User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 26 Aug 2010, 19:28   #1
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about
Replace the incompetent MH staff

This is a serious request to get rid of the actual MH staff and replace it by people with brains. I´m fed up with their power trips, no clear rules, no explanation for heavily discussed rulings in public ("we do not speak about cases in public in any case"), and most of all, inconsistent ruling.

It´s a shame this game is policed by a pack of people who behave like fascists repeatedly, who judge about things they have no clue about, and judge randomly as well.

I´ve come to this point because of DunkelGrafs accoutns this round. The MHs find the word "geil" offensive, which can be translated with "horny", though the official definition states a couple of other meanings before any kind of sexual context (powerful, ample, cheerful). The word is pretty much common knowledge in german, and used rather widely, by far not only in a sexual contest.
It´s not only the fact the MHs think they can judge about german language when they obviously have no clue about it - their ruling is horribly inconsistent.
Last round the rank 3 cov ops planet was named "Horny Bear OF Gang Bang".

I fail to see how this name was accepted all round, mind you, the planet ended almost top in one of the rankings, so it can´t possible slipped through the MHs attention. If it did, however, the´re obviously not doing their job properly, as I´d expect them to look through all t100 rankings once in a while.

Please, for the love of god, get rid of this horrible staff and replace them by people who act more professional. Allow them and advise them to explain heavily argued cases in public - if the public is uncertain about a decision, just staying silent is the worst thing you can do anyway.

I for one am fed up with the current MH staff and do not trust in their judgement at any point.

Edit: Probably in DunkelGrafs case the MHs just don´t like him - I asked two friends to open accounts with the supposedly offensive word in their R/P. Both accoutns are still open, while just yesterday they closed 3-4 of Dunks accounts (no multis, he creates a new one every time the former one gets closed).
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2010, 19:32   #2
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
Re: Replace the incompetent MH staff

I wholeheartedly agree!
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2010, 19:34   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Meh.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2010, 19:36   #4
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2010, 21:20   #5
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

I say lets have a round where we can "cheat" however we like...

...much like eve-online allows players do anything in game they wish.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2010, 21:36   #6
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
This is a serious request to get rid of the actual MH staff and replace it by people with brains. I´m fed up with their power trips, no clear rules, no explanation for heavily discussed rulings in public ("we do not speak about cases in public in any case"), and most of all, inconsistent ruling.

It´s a shame this game is policed by a pack of people who behave like fascists repeatedly, who judge about things they have no clue about, and judge randomly as well.

I´ve come to this point because of DunkelGrafs accoutns this round. The MHs find the word "geil" offensive, which can be translated with "horny", though the official definition states a couple of other meanings before any kind of sexual context (powerful, ample, cheerful). The word is pretty much common knowledge in german, and used rather widely, by far not only in a sexual contest.
It´s not only the fact the MHs think they can judge about german language when they obviously have no clue about it - their ruling is horribly inconsistent.

Edit: Probably in DunkelGrafs case the MHs just don´t like him - I asked two friends to open accounts with the supposedly offensive word in their R/P. Both accoutns are still open, while just yesterday they closed 3-4 of Dunks accounts (no multis, he creates a new one every time the former one gets closed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkelGraf View Post
My first account got closed/deleted so i made a new one. That was closed aswell and now i got my third account which also got a warning already. So you can see my #4 very soon.......

All accounts will have that one offensive word in it .o/
Whilst the multi hunters methods are at best questionable... In general.
They are hardly in the same league as Dunkelgraf's utter contempt and frankly being a ^*&#ing sack.

Sounds like multihunters have basically went into autopilot with closures on dunkelgrafs planets. I am interested to see who folds first.
Dunkelgraf stops signing up (With 1 offensive word in R/P name) or MH stops closing him.

I do have one question from rul3r's point.
So if "geil" is not offensive. what was was the other offensive in his R/P?
If there was not an offensive word then Dunkelgraf must be talking sh*te from that quote.
Unread 26 Aug 2010, 21:48   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The word that's perceived as offensive is 'geil'. Both Dunkel and rul3r know this and have indicated as much in the very posts you quoted.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 26 Aug 2010, 21:51   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The word is and always has been geil. There's no need to be pedantic about the fact a non-english speaker described it as offensive without using quotation marks once after he had been closed three times for using it.

efb
Unread 26 Aug 2010, 21:54   #9
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post

I do have one question from rul3r's point.
So if "geil" is not offensive. what was was the other offensive in his R/P?
If there was not an offensive word then Dunkelgraf must be talking sh*te from that quote.
All accounts will have that one "offensive" word in it .o/

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2010, 22:12   #10
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice

Not that I really care about planet names.
But if we are talking about insulting German p/r names - the majority would consider the "sh$t-faced incest child" (not easy to translate literally - but that is the meaning) currently sitting in top20 more insulting.
In colloquial German "geil" is very commonly used as synonym to great or awesome.
Just sayin...
Unread 26 Aug 2010, 22:25   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marka View Post
not that i really care about planet names.
But if we are talking about insulting german p/r names - the majority would consider the "sh$t-faced incest child" (not easy to translate literally - but that is the meaning) currently sitting in top20 more insulting.
In colloquial german "geil" is very commonly used as synonym to great or awesome.
Just sayin...
DIsrespect a multihunter's authority will you? JUST BECAUSE THE GERMANS GAVE UP ON RETARDED FASCISM DOESN'T MEAN EVERYONE HAS!
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 00:01   #12
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

This just makes me think the MH's have a list of "bad" words that they search for and if anything pops up, they close it down. Monkeys at work really.. Especially when it comes to different languages than english, the MH's are ****ing oblivious and nearly anything will be allowed to stand.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 02:28   #13
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

signed. Ace proved it more than once.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 06:26   #14
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

Quote:
The word is pretty much common knowledge in german, and used rather widely, by far not only in a sexual contest.
First of all i wholeheartedly agree that the MHs are horribly inconsistent and that something is be done about that, however in this particular case what you seem to forget is that although geil does not automatically have a sexual context in German, it does have it in Dutch. And Ace is Dutch so we cannot be surprised he reads it as dutch.

Meanwhile we should look in every language make sure that a word is non offencive in every language before accepting use in an english game. Remove deliberately misspelled offencive words like "pick" and "cut"

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 07:37   #15
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

somewhere around round 20 i got warned multiple times for the galaxy names I did (together with the rest of the galaxy)
One of them was: "Ich bin scheisse geil lalalalala"

That was also not allowed by mh's (think it was ace).

Tbh i think next round and all future rounds we should not be allowed to name anything on our planet / galaxy / alliance.
Clearly this is not possible with mh's who seem to have no sense of humor and who are easier offended than the pope.
I look forward to being Planet 7 of galaxy 56 of alliance 5! (though they might want to hardcode out galaxy/alliance 69 caus it might be too offensive for some!)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 08:57   #16
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard View Post
however in this particular case what you seem to forget is that although geil does not automatically have a sexual context in German, it does have it in Dutch. And Ace is Dutch so we cannot be surprised he reads it as dutch.

Meanwhile we should look in every language make sure that a word is non offencive in every language before accepting use in an english game. Remove deliberately misspelled offencive words like "pick" and "cut"
Quote:
I laughed so hard at this .... pure comedy gold.
I wish I was multilingual

edit - my sides really do hurt now from laughing
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 09:42   #17
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard View Post
First of all i wholeheartedly agree that the MHs are horribly inconsistent and that something is be done about that, however in this particular case what you seem to forget is that although geil does not automatically have a sexual context in German, it does have it in Dutch. And Ace is Dutch so we cannot be surprised he reads it as dutch.

Lol, that's bollocks. I assume they have enough braincells to actually read the full r/p name and then analyse which language it is and what context it's used in to derive the meaning (and if they can't, they should check with someone who can).

I mean, if one of you is a huge fan of the Brazilian starplayer Kaka ... and wants to use this in his r/p, then expect to be warned because in Dutch that word means "shit".

I'm also sure "geil" has some really offensive meaning in Swahili. Must be why they closed him ... :-)

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 09:43   #18
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
I look forward to being Planet 7 of galaxy 56 of alliance 5! (though they might want to hardcode out galaxy/alliance 69 caus it might be too offensive for some!)
Also galaxy/alliance 88 as that also has some offensive meaning!

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 Aug 2010, 09:55   #19
Mzyxptlk
mz.

'Kaka' does not mean 'shit' in Dutch. The word you're looking for is 'kak', and it's better translated as 'poo'.
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 10:02   #20
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
'Kaka' does not mean 'shit' in Dutch. The word you're looking for is 'kak', and it's better translated as 'poo'.
kaka (de ~ (m.?), ~s)
stront, kak, poep (informeel, ook kindertaal)

Asfar as I know, it is an official Dutch (Belgian) word, in our dictionary. Please don't correct me on my very own language unless you're 100% sure, thanks :-)

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 Aug 2010, 10:07   #21
Mzyxptlk
mz.

It is my language, too.

[edit] I have never heard it used in Dutch, but a quick google search shows that it does look like the word is used in Flemmish.

[edit2] In Estonian, Hungarian, Latvian and Lithuanian and Wik-Mungkan, it also means 'poo'. The more you know.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 27 Aug 2010 at 10:13.
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 10:16   #22
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
It is my language, too.

[edit] I have never heard it used in Dutch, but a quick google search shows that it does look like the word is used in Flemmish.

[edit2] In Estonian, Hungarian, Latvian and Lithuanian, it also means 'poo'. The more you know.
I know it's your language too. While we both speak Dutch, we both do have a different vocabulary and use of words (The Netherlands vs Belgium). It's a very common used word in Belgium, especially when dealing with babies or kids (my girlfriend being a gindergarden Teacher). It's infact one of the basic words babies or kids need to learn really.

FA Gaming community

Unread 27 Aug 2010, 11:30   #23
rUl3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
Lol, that's bollocks. I assume they have enough braincells to actually read the full r/p name and then analyse which language it is and what context it's used in to derive the meaning (and if they can't, they should check with someone who can).
They do not check the context properly, or they should have stopped closing Dunks accs when he named a planet "never horny". They just see the word, take aim and shoot.
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 13:39   #24
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Think it was last round that smelly thighs was considered offensive
, i think the multihunters should close everyone in 6:9 as i find that galaxy's co-ordinates offensive

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 16:10   #25
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Reporting on the 791st "Please change the hunter crew thread" @ 3197932.

There is a certain legacy in the world Adolf Hitler, in the fashion of the current what's wrong in Dunkel's German contest, would be proud.

Let's close more people over "silly" planet names and create more threads simply to understand that there's no way the game crew will be letting go of the utterly retarded things these people do. It's too much forum thread value in these stunts Spunkfire, Ace, & Co. pull out on regular basis.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 18:41   #26
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Shit means poo in English
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 18:45   #27
JonnyBGood
Banned

If this thread was a gal banner or something ingame it'd have been censored eight hundred and fifty million times already.
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 19:03   #28
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
Shit means poo in English
In the same way that "****ing" means "making love". Don't be a pedant.
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 20:40   #29
BlackDog
ND's Honourary Welshman

BlackDog is on a distinguished road

People seem to be missing the point - why is everyone in PA TRYING (endlessly) to test the boundaries on offensive planet names?

How difficult can it be to come up with a convincing planet/ruler name that is not made with the only intention of attracting the attention of the MHs so you people can complain about unfair treatment later on - what sort of bull$hit is this?!

Really, if you don't want to get your planet closed, it is not hard to give your planet an innocuous, unoffensive name. If it's a genuine accident, and you give your planet a name that looks bad in another language then it's unfortunate, and totally excusable. But really, I don't see how anyone who names their planets stuff like

"Unnatural powers OF disabled people"
"Spit on me OF pi$$ on you"
"WINDOW LICKER OF BANANA HAMMOCKS"
"Yu Stin Ki OF Su Pa Ho"

isn't just testing the patience of the MHs.

The solution is simple and it lies with the community - don't name your planets stupid shit, and nothing bad will happen! I'm all for amusing puns, but it really just isn't that hard to pick a name that isn't designed to invite abuse rfom the community.

(all these planets are randomly picked from top100 lists as of this tick by the way)
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 20:47   #30
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
"WINDOW LICKER OF BANANA HAMMOCKS"
using that next round!
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 21:37   #31
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
The solution is simple and it lies with the community - don't name your planets stupid shit, and nothing bad will happen! I'm all for amusing puns, but it really just isn't that hard to pick a name that isn't designed to invite abuse rfom the community.

Or just don't be so bloody pedantic. The thin red line between "not naming your planet stupid shit" and "an amusing pun" can be really thin in the eyes of say Spunkfire.
Unread 28 Aug 2010, 00:18   #32
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
This is stuff they should apply naturally, mz... I fully agree with Light in that post. )

To be honest, I think the MH people actually have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much history within PA which of course clouds their judgement. They will say it will not, but come on...

In sum, the problem is I will never see the current MH group, or for that matter any PA-artifact, enforcing rules in this fashion (thus in a businesslike way communicated and without shenanigans from the past in the back of the mind).

Although... mz, got some spare time? :P
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2010, 02:24   #33
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Moderators get their share of abuse. I have no desire to find out how much worse it is for multihunters.
Unread 28 Aug 2010, 10:53   #34
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I get constructive dialogue where the other user agrees with my decision.

p.s. 6,000.
Unread 28 Aug 2010, 11:50   #35
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Sounds like you've got yourself a challenge, then.

P.S. grats
Unread 28 Aug 2010, 23:20   #36
ellonweb

Quote:
why is everyone in PA TRYING (endlessly) to test the boundaries on offensive planet names?
To point out the flaws in the system and the people enforcing said system.
Unread 28 Aug 2010, 23:26   #37
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

In dutch Geil means horny

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2010, 08:33   #38
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
To point out the flaws in the system and the people enforcing said system.
By showing utter contempt in the manner dunkelgraf has?
Im in favour of MH reform but not by this method
Unread 30 Aug 2010, 03:05   #39
ellonweb

Some people may take it too far, I was talking in general.
Unread 30 Aug 2010, 09:45   #40
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
Think it was last round that smelly thighs was considered offensive
, i think the multihunters should close everyone in 6:9 as i find that galaxy's co-ordinates offensive
So a blue cheese is also considered offensive then?

FA Gaming community

Unread 30 Aug 2010, 09:52   #41
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:

And exactly in that lies the problem. What are amusing puns? What might sound amusing to you, might sound offensive to others. Even worse, a name which doesn't include any cursing words can be 10 times more offensive to someone because the underlying pun might be harsh.

Unless you make very clear boundaries and be consequent upholding them (and for the love of God, get someone in the crew with an understanding of some foreign languages or consult someone while in doubt).

Rather then this "ohh word X might sound offensive in one of the over 150 different languages spoken on this planet, let's close it regardless the context it was used in" crap :-)

FA Gaming community

Unread 30 Aug 2010, 09:57   #42
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
I get constructive dialogue where the other user agrees with my decision.

p.s. 6,000.
They're not all complaining like I usually do mmm :-)

FA Gaming community

Unread 30 Aug 2010, 17:26   #43
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

So, i was a MH for manymany rounds, and although most ppl would call me incompetent too (usually because they got closed/warned, not neccesarily because i was wrong), i still think i can have an opinion on this.

In this case, i agree that stipulating Geil as Horny is too quick a judgement, especially if you look at some other, much more offensive r/p names who havent been warned/changed. Geil has many more meanings in german. On the other side, ppl COULD see this as offensive, and that might have been the reasoning.

I think in GENERAL, the MH staff is quite competent. The problem is, that amongst the few hundred decisions MH's have to take each round, there is bound to be a few border cases, or questionable decisions. I myself have made my share of mistakes. In a number of those cases other MH's had to point this out to me, in other cases players convinced me my view of things was wrong. In some cases, i was wrong and still thought i was right. That happens.

As a side note: my apologies for those cases i was wrong, and still 'punished' you.

My point is, those few wrongly judged cases always turn up high-profile cases, because the victim or victims scream havoc to all of the community and everyone jumps on the threads about them. The 97% of rightly done cases dont have that high profile.

My advice to all players is:

You wont get anywhere screaming murder. Be calm and stress your points. If you are still judged to be in violation of the EULA, swallow and accept it. Simply because it wont help you much. In cases where you think you have been treated extremely unrightfull, appeal in some way to the PA Team or even the owner of the game (no clue if they do this kind of stuff). This of course implies that PA Team should be willing to dare to challenge a member of the PA Team about their field of authority.

One more thing: never ever should the excuse that 'another r/p is much worse' be used. If you have committed a crime like burglary, no judge would ever listen to: 'but my celmate has committe dmurder, so you should release me !'. Think about that.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2010, 17:52   #44
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

What I can't understand is why some folk playing PA have never had a run in With the Multihunters (i.e. Me) just by following common sense / joining #multihunters and ask if a ruler/planet name / gal banner to see if it is Acceptable to use PRIOR to actually using it.

Whilst there are some down Right retards/cheats/contempt artists who get closed/repremanded on a regular basis.

They are ruining My PA experience more than the MHs do.
Unread 30 Aug 2010, 19:38   #45
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
What I can't understand is why some folk playing PA have never had a run in With the Multihunters (i.e. Me) just by following common sense / joining #multihunters and ask if a ruler/planet name / gal banner to see if it is Acceptable to use PRIOR to actually using it.

Whilst there are some down Right retards/cheats/contempt artists who get closed/repremanded on a regular basis.

They are ruining My PA experience more than the MHs do.
Although I'm sure cin* would prefer this thread to end here unfortunately paisley doesn't actually have a point.

1) Common sense is not an objective position. I'd have assumed horny is not a banned word to be honest. I mean I doubt there's a 12 year old out there who hasn't heard the word before. Also as has been pointed out a prominent r/p used the word last round. Now, my common sense would assume that this means it's perfectly acceptable.

2) Why should anyone have to join an irc channel to see if their r/p is acceptable? There should be clear guidelines outlining what is and isn't acceptable. If you can't make them clear then you probably don't have any idea what you're doing and you're making it up as you go along depending on how you feel about things. This is not a good thing. This is a bad thing. It is arbitrary and highly annoying.

3) Dunk has, to my knowledge, never been closed before this round. For a while the multihunters decided penis allianz was offensive (****ing seriously guys it's the actual name for a part of the male body) and he changed it to Censored Allianz but thankfully they managed to get over themselves there.

For the record I think the main problem most people have with the multihunters is that they never, ever admit they're wrong on things like this. Although you'll see planets get reopened when half the community knows they were farming I cannot remember a single circumstance of a multihunter changing their position on an r/p or banner when someone attempts to argue it.

*Stop moderating. You're crap at it.
Unread 30 Aug 2010, 19:50   #46
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
you'll see planets get reopened when half the community knows they were farming
This is the stuff I really care about from my MH. I mean I've seen instances where MHs who to all intents and purposes know a planet is farming, yet because there isn't some cast iron bushido proof, the planets in question got away with it.

It's in that kind of situation where I want MHs to show a bit of backbone. Situations like this is where it really matters, not what people are calling their planet/ruler name.
Unread 30 Aug 2010, 19:58   #47
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

I never had any complaints when I was MH!

Who wants me back baby!
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2010, 20:25   #48
rUl3r

Remy, I very much appreciate your input. I´ve overall found you to be a rather decent guy and MH, although I probably had little dealing with you when you were part of that crew.

My real concern is not the fact there might be few argueable cases, but the feeling the MHs won´t actually openly discuss them and probabvly admit they are wrong. I wouldn´t know _anyone_ in germany who´s offended by the use of the word "Geil", especially not in the way DunkelGraf used it - in fact, everyone I told about this was quite amused.
Any attempt of telling the MHs is useless though, they made their judgement and won´t listen to anyone. They´re pretty much attorney, judge and executioner simultaneously. History has shown countless times what can happen in such cases.
Trying to calmly stress points is useless if you talk to the proverbial brick wall. A handful of dynamite might be of help in such a case.

I´ve started typing this reply an hour or two ago, just noticed some new responses came up since then. I pretty much agree with what JBG and lokken wrote since then.

Also, could someone please explain why "Night Toker OF Cannibus" is abusive? I still fail to see the reasoning behind the warning. Probably just another example of MH retardation. I´m not surprised though to see the warning was issued by butter, whose rulings I found especially irritating before.
Unread 30 Aug 2010, 21:23   #49
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
As a side note: my apologies for those cases i was wrong, and still 'punished' you.
Interesting input. You know what makes it so interesting? It's the first time ever I hear a multihunter apologize for the mistakes he's made. I'd wager that, in a lot of the high profile cases that are complete bollocks (seriously, with the planet-ruler name episode, someone needs to take sahara off her personal area again), what would greatly improve the respect the community has towards multihunters, would be right as simple as you made it.

"My apologies for this, the choice to warn you over your name choices was rash and uncalled for. The warning has been dropped and you're fine to continue as you will".

Alternatively, you can go.

"Stop bitching about multihunter decisions. Read EULA. We're allowed to judge any name you put on your planet abuse if we feel so, and we're allowed to amend the EULA to add different rules to retroactively punish you for violating them if we feel so. We just don't care how you feel about it. Piss off the multihunter channel or I'll ban you."

Which route do you think would lead to better behaviour by players, and more respect towards and cooperation with the multihunters in all subjects? I think the rules enforcement population has generally chosen the latter route as their choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rul3r
Also, could someone please explain why "Night Toker OF Cannibus" is abusive?
I believe, in this case, you've been belittling or abusive towards women, or at least green feminists, or possibly black jewish people. Don't do that again.
Unread 30 Aug 2010, 23:59   #50
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

A number of reactions here deserve a further reply from me. I will be short :P

- Ppl claim they have never seen a MH apologize.

That might be, because 99% of the cases is being spoken about with the player in question only. It would be silly to apologize in public for every time you made a wrong decision: 'I apologize for falsely accusiong <some_nick> of breaking the eula on a case you know all know nothing about and have nothing to do with.'. I have personally apologized multiple times, or at least let the player know that 'they could ignore the warning, and it wouldnt be counted against them'. I also must admit i have sometimes reopened people telling them that i was still 100% sure i was right, but had no choice to reopen them (because they or others could cast some reasonable doubt).

- Ppl are disturbed by the fact multihunters refuse to discuss cases in public.

This has three reasons: 1) players are entitled to/may want privacy, so discussing cases in public is a no because of that, and 2) the second reason is that if MH would be required to discuss each case in public, they wouldn't have much time left to hunt i think. 3) PA Team forbids to speak about cases in public.

Of course you could think about changing this strategy, and a method of letting people know about cases, could be that all cases are on a public list, with a short case subject & case outcome or something.

Oh, one more reason not to discuss cases could be the privacy of the reporting party. For obvious reasons, players reporting other players, might not want to be known by name. And discussing cases openly would make the risk of exposing your source bigger.

- Ppl accuse MH of being inconsistent

In the case of r/p, mostly true. I dare admit that. What i see as offensive, a collegue might find funny. Or normal, Or boring, Or whatever.
When i was MH, I usually measured by thinking: apart from some individual idiot, would a fair number of people find this offensive? IF so, I would then talk to collegue MH, and then decide together (except in very clear cut cases)

But let's face it, bad r/p cannot be caught in strict regulations. Have you ever tried to stop SPAM using a spam filter? Yeah? Ever tried to stop 100% cases of every variation of the word VIAGRA? I tried and I failed. Its impossible. No set of rules in a spam filter can be 100% effective against any variation of the word viagra. If you want to forbid the word **** (it's probably starred out on the forums), then you can see varations like FCK, FOCK, FECK, F-Word, FOOK, FK, F U C K, FU C K, etc etc. :P

(edit: lol, none of my variations were starred out, ergo, point proven ^^)
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote