User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:43   #1
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
riddick

should i go or not? i saw pitch black and it wasnt all that bad, but then i saw other vin diesel-movies and they all sucked.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:48   #2
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: riddick

Its good.

Leave your brain at the door, get out the popcorn and soda, and try and ignore the plot. Its XXX set in space, but better.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:53   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

I loved it, but most reviewers don't seem to. It's a mindless movie. A bit of chopping, escaping, space ships and old clichés. Just go sit there and watch the pretty colours on the screen. That's all there is to it.

But you have to watch them in order really:
- Pitch black
- Chronicles of Riddick - dark fury (animation filling up the gap between Pitch black and chronicles)
- Chronicles of Riddick
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 18:56   #4
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It pisses me off when you have to watch some animation things instead of just being able to watch the films in order.

I liked Pitch Black but have only heard bad things about Chronicles of Riddick so havent been to see it yet.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 19:07   #5
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

ok, ill watch pitch black on dvd now and then give it a try.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 19:39   #6
OneColourRed

OneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the rough

chronicles of riddick was absolutely terrible the worst film i've seen this year at the cinema, gave it 3/10 on IMDB
OneColourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 19:59   #7
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneColourRed
chronicles of riddick was absolutely terrible the worst film i've seen this year at the cinema, gave it 3/10 on IMDB
Exit the thread you twat.

Anyway, I haven't seen Pitch Black and just went to see this film not having a clue about it (I randomly picked it amongst my people) - turned out to be aced - I really like it. While the beginning was poor, I felt the action towards the end held me gripped. I did think how Vin killed the half-alive-half-dead twat was a poor concept.

Thoroughly enjoyed - was a Star Wars film spiced up with typical xXx Vin Diesel action imo.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 20:13   #8
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Wasn't very good.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 20:43   #9
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
IMDB ratings are the single worst possible indicator of a films worthiness ever created on teh intarweb.

Anyone basing an opinion of a movie on an IMDB review should be strapped to a chair, their eyes stapled open, and forced to watch an eternal loop of The Hulk, Bonfire of the Vanities and Gigli.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 21:29   #10
wu_trax

Quote:
the worst movie this year certainly was 'girls club'.
oh, the pain, i cant talk about it.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 22:03   #11
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

imdb only gave loser 5/10 and it had mena suvari in it

how wrong they are
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 22:42   #12
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

I just came back from watching it, while being MUCH better than Bourne Supremacy (anyone notice that bent FSB character is also in Riddick?) Chronicles of Riddick was a bit average, I was actually looking forward to a nice Attack-of-the-Clones style ruck, instead it was just plain one sided and ended far too quickly.

Other than that, some of the acting was a bit iffy, that Jack/Keira character should have had more stronger role. The running away from the blistering sun bit was just unrealistic being that it should have consumed them when they were at the cliffs...

I think from now on I'll give up watching previews/trailers.

EDIT - Oh I give it a 6/10
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 22:54   #13
Embroglio

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i liked the avp trailer, it had all the good bits from the film compressed into 30 seconds
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 23:24   #14
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckeh!!!!
while being MUCH better than Bourne Supremacy
what
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 23:33   #15
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
i liked the avp trailer, it had all the good bits from the film compressed into 30 seconds
nothing can compare to the spiders trailer, which gave away the WHOLE plot
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 23:42   #16
Embroglio

what's spiders?

ps. lots of trailers seem to do that these days
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 4 Sep 2004, 23:51   #17
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

If you can sell a movie in a 30 seconds trailer , even if that movie only has another 30 seconds of decent stuff in it, youve got another £6 from an unsuspecting punter.

Movie Piracy : Whos stealing from Who?
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 00:15   #18
wu_trax

just came back and i agree with luckeh. somewhat average. (except that Bourne Supremacy-bit, its not out here yet, so i cant compare)
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 01:46   #19
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

I will not see this film because:

1. It stars vin desiel

That is all
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 01:54   #20
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazi Starbucks
I will not see this film because:

1. It stars vin desiel

That is all
No - you're not going to see it because you're not old enough.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 01:56   #21
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
No - you're not going to see it because you're not old enough.
What rating is it? 65-s: Reccomended for senile people only as they will forget the experience?
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 01:57   #22
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I loved it, but I'm a mindless slut.
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 02:13   #23
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
I loved it, but I'm a slut.
fixed
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 06:30   #24
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Chronicles of Riddick gets an from me
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 00:46   #25
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Just watched xXx and I liked it. I thought it would be disappointing.... except the Rammstein bit. But I was wrong.

Maybe Riddick would be like xXx although the adverts suggests otherwise.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 08:28   #26
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

Won't be going to watch Chronicles. Pitch Black was stupid and the script seemed like it had been written in a rush. Also is Vin Diesel trying to steel Keanu Reeves title as mr wooden actor? The only emotion he shows is anger.
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 09:21   #27
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
Also is Vin Diesel trying to steel Keanu Reeves title as mr wooden actor? The only emotion he shows is anger.
now that you mention it, that is very true.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 21:42   #28
Inferno
The Arson Specialist

Inferno is a jewel in the roughInferno is a jewel in the roughInferno is a jewel in the rough

I like almost any movie with Vin Petrol in it. Except A Man Apart. That sucked.
Please dont laugh at me. I'm not trying to be funny.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote