User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 14 Dec 2004, 19:21   #651
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
yush, yush I did [/ooc]

coming to a stop, and looking around, Thungarth decides that this is the place where they should find the magical item Baila talked about. He starts looking, trusting on his gutfealing, and trying to find a place where the emotion he had felt upon entering the forest was strongest.

[ooc]what did I make of the text on the medalion?[/ooc]

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 20:47   #652
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts
Re: Gems Of Destruction

err... DJ, didn't you forget about someone??? I was kinda like standing out in the middle of the road at the exit they intended to use, in full view of the building they where in?

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 05:16   #653
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

ooc/ Sorry FJ, i read it thorugh but what i guessed i missed that. I thought you were still in hiding watching. If you were standing there i don't understand why anyone was watiting for a DM. You were obviously something to respond to. Guess everyone missed that. My best suggestion is to just pretend you were watching them and appear now.
Zappa: the text was unreadable for you. An old form of elven and that's about all you can tell. /ooc

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 19:51   #654
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

The strange feeling becomes closely knitted to each step toward the so called ruins. However, Eown has another nagging feeling, one like a breath on the wind, behind them. Watching. With a smile, he gestures to Thungarth, and Zorro, though expecting the latter not to notice as such. Showing his feelings with his eyes, he tries to direct Thungarths attention to the path behind the group.

"Careful friends, we've a follower. And from what I can tell, it's a skilled one."

Turning sharply around, Eown points at a wall of bush and trees, and loudly exclaims:

"Show yourself, I can tell something's there! We're simply travellers, an old man, his bodyguard and a local guide. We're of no threat to you..."

Just in case, Eown relaxes into a near drunken stance...
Unread 18 Dec 2004, 17:37   #655
flapjack
crashed computer

*Remmon moved with skill and speed as he dropped from the tree branches, falling freely for only the last 2 meters and making an almost perfect shoulder roll as he landed, his sword however remained in its sheath as he got up to show he was not hostile*

"The local I recognise, but you are not simple, no simple person would even think of entering these woods, let alone taking the artifact the dwarf carries."

Last edited by flapjack; 18 Dec 2004 at 20:16.
Unread 18 Dec 2004, 19:00   #656
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
"If you're looking for the other artifact like the 1 you took, I might be able to help you, however orcs infest these lands."

ooc/ NO. They would know more than you about what they are looking for and where they would find it from Balia. Also, orces do NOT infest those lands. The orcs are way way way way way north...if i even decide to have them in this world. Please do not introduce any other race I have not introduced. (somewhat my fault for not correcting your first post) /ooc

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 18 Dec 2004, 20:17   #657
flapjack
crashed computer

ooc/ What are you talking about DJ? /ooc

Unread 21 Dec 2004, 12:25   #658
Heiro
'Mael'

"I assure you, I am nothing more than my appearance suggests. An old, poor man. Surely that alone would give reason to look in these woods for fame and fortune. Still, that is inconsequential. Even a commoner such as myself could spot your approach. The others probably saw you some leagues back..."
Unread 2 Jan 2005, 00:17   #659
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

*pokes ppl to respond to heiro*

Unread 2 Jan 2005, 14:44   #660
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
can't respond. I'm too damned confused.

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 2 Jan 2005, 20:53   #661
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

okay, you entered the old village. There are many ruins all in a circular set up. Heiro realizes flapjack is following and comments. Heiro comments the rest of you probably noticed flapjack before him either.. That's about it. You haven't enterered the village yet.

That help?

Unread 3 Jan 2005, 11:44   #662
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

flapjack is back in our party?

FLAPJACK IS BACK IN OUR PARTY????

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

(the above is a statement of anger.)

Unread 3 Jan 2005, 21:24   #663
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

ooc/ yes yes, as another character. If he screws up again you have permission to kill him. /ooc

Unread 12 Jan 2005, 22:56   #664
flapjack
crashed computer

"If it is fame and fortune you seek, why not go to fight the Dragonlady, after all, an ancient forest like this doesn't exactly seem like the place you'll find great treasure, unless you happen to know exactly where it is."

Unread 13 Jan 2005, 19:41   #665
Heiro
'Mael'

"We've got a hunch..."

Eown sits down and breaks out what's left of his bottle of wine...
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 14:50   #666
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

growing slightly annoyed with the newcomer, Thungarth sits down next to Eown, and starts polishing his axeblade

Unread 1 Feb 2005, 14:18   #667
Heiro
'Mael'

Eown offers the Dwarf some wine

"Where, my friend, are you headed?" Toward the newcomer.
Unread 1 Feb 2005, 14:40   #668
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

*grins slightly, and takes a sip from the bottle, before passing it back*

when all this is done, you'll have to drop by my place in the mountains... we distill some great beverages...

Unread 2 Feb 2005, 00:46   #669
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Zappa: As Eown and the newcomer converse you suddenly begin feeling a warmth growing. At first it's barely noticeable, then pleasant in the chill of the day but as time passes it begins to become uncomfortable. Realizing something is up you trace the sorce of the heat to the talisment. The text is glowing from an unknown source. There has to be something around that making the talisment react differently.

Unread 2 Feb 2005, 11:34   #670
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

*waits for the stranger to depart, so he can tell the others*

Unread 2 Feb 2005, 11:38   #671
flapjack
crashed computer

"Were I'm headed, well, interested that you should ask for I live around these parts, at least lately I have. I heard of a group of people coming out here to crush the dragonlady, but apparently you are not those people."

Unread 2 Feb 2005, 17:16   #672
Heiro
'Mael'

"And what would you do were we those people? If we were capable of crushing any Dragon, we'd easily be able to crush you..."

Eown smirks, before offering the bottle to the stranger.

"Care to drink?"
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 19:38   #673
flapjack
crashed computer

*Remmon briefly glanced at the bottle, the smell of wine clear in the air, before shaking his head slightly*

"Would you really think that I would be stupid enough to say whom I was looking for if I wanted to kill them? I'd be outnumbered and most likely outclassed in every way possible, except knowledge of the terrain. The story behind my travels is a long 1, but it should suffice to say that the Dragon lady is the person responsible for me wandering about these lands and I want revenge, I also know that I stand no chance whatsoever myself, thus I will have to limit myself to helping those who are powerfull enough to take her on."

Unread 3 Feb 2005, 16:51   #674
Heiro
'Mael'

"Intriguing..."

Eown passes the bottle over, and the cork.

"My name is Eown. I also owe the dragon something, Though I'd prefer to give it to one of her followers, to speak..."
Unread 3 Feb 2005, 22:48   #675
flapjack
crashed computer

"So you have already met 1 of her followers? There is a place not far from here that I use to hide when they come around these parts, though it has been quite some time since they last came here. It seems they're scared, or at least uncomfortable, of something in there. There used to be a shrine there but it has long been abandoned. I cleared a small part of it of the debris and the growth, but most of it is still inaccessable."

Remmon nods in the direction of the shrine to indicate where it was, the thick vegitation obscuring almost entirely from sight

Last edited by flapjack; 3 Feb 2005 at 23:41.
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 15:48   #676
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro is on a distinguished road

Zorro had been so preoccupied with the internal struggle within himself that he had remained uninterested and mostly unaware of anything going on around him. Suddenly snapping out of his trance like state, he realizes he has been listening to the conversations without realizing it. Turning to his companions, he comments on the newcomers claims.

"Exactly what it is, I do not recall, but there is an element of truth to the strangers words. I recall that the forest ahead was forbidden, though I can't recollect why. I pray you will forgive my prolonged silence, but the darkness continues to fight a war within me. I know now however, that this war can not be one merely by personal inflection."

--Mark Twain
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 16:52   #677
Heiro
'Mael'

"Tomorrow, we will have to look at it. I'm sure the Dwarf will be able to help us on it's construction. Now, I suggest we be merry and enjoy the company. Glad to see you're alright, lad."

Eown pats Zorro on the shoulder

"Help yourself to something to drink"
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 22:42   #678
flapjack
crashed computer

"well, if we make camp for the night, there's a small clearing only few a minutes walking away, the forest is very thick in several places, making for a nice piece of cover for the night. That is, if you're not used to sleeping up high."

With that, Remmon moves towards the small clearing, then up into 1 of the trees when he approaches the clearing itself

Unread 5 Feb 2005, 23:41   #679
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro shakes his head, but smiles at the old man's offer.

"Nay friend, though I thank you. I know now I must learn to face my problems head on rather than try to negate their existence through the use of strong drink."

Zorro watches Remmon head toward the clearing then looks back at his companions. "What do you think? Dare we trust him? Have we really a choice in the matter?"

--Mark Twain
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 01:08   #680
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

I say we kill him, just in case...

Unread 7 Feb 2005, 16:39   #681
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro, exhausted from the days events, makes camp and is soon asleep, though ready to be awakened when it is his turn for the nightly watch.

--Mark Twain
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 00:17   #682
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Bakan and Gokan: ooc/ I can't even remember what i was doing with your chars but we'll go with this to get you into the other thread eventually. /ooc

A sudden loud screech comes from above. Looking up you see a spot high in the sky. After watching for a minute you can see it making circles slowly getting lower and lower. You think about getting on guard but there is something friendly feeling about this creature. Eventually it gets close enough for you to see it. It's gentle yet large wings stretched out to catch the wind currents. It's reptilian body drawn up in straight line as it glides through the air. As it nears you it gracefully lands, wrapping it's wings around it's body. Their translucent nature becoming one with it's scales. Realization strikes you as you recognize it as a Fairyflight, the rare messenger of the elves. It waddles it's way toward you, it's grace now gone on the ground. Looking closer you see a scroll attached to it's leg.

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 00:29   #683
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Zorro, Zappa, Heiro and maybe FJ (not sure if you'd let him have watch but he might be up at some point):
As each of your turns watching pass the night seems very peaceful, very safe. The safest you've felt in a long time. However as the time passes for each of you, you find yourself gazing toward the stars. It's a very clear night and the stars light up the sky. Suddenly the stars begin moving, swirling into an almost cosmic dance. You're not sure what to react or if you're really seeing all this, your eyes locked on the sky as you see the stars take on the roundish shape....a shape Zappa will recognize as the talisment he now wears.
The stars circle round and round, swirling like a whirlpool. As suddenly as it started it stops. Clearing your eyes you watch again for some sign that happened, something but there is nothing to be found.

(I figure you wouldn't mention what you have seen to each other until morning as you prolly think you just saw things from lack of sleep or something.)

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 03:59   #684
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro opens his eyes, the first light of day rousing him from his sleep. Not one to be slothful even if it was well deserved, Zorro gets up and heads a short distance away to meditate and clear his mind so that he might function to the best of his abilities during this new day. Try as he might, he finds it hard to shake the memory of the dream he had last night.........of how the stars almost seemed to have a life of their own. He would attribute it to having to much to drink normally, but he had refused the old mans offer for a drink last night. Kneeling, Zorro stretches out his feelings in meditation, awaiting the time when his companions awake as well. There was no need to wake them at this hour. They had been through a lot, and for those whose minds would let them, sleep was well deserved.

--Mark Twain
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 23:21   #685
Heiro
'Mael'

His eyes flicker before he moves. He enjoys the serenity of the moment.
Such a strange dream. Not once in my life have I seen stars do that... Perhaps it's magical?
Eown sits up after Zorro moved away from the group. Sighing, he tries to stop worrying for the lad.
A troubled man that. Perhaps I should have a word later.
Moving toward the east, he tries to find a stream to wash himself and his clothes in, before properly checking his abilities.
It's been a while, too long, since the last time I moved with the grace i used to
Listening to the bird song, he continues his search...

Last edited by Heiro; 10 Feb 2005 at 23:29.
Heiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2005, 01:11   #686
flapjack
crashed computer

Only seconds after Heiro left the camp site, Remmon shouted from the trees above.

"If you're looking for a stream, you'll have to head the other way. There's a small stream about 100 meters to the west of here."

After shouting that down, Remmon himself disappears into the trees with almost feline grace, moving from tree to tree and heading due west, towards the stream

Unread 11 Feb 2005, 01:21   #687
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

http://photobucket.com/albums/v220/M...ith_labels.jpg

Posting the link to the map again to give you some perspective. You are currently in that more isolated clump of trees inline with with the main human city (your starting point).

Other than that plz continue to interact and talk about the last DM :P

Unread 11 Feb 2005, 02:01   #688
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

FInishing his meditation, Zorro gets off his knees. Hearing the commotion back at camp about a stream, he realizes that a stream is probably just what he needs, and heads off in that direction. When he gets there, he splashes some cold water on his face. Seeing the old man and the newcomer have arrived already he remembers his dream.

"You know, I had the oddest dream last night. It was almost as if the stars were alive...........that drink of yours must be pretty strong old man, for me to become so intoxicated without even drinking it."

--Mark Twain
Unread 11 Feb 2005, 09:56   #689
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

while the others were bussy at the stream, Thungarth followed his gutfeeling about the amulet, and searched the area for anything that might be connect to it

Unread 11 Feb 2005, 12:14   #690
Heiro
'Mael'

"Rather. What was this dream about, I also had a strange experience in my sleep."

Eown continues to strip off, his scars showing a pale white in the cold air. His back is criss cross with them. Laying in the stream, he bathes his whole body in the cool refreshing water...
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 00:18   #691
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Zappa:
As you wander, you seem drawn toward the center of the ancient village. Glancing around your eyes come to rest on a momument like structure. Apon closer inspection you see that the momument has been torn apart, not decayed over the years but someone has forcefully tried to find something. The rubble seems to have writing similar to the amulet.

Unread 12 Feb 2005, 03:33   #692
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

trying to puzzle the rubble back together, Thungarth tries his best to transelate and learn the languages of these ancient runes, hoping to get closer to an answer

Unread 12 Feb 2005, 04:13   #693
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Zappa: As you try to read it a few words appear if you are translating them right. Hope, Life, Peace....every word you can find a modern counterpart to has feelings of goodness. As you read these word the amulet seems to activate again, growing warmer and warmer.

Rest: I'll leave you to talk atm. You're in a safe realm for now.

Last edited by dragonsjem; 12 Feb 2005 at 19:46.
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 22:31   #694
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Looking at the creature, Incom grunts slightly as it does not make any hostile moves, meaning that for once it might be a peaceful creature. Seeing the scroll on it's leg, Incom takes the scroll and starts reading it.

Last edited by Bakan; 12 Feb 2005 at 22:45.
Bakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 22:41   #695
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Cathan, wary of a possible trap from both the seemingly friendly, dragon-like creature and the small man who had seemingly saved him, cautiously reaches behind himself and grips the handle of his sword.

"This... Dragon creature a friend of yours?" he says eyes still fixed on the creature.

Last edited by Spritely Zombie; 12 Feb 2005 at 22:50.
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 22:53   #696
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Incom and Cathan:
The message is written in odd lettering, the words not quite distinguisable until suddenly they are like your eyes just cleared. There is definately magic at work here.
The message reads:
Our greatest fears are being realized. Scouts have made reports of seeing HIM in our southern forests. Teams have been dispacted but we fear he is being aided. We cannot make ourselves known as of yet. Follow the creature. He will lead you to your contact who will get you into our lands.

Unread 12 Feb 2005, 22:57   #697
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

"Apparently it is."

*Looking over Gokan, Incom nods as the wounds seem mostly healed.*

"You well enough to travel?"
Bakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 23:33   #698
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

"I've managed with worse." Cathan responds gruffly. He releases his grip upon his sword-hilt, but continues to glance up warily at the creature.
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 19:14   #699
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

As Zorro dries his face after splashing it with water from the stream, he thinks back to the previous night.

"Well, I'm sure it was nothing, but it seemed almost as if the stars were alive. They moved, swirled around and seemed to form some sort of shape. I tried to recollect what it most resembled, but upon looking a second time, everything went back to its normal state. Why our minds play such tricks on us I can not say, especially when the images remain so vivid yet forgettable in our minds."

--Mark Twain
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 23:42   #700
Heiro
'Mael'

"I hate to say this, but perhaps we are right to question our dreams. I had the exact same one. Only the images are... going as we speak. I put that down to my age and the amount I'd drunk, however..."