User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Apr 2007, 14:51   #1
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice
Creation of new galaxies

There is a new option in Politics now to vote for a galaxy disband, and I think it is a shiny idea. Only downside is, when the whole gal is inactive, it won't really happen any soon anyway...

Nevertheless... When, say, gal 3:5 is disbanded, there will be no more 3:5 gal in the rest of the round, right? I think it would be a nice idea for people to "apply for a new galaxy membership" when they have voted a disband. What I mean is, when people who have either self exiled, been exiled, or been "kicked" from a gal because it's disbanded, return to the game (i.e. go out of c200), they could be placed in a new galaxy if they wished so. If they don't tick the box (or any other way to implement that option), then they'll simply return to an "old" gal with empty spots, just like it was done until now.

Ideas?
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 14:57   #2
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Creation of new galaxies

Sounds pretty abusable. However I am in favour of more, smaller, galaxies.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 15:00   #3
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice

I don't well see how abusable that would be, as landing in any new galaxy would be as random as landing in not new ones...

Re-using dead gal coords seems only fair, as indeed it will end up having more, smaller galaxies. Totally losing disbanded ones tends to create less, bigger gals.

There could be also barriers to prevent "abuse" (like people who were together in a disbanded gal should not land together again in the same gal, or whatever else...), but that's about all I can see about abuse there... Maybe I'm not twisted enough to see where people would abuse this
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 16:04   #4
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

I can just see 10 or so players getting exiled all at once (by making themselves GC or simply playing without IRC or actively etc) and then all ticking this box and entering the universe at the same time. Effectively private galaxies.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 17:03   #5
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I like the idea, I'm sure you could perhaps put limitations, such as exiles into a new gal can't be from same ally, and if disbanded, they don't get put back in with the same people.