User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Oct 2004, 19:45   #101
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: should fat people be allowed free surgery

tbh I'm surprised no-one's commented on how screwed the NHS is if they are asking madi for advice.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 19:49   #102
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Obviously, the only solution remaining: chop of all fat peoples' legs. Then they won't weigh as much.
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 21:36   #103
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
*disclaimer

there are exceptions to every rule and people who are ill / mentally unstable / only have shops that sell crap food in a 50 mile radius and are too dumb to use a bus / disabled / etc arent included in my above fat people are lazy statement
Oh for flying ****s sake. This is not just to madi it's just that her posts seem to 'stick out' more or something. I really wasn't going to go off on one in this thread because I've done it and done it again and I didn't think I could be arsed but apparantly I can. I am not ill. I am not mentally unstable (Tony please shut up on this point). I have plenty of shops within a 50 mile radius which sell healthy foods including two 'health food' shops and I am not too stupid to use the bus to get to these shops. In fact I live in a small town where it is totally unecessary to use a bus and I walk for the most part. I am not disabled. So by your argument I am lazy. Oh well **** me. I MUST be lazy. God ****ing damn. I never considered myself to be lazy before. In fact working in a (reasonably) physical job had, I thought, made me realise just how fit and hardworking I am in comparison with some of my slim/thin workmates who can't even mop the ****ing kitchen floor or hoover a relatively small area without becoming out of breath. But of course now I realise I am lazy and therefore am not putting as much effort in as they are. That must be it. Yes.

For the general populus of GD who had not seen my coherent arguments (ranting) on madis previous and equally brilliant 'fat people choose to be fat' thread I am in fact fat. I am considered obese by most I guess. I have never ever argued (to my recollection - call me a hypocrite if you will) that overweight people cannot DO SOMETHING about the fact that they are overweight. It is not as easy as just saying 'I'm going to lose 4 stone' and then doing it. But it can be done. Hell I have just watched my mother (who has been overweight ever since I can remember) lose over 3 stone. (The worst of it is she looks ****ing terrible for it - but how the **** can I say that to her?!) Again I will repeat - I don't think people should be given stomach stapling operations on the NHS. I don't think that operation should be given at all. I am certainly not going to go off on one about my ideas on surgery (which I am sure are quite different to most) but not only do I see it as being detrimental to health, I see it as being a totally unnatural and unhelpful surgery. Again, if overweight people wish to lose weight they can do so by training their body (both in terms of food intake and exercise) not by starving themselves.

Yes I could try to give coherent arguments about why this surgery should not be given. But quite frankly when I see people posting (to give a couple of random examples) this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
oh god no
not in public
not until they are of reasonable size

i would rather pay for their surgery than see fat people in lycra running
and this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
They'd have to catch them first. All the thin people would have to do is run up some steps or stay in buildings without lifts. Avoiding walking near a pie shop would minimise the risk. Meanwhile all the fatties would keel over from the exertion and die.
I begin to wonder whether it is worth my while talking to some of you people at all.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 21:47   #104
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Madi's probably joking/she's a bit stupid anyways. Incubus is at least half a mile up madi's **** so that's sort of self-explanatory.
Unread 20 Oct 2004, 22:26   #105
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Madi's probably joking/she's a bit stupid anyways. Incubus is at least half a mile up madi's **** so that's sort of self-explanatory.
Sometimes you make me so horny.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 01:10   #106
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Fat: No
Clinically Obese: Yes
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 04:57   #107
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I would have imagined the NHS would practise triage slightly more effectively than that to be honest.
Contrary to the tabloid's fevered imaginings, the NHS service isn't too bad. The amount of people left to die in corridors and such is fairly low...

(and I'd imagine unless their budgets work differently from everywhere else that there isn't just a big **** off bank account marked 'NHS' which everyone draws from, but allocated portions for surgery, or a specific area or whatever. It's highly unlikely that it came down 'to save small child' or 'cut tranny's cock off')
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 05:33   #108
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Contrary to the tabloid's fevered imaginings, the NHS service isn't too bad. The amount of people left to die in corridors and such is fairly low...

(and I'd imagine unless their budgets work differently from everywhere else that there isn't just a big **** off bank account marked 'NHS' which everyone draws from, but allocated portions for surgery, or a specific area or whatever. It's highly unlikely that it came down 'to save small child' or 'cut tranny's cock off')
I'm not actually Richard Littlejohn there's no need to explain the glaringly obvious. I merely think the money could have been spent better. On a slightly different note on what grounds are transsexuals entitled to sex-change operations. I can't get a bigger cock off the government can I?
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 06:00   #109
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
On a slightly different note on what grounds are transsexuals entitled to sex-change operations.
You need to go to months of psychological therapy as I understand it, and they need to recommend it. You don't just rock up and ask for your cock to be cut off. It needs to be for assisting a genuine psychological condition or equivalent.

As for your cock, if you had a freakishly malformed penis and it was causing you genuine long-term psychological problems then I wouldn't see the problem with corrective surgery. Same with a birth-mark on your face or something.

To be honest, allowing a young person who happens to have been born "the wrong gender" a chance at a more normal or fulfilling life sounds like a better investment of money than in some life saving surgery on people who realistically won't live a long time anyway, or on giving people heart operations when they've abused their bodies. (Not that I begrudge either)
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 11:55   #110
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
You need to go to months of psychological therapy as I understand it, and they need to recommend it. You don't just rock up and ask for your cock to be cut off. It needs to be for assisting a genuine psychological condition or equivalent.

As for your cock, if you had a freakishly malformed penis and it was causing you genuine long-term psychological problems then I wouldn't see the problem with corrective surgery. Same with a birth-mark on your face or something.

To be honest, allowing a young person who happens to have been born "the wrong gender" a chance at a more normal or fulfilling life sounds like a better investment of money than in some life saving surgery on people who realistically won't live a long time anyway, or on giving people heart operations when they've abused their bodies. (Not that I begrudge either)
Difficult to prove that they've been born the 'wrong' gender though...
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 12:24   #111
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
Difficult to prove that they've been born the 'wrong' gender though...
It's not a court of law, you don't need to "prove" things in the legal sense. As I say, you need to do about a year of therapy where psychological analysis is carried out to how genuine your condition is. The operation itself is risky, painful, and leaves the recipient in a poor state afterwards.

Anyone willing to undergo all that has "proved" to me that they're genuine.
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 12:39   #112
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

afaik you have to live for a year as a member of the opposite sex before you can have the operation(s) anyway, so it'd be pretty clear which sex the person felt was right for them
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 13:07   #113
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

iirc, you can actually prove it. as i'm sure you'll have noticed male/female brains are 'built' differently. the trans gender thingy is apparently caused by too much in the way of female hormones in the womb causing an otherwise male child to have an at least partially female brain. you also get to see pics of the op, which i suspect would put most people off!

that asside, yes, you have to live as a lass for a year, face psycholocical interviews etc etc - for some reason the interviews include a vicar, which i never understood.

on another note, jonny, i'd imagine tony'd he happy to send john prescott around whenever required

-mist
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 15:31   #114
JonnyBGood
Banned

How dare they argue with god's divine will