resource whores the last couple of centuries.
it was a pointless point of mine as the answer is quite clear anyway. ther reason the wast is so powerful is down to the industrial revolution and imperialism. If we had been nicer to them, the poor countries probably wouldn't be all that poor.

Unread 4 Jun 2003, 09:45   #35
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
and to think all this started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry.
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 09:49   #36
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan
and to think all this started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry.
apparently the theory went that if there were two immensely powerful nations, then they would never have a war. There was one problem with this theory: It was Bollocks*

*Apologies to Edmund Blackadder.

Unread 4 Jun 2003, 10:12   #37
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 21:00   #38
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
If Africa wanted help from the west they shouldn't have told us to get lost. It's their own fault for not wanting to stick with Britain. They could have had schools, hospitals, and a Queen. Instead they decided to go it alone.
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 21:18   #39
Flexium
Professional lazy man

Flexium is an unknown quantity at this point
i think you will find this congo was a colony of that tiny lil' country called Belgium...
(when i come to think of it, it wasn't difficult to tell us to get lost...)
Flexium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 21:22   #40
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
They could have had schools, hospitals, and a Queen.
I once read an obscure article that said that there actually were schools and hospitals in Africa. I dismissed it as communist propaganda though.
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 21:26   #41
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I hear that even if America was going to invade Congo they wouldn't have had chance yet, so soon after Iraq.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 21:40   #42
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
I once read an obscure article that said that there actually were schools and hospitals in Africa. I dismissed it as communist propaganda though.

I read an article that claimed there was such a place as Africa. I dismissed as subjective existentialism run amok however. On a secondary note I damn well hope there aren't any publicly funded hospitals in Africa. Last thing we need is more socialist propaganda about people "getting better" and "not being sick".
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 23:15   #43
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
speaking of Kaiser Wilhelm....I'm apparently related to him some how(not really anymore tho...since he's dead and all)...cousin of my great grandfather or something like that
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 23:17   #44
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

huh is an unknown quantity at this point
hay guys i heard africans are just an invention of the media and charities to try and take more money from hard working rich people
huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 23:18   #45
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally posted by huh
hay guys i heard africans are just an invention of the media and charities to try and take more money from hard working rich people
get off my planet
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 23:23   #46
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

get off my intarnet
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 23:25   #47
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Dilly_D
speaking of Kaiser Wilhelm....I'm apparently related to him some how(not really anymore tho...since he's dead and all)...cousin of my great grandfather or something like that
your great grandfather was Czar Nicholas II?
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 23:27   #48
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
your great grandfather was Czar Nicholas II?
no, I'm not exactly sure how we'd be related....but apparently we are
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 23:29   #49
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

better dead than red
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 23:31   #50
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Dilly_D
no, I'm not exactly sure how we'd be related....but apparently we are
Would this be in a "my grandmother said so" kind of way or a "we actually are" kind of way?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote