User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Sep 2005, 15:37   #1
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
broadband(ish) question

do any of you work for a company that supplies broadband via BT phone lines?

(going to wait to post the question as there si no point if no one knows what i am on about)
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 15:55   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: broadband(ish) question

no but i used to.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 15:57   #3
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

Dont know if it will be relevant in the slightest, but without the question what can I do! I noticed elsewhere you mentioned BT causing issue, and on another forum someone had a problem with Wanadoo and BT, and someone else posted this bit of info:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chap on another forum
I’m a bit hesitant posting about broadband (last post was removed by the moderators because I mentioned company names, lets hope this one stays) but there are sometimes technical limitations at the new address – the exchange has to have free ‘ports’ available, or be able to recycle them quickly, and you need to be quite close to the exchange to get the better line speeds, possibly awkward if moving to more remote areas. So it’s always worth looking at the online availability checkers. It’s probable that *****oo will get their adsl product from ** wholesale, so ** will be involved as Roger says, but my recent experience of a ** upgrade was quite good, although there was some confusion initially in the communication between my ISP and **.
Just stick in wanadoo and BT as appropriate (the other forum has far too picky moderators when it comes to advertising)

If its not relevant, just ignore me
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 16:41   #4
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

it was more a policy issue than anything else, nowhere can i find anything that says that BT can cancel an account that is actually purchased through a third party, yet BT have actually stopped broadband on a line, so i was wondering if anyone knew anything about this, as apparently they do it with everyone. (the nice lady at pipex called it a cease order)
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 17:02   #5
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

can BT screw you over for any reason they like ? pretty much.

BT frequenty cancel all services on a phone line (say if it changes owners name), including ADSL. User has to pay BT to reconnect again.

Complain to everyone. Complain to offcom. Complain to your ISP. Complain to BT, complain to tony blair, complain to God.

If you get it fixed without paying money, buy a lottery ticket, cos it's about the same odds.
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 17:08   #6
sword

sword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
(the nice lady at pipex called it a cease order)
Is your isp contract with Pipex?
sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 17:08   #7
roadrunner_0
cynic

cheers NB, thats about what i wanted to know, annoyingly, the only reason it's a problem, is because BT appear to have a different rule for themselves and for other companies. Surely this is a anti-competition issue? either way, i'm complaining to either offcom or otelo, not sure which one will be of most use yet. on the plus side it doesn't appear to be going to cost me anything as the nice people at pipex are being incredibly apologetic that it has taken me 3 weeks to get my broadband access
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 17:13   #8
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
cheers NB, thats about what i wanted to know, annoyingly, the only reason it's a problem, is because BT appear to have a different rule for themselves and for other companies. Surely this is a anti-competition issue? either way, i'm complaining to either offcom or otelo, not sure which one will be of most use yet. on the plus side it doesn't appear to be going to cost me anything as the nice people at pipex are being incredibly apologetic that it has taken me 3 weeks to get my broadband access
BT are utter bastards. They frequently steal customers from other ISPs by promising to fix problems they've caused if you sign up with them directly etc.

I've seen them do crazy things like telling a customer their line isnt good enough for adsl, customer paying for a new line to be installed, only for BT to install a fibre optic line which adsl won't work on, so the customer then has to pay again for a copper wires line, and then find out they are actually too far from the exchange now because their new wiring goes via afghanistan or somewhere crazy.

True story.

Badger them a lot and maybe the buggers will get sick of you and sort it out. I'm not optimistic though.
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 17:37   #9
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

There is a BT exchange about 200m up the road. I will go piss on their door in protest.