User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 27 Apr 2004, 21:03   #201
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts
Re: Trapped - Icy Darkness

ND, you need to head into engineering or freeze, your choice.

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 21:33   #202
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
flapjack, you need to shut up, or be killed by the first character to reach yours, pronto, your choise

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 21:47   #203
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

[DM Note] You are NOT allowed to kill each other.... except flapjack. It's open season on him as of now [/DM Note]
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 00:22   #204
Aglarzir

Aglarzir is an unknown quantity at this point

*Stopping at the entrance to engineering as he looked behind him he waited to see if anyone was following them, as he did so he felt the metal below his feet shake and the massive bodysuit move into a stance behind him insticntively dropping the medical supplies he reached for the plasma rifle, brought it up and round. Realising its empty he lowers leaving it hanging and picking up the medical supplies heads for the back of engineering putting a survival vest and finding a space suitable for the supplies stashes them and then comes back forward standing by the entrance and watches the corridor quietly waiting*

What do you want a fanfare or something, go read somebody elses bloody signature.
Aglarzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 06:15   #205
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

ooc- really? fun lol im in engineering-ooc

watches the man in the lifter suit move things around
Unread 28 Apr 2004, 07:34   #206
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
to DM: thanks for your understanding and consideration

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 04:16   #207
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

General D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really nice

*Greenith quickly puts on the combat jacket and stuff the pistol and any ammo into a pocket. He grabs the booze as well, as it may proove useful. Smiling to himself as he stuffs the bottles ina another pocket, he thinks humans will do anything to forget for a little while...

He then hears more roars, and the footsteps of someone running away. Instinctively, Greenith begins to transform, but only manages tentacle arms.*

Damn, not yet

*Quickly replacing the tentacles with his human arms, Greenith decides running would be the best option. He kicks the door open and takes off in the direction of the clanging footsteps, trying to keep the clinking bottles, loaded gun, open sack of rations, and heavy metal pole all under his control. He runs into engineering to find quite a crowd growing there.*

well, so this is where the party is, eh?

*roar*

I would suggest locking that door. Now.

[13:32:16] <mintos> girls are hot ok

[22:47] <Sir_Walrus> Homoerotic innuendo just isn't as fun without Heiro.
General D. Eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 16:05   #208
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

Let's assume that in the time since my last post I put on a survival suit thingymumy (if I had time/was able to, that is) and went to the Engineering area with everyone else. After the next DM I'll know where I am and be able to post properly

Thanks to Aglarzir + others for filling me in.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2004, 16:39   #209
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

then who the hell is left on the bridge??? I was with you and aglarzir...

Unread 4 May 2004, 18:27   #210
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Ada taking a fw more looks around lets her features scowl a little.
"Cant wait any longer time run out"
Sharply taking a turn out of the wrecked medical bay hurries towards enginering hoping signs where poitng the right way. Her breath starting to grow heavy and more tired, feeling ehr armsg et heavier from all this equitment
"Had to pick up ine the biggest objects around"
Mutteirng to herself through her raged breath, glancing at the containers identifications
"Least its somthing usefull somwhat"
Coming sharply to another bend alsmt runs into the wall, stumbling to a halt to catch sight of door to engieering. making a quick tired sprint to get inside feeling wamrth hit her face and body, pushing away the feeling of numb coldness. Collasping on the floor in a tired mess trying to catch her breath.
"anyone care to tell me what those sounds where earlier?"
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2004, 19:02   #211
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

fluffie probably died somewhere of the cold by now
Unread 4 May 2004, 19:33   #212
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

is thread dead now?
Unread 4 May 2004, 20:14   #213
flapjack
crashed computer

only if we're actaully going to let it die by completely stopping to post. If the people that hadn't post yet will post, or bakan will DM at long last, we can continue with this

Unread 4 May 2004, 21:11   #214
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

DM'ing will occur once my wrist has healed more to where I can type without pain.
Unread 5 May 2004, 06:10   #215
Mad cat

i probably shouldnt ask but what did you do to it
Unread 5 May 2004, 16:53   #216
Bakan
To Old to Die......

If you MUST know, I got thrown wrong in Akido last week and landed on my wrist pretty badly. Plus I kept making my fist tendons pop, and finally I overdid it. Fortunally today it is much better, however I got a shitload of work to do.
Unread 5 May 2004, 17:18   #217
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
only if we're actaully going to let it die by completely stopping to post. If the people that hadn't post yet will post, or bakan will DM at long last, we can continue with this
Quality over Quanitity. Be quiet and stop spamming. It doens't help. Would it kill you to be patient?
Unread 5 May 2004, 22:48   #218
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

let's hope so Heiro, let's hope so

Unread 6 May 2004, 09:46   #219
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

Oh so true. It really would be a shame
Unread 6 May 2004, 20:08   #220
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

General D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really nice

lalala

*Greenith eats a flock of sheep while waiting*

Unread 8 May 2004, 16:03   #221
Aglarzir

*Watching the woman he had talked to previously drag herself into engineering and flop to the floor panting, he decided she was gonna need help. Walking slowly over to her, he reaches down lifting her over his shoulder and taking the medical supplies in the other arm and carried them through to the back still holding onto her he took a blanket and laid it against the floor and laid her on it.*

"The creature you heard earlier are about 10-14 feet long, I'm guessing and they have a pretty impressive set of jaws. Ada put this on it will keep you warm, and call me Aglarzir..."

*Taking the spare survival suit from where it was strapped round his waist he passed it to her and then walked back through engineering to the door and tried to see if anyone else had taken the sense to listen to him and move.*

((Zappa I'll send you a copy of the pm I sent to No Dachi it pretty much covers everything that has happend up to this point.))

What do you want a fanfare or something, go read somebody elses bloody signature.
Unread 8 May 2004, 16:56   #222
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Finding it disconserting being lifted up without a warning, staying silent for now opting to not offend the man. It made change to be treated well sitnead of treating others, glancing up as she placed upon the blanket.
"Well my thanks I think Ill go and get changed into this."
Seeing the man walk of Ada slips behind some stacked equitment changing into the Enviromental suit, finding it a little to tight of a fit but warmer at least. Looking about realising there not much she can do, starts organising the stacked equitment rather keeping usy than looking useless.
Unread 8 May 2004, 17:06   #223
flapjack
crashed computer

*After shutting the power down, flapjack moved over to the next sealed cargo bay and once more applied the plasma torch, at a low power setting to preserve its energy reserves*

"I need 2 powercells guys, so if you come across any, please, do bring them over. In addition i might be able to modify those EVA pods for atmospheric flight, a lot better then having to walk across this planet. Does anybody know if this planet is inhabited?"

Unread 8 May 2004, 22:20   #224
Mad cat

if you disclude our furry friends i wouldnt know, we really have no way of no way of knowing, unless the people on the bridge discovered where we are
Unread 9 May 2004, 14:09   #225
Aglarzir

*Spotting the thief from earlier he walked slowly towards him drawing himself up to his full height*

"Back on the bridge, we located some sort of transmiting station, it was a military beacon of some sort. Unfortunately for us the only guy who spotted the co-ordinates is back on the bridge and god knows whats happend to him since I left. Before you cut through that bulkhead shouldn't we make sure we aren't making another way for those things to get in. We Don't Want to compromise ourselves"

*The tone was urgent and he was determined to not let this seemingly senseless engineer blunder into the darkness of a sealed cargo bay, without knowing that the cargo hold hadn't been reduced to metal slag during impact.*

"I mean it, don't even think about cutting your way through into that hold until we are certain those things aren't already crawling through the ship."

*He looked up and across the cieling before looking back towards the massive doorway*

"If the three that were outside the bridge were on there way here right now... Tell me how are you gonna stop them with your back turned and your focus on cutting through a bulkhead, without some sort of weapon the best I could do is slow one of them down... but I don't want to think how much the odds would be stacked against me. Do us all a favour walk over to the door in your lifter and make sure we aren't disturbed, and I'll somehow find another way into that hold and check it out myself. Before we go any further we need to know exactly whats going on and how we are going to deal with this mess."

Unread 9 May 2004, 19:40   #226
Darkling

Somwhat sweating from exursation, this suit was warm a little to warm maybe but it was better than having numb joints. Opening a few of the medical crates to check their contents. Picking up some of the conversation by this Alglarzir, quickly reaching into her emdical kit puch to pull out a data pad to check his data. Unable to suprewss some sorrow for the conditions he was rasied in but puttng such feeligsn aside for now.

"I dont mean to sound obstinunt or rude, but as I understand the situation we are trapped here with with no idea of enemy numbers. I wont reptend I know what a miltary man like yourself would do"
Her gaze falling upon Aglarzir that very second wanting to resent him for being miltary but finding it hard to pushing back the faer in her voice, he was a victim justa s much as she was though she feared him still.

"But I can help a little, if anyone is still udenr the effects of drugs then its possible for purify your systems, and if your short on weapons you can use high strength tranqulzers. Normally they are kept near emdical perosnell due to their effects and side effects, used mostly to control dangerous prisoners and such without getting close. I dont know what effect they have on these creatures anatomy, but your welcome to you use them."
Turing her back to the others, struggling to lift one of the crates as it drops to the floor with echoing bang. Fiddling quickly with the locking mechanism to swing its lid open. Three small pistol shaped weapons, with cartiges loaded with five darts a shot one, two cartduges lying in its faom sealed packing next to ech gun. Taking one herself loading a cartidge in it cocking the weapon back, slipping the spare cartdige into puch.

"Im sure you can fire these, simpler than a standard pistol anyway from what I can tell, not that I have fired one. Just ammo is sparce and there are no more than these three, and they dont fire all that quick."
Going abck to her business now, hoping they didnt pick up the fear in her voice, the black cold fear taht was gripping her right now. No matter how much they tried to train you for these sotiations it didnt comapre to the real thing. She was used to savings lives not having to wodner if this was the end of her own, to die on some unkown planet alone and forgotten. Slipping quitly behind some crates, slding her body own to the floor to cradle her legs close the truth rght in front of her now qutly mubling to herself .
"No freinds left, no family, and no one to remeber I even existed or mourn for me when the time comes. Is this what felt like brother? is this what it is to be alone and faced with your own death?"

Last edited by Darkling; 9 May 2004 at 19:47.
Unread 9 May 2004, 21:45   #227
flapjack
crashed computer

*flapjack, without even stopping his cutting on the bulkhead, but slightly changing the pattern so it would be a small hole, just enough for someone to put his hand through, or in this case, look through*

"First of all, i can't tell you 100% for sure that the cargo bay is intact, i can tell you however that the damage reports reported no damage in any of the cargo holds nor in engineering, so there isn't much chance there is anything dangerous in there. Second of all that lifter barely fits in the cargo hold, I can't take it into engineering itself. Third of all, I am paying attention and i sure as f*cking hell ain't unarmed, this cutter can burn straight through several inches of Titanium in a matter of moments, what do you think will happen to flesh with a 1 meter long arc of plasma. Oh and if you want to close that door, i suggest you use the button next to it, the seal command can be found over at the engineering terminal and the terminal is currently unlocked, so feel welcome to seal it when everyone gets inside."

*As flapjack finished talking, he also finished burning and quickly peaked into the cargo hold, which was as always absolutely dark, indicating that what the computer said was correct and there was no hull damage in that area. Ofcourse the outer door of the cargo hold could be opened from the inside but he sure wasn't planning to do that. Thus flapjack quickly continued cutting a big enough hole for him to get through.*

"And just so you know, everything is pitch black in the cargo hold, so the hull isn't damaged and there aren't any of those things inside."

Unread 9 May 2004, 22:22   #228
Mad cat

walks over to the doctor person and inspects one of the pistols then loads it and puts it in his shirt

thank you miss, hmm its not much but it'll do

listens to the military man and the engineer argue

would both of you just shut up, you both are knowlageable in your seperate feilds and not in both, so you,

points at Algazir

stop interfeiring with his work, and you

points at flapjack

stop being a pissy snob
Unread 9 May 2004, 22:55   #229
flapjack
crashed computer

*Quickly turning around again as MC speaks, flapjack's face making it quite clear he's not in the mood for this*

"It's people like him interfering into our work which caused a lot of deaths already, if it comes to handling this situation, you guys get those stun weapons, I'll get these cargo bays open so I can get those 2 EVA pods modified. Have any of you guys ever flown 1 of those, or any other kind of aircraft, I'll need someone to pilot the second pod. I might not be a good pilot, but at least I know how those things work. And if someone will start on working their way through the other cargo bay, there are a lot of spare parts there. Any that looks usefull, put it together in a heap, all the cables together, computer parts together, so I can find what I'll need to patch this ship up again a lot easier."

Unread 10 May 2004, 00:04   #230
Aglarzir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ada
"I dont mean to sound obstinunt or rude, but as I understand the situation we are trapped here with with no idea of enemy numbers. I wont reptend I know what a miltary man like yourself would do. But I can help a little, if anyone is still udenr the effects of drugs then its possible for purify your systems, and if your short on weapons you can use high strength tranqulzers. Normally they are kept near emdical perosnell due to their effects and side effects, used mostly to control dangerous prisoners and such without getting close. I dont know what effect they have on these creatures anatomy, but your welcome to you use them.Im sure you can fire these, simpler than a standard pistol anyway from what I can tell, not that I have fired one. Just ammo is sparce and there are no more than these three, and they dont fire all that quick."
*Turning slowly to face her and seeing she is safe it somehow calms him a little as thoughts of her return to his mind*

"It would be risky using the tranqs, they may cause the creatures to simply go crazed and its a risk I wouldn't want to take. We need to make sure we aren't leaving ourselves vulnerable to attack, and like the medical officer pointed out we have no ****ing clue as to what we are facing and how many... They have managed to survive on the Ice planet long enough to make me believe that your lifter wouldn't stand againt a pack of them and if they are organised they will already be looking for ways in other then the bridge... Its what I would do."

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
"First of all, i can't tell you 100% for sure that the cargo bay is intact, i can tell you however that the damage reports reported no damage in any of the cargo holds nor in engineering, so there isn't much chance there is anything dangerous in there. Second of all that lifter barely fits in the cargo hold, I can't take it into engineering itself. Third of all, I am paying attention and i sure as f*cking hell ain't unarmed, this cutter can burn straight through several inches of Titanium in a matter of moments, what do you think will happen to flesh with a 1 meter long arc of plasma. Oh and if you want to close that door, i suggest you use the button next to it, the seal command can be found over at the engineering terminal and the terminal is currently unlocked, so feel welcome to seal it when everyone gets inside."
*Ignoring everyone else as his mind gains focus and turn to look on the offending engineer as he begins to feel resentment for the first time and he doesn't like it at all*

"There is a hull breach in cargo bay one, egineering is not undamaged or was computer lieing to me aboard the bridge... Can you read a DAMAGE REPORT, we have 4 days 4 hours of power left and your cutting into one of the cargo holds, now tell me which cargo bay have you just cut into and how long will you be able to keep operating that machine... 4 days 4 hours I hope and by then there better not be another one of the beasts left on this god forsaken pile of ice..."

*Shaking his head the image of the damage control screen floating in his memory he quietly walks away from both the thief and the engineer shaking his head slowly, there was no order to this and randomly cutting bits of the wall away wasn't going to help anyone let alone conserve what little heat there was. He walked back to the door and wished that his team was present, then he wouldn't feel so exposed, he would have the command his mind needed to operate properly.*

*On hearing the thief start talking, he slowly closed his eyes once more and walked further away and left them to there fun and he wondered if he should dart them both and put them both out of the way, he could... he knew he could but if those monsters did brake in he was going to need them... as much as he knew they were gonna need him.*

*Walking over to the dartguns he took one and pocketed it and spotted the medical officer curling up in a corner behind the cargo that littered egineering. He watched her for a moment and then began to walk slowly over before crouching down about 6 feet away from her and waiting for her to look up before he spoke, she lifted her head and looked blankly mumbling something about a brother... Fear it was so obvious from her posture and her vocal pitch, that again the training kicked in and he watched as Aglarzir was put on auto-pilot to deal with a stricken civilian in fear of there life*

"Are you o.k Maam, not hurt or in pain... everything is going to be o.k we just have to sit tight, keep your chin up and don't let some overgrown hounds scare you..."

*Listening to himself he cut his sentence short when he realised that it was so painfully obvious he didn't believe it himself.*

"Look I will keep it simple they aren't in here yet and when they do get in, when they do... when that happens I'm not going to just... fade away and I will give as good as I get. I won't just give in, you understand?"

*Shaking his head slowly once more he wonderd why a "pep talk" was so hard, and then for the first time in his career he had doubts that he was going to be walking away from this one. Standing up and heading for the door he kept his watch for anyone else making there way down the coridor.*

Unread 10 May 2004, 02:13   #231
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

*Greenith listens with curiousity at the arguments around him. He ate a packet of food and enjoyed the show. But upon hearing "But I can help a little, if anyone is still under the effects of drugs then its possible for purify your systems.." Greenith perks up and heads over to her quickly, brushing Aglarzir aside, and kneeling down beside her*

You can cleanse my system of these wretched drugs?

*Greenith asked, ignorant, or perhaps simply uncaring, of her pain and fear*

Unread 10 May 2004, 02:33   #232
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Blah... finals..... last week of classes........ go ahead, keep posting, be reasonable....... estimated DM time, later this week/next week.
Unread 10 May 2004, 06:29   #233
Darkling

Not really replying to this military man, somwhat in a daze this man didnt seme like a mass murderer like hsi report said. Though she herself was manipluated by medical institue to save their own repatution, it could be true of this man thought she woud have to ask aht herself. Anotehr voice snapping her out of her daze to focus her eyes on the msot peciliar acting of the group, claering her thraot to speak quitly but clearly
"Name plese, so i can check the records and admisture an adequtie treatment to netralize whatever chems they used?"
With a shaky hand pulls out the pad from her pouch somewhat welcome for the distraction.
Unread 10 May 2004, 09:54   #234
flapjack
crashed computer

"Cargo bay 1 is over there."
*Flapjack quickly pointed over to the other side of the engineering bay*
"In addition, what i can make up of that damage report is that the hull breach in that cargo bay is small, with a welder and a patch of metal about the size of what i just cut out i'm certain i can fix it easily. And it's also clear you've never seen a lifter in action, picking up 5 tonnes of cargo is a piece of cake and if those creatures are small enough to fit inside this ship, they don't stand a chance against it. Also, someone should have a look at power consumption again, i've shutdown power to all sections but engineering and i've switched engineering into grey mode, lifesupport only. I've also been able to severely drop the power requirements of lifesupport, since there aren't as many of us as there was crew before."

Unread 10 May 2004, 18:29   #235
Shadow275
Commandant

Shadow275 is an unknown quantity at this point

*Farle looked somewhat bemused by this rather uncomfortable situation, fiddling with the focusing crystal he got off Greenith awhile back, he decided that his systems had generated enough power to work the laser and tactical array for awhile. He turned around, ordering his laser weapon to pop from its housing. A large band of artifical flesh slowly rose from his forearm, then the laser proper sprung from its housing, the effect of the arti-flesh looked quite nasty, but kept the laser hidden.

Farle chuckled, then popped the focusing crystal housing and installed his aquired crystal. Closing it, he switched to low power and fired. A beam of red laser light spat out, lighting the floor briefly. Farle closed the laser, cracked his fingers and activated the tactical array.

His eye burst into a range of colours, then settled on normal vision, he willed it to go to infra and it changed to a blood red colour, the metal hull showing alot of stress from the forced landing. Farle ran the diagostic program, then switched it over to 'penetrator' mode, he smiled and turned around to watch the fight in colour and watch their internal reactions to their fight
Fire and Ice
Shadow275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 19:41   #236
Mad cat

i dont believe ive ever flown one of these, but i have a great deal of experience with small shuttle type craft

as he turns to head towards the newly made hole in the wall mc catches the sudden burst of laser light, he insantly switches to an infrared targeting mode and pulls the dartgun only catching himself just before pulling the trigger, but keeps it trained on the mans chest

what are you doing?
Unread 10 May 2004, 20:20   #237
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

Eh, as it doesn't appear that Bakan will post for a while yet...

Hearing the request, military training took over. No Dachi produced the plasma rifle that had been hanging by its strap at his waist, No Dachi dropped into a crouching position and brought the weapon up, looking through the sights at the hole, ready to fire at anything moving.

"Roger, scanning zone."
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 21:44   #238
flapjack
crashed computer

ooc/ may i kindly note there are 3 cargo areas, namely the 1 between the engines, which contains everyone's personall items and which i have previously cut open, cargo hold 2, which i'm currently opening and cargo hold 1, which has a big gaping hole in the outside, not the inside. /ooc

Unread 10 May 2004, 22:13   #239
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

*Greenith is about to tell the doctor his name when he notices aglarzir hanging back a few feet, obviously listening. Fearing his secret may be in danger, Greenith begins to rummage through his pockets and his sack, to buy time. Looking over his shoulder as the man leaves him, Greenith finally speaks in a hushed tone*

Greenith, my name's Greenith. Don't let that guy know, though. I think he wants me dead. He just doesn't know who 'me' is yet. Please, don't condemn me.
*Greenith looks at the doctor sincerely, his face an excellent mask of his true feelings, as he has become more skilled at lying*

If you remove the drugs from my system I may be able to help the situation. Will you be able to?

Unread 11 May 2004, 00:59   #240
Mad cat

ooc-personal items eh, bakan, would that include weapons?-ooc
Unread 11 May 2004, 02:12   #241
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad cat
ooc-personal items eh, bakan, would that include weapons?-ooc
Nope - unless they were hidden in many many pieces :P

And those weapons are either melee or low yield.
Unread 11 May 2004, 04:50   #242
Mad cat

ooc- works for me-ooc

taking note that the two have not taken his advise and continue to bicker he closes his eyes and seeing that he is being ignored by the one with the laser he turns and goes towards the boxes of personal items, he finds his and puts on some extra clothing and begins assebling a small silenced pistol
Unread 11 May 2004, 12:39   #243
flapjack
crashed computer

*Flapjack finished cutting just as MC came walking up and with a swift kick removed whatever metal was still left holding the plate up. Then walked in after MC and headed for his personal items, being pretty sure there would at least be a powercell for his arm and leg implants, possibly even 1 for his neural interface*

"You know, with these things and what i've got lying in cargo bay 2, i should be able to add some plating to the lifter, it won't fit through the hole in the hull at cargo bay 1 though. My idea would be to have me in that lifter and someone with a gun to come with me, perhaps another with my plasma torch. Those would have to get into cargo bay 1 and open the outer doors from the inside. If there are any of those creatures in there I'd be able to get rid of them easily. So, anybody willing to do this ? Once we get that bay cleared of hostiles, it should only be a matter of minutes for me to patch that hole, then I can get to converting those EVA pods."

Unread 11 May 2004, 15:08   #244
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Gokan leaves Heiro in Engineering and starts searching. After a short rummage around in some of the less obvious tool compartments, Gokan has assembled a small collection of high-precision electrical tools and puts them in a small waist-pack.

Briefly looking back with an almost inhumanly passive and cursory glance he disappears down the corridor leading to the cargo holds. When he arrives he notices a particularly empassioned man in a cargo lifter, seemingly intent on raiding the cargo holds and yelling over the sound of the plasma cutter how he could likely handle any of the creatures outside while using the lifter. Gokan smirks knowlingly. Although he hadn't seen the creatures in question, the roar had given him many clues as to their physiology. The smirk turns into an almost absent-minded smile.

At least the drugs are wearing off now.

Assuming their physiology wasn't radically different from the various other carnivorous artic-climate species the the creature was probably roughly 10 feet tall, ape-like, probably bipedal, the more distant roars indicated some form of pack, or possibly tribal group structure. The creatures could fit inside the ship and while a lifter could easily crush one to a pulp, even the most skilled combat-lifter pilots found grappling with a fast moving target in a slow and unweildy standard cargo lifter exceptionally difficult. Especially with the lifter's protection being minimal at best. Chances are he'd get one. But two or three would likely flank him, swarm up onto the lifter and rip him out of the cockpit.

Of course, it might be fun to see the look on his face as his arrogance is torn apart in the illuminating incandescence of reality. So I'm not going to say anything

The smile vanished and Gokan walked calmly into the personal belongings hold.

Ransacked already?

Digging around a bit he found the long term vacuum storage trunk his belongings had been stored in. He entered his prisoner Id code. Nothing happened for several heartbeats, then with a sudden whoosh of air, the chest opened. A small black keypad locked box was in one corner and he quickly took that, taking special note of the 'Warning, do not return to the prisoner. Biohazard. Electrical Hazard. Keep Away From EMP and Static discharges' label embossed on the bottom.

He dug through the rest of his belongings, ignoring most of them except for a small exceptionally durable rucksack and a few minor assorted electrical items. Most of which went in the rucksack or the tool-belt. Except a wrist-watch like device whose face was an immensely complex arrangement of crystalline lattices which he put on. Pressing a small button around the edge of the watch a fairly large (considering the size of the projector) holographic display appeared above the watch. Spending a few moments checking that the data contained within was mostly secure and in place he shut it back down.

Cost me a small fortune. never thought I'd ever hve to use it, my head's been good enough until now.

With that Gokan carried his rucksack back to engineering, where with care and caution he started work on breaking into the box containing the parts needed to restore his neural interface.
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 17:48   #245
Darkling

Her eyes not breaking from his, only for a few seconds to check the datad in the pad. Quickly slding it within her pouch.
"Ill just go and get what I need for you"
Brushing any dirt of her suit, getting some compsure back to hide her rather obvious feelings of not wanting to be here. Opening a medkit pulling out a vial and manual long needled syringe, stepping over Greenith.
"This will hurt mildy for a few seconds taht cant be helped I am afraid"
Putting on a hard smile, pulls out all contents of small vial, grabbing some flesh on Greenith's arm streching it. Pushing needle into the mucle reasling the vials cotnents into his sytem, pulling out the tranqulzer gun and aiming for Greenith.
"I never did describe the effects of the tranquilzer in these darts did i, it uses a concentrated forumla that almst compelty parlysis the enrvous system, not enough to cause death but enough so that full control is lost of any boy movments."
Her ahdns shaking alsmt wildy, the distance forutnly favouring a good shot least on the torso.

"I would rather not have done this but your dangerous, when these guns where first tested they where proven a hundred percent effectve agaisnt creatures who's mass far exceeds your compelted form even if it took more than one shot. In this form one will only take a few seconds at the most, two or three shots could kill you, the effects ware off of coruse after a few hours."
Clearing her throat Ada starts to feels her palms become sweaty and clamy, shifting her grip on the rubber hadnle of the gun.
"What I just injected you with was a less concetrated version of the formula used in these guns, in fact I think it was the first developed forumla. Regalrdess you will start feel your body numb and get tired more easly, any attempt at tranforming will most likely exhuast you."
Shufling backwards caustly, hereyes darting back and forth with fear, her body ready to pounce out of the way ina second.
"I am sorry to do this to you but in my opnion your to dangerous to be left un-controlled right now. I dont like doing this any more than you"
Taking a deep heavy gulp standing behind some crates incase this man, this mutant decided to do anyhting rash.
Unread 11 May 2004, 18:13   #246
Aglarzir

(( I think I'm gonna go with No Dachi and Heiro in the sense that I'm gonna wait till the next DM before posting further, I thought that small hold is a spare parts hold not a personal items hold. It was inside it that the EVA pods were found. Further apologies to No Dachi but because of descrepencies in my post I deleted it. Further apologies to Bakan for revealing the hole although I'm certain something else will be cooked up to replace it.))

Unread 11 May 2004, 19:35   #247
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakan
  • Engineering - This is where the engines of the ship is located, along with the computer core. There is a small series of quarters for the engineering crew, about 3 people typically. In addition is the sealed cargo hold right between the engines that the prisoners personal effects, equipment, and occassionally, weapons are stored for transport. The sublight engies are four ion propulsion drives for sublight travel, and a hyperspace window generator for FTL speeds. This section is arranged so that the Main corridor leads to the engineering area. To either side are the cargo bays.
Part of the first post, I might add. Not too hard to find. Though If Bakan decides to change his mind about this description, then I'd be willing (if not especially unhappy - It contradicts flapjack, so it's a good post ) to delete my post.
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 21:05   #248
Shadow275
Commandant

Shadow275 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad cat
i dont believe ive ever flown one of these, but i have a great deal of experience with small shuttle type craft

as he turns to head towards the newly made hole in the wall mc catches the sudden burst of laser light, he insantly switches to an infrared targeting mode and pulls the dartgun only catching himself just before pulling the trigger, but keeps it trained on the mans chest

what are you doing?
"Lower your weapon" Farle said, "Before you hurt yourself"

He then glanced at Greenith and the woman. He smiled, remembering back to the datapad, watching as the woman retreated from the mutant. Farle then turned to face the armed engineer, still aiming his weapon at Farle's chest.

Stupid fool Farle thought as he enabled afew implants and switched his view back to normal.

He then struck, crossing the distance in three almost impossibly fast steps, he was upon the man, his hand already around the barrel of the tranq gun. He deftly kicked one of the man's legs from under him, then floored him with a tremendous right hook. He tucked the weapon into his cyrosuit and looked upon MC.

"Don't point a gun at me" He said, looking intimating, "Ever"

He turned around again, shutting off his implants, half waiting for someone to attack him, half wanting a recharge.
Fire and Ice
Shadow275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 21:17   #249
Bakan
To Old to Die......

What's in the first post is gospel....
Unread 11 May 2004, 23:19   #250
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

*Greenith never moved from his crouch, and never took his eyes off of the doctor. His black eyes grew darker with utter hatred*

I was willing to trust you. You above all others, have a real use here, a use to me. It was foolish what you did. Any chance of trust is gone, as well as interest I have in your life. Don't make me kill your buddy over there *Greenith looked at aglarzir* it would be a pity.

*while the doctor was distracted by his talking, and possibly glancing at aglarzir, In one fluid motion, Greenith grabbed the neck of one of the bottles of beer sticking out of his pocket, pulled it out, and whipped it at the doctor, hitting her hard in the arm, knocking the weapon out of her hands and obviously hurting her arm pretty badly. While she was still distracted by the pain of her arm being smashed with a full bottle of liquor flying through the air, He stood up quickly and pulled out his gun. running to her, He shoved the crates to the floor, already feeling the effects of the tranq, grabbed her by the throat, and held her against the wall with the barrel of the pistol in her neck. Staring into her eyes with pure hatred, Greenith could taste her fear. it was a flavor he enjoyed greatly*

Now, it would be very wise to cooperate with me. Give me your bag. And dont scream, or I'll kill you.

*Greenith spoke politely, but with such a tone of coldness and absolute honesty that he could feel the doctor shudder*