User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 29 Sep 2005, 20:20   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Decent price and decent components?

Samsung SpinPoint P SP2004C 200GB SATA-II 8MB Cache - OEM (HD-017-SA)
£55.50 £55.50
GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 Value Dual Channel Kit CAS2.5 (GE1GB3200BHDC) (MY-005-GL)
£61.95 £61.95
Logitech G5 Gaming-Grade Laser Mouse (KB-069-LG)
£42.95 £42.95
Subtotal £160.40
VAT £28.07
Total £188.47

I heard that mouse technology has become somewhat better in recent years so the logitech is just to see if it can improve my 'online game r0x0ring' etc. However the hdd i chose because its recommended by quietpc for quietness and the geil everyone seems to be raving about atm..

However i was wondering what you guys thought.

Thats from OCUK which have had some dubious customer service issues so if you can find a cheaper price let me know plus any comments recommendations

System is as follows :

A64 3000+ Venice
Abit Av8 3rd eye
Geforce 6600GT AGP
512meg of **** knows who made it PC2700 Ram
Primary 80 gig hdd
Secondary 40 gig hdd
Various other bits and bobs like a tv card and firewire thingies.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 20:23   #2
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Decent price and decent components?

the other mouse thats a possible is http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...akb_2d015_2dra
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 13:16   #3
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't know much about mice.
Samsung make nice quiet harddrives so that's a good choice, and I already explained about value RAM to you on MSN innit (for those who weren't there: unless you're into serious overclocking, you'd be daft not to buy the value RAM).
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 23:51   #4
JammyJim
Godfather

I went for some ballistix memory from crucial and ive bought the Razer Copperhead Limited Edition mouse from overclockers.

Just have to buy the hdd now and i have a fairly decent rig i suppose.
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 23:58   #5
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

I've bought that EXACT same hard-drive and mouse (Logitech G5) from OCUK (fast delivery as well ). The mouse is SEXY I absolutely love it (I got the mouse on a special offer a while ago for only £40 inc. VAT). What I find daft is the gravity weights you get with it... and the fact that the middle click function of the mouse, while there, takes some 'pressing' down on which my old Microsoft Mouse didn't have. I'm also glad I got rid of my old MS wireless one - this Logitech one has some nice brading to it which just glides as does the mouse too

The hard-drive is blistering...zooooooooooom.......... Samsung used to have problems with hard-drives if you do some reading up on that but not anymore, these drives are free from those issues. Just don't forget to make sure you have a SATA cable!
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote