User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Apr 2004, 05:21   #351
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all
Re: Gems Of Destruction

*Balia smirks a little, focusing on the old monk.*

Wisdom is the strength of us elders
The young will come to learn
come to understand.

* Balia sighs a little, glancing around the group, her fingers stroking the cats furr as it purrs happily*

I knew not the dragon but the lady.
A wanderer.....
Filled with hatred
Hatred for her past.
Hatred for all.
Power too great even then.
Her soul dark.

*What appears to be a shiver of fear creeps up her spine before she continues*

The one you speak of is strong
And yet weak beside his superiors.
There is another.
As evil as the dragon lady.
As corrupted.
As dangerous.

No item will defeat her.
Only Knowledge
Only unity.
Only patience.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 23:01   #352
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro is on a distinguished road

"Wait, wait. There's another? Stronger than the Lady? You say you knew the lady but not the dragon. How is that?"
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 00:03   #353
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro
"Wait, wait. There's another? Stronger than the Lady? You say you knew the lady but not the dragon. How is that?"
Eown slaps Zorro across the back of the head, not hard and with no intention to hurt. Unless his ego counts as hurt.

"She means someone stronger than an opponent we fought before. One of the ladies lieutenants. To reiterate, she knew the lady, obviously, before she became the evil near-god we know today."

Turning back to Balia, Eown sighs

"So I was correct about you. You are very very old. At least three times my own age. And a powerful seer, or very lucky, to live this long."
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 00:07   #354
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro knew when it was time to shut up, and seeing how the old man was quite wise, decided to let him do most of the talking from here on out. Zorro always had had problems with patience, the cleric had told him repeatedly. Fortunately, he had been able to learn a little more humilty whilst with the cleric and was thus not offended by the old mans whacking him upside the head.*
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 00:10   #355
Heiro
'Mael'

"I feel I possibly overdid it there my lad. I didn't mean to offend you, with the slap. I just can't stand the youth of today. Perhaps your questions bring the underlying lack of information this group actually knows. Or at least shares. Please continue, for the sake of those who are not up to speed with the situation. I will do my upmost best to fill people in. "

Eown scowls at Qualme, before settling down into a crosslegged stance on the floor.
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 00:18   #356
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

"On the contrary old man, my lack of knowledge is probably mostly due to my not having been with you for your battles. The majority of your group here I believe has a better knowledge base than I myself"

*He eyes the rest of the group*

"Perhaps...."
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 00:21   #357
Heiro
'Mael'

"Perhaps indeed. I for one would have a pure, innocent warrior over some people in this room as it stands."

Eown closes his eyes, and tosses Zorro his wine.

"Now I shall think on things, drinking tends to dissuade coherent thought. Enjoy it"
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 00:32   #358
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro catches the wine in the air. About to protest, but sensing the old man as a natural leader, he only takes a swig and takes a step back.*
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 02:49   #359
PyRo`
Posts++;

PyRo` is an unknown quantity at this point

Qualme grins at Eown, stretches his arms out above his head and lets out an audible yawn.

What is it with those who are both wise and elderly that makes them think the only way they can be taken seriously is to talk in riddles?

He asks himself and lowers his arms.

“Pure and innocent warriors are all good and well against other men, but they tend to run at the first glimpse of a decaying corpse or a beast who would like nothing better than to turn the said warriors inside out and to hang their entrails from tree branches.”
PyRo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 02:54   #360
Heiro
'Mael'

"You might be right there."

Without opening his eyes, Eown continutes

"However, That is why we are here, after all. To get rid of such beasts, and hopefully stop the innocent youth from having to ever fight them"

Smirking somewhat, he nods to qualme, before mulling the words of the seer over in his mind.
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 07:53   #361
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
Thungarth grinned slightly as he overheard the "party"members discuss the words of the old lady, but not for one second took his eyes off her. For some reason, he didn't trust her... maybe the fact that she knows the dragonlady, and has known her from even before she turned into this selfproclaimed god, yet still lives gives him the paranoid feeling, perhaps it's the fact that the old bat does not seem afraid to talk ill of the lady and give adventurers clues, while she seems convinced that the dragonlady hears and sees all... he decides to try and lure out an answer to his doubts by the use of a stupid question...

"you've lived long, and have had the chance to grow wise, I hope you'll understand that my wisdom has not reached that level yet, not by long, and thus know that my question is not meant as an offence, nor is it retorical, but truly out of interest and hope for a concrete answer... you've known the lady a long, long time, know she hears and sees everything, and know she allows none to oppose her... what is it that gives you the courage to aid us? do you have some sort of protective ward cast over your house? are you a powerfull enough mages to ward her off? If you have something that she fears, or makes you more trouble than you're worth to her, we might be able to abuse it, or at least spread it to the other towns, so less people will have to be sacrificed while we slowly make our way to the end of our quest..."

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 04:12   #362
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

*balia grins at the goings on of the group, a moment amusment in her long dull life. She had not felt a sense a joy in longer than she could remember but there was something about this group. She parts her lips intending to speak when the dwarf questioned her. She hesitates a moment before speaking once again*

Fear of death is not my concern.....My life is long.....many lifetimes.
Fear of the dragon lady would be wasted.........she has already killed me.
Magic, I have none....my age is my curse......my curse for kindness.
Youth made me foolish....the lady ended that youth.......

Balia turns away from the group gazing toward the woods, a tear slipping down her cheek, trying to conpose herself before answering other questions. She had not thought back to that fateful day, that foolish decision in so long it hit her hard.

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 04:35   #363
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro notes the bottle he has is nearing the point of being empty, and offers the remaining portion to Balia.*

"Milady, I'm sorry this wasn't offered to you before we began, but I'm afraid as travelers, or in my case farmers, are a bit rugged in the manners area. From your speaking to you mean to say you are immortal? How is that you could have been killed by her and yet be lifetimes old? The most pressing question on my mind.....what is your relationship to her?"

*Zorro keeps a check on the old man, ready to dodge another headslap if the need be*

--Mark Twain

Last edited by Zorro; 19 Apr 2004 at 04:59.
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 13:28   #364
Heiro
'Mael'

"Those are all valid questions my lad. Many of which i'd like to hear the answers to myself."

He looks at balia, and sighs. A smile slowly breaks his lips, and he shakes his head. Moving slowly, he unstoppers the cork on his second bottle, this time pouring a conservative amount into his mouth, before passing the bottle up to zorro

"I'm sorry for my manners, does anyone wish for a drink?"
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 14:36   #365
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
Thungarth, understanding that the lady had been one to defy the dragonlady, and failed, suddonly pitied the old woman, for in his understanding, Dragonsjem had stolen the old woman's youth by allowing her a vieuw, a vieuw of pain and torment, and perhaps the seers gift aswell, but one that only sees the pains to come, and had cursed her with immortality, so that she would never be free from the eternal torment of visions, visions of pain, visions of what Dragonsjem did to the land. This woman would never in her life experience innocense or joy, not as long as the dragonlady lived... and most likely, if the dragonlady was to die, so would this poor creature, for the curse would be lifted... he figured the woman would want to die, badly... but was unable to...

with these toughts running trough his head, Thungarth looked back at the old lady, and made a vow:

" I swear... no matter what the witch does to me, or them... even if it takes my last living breath.... I will not stop untill she is dead. she may cut me up, light me on fire, boil my brains and crush my bones, but she will die, and you will know peace and rest at last. Your kindness may have attrackted her evil, but your kindness will also set you free, and give you a place among the gods' most favoured "

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 17:56   #366
Heiro
'Mael'

"Now that is something I can drink to. I believe we have enough information to set out. I have a vague feeling that heading north will take us back somewhere I've not been in many years. It is also the direction that lieutenant of her's went. We should head that way. Unless the lady has any suggestions?"
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 19:36   #367
PyRo`
Posts++;

"Is there anything you wont drink to?"

Qualme grumbles.
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 20:32   #368
Heiro
'Mael'

"Of course there is. Death and sorrow are one pair, but vows as great as that need to be consumated with something..."
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 17:04   #369
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Composing herself, Balia turns toward the group, looking so eagar to run off to their deaths.
"Concern yourself not with Balia.
Lived long have I and shall live longer.
Learn well what i have shared.
Knowlege will be your strength.

Many Challenges will face you.
There is one waiting for you.
You must go...you must meet him.
He guards a place you must seek.
Inside lies a key to the dragon lady.

Long forgotten is where you seek.
A place of eternal rest for many.
But not all.

He lied there centuries.
But never rested.
Cursed himself long ago.
Trapped by others.
Now freed but cannot reenter.

Go now.
Meet your enemies.
Learn their ways.
Go now...or all hope is lost."

With the last line, Balia stands up and reaches for the door to her little cottage.

Unread 20 Apr 2004, 17:17   #370
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

"Balia........thank you for your help. But where is this place of which you speak?"

--Mark Twain
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 17:22   #371
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Stopping, her hand on the door.

"Paladin, you know of where i speak, although you know not its history. Just beyond the village, hidden amongst the trees. Long overgrown but the dead still rest there."

Unread 20 Apr 2004, 17:45   #372
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro had hoped he had misunderstood, as the graveyard was NOT his favorite place to visit.*

"Aye that I do. Is there anything else we should know before we depart? Or is there anything we can do to repay you for your service?"

--Mark Twain
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 17:54   #373
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

"You should have all you need, all I can really tell."
Balia pushes open the door and steps inside, turning back to the group.
"I need nothing except to know I helped in some way."
Closing the door slowly she turns and sits down on her bed, hoping the best for the warriors.

Unread 20 Apr 2004, 17:56   #374
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro turns to the group*

"Well........I guess that's that. Onward to the graveyard we go then."

*Zorro exits the yard, closing the gate behind him and group as they head toward the graveyard*

--Mark Twain
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 18:13   #375
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

graveyard equals bones and rotting flesh... if we'll meet something not quite dead yet, it's likely she was talking of the undead... we'll need blunt weapons then...

Unread 20 Apr 2004, 18:16   #376
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro puts a hand on the sword he carries on his back. He had not used it in so long, but it was like riding a bicycle. Once you learn, you never forget.*

"The undead........or maybe something that so far has just fogotten to die.....someone perhaps forgotten by death itself."

--Mark Twain
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 20:50   #377
PyRo`
Posts++;

Qualme smiles.

This could be interesting.

“Whatever it is it doesn't matter, if we can hit it then there's a way to kill it, let's go. Zorro, would you be as kind to lead the way, you know these parts better than anybody here.”
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 21:18   #378
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Arriving at what appears to be underbrush, Zorro tears away at some vines and plants revealing a gate.*

"Well, welcome to the cemetery........a fun filled family park....."

*Opening the gate, he walks in with the rest following behind and looks around*

--Mark Twain
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 21:30   #379
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

The Graveyard is sntragled with vines and bushes, as they grip greedly to stone and dirt. A scutteof rats to long comfotable with the silence of their habitant, watch from unseen shadows and darkness. Gravestones littler the ground, some standing some crumbling the name on them as forgotten as this place. Old twigs snap at the attetion of your feet as walk into depths of this maze, catching sight of taller memorails, old crypts from a time few remeber now, cracked and worn with the passing of time.
"And so it is you come to walk the lands of the forgotten dead, restless sleep is all that await those who rest here. They dont take kindly to your entrance into their domain, or your vaunted will to live unbound by tyranny and chains. Welcome travellers to the land where past hatreds still run deep and are never forgotten"
The voice unearthly, sournding the group from all directions coming from somwhere within this graveyard calmly speaking without any living traits to it.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 02:43   #380
Rhyspar
FR=Faile GoD=Rhyspar

Rhyspar is an unknown quantity at this point

Rhyspar stayed quiet while the party debated and asked more questions. Listening to what the old woman said she stood off the to the side, waiting for everything to be finished. As the group left for the graveyard, Rhyspar paused, unsure of wether to follow. Deciding for it she walked alongside the older, drunken man. Eown was his name. Silent for a few moments, she finally spoke.

"Good day to you sir," formalities over with she continued, "You seemed to have a much greater understanding of the Balia one's words then most. I wonder, what may you say on them?"
Rhyspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 18:10   #381
Heiro
'Mael'

Eown stumbles to his feet, and begins to follow the others when a voice rings clear in his ears. Stumbling to look back, he smiles. The first speaker erupts from his peripheral vison, and slowly shifts into view.

"Hello. This... is possibly not the time to think on her words, more act on them. But if you must know, I believe her words to be true, perhaps to the key of this whole riddle. She may also know more than we would like to think. Now. We have a graveyard to get to, apparently. The dead aren't such good company, but needs must..."

Eown straightens himself, and sloshing his wine in the bottle, breaks off into a run, to catch and aid the others.
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 18:53   #382
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Mere moments after waking, Cathan is armed and ready to fight. Quickly he opens the wooden shutters on his window and surveys the streets below. Several fires have already started near the entrance to the town, a hectic throng of people are stampeding away from the flames crushing anyone unfortunate enough to stumble and fall underfoot. He notices several chainmail clad figures amongst the crowd, most of the city guards seem to be running for their lives, only a few are attempting to fight against the tides of people, to make their way to the scene of the attacks.

Few things that can terrify men that much could have attacked with so little warning.

Cathan glowers briefly, lost in thought. Several hundred yards away there is a loud crash and Cathan sees the side of a building crumble, followed shortly by the building itself. His frown deepens before he turns and heads down to the taproom. Many people have gathered downstairs, panicked and frightened, they seem to think that they would be safe inside.

If they had seen what I just saw, they’d likely be at each others throats.

Cathan, standing heads and shoulders above the majority of the townsfolk, barges his way towards the door, the task is made easier when people back out of the way of the large and armed stranger.

The inns front door opens out onto a small side-street just off the main-street, so he’s spared the majority of the crowds. A few slightly calmer citizens are running away down the backstreets, the journey to barracks is longer that way, but the chances of being crushed by neighbours is significantly lower.

Cathan makes his way towards the disturbance along the back streets, occasionally being forced to backhand the occasional straggler who grabbed him and offered to pay a fortune if he would protect them. Cathan was in no mood to be hired as a bodyguard to such desperately terrified men.

The street Cathan chose eventually led out into an open square, with the narrow streets acting as a bottleneck the people in the square were more spread out, Cathan also noticed the flow of people was reducing slightly.

Either most of the town has already passed here, or else they’re not getting as much time to run anymore.

As if in answer to his thoughts the crowds at the squares entrance suddenly start screaming even louder and pushing forwards even more. Cathan looks around briefly and notices half a dozen of the town’s guardsmen have also chosen here to make a stand.

The smell of blood accompanies the people now crossing the square. Most are sporting minor wounds, though as he watches a man runs past dragging a dead and disembowelled woman, presumably his wife, he is too shocked to notice that she is dead and keeps yelling for her to keep up.

Cathan could swear he hears something roar and he notices the faces of the guardsmen pale noticeably. Cathan inverts his sword, holding it tip down and vertically. Slowly he starts tapping the tip against the dry, dusty cobbled streets. He notices some the guardsmen look over at him momentarily, before returning their gaze to the crowd.

Another roar, closer this time. Cathan increases the pace and strength of his bashing. He notices one or two guardsmen pick up the rhythm bashing their swords against their shields or against the floor. Screams, more urgent and high-pitched than before erupt from the crowd. Cathan watches as the people are thrown up into the air like rag dolls, sprays of blood everywhere. Cathan sees a huge hulking shape suddenly smash through the front of the crowd. It slashes at whimpering and cowering townsfolk with claws already soaked red with blood and gore, smashing them aside with large, bat-like wings.

Cathan realises that the street behind the creature is full of bodies, dozens of them, tossed aside like so much debris the so recently dry ground is now slick with bloodied mud. Whatever the beast was, it turned, looking straight at Cathan and the small number of guards. One of the guards panicked under the feral gaze, dropping his sword and shield he turned tail and fled, moments later another fled, Cathan thought they all would flee until one of the guards stepped forward, his elaborate sword and cloak marked him as an officer.

“Hold fast men! We cannot allow this creature and it’s kin to make it to the barracks!!” his voice rang out, seemingly clear of fear or panic it served to boost the almost extinguished morale.
With a blood curdling roar the beast ran towards them, claws eager to rend and tear flesh. “Charge!!!!” yells the officer, catching Cathan off-guard. The guardsmen screaming warcries leapt into action.

The first man to reach Marshen was knocked aside almost casually, Cathan heard the sick crunch he made when he collided with a building. The next two men arrived at the same time, followed shortly by the officer. The beast was apparently not all that intelligent, it spent valuable moments trying to decide who was the biggest threat, valuable moments that the guards spent attacking. Cathan was shocked to see that most of the men’s blows were deflected by the creatures thick scaly hide, and what few superficial wounds they did inflict seemed to heal in moments. One of the soldiers narrowly avoided following his companion. Cathan suddenly snapped out of his almost dazed contemplation of this strange draconic foe. Hefting his sword he charges towards it. He has no warcry and charges forwards with nothing but the sound of breathing emanating from his lips.

Before he has even half crossed the distance to the fighters the beast picks up the officer with one enormous clawed hand, before throwing him aside. The two remaining men finally lose their nerve at the incapacitation of their commander and turn to run. The first doesn’t make it more than one step before claws tear open his back The second makes it slightly further, but with a single bound the creature catches up. Picking up the thrashing guard, by the head, with one hand the creature stares into the man’s eyes momentarily before crushing his skull like some kind of overripe fruit.

Cathan’s charge stops dead, slowed to a walk. The creature roars once again, spreading his wings and arms aside. Cathan notices something unusual about one of its arms, the flesh was pink and only lightly scaled beneath the coating of blood, unlike the other whose ruddy scaled flesh was likely just as suited as armour as the rest of it's body. Cathan assumes a defensive posture as the beasts eyes seek him out.

Last edited by Spritely Zombie; 22 Apr 2004 at 10:18.
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 21:04   #383
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro looks around, carefully surveying the scene, then calls out*

"Hello? Who's there? Come forward and indentify yourself."

--Mark Twain
Unread 21 Apr 2004, 21:20   #384
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Chuckling omiusly, causing it to echo around the graveyard. The vocie returning to its previous stae

"Young thing you amuse me, you have no idea what forces are at work. Yet contuniue forward in your own ignorance, that old women is nothing but a child who learnt to much and grew old."
A long slow pause fills the air, a figure sits ontop of a gravestone. Its features ahrd to define, a hood drapped over a helmet hiding them completly, armour losly hanging of his skinless ribs. letting his boned figenrs tap agaginst the gravestone a few times
"Does this suite your needs more, or would you preffer a more pleasnt form?"
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 01:10   #385
Sivart

Sivart is an unknown quantity at this point

Sivart suddenly wakes up from some comatosal trance that he'd been in, looks around, and sees some hooded character upon a gravestone. Slowly edging a little bit away, he pulls out a dagger with one hand, his dirk with his other, and waits.
Sivart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 04:26   #386
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro catches Sivart unbrandishing his weapon out of the corner of his eye. He puts his hand out to signal him to wait, though he seems to already be doing so. Turning to the entity on the grave he speaks.*

"No, no that form will do fine. The form in which one chooses to present himself initially says much does it not? Indeed we travel in ignorance as you say, for that we have come to you now, so as to englighten us that we may travel in wisdom instead."

*Zorro hopes he correctly worded what it was he was trying to say, but what is said is said and he dwells no further upon his own words, but focuses his attention on the figure*

--Mark Twain
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 06:40   #387
Darkling

"And so we stand at an empass, the road is no longer clear, the apth spilts upon us"

Titling his head slightly in a curious manner to look at the group glancing at them all. Leaning abck slightly to take a look in to the sky.
"What makes you think I wish to help you young thing, how do you know I am not here simple to destroy you here and now to end whatever threat you may psoe, or perhaps my purpose is to be a watcher for now and observe your journey untill it is time to act. Or maybe i simple like staying in such places and you have disturbed my privacy. What do you think then? what makes yo think I am here to help you?"
His usnene stare locking on them all
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 10:07   #388
PyRo`
Posts++;

Qualme laughs and approaches the decrepit figure.

“I don't think you wish to help us, I don't think you have a choice in the matter, you're a minion of Dragonsjem, whether you realise it or not, your wishes and desires are not your own, you are enslaved by her power. You're here to help us, for your masters wishes us to proceed, why I do not know, though it is clear she does, why would she let us get this far then kill us, if she wanted us dead that dragon creature of hers would have ended us nights ago, instead it chose to run off, thus leading us to the path we now walk. It is safe to presume you are both a watcher and our guide for the time being at least otherwise you would not be standing here with us.”
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 12:32   #389
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Thungarth, bored with all the talking, pulls out his axe, and leans on it, eyeing the surroundings aswell as the hooded figure, carefully calculating it's every word and movement

Unread 22 Apr 2004, 16:09   #390
Darkling

Shifting its dark gaze across to the one who speaks.
"Young assasin we meet again, though thigns are not as clear as they amy seem to you. My will is my own and always shall be, I am without sight but see beyond the limitaitons of the flesh, I have no skin to feel with yet I feel more tahtn is possible. Such is my life and my will is my own as is alliance to whom I chose"
Pauses slightly to stand himself upright, letting the hood fall open to show the helmet in full, its eye sockets only filled with darkness. Taking a staff from behind the grave, gripping it tightly between his fingers.
"It is not I who guide you, many a time have I wandered this site for this is were it began for me taht is all you need to know for now."
Stepping forward to stand clsoer to the group of people still kepping its gaze upon Qualme
"What is it one such as yoyrself seeks in this quest?, it pays little if anyhting at all. I doubt glory suits your needs, it does not suit one of your proffesion nor does morality. So why I wonder when therre are otehr alternatives which offer better opertunitys, what be your answer to this young murdered?"
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 18:15   #391
PyRo`
Posts++;

"My reasons for going on this quest are of no concern of yours, you're right I no longer seek riches, I don't seek glory and honour and morality does not concern me, if you wish to know my reasons you're going to have to watch me until the end, whatever that may be.”
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 01:40   #392
Sivart

Sivart is an unknown quantity at this point

Sivart squints his eyes in slight confusion when the figure's hood is drawn back. First half-dragons, then walking volcanoes, now the dead themselves are in our path. He wonders what sort of allies this sorcerous will pull up from the rocks next. Watching the figures staff closely, he stands steady, waiting to see what next shall happen.
Sivart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 15:07   #393
Darkling

Lets out a low laugh to himself.
"A vague answer, and one taht hides more than it tells. It does not matter regardless, this is just another cycle in the passing of time."
Stepping away from the group to turn his abck to them, sharply twisting on the spot to face them from more of a distance.
"What to do with you all now that is the next act one must decide, no doubt you all have your views on what I should do but I care not for them."
Titling his staff so the orb shines for a few seconds, a stream of energy, causing a sicnking feel as it apasses through the his Gunatlets. The grip of his clawed figners holding tightly onto the staff.
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 18:22   #394
Rhyspar
FR=Faile GoD=Rhyspar

Rhyspar is an unknown quantity at this point

Squinting after the old man Rhyspar shook her head.

Strange character..
Rhyspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 19:26   #395
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

*Zorro keeps an eye on this no longer hooded stranger*

"Well now, It is true that we can not tell for certain what your intentions are. However, I've never been much for cryptic speaking, so perhaps you could inform us of what you are here for. If you are to attack us, then by all means, delay no further. It seems to me though that if that were the case, you would already have done so, and it is this that leads me to believe that you might be able to help us in some way."

--Mark Twain
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 19:36   #396
Darkling

"I am not as impulsive as otehr you may of faced, nor do I take up arms without propper consideration. That is not arms by myself I am not agaisnt using others to do such mundane actions for myself, unless the need arises."
The glow of magic stopping seem to disepate into the ground silently, Darkling simple standing there rigid.
"No help I shall give you not the kind you desire at least, I am simple trying to delay and gauge what reactions i can from you nthing more. I have little itnrest in you so far any of you have yet to do anyhting of noteworth achivment, I have wasted enough time here already I have more pressing concerns that intrest me more. Unless you have anything else to ask me then now would be the time to do so, before one departs your meager selfs"
His voice sounding but distance at the same time, a still wind rustling his cloak.
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 20:33   #397
Heiro
'Mael'

Eown dashes into the graveyard, and comes to a swift stop. The figure standing in the middle, seemingly addressing the character flicks up in his mind. Slowly, slowly, his memory begins to sift through the information from his past. He characterises him instantly, old, dangerous and infinitely stronger than the living members around now. Coming to a stop, he smiles, and takes the figure up on his offer.

"Now, Have I met you before? that is a valid question, is it not?"
Unread 24 Apr 2004, 05:16   #398
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*Watching Marshen, Bakan watches in detached curosity as Marshen casually decimates a entire squad of city guards. Despite his still semi-wounded arm, Marshen showed that he was more than able to take on his fair share of combat. About to turn away, Bakan turn, and stared at one of the people still standing, apparently confronting Marshen. He was massive for a human, but still small compared to Marshen. Deciding to watch for a few moments, Bakan stood to the side, not moving, except to reach out and grab a person's throat who tried to jump and stab him. A quick squeeze, the sound of snapping bones, and the person fell to the ground dead.*

*Marshen circled around the new person. Obviously not to bright, he roared, then rushed forward, his footsteps making the ground around him shake with each impact, both arm outstreachted towards the lone warrior that still defied him by living.*
Unread 24 Apr 2004, 10:48   #399
Darkling

Turing hisdakr gaze to the elderly man, standing in silence before speakingonce more
"valid yes but it helps you litte, sicne you asked though no we have not met before, as i have stated you have yet to gaina any achivments of worth in my view. So no not try to trick me young avenger, I am not the one you seek as you well know"
Unread 24 Apr 2004, 13:37   #400
Heiro
'Mael'

"I thought not, but the years that have no effect on you blur my memory."

He smiles to the old figure, and sits down, waiting patiently for anything else that he has to say

"Fairwell, I have no quarrel with you, yet."