User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 30 Nov 2008, 04:49   #451
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about
Re: Rnd 29 predictions

I predict failure on many different levels
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2008, 15:01   #452
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
VGN + ND on 3:2, ROCK + DEN on 1:10 and some ND on a few big asc planets around the uni. You can argue this isn't ptargeting, but when it comes to attacking heavy asc gals like these, it works the same way (and is more effective than only attacking the asc planets imo so nothing wrong with that).
I'm not sure how many times we've hit denial since I didn't play from the start, but I'd venture a guess at 4-5 ptarget times. If ND have hit denial more than that cudos, I still think it's fair to say asc has been heavily involved in the fight.

If ND didn't hit us last round before pt 600 you are idiots, we were massively dominating and the whole united fleets thing had flizzled out at around pt 800, that's only 200 ticks you claim to have hit us and frankly that's a poor effort on your part. I know how much inc we had in ally, I know how much inc my own gal had, I don't really see how I can get that wrong..
First, there are 3 asc in 3:2. If that is ptargetting, get real man.
We did also hit another gal with asc in it. Booohooo, we hit your gals with planets in, we are totally p-targetting Asc. As i said, get real, you don't got a clue.

Asc have been heavy involved in the fight, i have said nothing else. But as i said, one of the reason asc got fat, is that they were never consistant on denial (which were low on roids). But i never said that was wrong.

And about last round: http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=196936 - Says PT610, i think we can put that one dead. Even tho you "know" otherwise.

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2008, 15:10   #453
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

I dont see Y U are busily denying U hit Asc even if true; surely at this point once Asc wins by a mile again, U want to look back and say "well we tried" even if we did not!
Unread 30 Nov 2008, 15:13   #454
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz View Post
First, there are 3 asc in 3:2.
It has 5 in there, no matter how terrible your intel is, it doesn't change the actual number there, as I pointed out to damo8

Quote:
And about last round: http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=196936 - Says PT610, i think we can put that one dead. Even tho you "know" otherwise.
Yep that was when you joined the fight against us (you had accepted a 48 hour avoidance before then which I laughed about, and which gave us enough time to break CT + friends back). However before you joined in we had 4 alliances targeting us. If you want to attempt to paint a picture that Asc didn't get touched last round that's up to you, again though it doesn't make it right.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2008, 15:40   #455
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz View Post
First, there are 3 asc in 3:2. If that is ptargetting, get real man.
We did also hit another gal with asc in it. Booohooo, we hit your gals with planets in, we are totally p-targetting Asc. As i said, get real, you don't got a clue.

Asc have been heavy involved in the fight, i have said nothing else. But as i said, one of the reason asc got fat, is that they were never consistant on denial (which were low on roids). But i never said that was wrong.

Yeah I know which other gal you hit, like I said in my post (if you had actually read it, things would be easier for you to understand) this is a better tactic than pure ptargets when it comes to trying to roid asc. Why deny you are targeting heavy asc gals on purpose? The same is happening with yet another shared hit on 5:2 by ND and VGN today. Or maybe we only have 2 planets in there according to your intel?

Consistant? I'd say 5 times in 10 nights is pretty consistant, its over double as much as denial have hit asc f.ex. Like I said before, kodus if you have hit them more but its not like we forced you to do it? Sound like you are bitter about that, not sure why.

As for last round, Game already explained it.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..

Last edited by Zotnam; 30 Nov 2008 at 16:07.
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2008, 19:03   #456
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Wondering, from a somewhat bystanding position last round, could I enquire as to the 4 allies that were targetting asc pre-tick 600 last round? I know i didnt pay much attention.. but I'm pretty sure I didn't miss that much. I know carebears (lol) and ND didnt hit asc and asc were napped with tgv/rock (right?), so...
Unread 30 Nov 2008, 19:07   #457
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

the NAP with TGV was a cleverly constructed myth, even TGV believed it and bent over backwards to avoid hitting asc gals when there was no need.
Unread 30 Nov 2008, 19:21   #458
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Wondering, from a somewhat bystanding position last round, could I enquire as to the 4 allies that were targetting asc pre-tick 600 last round? I know i didnt pay much attention.. but I'm pretty sure I didn't miss that much. I know carebears (lol) and ND didnt hit asc and asc were napped with tgv/rock (right?), so...
Game asked me this just now. To be honest I only remember four. Golan is right though, our incs were fairly heavy pre tick 600. We had quite a few incs for the first 5 weeks I'd say. Last 10 days or so people just didn't bother trying anymore. Strategically last round was really poor targetting though. I know it was hard to hit the tough xan gals like mine and smasher's but nobody ever really tried. Instead you just got that gal whose co-ords I don't remember with the 2 asc etds getting mass incs pretty much every night. Ascendancy weren't napped with rock/tgv, we co-ordinated some targetting at the start though, almost more avoid double-bookings than anything else.

As regards TGV, and I hope kargool doesn't mind me saying this, but when we started getting hit by vgn/nd/ct/vsn we offered (or it came up I don't remember how exactly this went) NAPs to both rock and tgv. Rock took it and we kept that one until the end of the round. TGV didn't.
Unread 30 Nov 2008, 19:34   #459
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm quite enjoying these little of webs of intrigue that ascendancy clearly must be up to. All we do is play with a bit of flexibility. Agreements are by and large temporary although I'm sure there are exceptions (I have no input on political strategy because I'm not active enough to keep track). If people have a more fixed view of how they conduct their politics, it's up to them. I'd say it's pretty likely that we'd have agreements with close to everyone over the course of the round.

All this stuff about whether people were hitting Ascendancy before tick 600 last round is nonsense and a silly debate. What won us last round is people bizarrely choosing to team on ND early on when we were fat, which let us close out the round with a sterling performance. I was shocked that strategy from our opponents would be so poor. There has been no such respite this round, which is why planetarion is a whole lot closer, to little surprise.
Unread 30 Nov 2008, 19:36   #460
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
the NAP with TGV was a cleverly constructed myth, even TGV believed it and bent over backwards to avoid hitting asc gals when there was no need.
TGV actually said no to it, not the other way round. TGV avoided our gals so that we would avoid their top planets, that changed however when they attempted to target one of the heavier Asc gals, at which point we vowed to remove their larger planets (this happened a week or so later, we were still busy with CT/ND at that point).

Going back to this round though, VenoX has just shared their top defence calls this round. They are actually smaller than I expected, I'm not entirely sure what he's making all the fuss about.
Unread 30 Nov 2008, 20:15   #461
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

I dont get what this rounds incs has to do with last rounds incs when ur claiming u got heavy incs pre tick 600 from 4 allies.. which was what I'm disputing, i dont remember what else i've made a fuss about besides peoples obvious mistake in targetting Denial longer than they needed to.

It was nice tho, that you admitted to me you lied about Denial not hitting you (we've given you 50% more incoming than your 2nd most), and you were just painting a picture on the forums that we werent hitting you so no one else would join us. Back to my point about manipulation which you call "saying it better". lol.
Unread 30 Nov 2008, 20:27   #462
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There seems to be about three or four different arguments going on in this thread at the same time and it's weird and deeply confusing
Unread 30 Nov 2008, 20:47   #463
Game^

Quote:
I dont get what this rounds incs has to do with last rounds incs when ur claiming u got heavy incs pre tick 600 from 4 allies.. which was what I'm disputing, i dont remember what else i've made a fuss about besides peoples obvious mistake in targetting Denial longer than they needed to.
I'd imagine it was a lot more to do with the topic of the thread, given that it is titled 'Round 29'. When I say 'fuss' I mean the way in which you made out that you were getting incoming coming out of your ears and everyone was targeting the wrong alliance. What you have had, is around 20% more incoming than we have had, an alliance that you say haven't been targeted at all.

Quote:
It was nice tho, that you admitted to me you lied about Denial not hitting you (we've given you 50% more incoming than your 2nd most), and you were just painting a picture on the forums that we werent hitting you so no one else would join us. Back to my point about manipulation which you call "saying it better". lol.
All I'll say is VenoX, you don't exactly lend yourselves to being 'liked'. Ascendancy used to be hated in the same way you lot are now, however a lot has changed, and I'd imagine it's in part due to the fact we don't moan on these forums about incoming, we get on with it in game, a lesson to be learnt?
Unread 30 Nov 2008, 20:52   #464
VenoX

If you dont moan whats all this crap about last round you being heavily targetted before tick 600.. it definitely wasnt denial that brought up the argument. Maybe you just like to delay your moans a round so that no one can blame you at the time, another clever ploy, but moaning is moaning!

Its quite clear though that the wrong alliance was targetted and you werent targetted enough.. people just have to look at the current rankings. Moaning or no moaning doesnt change the fact Asc played a clever game making Denial out to be the only threat and have now benefitted from it, lets carry on disputing the obvious truth just to make you look better!
Unread 30 Nov 2008, 21:24   #465
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^ View Post
All I'll say is VenoX, you don't exactly lend yourselves to being 'liked'. Ascendancy used to be hated in the same way you lot are now

Wait, wait, wait........ People hate us on the internets? :crymeariver:
Unread 30 Nov 2008, 21:43   #466
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Someone in this thread said asc had barely any inc during last round, we aren't moaning about it at all, just had to set it straight since it was a silly thing to say.

I don't think denial was overtargeted this round, leaving them unhit for a few days has seen their roid average go from 10th to 3rd!

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2008, 22:30   #467
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Everything posted on here nowadays is either called whining or moaning. The word has lost its meaning, knock if off.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2008, 22:36   #468
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

stop whining about others whining mz!!!
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 00:34   #469
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I know it was hard to hit the tough xan gals like mine and smasher's but nobody ever really tried. Instead you just got that gal whose co-ords I don't remember with the 2 asc etds getting mass incs pretty much every night.
4:10, my gal, and the 2 etds were Rasputin and, surprise surprise,Mr "no intel" Golan
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 00:59   #470
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
TGV actually said no to it, not the other way round. TGV avoided our gals so that we would avoid their top planets, that changed however when they attempted to target one of the heavier Asc gals, at which point we vowed to remove their larger planets (this happened a week or so later, we were still busy with CT/ND at that point).
Im not sure what part of Nitz and Car talking concerned U tbh cos it was quite clear from the outset nothing would come of it, as nothing ever did, the topic was dropped after a day of discussion as no-one was interested either within, or outside TGV, with good reason. But the point stands that VenoX could not have known therewas no TGV/Asc nap as TGV members, officers, and HC (apart from kargool who disappeared) believed we had a NAP, how would the rest of the universe know different when we were all so wrong ourselves!?!

On the other things, I think since its a choice between Denial and Asc and choosing Denial means fighting asc the universe will be content with asc as winners since we cordially hate both; the lesser of 2 evils in this case is not the one hated less just the one who happens to be harder to stop at this moment in time, really Y bother fighting asc just to give denial back the top spot half the universe just fought to deprive them of?

Last edited by [B5]Londo; 1 Dec 2008 at 01:06.
[B5]Londo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 01:09   #471
VenoX

Quote:
On the other things, I think since its a choice between Denial and Asc and choosing Denial means fighting asc the universe will be content with asc as winners since we cordially hate both; the lesser of 2 evils in this case is not the one hated less just the one who happens to be harder to stop at this moment in time, really Y bother fighting asc just to give denial back the top spot half the universe just fought to deprive them of?
Quite good logic tbh, though I would guess if the universe managed to take down Ascendancy, it would be CT in prime position to take #1, not Denial.
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 01:32   #472
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

All I'll say is VenoX, you don't exactly lend yourselves to being 'liked'. Ascendancy used to be hated in the same way you lot are now, however a lot has changed, and I'd imagine it's in part due to the fact we don't moan on these forums about incoming, we get on with it in game, a lesson to be learnt?
The united forces of the universe needs me to spread asc hate
after I joined we have become the center of love.

I fully understand it!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 02:34   #473
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

This thread has just got lame.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 07:49   #474
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Quite good logic tbh, though I would guess if the universe managed to take down Ascendancy, it would be CT in prime position to take #1, not Denial.
Hahaha. No.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 07:58   #475
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post

As regards TGV, and I hope kargool doesn't mind me saying this, but when we started getting hit by vgn/nd/ct/vsn we offered (or it came up I don't remember how exactly this went) NAPs to both rock and tgv. Rock took it and we kept that one until the end of the round. TGV didn't.
i asked you for the nap as the other rock HC were not happy unless i got you or game to actually say we were napped and not just avoiding each other

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 10:16   #476
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

the universe seems to be left with a choice of helping ascendancy win, or helping denial win. Lesser of 2 evils?

The vast majority of the players i have spoken to have a great disliking for you VenoX, and on the flip side although people dislike ascendancy there is a great deal of respect for its playerbase and what it has achieved. i would say that the lesser of the 2 evils in this case would be Ascendancy

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 10:27   #477
Mzyxptlk
mz.

It was always a fight between Ascendancy and Denial. CT never goes for alliance win, their playing style (or maybe the player base) is just not so well suited to it. ND is better in this respect, but I don't believe either Denial or Ascendancy would allow them to win.
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 10:34   #478
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

After a three year or so break, it's fairly obvious that this games userbase is slowly depleting.

Grown adults arguing over who is hated more? The battle between alliances should be a match over who has the best players and partly luck (obviously someone is going to get less incs). Rather than this ongoing battle of hate because people didn't get along in previous rounds.

I probably sound like I'm having a bitch, it's just one thing I've always wanted in PA is a larger user base like back in the early rounds. I'm somehow still one of the youngest players - it has gotten that bad. However that's discussion for another section of the forum

More on topic, I see Ascendancy winning, they managed to get away with hiding production and a high roid count for too long. The rest of us were gangbashing Denial while Asc and CT had an easy run with the roids. Most of these alliances are new to me so I don't have any opinion of the current politics - maybe the next few rounds will change my mind?
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 10:39   #479
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
After a three year or so break, it's fairly obvious that this games userbase is slowly depleting.

Grown adults arguing over who is hated more? The battle between alliances should be a match over who has the best players and partly luck (obviously someone is going to get less incs). Rather than this ongoing battle of hate because people didn't get along in previous rounds.
yes it is.

But if as looks likely Asc win it will be because they have the best players, which is a generally accepted fact, as has been mentioned the dislike of Denial and Asc cancels each other out.

If previous rounds mattered everyone would be all out to stop asc as their win made for a terrible round last time for the rest of us.
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 11:33   #480
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
The bane of PA, right there.

Quote:
Politics has been a part of PA since it started and it's indeed the most interesting part.
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 13:28   #481
VenoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
The vast majority of the players i have spoken to have a great disliking for you VenoX
I dont really give a shit what a bunch of people who have never even spoken to me personally, think of me. Quite funny you seem to keep neg repping me and no one else does, I must be pretty hated, by you atleast! Maybe it was because i suggested that you were a shit useless HC and that you have no idea whats going on in PA anymore, now your holding it against me, dude, truth hurts! If you want to talk about me with ur little group of VenoX hating friends though, feel free, i like the attention, maybe even consider sending me hate mail or something i can atleast read and bask in my internet-fame.

Thanks for reporting me and getting me banned for that pathetic reason btw (I see kila calling arabs terrorists post (resa thread) is still up and he isnt banned but god forbid i suggest indians might have a sense of humour!), nice to know PA team does listen to someone in the community tho, all be it, the idiots. This post'll prolly get deleted again now i mentioned this.
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 13:41   #482
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Politics has been a part of PA since it started and it's indeed the most interesting part.
Politics is interesting, hate and grudges is not.

Comparatively, in the real world, you could consider them to be the same. Despite this I think PA would benefit from some fresh faces & new alliances to push the game forward. Advertising campaign anyone?
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 14:07   #483
Kenny

Quote:
I dont really give a shit what a bunch of people who have never even spoken to me personally, think of me.
VenoX, it's not like the people who have spoken to you personally think any higher of you than the people that haven't - don't kid yourself.
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 14:29   #484
VenoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
VenoX, it's not like the people who have spoken to you personally think any higher of you than the people that haven't - don't kid yourself.
Atleast they can make an informed decision. If you don't like me after I've told you you're a useless twat, I don't blame you, but I'm not gonna lie to you or kiss your ass because you think your somebody, but if you don't like me when you haven't spoken to me, I dont care.
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 14:37   #485
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

why do these threads always become insult hurling matches?

Zeyi is right it shouldn't be personal, the hate for alliances is institutionalized as it were; we dislike asc from envy, they trounce us so easily and make us look stupid; on the contrary we dislike denial for playing like elephants in the proverbial china shop, attacking anything that moves... both have also had 'cheating' incidents too at various times.

Last edited by [B5]Londo; 1 Dec 2008 at 14:50.
[B5]Londo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 14:49   #486
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
I dont really give a shit what a bunch of people who have never even spoken to me personally, think of me.
The real question is whether you take it into account when planning the round.

Quote:
Zeyi is right it shouldn't be personal, the hate for alliances is institutionalized as it were; we dislike asc from envy, they trounce us so easily and make us look stupid; on the contrary we dislike denial for playing like elephants in the proverbial china shop, attacking anything that moves... both have also had cheating incidents too at various times.
While I hope this does not derail the thread even more, which cheating incidents in Ascendancy are you referring to? Last I checked we make a habit of immediately removing people who get permanently closed.

Quote:
Politics is interesting, hate and grudges is not.

Comparatively, in the real world, you could consider them to be the same.
Indeed. PA is more real world than most games out there.
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 14:54   #487
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:

While I hope this does not derail the thread even more, which cheating incidents in Ascendancy are you referring to? Last I checked we make a habit of immediately removing people who get permanently closed.
U must have been writing while I edited my post to add the inverted commas round 'cheating' because the incident I was referring too was the hacking of other alliances webbys which I believe was r26, and not ingame so not cheating as such but the community regarded it as a fine excuse for an asc bash fest anyway. Underhand perhaps is a better word.... denials is memorable for ppl tho im sure
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 14:55   #488
Kenny

Quote:
By "these threads" do you mean "every thread ever featured on Alliance Discussion"?

And VenoX, that's not true. You're more than capable of spouting bullshit to somebody's face when you're trying to suck up to them - regardless of what you actually think of them.

Not saying that's a bad thing, but dont pretend to be a straight-talker when it's just not the case!
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 14:57   #489
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
By "these threads" do you mean "every thread ever featured on Alliance Discussion"?
well not quite all im sure, but a shockingly large number of them!
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 14:59   #490
VenoX

Quote:
Speaking for Kenny, I'd say he's trying to score points by following the current trend, to try and repair his own, damaged reputation. Isn't that whats the forums about after all, scoring points you can't score ingame and e-penis?

Quote:
And VenoX, that's not true. You're more than capable of spouting bullshit to somebody's face when you're trying to suck up to them - regardless of what you actually think of them.
There is a difference in you THINKING YOU ARE CLEVER and saying that I'm bullshitting (the amount of times i hear "come on you cant kid a kidder" from you was quite lol) when I'm telling the truth, and me actually bullshitting. Your ignorance and/or arrogance doesn't mean I'm lying. I say things how I see it, some people love me for it, some people hate me.

Last edited by VenoX; 1 Dec 2008 at 15:10.
VenoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 15:05   #491
VenoX

Quote:
Forgive me if I'm wrong (I'm not), isn't elviz in Ascendancy this round? You recruited one of the most notorious rule-benders (and proven-multiple-times. permanently closed, cheat) in PA. Come on, people aren't that blind mz

Apologies for the double post, you folks reply too quickly.
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 15:07   #492
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX
Speaking for Kenny, I'd say he's trying to score points by following the current trend, to try and repair his own, damaged reputation. Isn't that whats the forums about after all, scoring points you can't score ingame and e-penis?
If it is, then you fail @ the forums.

And thanks VenoX, but I'm quite capable of speaking for myself!

And in all fairness - do you not think I have enough of a personal gripe to make comments without them being part of any 'trends'? And there's nothing 'damaged' about my reputation my dear Llama - except in the eyes of you and yours. Botheredmuch? Not particularly.

Unlike you, I've been around here long enough for people to have formed opinions of me that aren't just based on 3 rounds of being an arrogant prick and a cheating one at that. I know that there's probably not a single person out there who's opinion of me I can change by a few simple forum posts, so I dont try.

Besides, I have a huge penis - you can keep your electronics
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 15:07   #493
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:
U must have been writing while I edited my post to add the inverted commas round 'cheating' because the incident I was referring too was the hacking of other alliances webbys which I believe was r26, and not ingame so not cheating as such but the community regarded it as a fine excuse for an asc bash fest anyway. Underhand perhaps is a better word....
It wasnt asc it was nox, afaik anyway....
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 15:12   #494
Kenny

It was NoX. Everyone blamed Asc then bashed them - at which point NoX were like "Oh yeah, that was kinda us..."
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 15:15   #495
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Yeah, NoX were awesome. I liked them. Also, Kenny, VenoX has never been closed for cheating to my knowledge and certainly not in the last 3 rounds. You should withdraw the comment accusing him of such.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 15:15   #496
VenoX

Quote:
Unlike you, I've been around here long enough for people to have formed opinions of me that aren't just based on 3 rounds of being an arrogant prick and a cheating one at that.
A cheat, sorry, what? Care to explain that?
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 15:16   #497
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
U must have been writing while I edited my post to add the inverted commas round 'cheating' because the incident I was referring too was the hacking of other alliances webbys which I believe was r26, and not ingame so not cheating as such but the community regarded it as a fine excuse for an asc bash fest anyway. Underhand perhaps is a better word.... denials is memorable for ppl tho im sure
I believe the guy responsible for the 'cheating' was either never in Ascendancy, or kicked as per my earlier post. I have to admit I'm not sure on this, I'll happily eat my words if anyone can correct me. JBG is better at remembering past rounds than I am.

Quote:
Forgive me if I'm wrong (I'm not), isn't elviz in Ascendancy this round? You recruited one of the most notorious rule-benders (and proven-multiple-times. permanently closed, cheat) in PA. Come on, people aren't that blind mz .
Personally I was against elviz joining for his history. The only way to weed out cheaters is by refusing them when they apply to alliances.

The pedant in me wants me to point out that I referred to cheating in Ascendancy; elviz has never cheated in Ascendancy. Yes, I know, I know, don't say anything.
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 15:20   #498
Kenny

Quote:
A cheat, sorry, what? Care to explain that?
Oh that's right, you were never caught. Withdrawn.

Last edited by Kenny; 1 Dec 2008 at 15:26.
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 15:37   #499
VenoX

Quote:
Oh that's right, you were never caught. Withdrawn.
So you're accusing me of cheating? without any evidence at all?
Unread 1 Dec 2008, 15:42   #500
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

ITS OK VENOX I STILL THINK YOU'RE CUTE AND FLUFFY <3

This mek character has always been terrible at pa, pay no attention.

Kenny well i've seen this kids name being mentioned ever since pia, the less said the better.

YOU GUYS NEED TO LEAVE MY VENOX ALONE YOU'RE NOT BEING VERY NICE!

You remind me of Irvine from fang, good at the game, know your shit, good group of players behind you, but a little too emo.

ITS OK THOUGH VENOX KEEP YOUR HEAD HIGH FOR THE END IS NEAR.