User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Oct 2003, 11:19   #1
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough
.zip files in XP

I installed Winace to open a specfic file, but after I uninstalled it the zip files dont have any icon - before they used to have a specific XP icon. Any way I can fix this?
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 11:26   #2
Idler

Idler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the rough
Re: .zip files in XP

nope
Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 12:03   #3
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

yep, there is

install winzip, winrar or winace

problem solved

oh and if you uninstall winzip it resets the icons to what they where in windows, the other 2 are 'dirty' and don't do that

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 12:26   #4
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have better way

Download Tweak UI and run its repair icons tool.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 13:49   #5
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Or just - tools-folder options-file types-ZIP
You can change the Icon to what you want it to be there.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 14:17   #6
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Install Win2k

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 14:42   #7
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

why did you uninstall it anyway? that build-in windows tool is just ugly, slow and crap in general.
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 14:49   #8
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough

winace has adverts and I couldn't be bothered to crack it
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 15:04   #9
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

i like win rar, i have been using it for years now.
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 15:14   #10
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

winrar_is_good++
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 20:04   #11
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

winrar is good, but winace is better

i've got winace, and you're right, the built in Win XP tool is ugly, slow and crashes at every oppertunity

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2003, 22:09   #12
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
winrar is good, but winace is better

i've got winace, and you're right, the built in Win XP tool is ugly, slow and crashes at every oppertunity
it was never necessary to integrate it into the OS. there are more than enough tools to unzip everything. but, if you want world domination you need an unzip-tool, even if its crap
Unread 24 Oct 2003, 02:22   #13
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

download iconpackager packager, then go to wincustomize.org and find crystalized iconpackager "pack".

Voila, your puter looks good...

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote