User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Apr 2004, 18:30   #1
BeeKiller
Theh Muffin Man \o/

BeeKiller is a jewel in the roughBeeKiller is a jewel in the roughBeeKiller is a jewel in the rough
Dynamic Eta's

As there seems to be all this talk about dynamic eta's returning (along with extra ship classes, which should help spice things up) how exactly would this all be implemented.
Will there be multiple tick attacking with reduced capping per tick as in pre-PAX combat, or will it still be single tick with the larger capping %. Also if multiple tick attacks were brought back in (and of course multiple tick defences) what would happen to prelaunching, how necessary would it be to still have it? I have enjoyed the single tick attacks, prelaunchable fleets and generic eta for all ships from PAX and PAX.5 but I am really looking forward to a return to more classic style combat, how much of a mixture between pre-PAX combat and current combat will PAXI have, and what do people think would be the best features to keep, dump, and bring back in?

And yes i know, I haven't particular made any suggestions, but I'm posting this because I'd be interested in other peoples suggestions and ideas and I'd like to discuss peoples views with them

- Superfly
R4: Seal left to ReCon then TRT (ReBorn)
R5-8: Don't remember exact order, but, ReBorn, Silver, Legends
R9: Didn't Play
R9.5-11: FAnG Defence Genius & later HC
R12: LCH Defence Genius
R13 and beyond: Angels Genius
BeeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 18:35   #2
Baddars
FAnG Battle Commander

Baddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really nice
Re: Dynamic Eta's

i wub you super-dooper-fly!
===================================================
Baddars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 18:36   #3
Illogical
Property of merle

Illogical is an unknown quantity at this point

go go 3 tick attacking again, was soo much more fun crushing your opponent and their returning fleet
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 18:37   #4
Monk
LDK

Monk is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea the old sistems was better :P
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2004, 18:38   #5
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

i say 1 tick attack 2 tick defence

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 17:54   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

if 2-3 tick attacking, then drop the cap rate back to 15% or something. do the math, you can devestate @25%/tick. also, 6 tick + 3 tick attack means sometimes you can save someone for some ticks, if not all of them. when i was helping to DC, i used to love getting enough ships to stop 2nd tick, and 3rd tick
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 18:08   #7
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I personally am more bothered about teh destruction to ships that 3 tick attrack brings back. Some of the attacks landing now can be bad enough but its often hard to lose all your ships, but times that by 3 and attacks become much more devistating. Yes for those at the top this can be great as it means you can have your block wars and really go out to destroy the other side but for the smaller players its just too much
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 18:12   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

then you'd have to change the rate of salvage to something that can cope with that I guess. the problem is if you make it so that the smaller planets can cope setbacks of loosing most of their fleet, how can we hit the top players and get them down?
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 22:08   #9
Ripur

Ripur is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm telling ya, if tou want to stop bashing you need to force people to fight targets roughly their own size or larger. the 'you can not attack a target this small' is a good step in the right direction. Award people by higher cap% if target is larger than them and stop them from even being ablt to raid a player 1/2 thier size.
Ripur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 22:17   #10
Appocomaster
PA Team

well, modifiy cap rate and modify damage? "your pilots are overconfident and lazy at hitting someone only 60% your size, damage done reduced by 10%" or something?
conversely, hitting someone 150% of your size: "your pilots understand the risk and will fight to the death, with nothing to loose - 15% increase in damage done"