User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Jul 2004, 22:43   #1
MikeFed

MikeFed is an unknown quantity at this point
Newbie Research

It seems that when you start up an account this late into a round you get free research, I can see the good sense in this an the other benefits new people get.

However they get 2 stages in each research field whether or not they have payed or not. So they get warpgate technology. Whereas I with my unpaid account cannot get this as i need to unlock my account. Surely that is some kind of bug?
MikeFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 23:07   #2
Purpleroselily

Purpleroselily is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Newbie Research

I've only just started to play this round a couple of days ago, and I've managed to get a large amount of research completed, however, I'm still assessing the advantages of upgrading to a paid account - if I am enjoying the game without pressure then I shall upgrade at the end of the week and have the full entitlements. We must remember that some things can be enjoyed for free, but to gain more pleasure we have to pay the cost. Think of it as being a bit like sex - its great all the while it is free, but the cost of a little slip up can be extortionate but the pleasure of participating in a baby's progress is well worth it.!!!!!!!!!!!
Purpleroselily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 23:24   #3
MikeFed

MikeFed is an unknown quantity at this point

What i mean is, a new unpaid account automatically gets more research in the space travel field than it is possible for an old unpaid account to get.
MikeFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 23:38   #4
derry

derry will become famous soon enoughderry will become famous soon enough

heh nice bug will hopefully be fixed soon tho...alto knowing pa-team it will take a round or so
[18:45] <Helix> if two wrongs dont make a right its twice as wrong to do something wrong to right it

[00:22] <Doom> Where as in most cases it appears multing is an individual thing, LDK organises it and uses it. Making it an effective unit with a small number of players. It makes sense just not part of the rules. They just organised cheating =-)
derry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 23:48   #5
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

given that you're already past the barrier on free accounts, can you do new research, or is it locked to the level you're at?

-mist
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 00:42   #6
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
given that you're already past the barrier on free accounts, can you do new research, or is it locked to the level you're at?
$1 mil question

certainly an interesting bug, I see how it arises though

edit: getting my galaxies new newbie to check it out
Quote:
can not do technology analyses
and not heavy cargo transfer 2
rest i can do
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 01:02   #7
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

given that i've not played pax, does that mean they can do some of the later techs?

-mist