User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk

Unread 30 Apr 2013, 15:14   #1
Firebird

P and #support

Can someone explain to me how these people in #support keep said positions.

I kindly explained to them tonight that if there was no IRC there would be no PA as it is the community that keeps the game alive. Pretty much all alliances rely on IRC, and Bots.

So comes to my point after finally receiving some incoming I log on to IRC to find myself in a room with two others, after finally realising P was down, I started trying to figure out wtf to do????

I was point in the direction of a new server (30-40 mins later) yet things were not operating correctly as you can imagine and hourly tick based game I had missed my chance for getting def.

This is when I decided to speak to our helpful #support I arrived there and was greeted by Munroe who gave me a logical answer that there had been no decision yet a roll back would be likely, made sense to me as the game needs Mirc to function.

I returned to #support at more western friendly hour to talk #support again to be greeted by the ever unhelpful Lunar Lamp who kindly informed me that Mirc was nothing to do with IRC so deal with it, I presume Lunar has VNC to everyone when he plays as I cannot figure out how he operates to org def etc.

This is my whine over with I just felt like highlighting how utterly unhelpful you truly were.

Regards

Firebird
Unread 30 Apr 2013, 15:20   #2
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice
Re: P and #support

its harder without irc but not impossible, you can still sms people manually and use ingame mail
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2013, 15:30   #3
Firebird

Plaguuu as explained pal by the time I was able to get into a channel to be able to get links etc I had 5 mins at 3am.

Nothing was going to save me at that point :P I was not the only one in this boat.
Unread 30 Apr 2013, 15:47   #4
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Im saying that you don't HAVE to be on irc to manageincs, its just harder to do it with ingame tools. In war you have to manage with what you got, not complain about what you don't have.
Unread 30 Apr 2013, 15:49   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Here's what should've been done in my most humble opinion: At 22:15, NetGamers broke. At 23:15, someone from PA Team should've been talking to someone from NetGamers, been told that the issue would persist for the rest of the night (as indeed it did), paused ticks and disabled logins. Ticks should've restarted 24 hours later, with logins opening at the same time.

However, it's been a long while since we last had serious techical trouble, so I'm not really sure what the PA downtime procedure is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Lunar Lamp who kindly informed me that Mirc was nothing to do with IRC
That's an incredibly shit way to respond when it is clear that the problem is on NetGamers' end, and that you're dealing with someone who's just confusing two words, not the two concepts of 'an IRC client' and 'the IRC protocol'.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2013, 16:28   #6
Firebird

Plaguu pal, you spend one night trying to get def only using PA tools see how that works out.
Unread 30 Apr 2013, 17:24   #7
Plaguuu

Done that several times in the past with a alliance bot down and members not on irc, or for gal def where its quite common to sms and call every single one you want def from
And had some small incs myself this night.

And pausing the game for a day could be smth they should have done. But you should always try to manage with what you got
And the lunar lamp irc thingy was just stupid ofc..
Unread 30 Apr 2013, 17:54   #8
Firebird

At 3am pal you have zero chance of covering anything with ingame tools, Have been around far to long to told otherwise.
Unread 14 May 2013, 10:44   #9
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Or you could have sent a message to your alliance telling ppl to join <insert random free open irc server here> for the time being. Solved
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote