User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Jun 2006, 23:57   #1
System
System

System is a glorious beacon of lightSystem is a glorious beacon of lightSystem is a glorious beacon of lightSystem is a glorious beacon of lightSystem is a glorious beacon of lightSystem is a glorious beacon of light
Expansion to the game PLZ

Hi guys not sure what people think but wouldt it be nice to see more intresting things coming into play i would say mainly in the way of more races would be nice then the format can stay the same but there is more variables. i am not sure what there specific skills would be but think it would be nice to have a wider range of races.

also covert ops are good but more tactical warfare is nice i say (contraversaly) bring back MINES!!! and maybe bring in ships that are decoys or bombs looking like normall ships??
System is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 00:57   #2
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Re: Expansion to the game PLZ

Garbage
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 01:11   #3
wielklem
retired

wielklem is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree with judge
r3-r5 nub r8-r17, r19 tot/lch nub, r20-r22 CT nub, r23 inactive ToF
wielklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 01:24   #4
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Either of you care to explain why instead of just posting crap?

The problem with adding mines is that it essentially acts as PDS, which is inherently crap for the reasons stated repeatedly on this forum. So unfortunatly I can't find myself in favour of the suggestion to add mines.

As for adding new races, I think it's pretty well balanced at the moment - and there aren't any viable ideas at present for the mechanics of a new race. The universe is pretty much cornered by the current four: heavy armour, EMP, cloaking and stealing.
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 02:05   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
The problem with adding mines is that it essentially acts as PDS, which is inherently crap for the reasons stated repeatedly on this forum. So unfortunatly I can't find myself in favour of the suggestion to add mines.
Ah, when he said Mines i was thinking of the things that produce resources, not the blowing-up-of ships type thing. I thought; well, if there are Mines then there will be Minors, and PA Players would just love that!!

Well, actually more like GD

Quote:
As for adding new races, I think it's pretty well balanced at the moment - and there aren't any viable ideas at present for the mechanics of a new race. The universe is pretty much cornered by the current four: heavy armour, EMP, cloaking and stealing.
Well, there is Subversion and double-initiative are two that i have thought of in the past, but indeed furball is right (!!) - there is a very real limit to how many races PA can support with something resembling the current Ship Stats.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 11:32   #6
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Well, there is Subversion and double-initiative are two that i have thought of in the past, but indeed furball is right (!!) - there is a very real limit to how many races PA can support with something resembling the current Ship Stats.
I quite like the idea of double initiatives, perhaps this could be explored a little further. Might msn you in a bit about it.
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 13:04   #7
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

If you really want to get more diversity, i think you'd be looking into specific leader characteristics a ruler can choose. I.e. merchant who gets more resources out of his roids, warlord who has a offense advantage, diplomat who has a defensive advantage etc etc. (yes for the fanatic gamers out here, i know there are several games out there which use such 2-level tactics to create more diversity to keep things interesting and refreshing even if you are a 5+ round veteran).

However, going in that direction would change the game dramatically (though it might not be bad), and would obviously take a long time to develop as it has to be very well balanced before ever leaving the drawing board. I still believe its a thing that should be investigated, as you can get alot more interest from ppl by offering several different ways to play a race. I know it would make the game more complicated, but on the other hand there will (potentially) be alot more ppl who will stick around because they can fit the game to their own playing style.
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 14:00   #8
Aragno
xVx techie

Aragno will become famous soon enoughAragno will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
If you really want to get more diversity, i think you'd be looking into specific leader characteristics a ruler can choose. I.e. merchant who gets more resources out of his roids, warlord who has a offense advantage, diplomat who has a defensive advantage etc etc.
Now this is an idea I'd love to beta test
Aragno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 15:32   #9
furball

I remain fully in favour of micro-management (e.g. control resource production and your country's economy, in return be able to get more resources), but the current developers of PA don't appear to be especially interested. I guess it's just me and Soveh left to plug it in every thread of this type
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 15:42   #10
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I guess it's just me and Soveh left to plug it in every thread of this type
You have my support! it would certainly allow for far more ppl to be interested in the game, as there (in the ideal case) would be many ways to get to a top planet without actually destroying the game itself (by removing the need to fight wars). This in turn would mean ALOT more gamers can be reached as they can all find a way to play the game as they enjoy, without being forced to play it in only one way (as it currently is). Problem is that it would mean a big overhaul of the game design (if there actually is one ), but imo well worth the effort.
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 21:51   #11
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

science/war for all four races ?
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 22:55   #12
Linoge
Andre LiNoGe

Linoge will become famous soon enoughLinoge will become famous soon enough

maybe bring back resource advantages for being minister's again. instead of just having a special colour on galaxy and an extra screen to open.

and maybe bring back a ship for every race that steals i.e like the scorp for Cath

R4 EL
R5 Elysium
R6 TX
R7 vVv
R13 VGN
R14 Reunion
R15 LCH
R16 Subh
R17 Angels
R18 NewDawn DC
R19 NewDawn DC
Linoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 15:14   #13
Spetzer
Just a *****

Spetzer is infamous around these partsSpetzer is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoge
maybe bring back resource advantages for being minister's again. instead of just having a special colour on galaxy and an extra screen to open.

and maybe bring back a ship for every race that steals i.e like the scorp for Cath
I agree the steal ship part. Give ziks 1 emp ship in exchange so theyll be happy too
Spetzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 17:30   #14
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spetzer
I agree the steal ship part. Give ziks 1 emp ship in exchange so theyll be happy too
We tried it in Round 14, it didn't work. I doubt we'll be repeating it again.