User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 19 Dec 2013, 11:44   #1
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Remove the galaxy fund

In the current game, the galaxy fund is used more for abusive purposes (staying small intentionally) rather than its intended function; helping your new/crashed galaxy mates (back) up. While something being used differently than what developers had in mind for it isn't a bad thing in itself, these days the galaxy fund is mostly used by Covert Op planets and late-signups to stay as small as possible, preventing retaliation and thereby limiting player interaction to maximize their personal benefit. Removing the galaxy fund is in my mind a step in the right direction.

If still deemed useful, the ability to donate to your galaxymates could be retained as a planet-to-planet donation, limited by an amount relative to your Mining income similar to the Alliance Fund currently. Current limitations of score would still apply, of course.

As for exiles, in my opinion exiling shouldn't have a resource cost to it, neither for the galaxy nor for self-exiles, but could come directly from the GC/Ministers while self-exiling simply costs resources rather than being donated to the fund.

For the moment, I recommend that the Galaxy Fund's limit is lowered to 5-10 million resources total, to limit its impact on the game until the developers have found more time to deal with it.

tl;dr: nerf Galaxy fund
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2013, 16:44   #2
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about
Re: Remove the galaxy fund

-1000!

- How is the fund expected to have resources if noone can donate?
- If noone donates, then theres nothing there to help those crashers/crashed upon.
- Players staying low takes up a gal spot with no real use besides pushing to fund / Cov oping, is almost the same as if he went for value. (except galaxy has 3 fleets less to use.) Not sure i would call that a benefit.

I see no reason to remove these options. Let the nubs or less time fortunate play like they want. Rather see cov ops removed.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2013, 04:51   #3
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

I answered your first two points already. As for your last point, if it were really not that beneficial then why have all three top galaxies had a planet at one point stay as small as possible? Round after round this strategy has proven to be worth it to some extent, and it is not a good interaction in my opinion.

Removing covert ops is not something I oppose, but it has been made clear that it is not an option therefore other parts of the game will have to adapt.
Unread 20 Dec 2013, 08:55   #4
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

maybe some sort of use for population. i remember a few rounds ago there was a population counter, which increased as the round went. so planets with high value/roids have more population and produce more CU and RP. So over time the population of the planet increases obviously the faster you accumulate value the faster your planet growth, to stop planets getting donations and getting instant population growth at the same time. and if they get incs or whatever the population slows in growth. rather than nerf covops make people who play entire round benefit in some way
Unread 25 Dec 2013, 21:28   #5
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

I don't think this is a good idea. There are many reasons for people to put stuff in the galaxy fund and it's open to every galaxy to use as they want.

What I could put my support behind in this regard, is a change in the maximum donation you can get from the gal fund. It's currently 50 mill total, a maximum of 20 mill total seems more appropriate.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2014, 11:37   #6
RLGambit

RLGambit will become famous soon enoughRLGambit will become famous soon enough
Re: Remove the galaxy fund - REFORM the gal fund

I agree 100% with Zotnam.

We all hear about alliances abusing this by giving an experienced player 50M, and effectively creating juggernauts within alliances. The gal fund donations have been abused much more than actually used as intended.

In addition, new players are able to receive bonuses based upon the current tick of the round - this helps make up for the fact that they joined late.

Therefore, a 50M donation is unnecessary and I agree that capping the amount able to be given out should be limited to a more reasonable amount, such as 10-20M per 200 ticks (50k-100k per tick).

- Gambit
RLGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2014, 14:57   #7
aif
old spy

aif has a spectacular aura aboutaif has a spectacular aura about

well iam one of does that use the galaxy fund as a cov op, and i have to say its hard work, its alot harder then playing normaly and takes ALOT more time, this round i think we have the most cov op in a long time, and finding targets have been tricky.

but i would have changed races that gets the most out of it, change Cathar and xan would help alot (give xan + stealth each tick and being the best cov op)

as cathar you have cov op bank transfer around tick 46 if you go straight for it and tick 53-56 as core 1 first. (50 mil if you dont miss one singel tick around tick 156)

xan it would have been tick 99-107 or something like that. even as demo.

one other thing i would look on is planets that just signup and take startup bonus and go core 1 and 2 and never log back in.

cov op is ealy counterd with in the game, faster auto exileing and look into each planet being cov oped might be a better idea insted of trying to fix galaxy fund.
aif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2014, 15:58   #8
Patrikc

You've yet to give an argument for allowing a covert op planet to hide (up to) 500k value in a place where it's not doing anything.
Unread 24 Jan 2014, 16:48   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Because it's fun.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2014, 16:54   #10
RLGambit

RLGambit will become famous soon enoughRLGambit will become famous soon enough

I think it's taking advantage of a flawed system. Fun for some people? I guess... but it doesn't enhance the overall game and generally pisses everyone else off.
RLGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2014, 22:54   #11
TheoDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
You've yet to give an argument for allowing a covert op planet to hide (up to) 500k value in a place where it's not doing anything.
Because it is hard work, and gains from your targets are limitted based on your value.
Unread 25 Jan 2014, 00:56   #12
Patrikc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
Because it is hard work, and gains from your targets are limitted based on your value.
It is based on your value to allow smaller planets to steal more while bigger planets can't steal too much on top of their roids. The entire basis of this is circumvented by hiding resources/value in the galaxy fund. Resources/ship productions have value for a reason; so you can't hide from half the universe while you continue stocking or bashing idlers/newbies, and the same should be true for covert ops. You should take part of the game and covert op on the side to strengthen your planet. It shouldn't be your planet for a large part of the round.

It's laughable that you call covopping "hard work".
Unread 25 Jan 2014, 01:10   #13
TheoDD

how can you say its laughable? you need on the hour activity, you need to constantly search for decent targs. Would love to see stats of how efficient the top 20 cov opers this round are... See what they have gained from X cov ops. Pretty sure it will be high variety in the stats / gains pr cov op for each player.
Unread 25 Jan 2014, 07:02   #14
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Optimal covopping is hard work as you have to be awake at all hours, suboptimal where you miss out on a covop or two every night is not very hard and still very very good(only getting beaten by hard covoppers and the absolute top avg roids). I dont see a reason for the galaxy fund being 50 million. 10-15 mill should be enough for exiles and trading
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2014, 08:23   #15
Patrikc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
how can you say its laughable? you need on the hour activity, you need to constantly search for decent targs. Would love to see stats of how efficient the top 20 cov opers this round are... See what they have gained from X cov ops. Pretty sure it will be high variety in the stats / gains pr cov op for each player.
It's laughable because DCing to maintain a top planet costs way more time than simply looking for a few targets every day and covopping them.

Last time I covopped I had 3 idle planets that I cycled through every 6 ticks for several days, and made 500k resources a tick with that (which would be 400k after the nerf). This is about as much as having 800 roids and 2-3 core researches done. Oh yes, very hard to come online every 2 hours, look at Kia, do a few scans and enter coordinates and at 50-75mil resources spend it all and become a top planet.

It's definitely not for everyone since, as you pointed out, you need to be online more often. But only for a few minutes at a time, or 30 seconds if you're being efficient.
Unread 25 Jan 2014, 10:05   #16
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
Last time I covopped I had 3 idle planets that I cycled through every 6 ticks for several days, and made 500k resources a tick with that (which would be 400k after the nerf).
i knew it was you
j/k

i never understood what covops add to the game, nor did i ever try it
why we have it ? why we even expand it ?

remove covops and you can keep the galaxy fund as it is

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote