User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 19:40   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Best rep thread ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
At least now people's opinions will be out in the open.
But Yahwe's opinions were already out in the open. He's written several thousand posts with his name on them, it's hardly like a new mystery account who is randomly slandering you, nor is it someone who is friendly in public and then spiteful in rep.

Reputation's unique trait (beyond the numbers silliness) was that it was anonymous. I'd personally love the ability to receive criticism at work that was anonymous but that doesn't happen, and so most "feedback" you get is reduced to bland, meaningless and undeserved praise - given by people frightened of causing a scene (or being murdered, who knows) or worse stiill - by misguided people who believe that by ignoring my numerous problem and errors they're doing me some sort of favour. Even on trivial subjects - what I wouldn't give for a system which would allow a colleague to point out that I smell particularly like a Frenchman today. But since the ability to do this anonymously doesn't exist, they do not tell me this, and so we all lose out. It's the tragedy of the commons, except with more awkwardness.

Returning to rep; we've lost the ability to anonymously inform our fellows that their current efforts are well below their career average and in exchange we've gained, what? At best a few moments of idle curiousity. It can't even have been that surprsing to most of you. What did I learn? That seven of my last nine or so neg reps were Yahwerian in origin. Oh my, he must think I'm a gimp! Oh wait, I already knew that.

It goes without saying but rep will become even more the domain of people who never have a bad word to say about anyone - a truly terrifying breed of person.

+ Infinity originality points for the first wag who neg reps this with a message of "Your prediction is as wrong as your mum." (or words to that effect)
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote