User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 15 Oct 2004, 19:33   #1
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Youth of Today

I was somewhat stunned today during politics. In a class of 19 people, when quizzed about political preference between the three main parties, two people said labour, three said lib dem, and a full fourteen people identified themselves as Tories - with only two of these fourteen saying they had a preference for any smaller party, both of who said UKIP.

Now, I realise that this question being asked anywhere in Buckinghamshire meant the responses were going to be bleak, but overwhelming conservatism among SIXTEEN YEAR OLDS is depressing.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 19:39   #2
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: The Youth of Today

Aren't you a private school toff? Hence isn't this to be expected?
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 19:42   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I hope you identified yourself as a Tory in order to blend in with the masses and avoid being singled out which would damage your assigned goal of bringing down the system from the inside.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 19:54   #4
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

go swim in some money, richy
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 19:55   #5
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
Aren't you a private school toff? Hence isn't this to be expected?
not quite. 'grammar school with intent' however. and there seems to be a moderate correlation between 'having large amounts of money' and 'getting in despite failing the 11+' which obviously has no correlation at all with 'blatant corruption'. Happily, the whole thing is swaddled in a soothing dose of illegal catholic interpretation of the curriculum (we aren't allowed to see contraceptives in sex ed and being gay is absolutely and categorically a sin and any teacher who infers otherwise will be disciplined) so any fears about the general capitalist evil is assuaged by the religious fundamentalism.

Oh, and I'm definitely a Labour type chappie for these sorts of things. The Tories are Satan and the Lib Dems have no principles at all but Labour are only moderately flawed.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 20:08   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
Labour are only moderately flawed.
heh.

I'd be slightly more concerned if people identified themselves with the ruling party (a party which took us into a deeply unpopular war and whose leaders lied, etc) tbh. Also, anyone who is 16 has only really experience a Labour government. It's not like they're going to remember the miners strike, or the poll tax, or every single comedian in Britain being anti-Tory or whatever (and actually bothering to do routines about it).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 20:14   #7
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
heh.

I'd be slightly more concerned if people identified themselves with the ruling party (a party which took us into a deeply unpopular war and whose leaders lied, etc) tbh. Also, anyone who is 16 has only really experience a Labour government. It's not like they're going to remember the miners strike, or the poll tax, or every single comedian in Britain being anti-Tory or whatever (and actually bothering to do routines about it).
perhaps. but three quarters is a lot.

besides. before Iraq, Labour was working. I didn't agree with privatisation, I don't like the way that, much like in the US as of late, the tax burden is shifting from the rich to the middle-class through top-up fees and the like, but as far as 'running a country sanely and with appropriate support for the poor' goes, you don't get much better than Labour, even if they've shifted to the right.

And even if we don't remember the miners strike, we all know what it was and have some handle on how disastrous the tories were. but alas, the three counties have never looked to 'sanity' to define their opinions when 'fanatical dislike of anyone who isn't a WASP' would do
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 20:23   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
any teacher who infers otherwise
Implies. Infer is what the observer does, eg I implied that sunday is shit, you inferred from what I said that sunday is shit.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 20:24   #9
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

You are the youth of today you dozy ****.

I'm off out now with MM on a binge drinking session round town. Wish me luck.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 20:25   #10
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Implies. Infer is what the observer does, eg I implied that sunday is shit, you inferred from what I said that sunday is shit.
ok thanks

skiddy i didn't imply otherwise. i just bemoaned the sorry state of my demographic
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 20:31   #11
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

They are 16 year old, do you really expect them to know what they are talking about ?

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 20:33   #12
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
They are 16 year old, do you really expect them to know what they are talking about ?

~Vaio~
well i do

wait
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 20:34   #13
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You are the 1st in recorded history, congratulations

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 20:42   #14
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

Ok I'm going to stick my neck out here and admit i'd vote Tory over the others at any election.
The reason for this is the following :

1) Yes the economy is in a good state but the national debt isn't. Why..... because of the continually rising taxes that have been implemented since '97.
2) In 2001 Labour continually pledged that they would improve the NHS, education and the public services. As of date the NHS is still spiralling into dissaray because of dwindling funding and lack of governmental support, there is still a nation wide shortage of key subject teachers (maths, sciences and english), an over abundance of teachers for bit part courses, and the continual selling off of school fields for housing developments (see John Prescotts latest proposal), and the public services are being downsized and given more duties. Any more and don't be surprised to see the police force go on strike if the fire brigade win their case because of this detail.
3) The entire cabinet is unworthy of the nations trust. How many times is there going to be inquests into the actions of this government?

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 20:59   #15
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: The Youth of Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
Good luck.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 21:06   #16
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what happens when you leader stops being the pop prime minister that got him elected in 97... most kids believe they'll leave school and go into a big fat earning salary job like their parents, however these places don't exsist anymore in the numbers they did when their parents were their age, in the end they'll vote conservative cause they'll be under the mistaken impression that the tories will protect the middle and upper classes and that labour are the ones protecting the dole scroungers and the McDonald workers.

If someone was to tell these kids how dire their employment opportunities really are I'm sure most of them would quickly change their mind.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 21:34   #17
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood

Worst bit is i'm sure you're not actually english are you Jonny (sure i saw you type some dutch at one point or something). which makes that really depressing.

On topic, labour are only really what the tories were 10 - 20 yrs ago, and the tories have just got scary. I'll vote labour, but only because what the tories would do to the NHS scares me shitless

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 21:37   #18
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

He's Irish. Leshy is the dutch guy that speaks better English than the native English speakers.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 21:43   #19
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
He's Irish. Leshy is the dutch guy that speaks better English than the native English speakers.
Leshy learned english by listening to the BBC World Service and an old Opera help file in english

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 21:50   #20
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
You are the youth of today you dozy ****.

Youre going to wake up with a sore, chafed arse covered in sand and vaseline. You do know this, dont you?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 21:57   #21
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

nah, they are going to gang bang a german woman
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 23:49   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
I'd imagine the index for talking bollocks / being stupid is pretty high among every age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
1) Yes the economy is in a good state but the national debt isn't. Why..... because of the continually rising taxes that have been implemented since '97.
Erm...what? Also, you complain about sell-off of public assets, and shrinking public services and lack of teachers...you know the Tories would accelerate these things, yes?
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 23:58   #23
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

I'm most surprised that all 19 felt comfortable identifying with a party (even as lesser of n evils etc). Did you have to choose one? Do you go to an all boys' school? I'd probably go for Tory, it just sounds the most macho option, their logo is blue etc. I wouldn't pick anything out of political sensibilities unless I wanted to look deep (gay).
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 00:05   #24
Al Gore
Inventor of the Internet

Al Gore is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to a rich-boys grammar school until this year, and in my politics class there was only one tory, who was ridiculed as a result. So it's just your faggy class.
Al Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 01:02   #25
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
Werid. Is this a private school or something?
I blame inbreeding.
p.s. phang get's a +2 for this thread <3
http://www.royallatin.bucks.sch.uk/

note that the little clipart next to 'uniform' is a pair of jackboots. What more can i say?

Anyway. It's a grammar school - ie, test to get in, not a private school. they demand money of people, which is a largely unsuccessful policy.

however, since it IS in buckinghamshire, inbreeding among the locals is pretty much what passes for the local economy.
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 01:06   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

With party affiliation I'd tend to support the dominant ideology model. Rich upper class little twats in an area which is broadly working class often tend to be pro-Labour (as the area as a whole is pro-Labour). Private school kids in London are probably more left-wing than even grammar school kids in shitty Tory places like Buckinghamshire.
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 01:22   #27
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

What scares me shitless, is that FRP (Fremskritspartiet, the party of progress. Dubbed Fascisme, rasisme, politistat (fascism, racism, policestate) by haters) won the school "elections" (Hey, let's pretend to vote guys, all over the country, yeah) last year I think it was.
This is a party that obviously racist. They would privatize everything, exept the army and the police, and they are ugly as well. It's one of the most populist parties I've ever heard of.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 01:26   #28
Dante Hicks
Clerk

There's nothing wrong with some forms of populism per se.

When fascist (or quasi-fascist) parties do well it's almost always the fault of other political parties for addressing concerns over immigration, etc properly. Especially since polls across Europe tend to show that people are generally opposed to things like privatisation by default.
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 04:24   #29
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:
I was somewhat stunned today during politics. In a class of 19 people, when quizzed about political preference between the three main parties, two people said labour, three said lib dem, and a full fourteen people identified themselves as Tories - with only two of these fourteen saying they had a preference for any smaller party, both of who said UKIP.

Now, I realise that this question being asked anywhere in Buckinghamshire meant the responses were going to be bleak, but overwhelming conservatism among SIXTEEN YEAR OLDS is depressing.
This begs the inevitable question: why?
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 04:41   #30
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
This begs the inevitable question: why?

Because the values of Lenin have not been instilled enough in these people!

Off to the gulag with them!
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 04:45   #31
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Perhaps Phang is riled because he proposed a cosy little Duma, but his classmates objected.
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 13:55   #32
Richie987
Mistress's fluffer

Richie987 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Where are you in Bucks?! I live there... :eek:
#1 Galaxy Winner
#1 ********** Galaxy winner
Top 15 ********** planet
Richie987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 14:06   #33
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Request for a permanently stickied thread on why Sunday is crap so other threads don't go off-topic.
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 14:08   #34
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

How long before it gets more posts than the Frying Dutchman thread ?

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 14:13   #35
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Also, on-topic I'd add to my previous comments that children tend to have their entire political framework determined by their parents, teachers and the media. Now, this does not necessarily mean they will have the same beliefs as their parents, it means they accept a lot of the boundaries of debates. So you often get very left or right wing children who either support their parents views in general, or radically mirror them.

What this also means is that viewpoints which don't get discussed will be met by bewilderment with people who are slightly younger.
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 14:13   #36
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

I wonder if he realises that he sounds like a complete hypocrite?
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 14:37   #37
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_spammer
I wonder if he realises that he sounds like a complete hypocrite?
Never.

Ever.

[/allsaints]
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 17:52   #38
ggGGgg

ggGGgg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
When fascist (or quasi-fascist) parties do well it's almost always the fault of other political parties for addressing concerns over immigration, etc properly. Especially since polls across Europe tend to show that people are generally opposed to things like privatisation by default.
Fremskrittspartiet is especially good at making it a problem to start a more restrictive policy on immigration. Whenever any suggestion on the subject comes, they've been "saying that for years, about time the other parties took to their senses, no other party listens to us."

No other party listens to them because they say it spiced up. Drop a verbal bomb that's intentionally politically incorrect and you don't get your case through.

Young people voting for this party are probably mostly the kids that worked in the summer and are angry about having to pay taxes for it.

Last edited by ggGGgg; 17 Oct 2004 at 17:57.
ggGGgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 22:22   #39
Dante Hicks
Clerk

I thought there were going to be pictures of school girls.

You're a sick **** Weeks.
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 22:26   #40
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

they probably just follow their parents example of hating the pinko lefties, theres a difference (to me) between supporting the philosophy that a particular party has and that particular party's leadership. I don't really hate the labour party at the mo, but the executive do tend to get on ones tits.

/off topic

i also thought schoolgirls but the one on the far right (1st pic) is a fox for a teacher and deserves being done in any pubscent fantasy, btw expressive arts? drama?
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 23:19   #41
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
Nerr.
It's like radio and tv and shit.
I had an expressive arts teacher who was very fit also.
I didn't do her though as I was young a foolish.

Phang,

I Demand that you do her.
And video it.
And send it to me.
*gurgle*
trust me when i say that even for a heterosexual, neither of the pointed teachers are fit. low quality of pictures misses out wrinkles and the like. trust me here.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 00:35   #42
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

I met a welsh girl who was a tory.

I think round here it is a way of rebelling against the parents. Like goth people only more wierd
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 00:50   #43
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Tories or Goths? Which are worse? That is the question.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 00:56   #44
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Tories look like human beings.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 00:57   #45
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

That doesnt make them better per se.
Although i'm leaning towards tories anyway.
(or were just arguing that makes them worse)
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 00:58   #46
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Tories are leeches, they contribute nothing to society.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 01:02   #47
Weeks
Banned

and goths do?
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 01:05   #48
Marilyn Manson
Gone

I'm contributing.
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 01:10   #49
Weeks
Banned

By trying to molest 16 year olds?
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 01:11   #50
Marilyn Manson
Gone

You didn't say anything about a positive contribution.