User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Jun 2006, 15:23   #1
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough
Fleets format easier

I'd like to see a summary of fleets and what ships are in it, it could be put at the bottom of the fleets page.

This to make it easier to copy paste fleets into battle calcs.
Now you have on missions:
ALPHA
Beetle Corvette Fighter Emp 19
Viper Corvette Destroyer Emp 72
Thief Corvette Fighter Steal 254

This would be copied to the fleet page, without the classes and types:
ALPHA
Beetle 19
Viper 72
Thief 254

I daresay most people will agree to this as it's a pain to always have to delete those 3 words to put something in a bcalc, which almost takes as long as adding them by hand.
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 15:25   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Fleets format easier

The targeting info can be useful, if anything its a failing of the bcalc's rather than a problem with the fleet display
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 15:33   #3
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
The targeting info can be useful, if anything its a failing of the bcalc's rather than a problem with the fleet display
If the bcalcs don't do anything about it, why shouldn't pa. The classes are still always at missions page!

So i mean, also add a quick overview of ships to fleet page. Don't delete the missions one!

If this would be done, then to make it complete, remove comma's. so not Phantom 1,312,444 but Phantom 1312444.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 08:09   #4
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Link
I daresay most people will agree to this as it's a pain to always have to delete those 3 words to put something in a bcalc, which almost takes as long as adding them by hand.
Guess you're just using the wrong battlecalc the one I use, just ignores those words when I paste them in.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 20:05   #5
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

There's only one that does it... students.bath or something? But suppose I like another calc better, it'd just come in handy.. and it's not that hard to code.
Unread 29 Jun 2006, 07:47   #6
Aragno
xVx techie

Aragno will become famous soon enoughAragno will become famous soon enough

I'll put it on my todo list.

should be a simple regexp

Code:
(shipname0|shipnameN)\s+\w{2}\s+\w{2}\s+(\d+)
Just of the top of my mind. Will check it tonight and update

Hmm Seems I was thinking of another page
Spider FI CO 200

For your original:
Beetle Corvette Fighter Emp 19

This shoud do the trick
Code:
(shipname0|shipnameN)\s+\w+\s+\w+\s+(?:Emp|Norm|Steal)\s+(\d+)

[xVx]

Last edited by Aragno; 29 Jun 2006 at 09:05.
Aragno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2006, 08:01   #7
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

We provide information on a page in the most useful format for that page. If external software wishes to make use of that information in a manner that does not violate the EULA that is fine - however we should not design the game to fit that external software.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2006, 08:56   #8
Aragno
xVx techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
We provide information on a page in the most useful format for that page. If external software wishes to make use of that information in a manner that does not violate the EULA that is fine - however we should not design the game to fit that external software.
Totaly agree.

[xVx]
Unread 29 Jun 2006, 22:40   #9
Aragno
xVx techie

http://beta.5th-element.org/ is now updated to handle misson "scans".

[xVx]
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 08:47   #10
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
True... but It'd be handy to be able to copy paste fleets into ALL bcalcs, and be honest, it's not that much work at all. I think a summary of ship types & numbers per fleet would fit well on the fleet page. Now there is nothing yet, and adding it won't hurt anyone (unless 5 mins coding hurts you that much )