User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 23 Sep 2016, 17:41   #1
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Alliance counting members

The number of players playing this game is growing smaller and smaller. This is not a discussion/request regarding alliance tag limit, so please dont mention it or anything since its been discussed too many times.

What I would like to see is that everyone in the alliance counts towards the alliance score in order to determine who the #1 alliance is at the end of the round. Having 40 or 50 members counting out of 60 is kinda pointless and encourages defence planets a lot more and makes them more powerful due to the alliance fleet that exists in the game. More organized alliance such as Ultores benefit the most from the counting limit with the ally fleet option. I think the game should remove the counting limit and have everyone count towards the alliance score. This will make def planets crashing to defend their target more painful especially if the alliance uses ally fleet to crash-defend.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2016, 19:13   #2
Sandvold

Sandvold will become famous soon enoughSandvold will become famous soon enough
Re: Alliance counting members

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDrax View Post
The number of players playing this game is growing smaller and smaller. This is not a discussion/request regarding alliance tag limit, so please dont mention it or anything since its been discussed too many times.

What I would like to see is that everyone in the alliance counts towards the alliance score in order to determine who the #1 alliance is at the end of the round. Having 40 or 50 members counting out of 60 is kinda pointless and encourages defence planets a lot more and makes them more powerful due to the alliance fleet that exists in the game. More organized alliance such as Ultores benefit the most from the counting limit with the ally fleet option. I think the game should remove the counting limit and have everyone count towards the alliance score. This will make def planets crashing to defend their target more painful especially if the alliance uses ally fleet to crash-defend.
Yes!

Don't care if tag limit is 30,40,50 or 60, but make all members count!
Sandvold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2016, 20:41   #3
Xerxes

Xerxes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDrax View Post

I totally agree, but if you think Ultores benefits from the current system, you should look at KIA... If all members counted - our lead over #2 would be 15 million score bigger (edit, was written before it ticked - I was comparing us to Rainbows obviously). But the roles were reversed 3 rounds agoo - we kept being in the running for #1 becuase when the block kept hitting us - we could sacrifise 20 planets without any cost, and focus on defending top 40. This lead to us being competetive for ally win through the end - but way behind on total score. So, who will benefit is not clear - and will depend on the politics of the round.

But who benefits shouldn't be the issue.

I totally agree, that suicide defence (or attacks) should come with a cost for the alliance that want to pursue such tactics. At the moment, it doesn't if you only use planets ranked 41-60.

Last edited by Xerxes; 23 Sep 2016 at 21:11.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2016, 14:57   #4
Joepys

Joepys will become famous soon enoughJoepys will become famous soon enough

I totally agree with Rex-Drax! All planets should count towards Ally score.

To bad we can't discuss Tag sizes !

[HA]
[P3ng]
[FANG]
[Vikings]
[Faceless]
Joepys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2016, 21:23   #5
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Shouldn't this thread be in "planetarion suggestions" where it can be ignored?

That aside, people will always adapt and in the end i don't think there will be any sagnificant difference if the taglimit is this or that or if you increase or decrease the number of counting members towards score. The issue is this; the alliance communities are too big compared to the total amount of players. The communities are what's keeping this game alive.

There isn't really any other "fix" to that than to increase the number of players(and i don't mean adding "bots", since that would just keep the community-size percentage the same). Adding players has been the main concern since p2p got introduced, and i think the conclusion is that you can't add new people at any sagnificant rate to a spreadsheet browser game. The game ain't "broken", it's just a 1st genereation online game in a 5th generation online world. Much like gaming consoles; NES used to be the shit, suddenly everyone is playing xBox one or PS4. Some people still enjoy to play around with the NES, but the ones hooked on ps4 won't swap that out for a NES, no matter how hard you try.

Point being; don't mess too much with the setup. If you break up the communities you will lose players, and with noone really coming in to replace them...

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2016, 21:53   #6
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

@Chimpie
yeah maybe, I was too lazy to move it and it probably doesnt make a huge difference

@Joepys
Its been discussed a lot of times already

Quote:
Welcome to Round 69 - Shattered Time Fri, 07 Oct 16:01:08

Welcome, all, to Round 69 - Shattered Time!

As before:

Buddy Packs are limited to 4 (or 3 and a late joiner in tick 336) - this must be done before the shuffle on the morning of Saturday, 15th October.
Alliances are limited to 60, with only 40 counting.

Races and ship stats are FINAL.

Major changes:

Alliance Defense fleets can only be shared 30 times in a 24 hour period (excluding cancelled fleets).
Alliance wars are now more profitable, with your primary target alliance generating 25% more XP from combat and all the target's allied alliances generating 15% more XP from combat (was 20% and 10%)
Pods can now not be stolen through covert opping
Dist counts are now available in intel and populated based on the latest dev scan or failed scan - this is not editable.

For a list of other changes, please visit our changelog.

Best of luck this round!

PA Team
So looks like we got ally limit at 60 and 40 counting...but but...they made other changes which of course (afaik) they never talked about anywhere else.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote