Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Oct 2004, 11:09   #1
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

olle is infamous around these partsolle is infamous around these parts
Way of the Samurai, Part1: The Village

Intro
The Samurai were a fearless, brutal and powerful force of fighting warriors, who came to rule Japan for over 600 years, from the middle of the 12th century. they are revered in Japanese history, their code of honor and their swordmanship have become world-famous, and their exploits created many of the greatest stories and legends in japan.
The word Samurai comes from the Japanese verb "to serve". It was first used to describe the personal servants of the rich and powerful landowners of 8th century Japan. Some of these landowners were aristocrats, noblemen who had left the royal court in Kyoto, the capital, to seek there fortunes. Many small farmers depended on the landowners for their living, and loyal bonds developed between master and servant. Gradually a network of clans or "families" grew, each with its landowner and followers. The government of the country was no longer in control, and law and order was kept by the clans. The clans armed themselves to protect their own land and people, and so the warrior class of Samurai grew. This elite fighting class was to later effectively rule and govern the country until the late 19th century.
Eventually due to heavy western interfearions and internal politics the Samurai class was dissolved and the Emperor restored to full power in* 1868, ending a legacy that had lasted for over seven hundred years.

The Beginning...
ALL start in the same place, the same village. From there on you can chooe your road.... ether go travelling or stay in the village.

The Village is small and haz a population around 50 people. One blacksmith, one taveran and weaponshop.

Profile...
Fill inn;
Name:
Some background of yourself:

Skills...
The Katana (Sword)
The Wakizashi (shorter then the katana)
Ninjutsu (the art of a Ninja)
Knife
Bow
Spear
Tools

*Note, you cant have Ninjutsu and the katana as skill together, ether a samurai or a ninja.

Points...
Charm - Good with words and getting the laidies
Strength - The higher the strength, the higer the damage
Speed - The faster your are, more hits you can make
Agility - Higher Agility, better likely to dodge an attack
Wisdom - The higher you have the better understanding of.. everything

Weapons
The Katana - Not just a weapon, but the soul of bushi.It is the most sophisticated form of the beauty of killing.The more beautiful it is, the more deadly sharpness it has. Katana are distinguished from broadswords for the extremely sharp edge and the slightly curved blade.The beauty of a katana appears on its blade and edge. Can only be used by a Samurai

The Wakizashi - Shorter than the Katana (about 68 cm), this sword was worn indoors by the Samurai, because the Katana was too long to fight in small rooms. Can only be used by a Samurai

The Tanto - This is a small japanese knife from the same steel as the Katana and the Wakizashi. This knife was sometimes worn instead of the Wakizashi. Can be used by anyone

The Kama(sickles) - Originaly a farming tool to weed plants. Because the farmers were not allowed to carry weapons they used their tools to defend themselves. Can only be used by farmers and Ninjas.

Ninjasword - Small like the Wakizashi and can only be used by a Ninja

The BO - A large staff (about 2 M), can be used by anyone.

The Jo - A shorter staff (about 1.35 M), can be used by anyone

The Keibo - A small stick (about 35 cm), can be used by anyone

The Ebo - A very small stick (about 15 cm), can be used by anyone

The Tonfa - Police force

The Nunchaku - Farmers and Ninjas

The Shuriken - Can only be used by Ninjas.

The Yari - Japanese spear. Can only be used by samurais

The Jutte - Jutte are implements that were used by the samurai as well as the feudal era police. They were used for trapping the blades edged weapons as well as jabbing, striking and trapping fingers.

The Yumi - The Japanese bow.

The start...
You start of with one weapon, pick one
You start with 10 Points, distribute them well
You start with two skills
You start with 500 ryo(money)
You start with a bottle of some medisin

*Note, this is just a test, wanne see how it works out. And yeah im a little bored now. Ether way, join inn

Last edited by olle; 25 Oct 2004 at 20:31.
olle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2004, 12:38   #2
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
Re: Way of the Samurai, Part1: The Village

Name: Yamucha Kame
Family: unknown (Ronin)
Some background of yourself: Sent out by his former master to prove his worth, Yamucha had arrived in the village a few days ago, offering his services to the richer of it's population, hoping to gather money thus, to continue his journey. (family is noted as unknown, because Yamucha refuses to tell untill he has proven his worth, and his master has officialy allowed him to carry the name of his clan)

Skills...
The Wakizashi
tools

Charm - 2
Strength - 1
Speed - 3
Agility - 2
Wisdom - 2

Wakizashi carried.

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2004, 14:41   #3
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

Name: Sanada Yukimura
Family: Sanada
Background: Second son of Sanada Masayuki. As one of head ranks in the clan Sanada Masayuki participates in his first battle - the 4th battle of Kawanakajima. Hes battle of Kawanakajima made him famous as a strong samurai. Now Yukumira seeks the glory his brother have gained. On a quest to become a great warrior witch may bring honour and power to the Sanada family/clan.

Skills:
Katana
Bow

Strength - 2
Speed - 3
Agility - 1
Wisdom - 2

Item:
Katana

*Sanada Yukimura is actually a real person datet back in 1566

Last edited by olle; 25 Oct 2004 at 14:46.
Unread 25 Oct 2004, 18:13   #4
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road

Since you listed weapons which can't be used by the samurai class, do we have access to the other classes on sign up? Though you only list the skills samurai listed weapons.

So any chance, Ninja Kama (seen left) can sign up as a ninja, or even with use of some sickles (a kama)... Anyway, I'd probably go for a character along the lines of. Skills - Ninjato/Archery; Weapon - Shuriken; Stats - 1,1,2,5,1.

:ninja: Awayy /o/
Unread 25 Oct 2004, 20:15   #5
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

I waz thinking about it, diffrent classes like Samurai, Ninja, Farmer, Police Officer and so on.... what do you guys think? When making weapon list i waznt sure.... Ether way, i`ll just add a new skill, Ninjutsu. Ninjutsu, the art of a ninja and witch may use ninja weapons/tools. I`m trying to not make its so advance or hardcore.

J-Kama-Ka-C, sign up your dude

Last edited by olle; 25 Oct 2004 at 20:26.
Unread 25 Oct 2004, 22:17   #6
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Name: Mune
Family: Fuhma - Clan of the Wind
Background: The younger brother in the family, he was forced to train more on protecting himself, than tactful offensive, considered naive compared to his elder sibling Masa. Nevertheless he is persistant and practices diligently on his speed and agility.

Weapon:
Shuriken

Skills:
Ninjutsu
Tools

Strength - 1
Speed - 2
Agility - 5
Wisdom - 1

You start with 500 ryo
You start with a bottle of some medicine
Unread 26 Oct 2004, 08:49   #7
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

Offical start of will be 1.nov. But seen as there are signups already there will be given a chane to develope the characther better for the start.

Well, lets ust start this off then... sinze your the first to post you will have the advantage to gain more points/skills/itims in the start. One day is one day in this game and one post eatch "periode". One day = morning, daytime, evening and night. There will be diffrent events eatch "periode" and you can make a post for the periodes.

Morning = 06.00 - 12.00
Daytime = 12.00 - 18.00
Evening = 18.00 - 23.00
Night time = 23.00 - 06.00

Pre-lude, day 1
Events...
Morning - Everything opens at 10.00 /
Daytime -
Evening - Everything closes 19.00 /
Night time -

Wantets...
*The Police are searching for a dangorus killer, dead or alive reward is 1000 ryo.
*A nobleman is in search for bodyguards, 10 ryo a day - Requires Katana skills. (requires almost 24/7 watch)
*A nobleman is building a bigger house for himself, 50 ryo a day (house done in 10 days) - requires tool skills. (requires only to be ther at daytime)

Announcments...
Tournament in 2 days, Sword fighting, Bow and Ninja contest. Winner will gain points, itim and money. START TRAINING!
Unread 26 Oct 2004, 19:38   #8
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Mune needed some more cash... he also needed to work on his strength and such, so short job in manual labour seemed a good choice, thus he will travel to the nobleman's house under common guise and recruit himself to the project.

He would probably need an extra weapon in his future travels, and so some money saved now, would help him aquire that <i>ninjato</i> (Ninjasword) he wanted so very much, since they weren't necessarily of as high a quality as the swords of noblemen and their guards, like the katana or wakizashi, he hoped it wouldn't be long.

(Question, when you say "bow" you mean, bow, right? (and arrow), not skill in using a "Bo" .)
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 09:07   #9
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

Morning

Morning already? *Yukimura open his eyes*. What a nice moring, lets see if i can get som training/work, im already one day late so i better get going. Maybe theres some work for me in the town *he walks to the villiage center looking for post-up*. Hmmm.... bodyguard ey, I could do that.... nice jobb until i find something better. I need some more money for my training.

- Yukimura gets a jobb as bodyguard, Skill(s) required < katana -

Daytime

Dum di da.... *just stands there and hold guard*. I wonder if i can win the tournament... *starts daydreaming a little bit*. Well, with the money i get her i could buy a bow and arrows for the archery contest. Also buy a wood sword for training, dont wanne ruin my nice katana

Evening
Finally, jobs over for today, i can train some

Nighttime
ZZZZzzzzzz

(i mean a bow as in can shoot arrows. Not skill in using Bo)

Last edited by olle; 27 Oct 2004 at 10:48.
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 16:41   #10
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
Yamucha Kame, needing cash fast, overheard the conversations in the local restaurant about the current joboffers, when one sprung to his attention... 1000 ryu... that would get him back on the road faster than he ever could have dreamed! for a few seconds, he had forgotten his hunger, and breakfast, and was dreaming about how easily he would catch the criminal, gut him, and deliver his head to the local police, but soon the growling of his stomac brought him back to reality. Finnishing his breakfast, he made way to the local policebuilding, and asked for deeper information (this be morning day 1)

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2004, 18:15   #11
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jetto (or so he calls himself at the moment)
Family: Unknown; he doesn't tell people since his parents sometimes tend to get overprotective and might thus send people to 'retrieve' him.
Background: A young, alone warrior who has left his home. He was looked upon as too unwise and too blunt to continue his training to become a samurai (or something important) in his family. Not wanting to accept this, our young hero ran away from home with his simple yet sharp enough katana to prove himself in the world and return home a legend.

Ah, young men's dreams.

Weapon:
Katana

Skills:
Katana
Tools

Strength - 3
Speed - 2
Agility - 2
Wisdom - 1

500 ryo
a bottle of some medicine

//

Jetto wakes up and stands up in quick succession, straightening his clothes as he does so. He had walked long last night but still hadn't made it to the village he was going for. He felt the need to develop himself more and after having walked around the place a bit, he decides to help build the nobleman's new house. Keeping to himself most of the time, he works hard (that is, if he gets the job).
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 12:44   #12
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

Sorry for not updating this:

TOURNAMENT
Enering fee, 50 ryo

Tournament prizes
Bow = 1.prize, 500 ryo - 2.prize, 250 ryo - 3.prize, 100 ryo
Katana = 1.prize, 500 ryo - 2.prize, 250 ryo - 3.prize, 100 ryo
Ninja = 1.prize, 500 ryo - 2.prize, 250 ryo - 3.prize, 100 ryo

The winner of eatch skill whould also gain one point.
There are 10 contestens in eatch skill class.

Katana - need good overall stats, expet charm
Ninja - need good overall stats, expet charm and strength
Bow - Speed and agility will make how good you shoot

*side quest/mission will happen if you enter the tournament! May get points, money or itims

Pre-lude, day 1
Events...
Morning - Everything opens at 10.00 /
Daytime - Tournamnet starts
Evening - Everything closes 19.00 / Tournamnet ends
Night time -

------------------------------------------------------------
Day 2

What a nice morning, i cant wait for daytime to come, the tournament. Hes rushe out forgetting his breakfeast only to turn back again when hearing his tummy rummble.

Another day, closer to his target. Finally waz the day to come for tournament time. This waz his first sted towards honour for his familiy, to win it. Sanada Yukimura had been traning all evening and night sinze yesterday. Off he waz to practice some before the tournament. His brother had shown him how to use the katana but its a diffrent thing to actually use it. Thou not quit sure what to do he pushed on trying to master it. But is hard work enought for the tournament? With not a bow to practice with but the skill to require it Yukimura had little chance to win the Bow tournamnet.

*Sanda Yukimura enters the Katana tournmanent.
-50 ryo, left with 450 ryo

While waiting for the other contenders and the tournament starts he tryes to get to know some of the girls around there. With his charm and wisdom he got to know better a girl named Sakura, a locol girl from the Village who waz daugther of another family in the Village. Not managing to get to know more about her before the tournament start that is all he found out.

*waits for other to join*
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 22:01   #13
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

Money: 500 + 50 = 550

Day two
Before work, Mune wanted to stop into the weaponsmiths to oogle the wares, and possibly the weaponsmithes daughter if she was around... she wasn't, and he was soon distracted by other matters, a tournament in town.

"Couldn't hurt to enter... guess I'll skip work this afternoon." (8 days left until house is constructed).

Signing himself up for the ninjitsu contest, Mune expected to win, and eagarly handed over the 50 ryo entry fee... things probably won't go the way he plans, but he wasn't going to slow down for anyone, starting right now!

He calmly finds a spot in the corner, sits down, and quietly meditates on the coming competition until the ordeal begins.

Money: 550 - 50 = 500
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 22:31   #14
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Day 1
Having worked hard as a 'construction' worker, Jetto earns himself 50 ryo for the labour. Acquiring some food and then retreating a calm spot where he can spend the night, he takes his blade after dinner and meditation, practicing for the tournament the next day. After being satisfied with the work out, he goes to sleep.

Day 2
Jetto signs up for the tournament (- 50 ryo) and informs the nobleman that today he won't be able to come and help. He'll work harder the next day though, should he not be injured in the tournament or turned away from the job. After having done all this, he has a good, solid meal.

Spending the rest of the day meditating and practicing his moves, he goes to the tournament at the appropriate time.
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 11:24   #15
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

Tournament start; Wanted dead or Alive

Pre-lude...
People from all over the Village had gathered to see this tournament. It waz a big event and nobelmenns and aristocrats all over the country had come a long way to see it. They had come to see if there were any good smurais/ninjas there and also just for the entertainment. The fact that there were some nobelmenns to come id whould attract hungry assasines also....

Introducing some side characthers worth mention and can be used in this part:
- Atasuke (nobelmann) < owner of a castle in the Iga providince, famed for extremely good ninjas.
- Baiko (nobelmann) < owner of a castle in Satsuma, know for there great warriors
- Gengyo (noblemann) < Son of a great dayimo
- Hachiro (noblemann) < Son of a great dayimo
- Kyoshiro (noblemann/famous samurai) < Head of the family/clan Mibu
- Akira (ninja) < from Iga
- Hattori (ninja) < from Kage
- Sasuke (ninja) < wonderer, from Mori
- Kenchin (samurai) < unknown
- Azira (samurai) < unknown
- Jin (samurai) < unknown
- Saito (samurai) < unknown
- Sanjiro (samurai) < from the Mibu clan
- Hiko (samurai) < from the Choshi family
- Sakura (mistery woman) < unknown
- Jun (daugther of a noblemann) < fancyes the katana...
- Rinoa (a local girl) < has a secret crush on...
*providence Kage and Iga is know for great ninja places.
*Mibu clan a powerfule clan/family and on the rising.
*Choshi clan, a rather unknown family.
*Mori, known for the warrior monks.

Bow contest:
(Shooting arrows)

Katana:
(1 vs. 1)

Ninja:
(Time/accuracy)

Finally, everyone waz here! More then i whould expect, properbly over 100 people entering the tournament! It whould be some tought matches ahead to say the least. The tournament whould last for days.

First up waz the katana contest. It whould be split into 8 groups, the winner of eatch group whould go on. Strength, speed an agility.
Second up waz the bow contest. Best of 10 shoots, if even they shoot until one misses. Wisdom needed.
Third up waz the ninja contest. You had to get a document and return with the best time. High Speed and Agility, higher chance to win.
*i know, wrote diffrent skillz before but i figured this whould be the best setup

The start...
Not knowing what waz going on they annoncet that the tournament had been delayed by one day. All the contenders had come so why not start? What could have happen? Why did they do that? - this gives a extra day before start to talk to new people or go try to figure out why its been delayed, train more og just take it easy. What will you do...

**Note, you cant get to know more then two persons mentioned and talking to noblemenns arnt avilebule yet. You need to make yourselt worthy to see or talk to them noblemenn.
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 19:25   #16
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

The contest had been postponed for now. Looking at the people gathered though, there seemed to be quite some powerful and/or influencial people to watch it. Letting his young man's eyes gaze over some of the women's body, he smiles before retreating to his calm spot again, continueing his meditation and practicing for the next day - when the tournament would be actually held; or so he hoped.
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 23:55   #17
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

*Mune frownly slightly at the delay, he would end up lossing a day when he could be earning some money, but since he was going to win the tournament anyway, he didn't mind as much. Feeling fairly confindent that most of the stronger looking challenges appeared to follow the samurai arts, he should do well with his ninjistic speed.

He passed by the group of samurai, some weirdo (Jetto ) practising his sleeping technique, stopping at the group of more relatable ninjas, Mune stops to speak to Hattori.

"Hmm... well I don't know what the hold up is...guess it gives me a day to prepare, might consider a look at the other competitions, and I hear some of the nobles will be recruiting warriors."

*Mune is mildy curious about a mysterious passing woman (Sakura) though he things better of his Charm level and doesn't try to strike out today.
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 13:07   #18
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

Sorry for not updating this so fast.

Yukimura gaze upon all whos there for the tourmanet. Wow.. lots of people her, more then i expectet! Bet there are some pretty strong ones to, cant wait to show off my skillz.

Damn.. a delay? whats up with that. Well, guys i`ll mingel around, see how good they are. Also maybe find out whats up with the delay. He stops to talk with Sanjiro.

"Yukimura: Hi. How are you? Damn this delay. I was hoping to show off my skillz today. You know who the others are? Sanjiro: Hi, fine thnaks. Yeah, i wonder whats the delay for. Hehe, so you think you got skillz ey? Then i hope to fight you in the tournamnet. I`m from the Mibu clan, also known as the wild wolves. If you can beat me I will consider maybe joining you. Well gotte go, later"

After the talk and looking around he went to the local tea house for some rest and sake. He figured out that that whould be the best place to gather info. He noticed the servent Rinoa, a local girl.

"Yukimura: Well hi there miss pretty. Whats your name? May i have some sake? Rinoa: Hello mister and welcome. *she gets a little shy*, sake is comming up. Yukimura: Why dont you tell me your name? Rinoa: .......... its Rinoa. Yukimura: Ahh, beatifule name to a beatifule girl. Rinoa: thank you Mister samurai. That will be 10 ryo for the sake.... Yukimura: here you go! By the way, have you heard about the delay? Rinoa: arigato. Well.. rumors are that the prizes for the tournament haz been stolen... also that a noblemann haz been killed by a wantet.

Yukimura gets hes walk on trying to think of who and what... thoughts pooring inn. In hes "daydreaming" he fails to see Jetto and stumbels over him.... "ahhh ,sorry mister", gets quickly up and hurrys on. I`ll saty up all night, maybe the killer will show up again, there are a lot of noblemsmenn for the tournamnet.
*night time, he fails to see anything mysterios.

Tournament start; Wanted dead or Alive
Day two

Annoncments:
Yet another day of delay! Thou tomorow we will start no matter what!
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 18:50   #19
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

*Another day, and another chance to make some money gone, oh well. Mune meets up with Hattori again, getting to know more about him and stories of his home Kage. After some time he decides to investigate the delay himself.

Spotting the mysterious woman again, he decides a little ninja training wouldn't go amiss, and watches her from a distance while checking out the rest of the arena.

~Sneak~Sneak~Sneak~