User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Nov 2003, 12:51   #1
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
at the begining of the universe, when everything was more conveniently close together

were there no planets suitable for life because everything was simply too hot?

(things madelines ponder about #146)
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 12:57   #2
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: at the begining of the universe, when everything was more conveniently close together

Every time people bring up questions about the beginning of the universe, or dinosaurs, or even people who lived thousands of years ago, I think "why the hell should we care?"...
I mean, we're here now, that's what matters... and what matters even more is where we're going in the future.

So, stop putting resources into dead things, and things that have long past. Start to think how we can get off this forsaken piece of dirt floating in space, or how to make the world a better place, instead of digging up old bones.

EF ES!!!

[/useless_comment]
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 12:59   #3
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Re: at the begining of the universe, when everything was more conveniently close together

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
No, Yes.
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 12:59   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Because there were no planets, basically.

The first ones to form would be gas giants, which are (as far as we know) devoid of life, and any smaller ones that did coalesce wouldn't be stable enough for anything lasting.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 13:01   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
Every time people bring up questions about the beginning of the universe, or dinosaurs, or even people who lived thousands of years ago, I think "why the hell should we care?"...
I mean, we're here now, that's what matters... and what matters even more is where we're going in the future.
Those do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it. Although I'm not sure how this relates to stars forming.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 13:31   #6
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

there were planets because the BIBLE says so:

In the Beginning the EARTH was void and without form. The BIG BANG is a LIE made up by the EVIL atheistic CHARLES DARWIN in order to push GOD out of our LIVES.

REPENT and you will see the TRUTH.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 13:33   #7
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

so, if the universe is truely expanding, it should be possible to travel beyond the expanding limit of the universe.. RIGHT? in theory atleast.. what would it smell like in the big nothing?
I am Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 13:34   #8
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity

So, stop putting resources into dead things, and things that have long past. Start to think how we can get off this forsaken piece of dirt floating in space, or how to make the world a better place, instead of digging up old bones.

EF ES!!!

[/useless_comment]
if we dont know what happened before how can we predict what will happen

Unread 28 Nov 2003, 13:37   #9
madi
a little bit broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
so, if the universe is truely expanding, it should be possible to travel beyond the expanding limit of the universe.. RIGHT? in theory atleast.. what would it smell like in the big nothing?

i am pretty sure smelling would be quite hard

but i will go for ... ummm ...... pineapple
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 13:37   #10
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I demand a answer to my question, can we ? I sure want to
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 13:37   #11
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
GOD is there. REPENT or you will be cast along with SATAN into a pit of FIRE AND BURNING SULPHUR because the LORD loves you!

Unread 28 Nov 2003, 13:39   #12
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: at the begining of the universe, when everything was more conveniently close toge

[quote=madi]if we dont know what happened before how can we predict what will happen

[/QUOTEWe dont know what happened before.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 13:40   #13
Radical Edward

Quote:
if we dont know what happened before how can we predict what will happen

the BIBLE tells you in REVALATIONS: an ANGEL gets the horn, then he breaks the seal and the world ends. HALLELUJAH I CAN'T WAIT.

www.raptureready.com

Unread 28 Nov 2003, 13:40   #14
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
GOD is there. REPENT or you will be cast along with SATAN into a pit of FIRE AND BURNING SULPHUR because the LORD loves you!
I would rather go there and claim ownership of an eternity of nothingness and sell it to Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth.
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 13:43   #15
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

so whats number...
er...
#36 then madi?
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 14:29   #16
madi
a little bit broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
We dont know what happened before.

i would like to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0

so whats number...
er...
#36 then madi?

where would be the best place to go inorder to see the earths rotation by watching stars appear and disappear at the horizon
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 14:44   #17
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: at the begining of the universe, when everything was more conveniently close toge

Quote:
where would be the best place to go inorder to see the earths rotation by watching stars appear and disappear at the horizon
mars
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 14:45   #18
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Probably the equator, since that's where the rotation would be most fastest. Preferably somewhere in the middle of the sea, where there's no light pollution.
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 14:56   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

If the fastest you can travel is the speed of light and the edge of the universe is expanding away from you at the speed of light you probably won't catch it (even from common sense and ignoring relativity).

PS I see Brother Edward has foresworn his blasphemous career of perpetuating the evil lies of physics for a life of chastity, repentenace and prayer. However before you go we should all go burn down the observatories so something like this will never happen again.
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 21:03   #20
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
i would like to know

wow, you think of cool things
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 22:00   #21
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

the younger the universe, the more full of anger it was. Now that it is all old and shit, life has found an easy going and understanding eviorement to live on.

I am right for the wrong reasons on this one =/
Baron Morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2003, 22:32   #22
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

I thought life still didn't exist because humanity is still too mundane?
Unread 29 Nov 2003, 02:20   #23
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point

That's just germans.
They don't exist.
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2003, 21:17   #24
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
We dont know what happened before.
No, we don't, but we have a fair idea. For example, at the start of the universe we can pin down the temperature when nucleosynthesis happened from the relative abundances of hydrogen, helium, deuterium, lithium, etc in first generation stars (eg in old globular clusters).
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote