User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 28 Apr 2012, 13:54   #51
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Re: FAnG official Announcement

Wolf gave GM 24 hours notice.
I guess the mistake is that we didn't post it on AD to make it official?
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 13:57   #52
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Of course he did. GM just decided to keep it to himself and let the rest of the alliance be surprised by the pre-launches.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 14:02   #53
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikee View Post
your problem is exactly that your an egotistical twat, stop sharing the crack pipe with b-bitch3r. Ever heard the saying "cant beat em ? join em !" well thats what were doing playing to your level

You will never come up to my level

You are nothing but an abuser and a cheat
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 14:20   #54
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

actually i would say anyone who has played PA since ULtores started can see they are playing beneath themselves.... almost like an off round.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 14:42   #55
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
actually i would say anyone who has played PA since ULtores started can see they are playing beneath themselves.... almost like an off round.
Lol, they are playing at their normal level, just because the univers wont let them walk away with the win once more dosnt mean they decided to take an off round.
I still think they will win, but this round has shown that they will struggle when thet have to work for a win. So far in the rounds theyve played they has shown us that they are better than ND/ct most of the time, but nothing more than that

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 15:15   #56
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Last time i heard a top alliance having an off-round said alliance was being ganged up on from PT100 (Apprime, r42). One can't help but think the 2 are related.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 15:24   #57
Wolf_FIN
aka Werewolf

Wolf_FIN is infamous around these parts

Well i cant officially announce anything , the decission to hit ct 100% was made after my talks with gm, but i warned him. in advance
-Werewolf
r6 31:18:4 Wolf_Fin of [Cell]BC/[Deus]
r7 23:6:11 Fenris of [RaH]BC
r8 21:7:6 Fenris of Howling Bloodlust 31mill 2,8k rocks [RaH]BC
r9 41:10:9 M33pM33p of The roidrunner[RaH]BC
R9.5 33:2:9 The Love Boat Will Be Making Another Run 3543 37.991.952 [LDK]
r 20 2 5 11 TheLoveBoat IsComeingForYou Zik 821 [RaH] VGN
r 26 8:2:6 Werewolf NoX Zik 1736 6116805
R 46 FaNG BC/DC
Wolf_FIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 15:26   #58
Knight

Knight is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
I have no problem with blocks attacking us (though I do find it mildly amusing that we have had to listen to Ult/xVx and co laughing at CT for blocking previously, such as last round, and 'not having the skill to take on Ult' that as soon as Ult are the ones in third place, they block. How many times did Ult and co state 'don't block, just get better'. I just find it ironic ).
Key point here, ult in third place join a block, whereas CT fang ND and random other shit had their block and ult when they were 1st, 2nd, 3rd/4th. so its definitely nowhere near the same situation. Specially considering Ult has never had a value lead this round due to early incs.

Ultores peon
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 15:40   #59
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
Lol, they are playing at their normal level, just because the univers wont let them walk away with the win once more dosnt mean they decided to take an off round.
I still think they will win, but this round has shown that they will struggle when thet have to work for a win. So far in the rounds theyve played they has shown us that they are better than ND/ct most of the time, but nothing more than that
Maybe you should read up on r44 then
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 15:46   #60
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Key point here, ult in third place join a block, whereas CT fang ND and random other shit had their block and ult when they were 1st, 2nd, 3rd/4th. so its definitely nowhere near the same situation. Specially considering Ult has never had a value lead this round due to early incs.
I am talking about last round when there was loads of whining about fang/ct in 2nd/3rd blocking against ult in 1st, and it kept being said that fang/ct should get better instead of blocking.

However, I have np with Ult, I would have done the same.

Infact, I would have done the same as nearly all alliances this round.

The exception being FaNG have mistimed it and are a week early, or late.

It has been very predictable and I am pretty sure I know how it will turn out...
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 15:52   #61
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
No - the only difference is that CT (always) gave fair notice when ending a NAP. FAnG now joins xVx on the list of "alliances not to be trusted".

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 16:25   #62
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Last time i heard a top alliance having an off-round said alliance was being ganged up on from PT100 (Apprime, r42). One can't help but think the 2 are related.
wouldn't know about app in rnd 42, but I can confirm that several in ult did become "less" active after tick 200 or so - wether it being the bash or RL issues or something else I wouldn't know - but I guess the incitament to get bugged several times during night to launch / recall /launch - when you're holding 300 roids and still getting 6 waved, most likely is gone.
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 16:29   #63
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
Maybe you should read up on r44 then
Yeah they were better than ND/CT that round too, in the end?
What are you trying to tell us?
This round CT/FAnG/ND decide to do something about the xVx/Ultores block early on, and Ultores have struggled so far.

Unread 28 Apr 2012, 16:33   #64
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yeah they were better than ND/CT that round too, in the end?
What are you trying to tell us?
This round CT/FAnG/ND decide to do something about the xVx/Ultores block early on, and Ultores have struggled so far.
nd/ct/app actually, seems you didn't bother to check it

You are forgetting both tgv and app also hit us at the start of the round, and there wouldn't be any xvx/ult block had you not blocked in the first place.
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 17:33   #65
Cartman
eXilition seXyness

Cartman has a spectacular aura aboutCartman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

You are forgetting both tgv and app also hit us at the start of the round, and there wouldn't be any xvx/ult block had you not blocked in the first place.
The block was CT/TGV(20peopletag)/FAnG/ND.. App was never a part of the block, why they hit you I guess ull have to ask CT about..
[Spore] ~ High Council
[Norsemen] ~ Chief
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 17:57   #66
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
The block was CT/TGV(20peopletag)/FAnG/ND.. App was never a part of the block, why they hit you I guess ull have to ask CT about..
Well done on not reading what he posted and talking about the wrong round!

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 18:02   #67
Cartman
eXilition seXyness

Cartman has a spectacular aura aboutCartman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
Well done on not reading what he posted and talking about the wrong round!
If you check the quote he referred to the last statment regarding the block is about this rounds block.. And as well he mentions TGV which wasnt playing last round when fang played. So I belive I was correct.
[Spore] ~ High Council
[Norsemen] ~ Chief
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 18:04   #68
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I am talking about last round when there was loads of whining about fang/ct in 2nd/3rd blocking against ult in 1st, and it kept being said that fang/ct should get better instead of blocking.
There was? I genuinely do not remember this.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 18:08   #69
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
If you check the quote he referred to the last statment regarding the block is about this rounds block.. And as well he mentions TGV which wasnt playing last round when fang played. So I belive I was correct.
Fang didn't play round 44, which is where his mention of CT/ND/App comes from.

Then he talked about this round, and TGV and App did also hit us early on - he doesn't say App were part of your supersecret club.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 18:11   #70
Mikee
Furious Angel

Mikee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You will never come up to my level

You are nothing but an abuser and a cheat
yeah because being called a kiddie fiddler is so much better then being called an abuser and a cheat
Mikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 20:00   #71
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:

Yeah, u beat the 30-40 man tag Apprime too, well done.

Unread 28 Apr 2012, 20:20   #72
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Yeah, u beat the 30-40 man tag Apprime too, well done.
THANK YOU.

The point was, that round required much more effort and we had a lot more incs then than what we have had this round.
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 21:09   #73
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
THANK YOU.

The point was, that round required much more effort and we had a lot more incs then than what we have had this round.
Well clearly Ultores/xVx were smaller, and their teamwork was prolly not as good as it is today back then, so it mightve taken more effort.
And the ship stats couldve been very diffrent, i dont know.

Unread 28 Apr 2012, 21:16   #74
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Well clearly Ultores/xVx were smaller, and their teamwork was prolly not as good as it is today back then, so it mightve taken more effort.
And the ship stats couldve been very diffrent, i dont know.
Of course you know, they change every round!

And i really don't see how xvx/ult are so AMAZING compared to anyone else who is working together..
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 21:38   #75
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Of course you know, they change every round!

And i really don't see how xvx/ult are so AMAZING compared to anyone else who is working together..
They are not that more amazing that other that works together, but others that work together works together in the interest of their own alliance, ie the whole point with this thread.

Unread 28 Apr 2012, 21:45   #76
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
They are not that more amazing that other that works together, but others that work together works together in the interest of their own alliance, ie the whole point with this thread.
Then xvx must feel its in their best interest to work with us
Unread 28 Apr 2012, 21:58   #77
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Then xvx must feel its in their best interest to work with us
Well you know what i mean, they dont care if its Ultores or xVx that wins.
CT and FAnG ie, both want to win, and they know they cant, so they wont be cooporating the whole round.

Unread 28 Apr 2012, 22:56   #78
Lucifer

Lucifer is infamous around these partsLucifer is infamous around these parts

Fang and CT are both BITCHES!!!!!

1) Why did CT ever NAP with Fhu ang in the first place? In just a few days time, you went from 2nd ally to first with a damn good lead. If you continued with what you were doing just after your declaration of war, this wouldn't even be an issue. It was your own god damn fault for NAPing with Fang.

2) Fang, grow a pair. You were getting your ass handed to you, so you NAPed with CT. Now you declare war? Get the **** out, don't ever go into politics because you suck at it.

3) Why don't you both try taking each other one without the help of other allies. I have no respect for allies that need the help of others to achieve a goal, with the limited player base in this game. You are all cowards.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2012, 04:01   #79
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
3) Why don't you both try taking each other one without the help of other allies. I have no respect for allies that need the help of others to achieve a goal, with the limited player base in this game. You are all cowards.
I personally asked other alliances if they would sit out and let CT and FaNG go at it.
The alliances on FaNG's side said no.

So now we will see what happens.
Unread 29 Apr 2012, 04:27   #80
LynchMob
Old Fart

LynchMob is infamous around these partsLynchMob is infamous around these partsLynchMob is infamous around these parts

Bitch3r,

How the fk are you still in FAnG............

#FAnG

#Mercenaries
LynchMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2012, 10:32   #81
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
We may be cowards, but you're an idiot.

Here's why: that is not the way this game is played. If you want even teams, go play football, or starcraft, or counter-strike. This is a game of politics, not a game of I slap you with a glove and we duel at dawn like gentlemen. If you can get more and better people on your side than your enemy can on theirs, then you're doing it right.

It continues to annoy and amaze me how people persist in clinging to this fundamental misconception of what Planetarion is about. You'd think that after 46 rounds, people'd have picked up a thing or two, but apparently not.

You're the kind of person who would play Eve, the most sandboxy of sandbox games, and then whine to CCP when someone destroys your ship. The kind of person who'd play CoD and ragequit because 2 people on the opposite team shot at you at the same time. Boo ****ing hoo.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 29 Apr 2012, 11:23   #82
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post

Here's why: that is not the way this game is played. If you want even teams, go play football, or starcraft, or counter-strike. This is a game of politics, not a game of I slap you with a glove and we duel at dawn like gentlemen. If you can get more and better people on your side than your enemy can on theirs, then you're doing it right.

It continues to annoy and amaze me how people persist in clinging to this fundamental misconception of what Planetarion is about. You'd think that after 46 rounds, people'd have picked up a thing or two, but apparently not.

You're the kind of person who would play Eve, the most sandboxy of sandbox games, and then whine to CCP when someone destroys your ship. The kind of person who'd play CoD and ragequit because 2 people on the opposite team shot at you at the same time. Boo ****ing hoo.
Echoing this, well said.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r45-46 [FAnG]
Unread 29 Apr 2012, 15:25   #83
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchMob View Post
Bitch3r,

How the fk are you still in FAnG............
Dont worry, im sure i wont be around for that much longer

Unread 30 Apr 2012, 00:39   #84
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Indeed, we will now execute our masterplan and catch up 30m in 2 weeks!
12 million in two days is a pretty good start!
Unread 30 Apr 2012, 01:01   #85
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Suppose it's too much to expect people to take care of their fleet when they can win!
Unread 30 Apr 2012, 01:32   #86
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Well it would be easier just to rule out Ultores winning than other alliances doing fck ups no?

Unread 30 Apr 2012, 03:36   #87
tulsa
Registered Loser

tulsa will become famous soon enoughtulsa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Suppose it's too much to expect people to take care of their fleet when they can win!
This is that usual point in the round that proves it is as much a game of attrition as strategy. Unfortunately some of us tend to reach our ceiling a bit earlier.

It really is too bad that sleep and success are mutually exclusive in this game. :\
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2012, 05:54   #88
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsa
This is that usual point in the round that proves it is as much a game of attrition as strategy. Unfortunately some of us tend to reach our ceiling a bit earlier.

It really is too bad that sleep and success are mutually exclusive in this game. :\
You can sleep 8 hrs a night and keep your fleet alive just fine
Unread 30 Apr 2012, 18:51   #89
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

I do it almost every round. staying up isnt needed anymore because of run/hide. no more having to launch 2 fleet def and have to keep 1 hope to put the ships you dont want fighting in it +14 at 1:1:1, the rest at home. Ahh i miss those days.
Unread 30 Apr 2012, 23:22   #90
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsa View Post

I wonder if it's the case of being asleep and offline, or the inability to think when online that is the reason for lack of success

Considering that I on three seperate scans have seen a self-fc happen, with massive value loss as result.
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2012, 23:23   #91
Lucifer

Quote:

You are an idiot actually. Never played Eve, never plan on it. Actually I'm a BA at CoD, so that would never happen, but you can keep dreaming stupid shit up. You don't know me, so don't tell me who I am.

CT and FAnG have ran around playing possum with each other. It took CT 3 days to surpass FAnG and destroy them, then they NAP. What did they expect, it's a bitch move to do that from either side. Man the **** up and take the beating, and look at how your own alliance is ran, and figure out what's not working because obviously it wasn't.

I have no interest in either ally, and actually want Ult to win this round, just because of the way CT and FAnG have done things this round. You can kindly go back to the hole you came from and stay there.
Unread 30 Apr 2012, 23:46   #92
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
You are an idiot actually. Never played Eve, never plan on it. Actually I'm a BA at CoD, so that would never happen, but you can keep dreaming stupid shit up. You don't know me, so don't tell me who I am.

CT and FAnG have ran around playing possum with each other. It took CT 3 days to surpass FAnG and destroy them, then they NAP. What did they expect, it's a bitch move to do that from either side. Man the **** up and take the beating, and look at how your own alliance is ran, and figure out what's not working because obviously it wasn't.

I have no interest in either ally, and actually want Ult to win this round, just because of the way CT and FAnG have done things this round. You can kindly go back to the hole you came from and stay there.
And you think Ultores plays politics much more fair?

Unread 30 Apr 2012, 23:53   #93
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are an idiot actually.
Shouldn't you have grown out of "I know you are but what am I?"

mz is many things, but an idiot he is not.
Unread 1 May 2012, 01:50   #94
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
You took my post too literally. They were just examples. In any case, the part of my post where I called you an idiot was actually not the interesting part. Which brings us to...

Quote:
You have either skipped over, failed to understand or just plain ignored the interesting part of my post; the part where I explained why I think your post was idiotic. This is just a one paragraph summary of your initial post. If you don't reply to my points, then I can only repeat what I've already said, and then this turns into an endurance race where you say one thing over and over, and I say another over and over, until one of us gets bored and quits, granting the other his glorious victory.

Quote:
You can kindly go back to the hole you came from and stay there.
Consider me bored.
Unread 1 May 2012, 03:17   #95
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Never played Eve, never plan on it.
On behalf of EvE players everywhere, thank you. My sandbox will make you cry sweet sweet tears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3k View Post
mz is many things, but an idiot he is not.
Quoted for truth.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2012, 06:23   #96
Lucifer

Quote:
You have either skipped over, failed to understand or just plain ignored the interesting part of my post; the part where I explained why I think your post was idiotic. This is just a one paragraph summary of your initial post. If you don't reply to my points, then I can only repeat what I've already said, and then this turns into an endurance race where you say one thing over and over, and I say another over and over, until one of us gets bored and quits, granting the other his glorious victory.
You called me out on the fact I wanted #1 and #2, and clearly the #1 and #2, possibly followed by Ult at #3, but in the end it's a 2 man race, to be attacking each other. And after they Napped, not napped, napped again, not napped, I call them out? You either must be Fang or CT, good for you. Your ally is going to finish #1 or #2.

Guess what, I don't give a shit.

Everyone in this game, should understand the lack of people playing this game.

I have people in my alliance complaining about the amount of waves they get for attacks, and it's understandable. The most I have seen this round has been about 5 waves in a row, of multiple planets attacking. Good for the attackers, you will get your roids, etc. It make perfect sense game wise.

But fact of the matter is, which fails to go through your dense brain, is that there is such a limited player base, CT and FAnG combined with players counted in their allies is almost the next 3 combined. Top 5 allies, #1 and #2 equal 3-5. 6-8, CT and FAnG outnumber those 3 combined by 2.

You can talk all you want about politics, and doing the right thing for the ally(both of which you haven't done, except called me out on wanting a "fair fight"), but in the end this player base is dead. It's a dead game, and most people can realize this. I'm sorry you don't. The fact that you commented on how long this game has been going and I haven't ralized things after X amount of rounds just goes to show you that you have played most of them, and I obvioulsy haven't. I haven't played in 20+ rounds, and I couldn't be happier.

This game has changed a lot, and for the worse. The player base won't improve with the way the game is going now, and it's just fact. I understand, as if I was in CT or another "top ally" - i would understand the way attacks go on their side, and be involved with them.

Fact of the matter is though, the way FAnG and CT handled their politics this round, is complete 10 year old shit, and you can't deny that. I don't know who you are, and I don't give a shit.

CT: Was Napped, was behind FAnG, so declared war. After war was declared, they passed FAnG in 3 days time and built a healthy lead. Good for them.

FAnG: Was Napped, was ahead of CT, war was brought upon them. What do you think if Germany was able to keep doing what they were doing before WWII blew up? Let's get realistic. They fell behind CT, and FAnG wanted a NAP after a few days time. CT granted it, then FAnG goes to war with CT.

In the end, both allies are in the wrong. CT should have kept on with FAnG, there was no other ally in place to take over #1 from CT. Ult being closest, but we all know that CT would have been just fine.

FAnG is the biggest pussies of this round, as they cried because they were getting destroyed, then turned around and wanted their roids back. Sorry, but it doesn't happen that way.

My FAnG versus CT comment was on point just because this game is so small compared to round 4(I've played a few rounds, but leave after 1 round a piece, doesn't take a rocket science to be good at this game), they don't need other allies help with how shitty other allies are in general. Most allies focus on a galaxy, not an ally. My ally has targeted a certain ally a couple times this round, sure, but most times it's a galaxy, same with other allies.

This will teach people to BP with other allies/friends, not just your ally. It's pretty stupid to BP with your own ally with the max, because you don't know where you will end up with, and obviously certain allies are going to relay what goes on. This is an ally game more than a galaxy game.

You really show take your head out of your ass and understand some things before you just go out and call me an idiot, because I know exactly what I"m talking about.
Unread 1 May 2012, 13:59   #97
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
In the end, both allies are in the wrong. CT should have kept on with FAnG, there was no other ally in place to take over #1 from CT. Ult being closest, but we all know that CT would have been just fine.
We thought that if we didn't hit fang, they would nap ult and hit us. Which is eventually what happened. Which means it was probably a good guess. Which means you should probably shut up.
oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2012, 14:30   #98
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Because I'm REALLY bored to come down to this retards level.

Quote:
You called me out on the fact I wanted #1 and #2, and clearly the #1 and #2, possibly followed by Ult at #3, but in the end it's a 2 man race, to be attacking each other. And after they Napped, not napped, napped again, not napped, I call them out? You either must be Fang or CT, good for you. Your ally is going to finish #1 or #2.
If FAnG and CT just attack each other, neither wins.
But you don't understand how this game works so you wont be able to figure this out.
Quote:
Guess what, I don't give a shit.

Everyone in this game, should understand the lack of people playing this game.

I have people in my alliance complaining about the amount of waves they get for attacks, and it's understandable. The most I have seen this round has been about 5 waves in a row, of multiple planets attacking. Good for the attackers, you will get your roids, etc. It make perfect sense game wise.
Useless babble about being bad
Quote:

But fact of the matter is, which fails to go through your dense brain, is that there is such a limited player base, CT and FAnG combined with players counted in their allies is almost the next 3 combined. Top 5 allies, #1 and #2 equal 3-5. 6-8, CT and FAnG outnumber those 3 combined by 2.
Every ally can recruit to the max, because they don't isn't other allies fault
Quote:
You can talk all you want about politics, and doing the right thing for the ally(both of which you haven't done, except called me out on wanting a "fair fight"), but in the end this player base is dead. It's a dead game, and most people can realize this. I'm sorry you don't. The fact that you commented on how long this game has been going and I haven't ralized things after X amount of rounds just goes to show you that you have played most of them, and I obvioulsy haven't. I haven't played in 20+ rounds, and I couldn't be happier.
Apparently in a dead game, lots of players can join together, fight together, turn against each other, and repeat this cycle over and over...

Quote:
This game has changed a lot, and for the worse. The player base won't improve with the way the game is going now, and it's just fact. I understand, as if I was in CT or another "top ally" - i would understand the way attacks go on their side, and be involved with them.
You might understand them, but I doubt it.
Quote:

Fact of the matter is though, the way FAnG and CT handled their politics this round, is complete 10 year old shit, and you can't deny that. I don't know who you are, and I don't give a shit.
Failing to comprehend what exactly happened this round
Quote:
CT: Was Napped, was behind FAnG, so declared war. After war was declared, they passed FAnG in 3 days time and built a healthy lead. Good for them.

FAnG: Was Napped, was ahead of CT, war was brought upon them. What do you think if Germany was able to keep doing what they were doing before WWII blew up? Let's get realistic. They fell behind CT, and FAnG wanted a NAP after a few days time. CT granted it, then FAnG goes to war with CT.

CT was never in a position to win at the point at which they did what they did.
They screwed up on timing.
Quote:
FAnG is the biggest pussies of this round, as they cried because they were getting destroyed, then turned around and wanted their roids back. Sorry, but it doesn't happen that way.
FAnG cried? lol
FAnG and Ult have been the only allies with a chance to win not crying
Quote:
My FAnG versus CT comment was on point just because this game is so small compared to round 4(I've played a few rounds, but leave after 1 round a piece, doesn't take a rocket science to be good at this game), they don't need other allies help with how shitty other allies are in general. Most allies focus on a galaxy, not an ally. My ally has targeted a certain ally a couple times this round, sure, but most times it's a galaxy, same with other allies.
Bad allies do this, yes.
Quote:
This will teach people to BP with other allies/friends, not just your ally. It's pretty stupid to BP with your own ally with the max, because you don't know where you will end up with, and obviously certain allies are going to relay what goes on. This is an ally game more than a galaxy game.
Clueless
Quote:

You really show take your head out of your ass and understand some things before you just go out and call me an idiot, because I know exactly what I"m talking about.
Why? You're an idiot, it's ****ing blatantly obvious.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r45-46 [FAnG]
Unread 1 May 2012, 14:40   #99
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:

You obviously DON'T understand as much as you think you do....basically refer to the 3 major allies of the last 20+ rounds, Ascendancy, Apprime and Ultores, but you know better right?

oh, and mz is allieless and doesnt even have a planet, but again, you dont know what you're talking about so its no surprise...
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2012, 14:51   #100
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
... snip ...
The symptoms

I am well aware the game is dying a slow death, but the number of planets in the universe is completely unrelated to the way the game is played. You appear to be implying that this kind of "cowardice", as you call it, is somehow a brand new thing. However, overblocking has been part and parcel of PA ever since round 1. A few of examples would be Concordium in round 1, who were a block all by themselves; Furgion and their block in round 5, who were both bigger and better than everyone else combined; eXilition and Angels in round 13; CT and Urwins stagnating the first half of round 24; Ascendancy and CT in round 29; and ND and VsN in round 36.

(Unfortunately, neither the PAwiki nor jesterina's graphs have any information on the rounds after 37, and since my memory is fairly awful, I can't really comment on them. I seem to vaguely recall that last round was pretty terrible, though not why. Someone update the PAwiki )

Notice that all the rounds I mentioned, except the first 2, took place in universes less than twice the size of the current one. A significant difference, to be sure, but not for the purposes of the point I'm making.

The problem

PA alliances may be bad, or cowardly, or evil, or incompetent, but ultimately, it's the game mechanics of PA that encourage that kind of behaviour. The goal of the game is for alliances to get the top spot, either on value (pre-PAX) or on score (post-PAX). This has been the goal ever since round 1, unofficially, and officially ever since alliance rankings were introduced to the game, whenever that was.

The means people have at their disposal to achieve that goal are initiating (involving a single planet), attacking (involving 2 or more planets), defending (3 or more planets), galaxy raiding (involving an alliance and a galaxy), NAPs (involving an alliance and either another alliance or a planet), planet targeting (involving 2 alliances), allying (involving 2 or more alliances) and blocks (involving multiple alliances), among others. Notice that the all but one of those involve two or more people, and all but the most basic ones involve one or more alliances.

I sorted them in this way for a reason: they increase in both scale and effectiveness. That scale is correlated to effectiveness is not an accident: the more planets or alliances you involve in your PA activities, the more effective your actions will be. (That is not true of efficiency, though, but that one a side-note.)

This alone wouldn't be so bad; what makes it problematic is that PA rounds are long. They're not as long as they have been, but 7 weeks still makes PA one of the most long-term games around. Almost no other game requires you to plan your day 8 or more hours in advance.

This means that people invest a huge chunk of their time and effort into it. This is part of what makes PA an enjoyable game; you're not dealing with people's avatars, but with actual people. Your enemy in CoD is just a few pixels on the screen, you feel no bond with him. In PA, this is not the case: your enemy is a person, who, as HC, you talk to, negotiate with, perhaps have a few laughs with every now and again. Further, over the course of the rounds, people have switched alliances so many times, and alliances have switched blocks equally many times, that everyone knows everyone. Dunbar would have a heart attack if he saw the kind of orgy we're engaged in.

Combine the ability to destabilize politics by blocking, and the length of PA rounds, and what you end up is the explosive combination that is a game in which you don't just lose to overwhelming numbers, but you lose for weeks on end to overwhelming numbers. That would be enough to enrage and/or discourage anyone. Your initial post was a good example, but we see several like them every round.

(Interestingly, the rise of mobile internet-capable devices has actually reduced the impact of the timescale PA is played on: if you can get online anytime, wherever you are, then it doesn't matter when you launch an attack, you can always recall if you're covered. I'm curious what Appoco will announce at round end, and whether it ties into this rather innocent observation.)

The solution

Solving the problem of the interaction of PA's timescale and its politics is tough.

First and foremost, and the reason I take issue with your posts, saying "alliances should not be shit" is both the most understandable and the most useless thing to day: whether you like it or not, people are primarily self-interested. This is especially true in games, because people feel less bound by the confines of morality. You can jump up and down in righteous fury whenever someone takes an action you disapprove of, but that's not going to change anything. If it would, then all the hundreds of threads that started with OPs like yours would have done it already. No, if you want to see less blocking, then you need to do more than complain on AD about how unfair the world is. You need to redesign the game to make overblocking less profitable.

Removing politics from the game would do the trick, but would destroy PA in the process. Spinner may not have foreseen that alliances would form when he first created the game, but they formed on their own for a reason, and he blessed that emergent behaviour by incorporating it into the game for the same reason: the social aspect of PA is a source of problems, but it is also what makes PA a game worth playing. Anyway, even if I thought it was a good idea, I can't think of any reasonable way of actually removing politics from PA.

Reducing round lengths even further would be the other logical approach. If the timescale is reduced, then the problem of its interaction with politics becomes less important. However, the case can be made (and has been made) that short rounds make player numbers even more important than they already are. If you need to beat your opponent in, say, a week, the easiest way to do it would be by recruiting 200 newbies and tell them to init to 500 roids. You wouldn't even need to attack, and the only way anyone would beat you is by recruiting 201 newbies. Ad bloody nauseum.

Paradoxically, considering the way I outlined the problem above, increasing round lengths could work. In the Olden Days, you could chip away at an alliance for weeks or months. If you sucked, like the 200 newbies in my previous example, then you would be slowly overtaken by the more skillful. Even 1000 newbies would be overtaken by an alliance like 1up eventually. Alliances like CT or ND, who have historically been known for their high rate of crashing, wouldn't stand a chance of winning a 6 month round. However, I think that a really long round in a small universe would not be the best of ideas: a small universe is much easier to unbalance than a large one, even if none of the actors involved intend for that to happen.

Other solutions would have a much bigger impact on the game, not just on its politics: I've long been a proponent of adding geography and dynamic travel time to the game and removing galaxies at the same time. In the current universe, fANg can easily roid HR, but if fANG were on one side of the universe and HR on the other, the sheer travel times involved (maybe up to 48 hours) would allow HR plenty of time to cover and leave FanG vulnerable to retaliation from, say, CT. This approach has its own problems, though: what do you do with planets who aren't in an alliance? You have to place them somewhere. What do you think would happen to a 300 roid allianceless planet coming out of protection in the middle of CT-dominated space? Have you ever dropped a boulder on a raw egg?

A less extreme approach would be to remove alliance rankings and reintroduce clusters, but that would be proportionally less effective, and suffer from the same (if less pronounced) drawbacks.

Conclusion

Suffice it to say, I continue to think your point is a useless one. Yes, a NAPs between the #1 and #2 alliances suck, but whining on AD is not going to change anything.