User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 May 2003, 18:58   #1
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Post i have a lovely garden

Today was rather pictureque. Clear blue sky, bees hovering around plants, bright colours and summery smells. It hasn't been mowed recently but it doesn't really matter. And it feels so personal; it's mine and I've been there for hours, I feel close to the earth and part of nature and all that.

So two questions:

1. are there any places you love to be, that are particularly beautiful or peaceful, that you are particularly fond of?

2. how can anyone say that somewhere like an art gallery, static and permanent with hard walls and floors, can be a place of beauty? it just seems so impersonal and unnatural.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 19:00   #2
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Sometimes when its warm and ive had a bad day i go to this hill overlooking my entire little town and sit on a bench and sing for a bit.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 19:21   #3
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I tend to spent alot of the time sat on my garage roof; good views.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 19:39   #4
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
I have no garden or balcony
bloody maisonette on the second floor *shakes fist*
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 19:42   #5
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

I like gardens. With water features especially.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 22:02   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
There's no specific place I like to be on a warm summers day. Some relatively busy but green area in London might be nice (Clapham Common can be nice).

Being in the presence of greenery can alleviate a mood, but obviously man-made areas can be beautiful. Enclosed spaces rarely achieve this though (so art galleries are generally toss) - but a street lined with historic buildings (or whatever you like) can be beautiful.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 22:07   #7
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I just like to walk, in urban places, but whit greenery around. Some parks, some rivers, and just some streets, are nice to walk around in. Also, some of the parts of Oslo are just beatifull, full of water, grenery, but also beatifull buildings etc.
Also, just walk around, slowly discovering "hidden secrets" in the areas, like graffiti, street art, nice cafe's, etc.

I have a place, that i think only I use. Its in Oslo, just by one of the trainyards. The thing is, the trains that are painted by graffiti kids in Oslo don't run passengers, but instead, are taken to different yards to be "buffed" (cleaned). I know this place, just along the train lines, whit beatifull trees, a lovely little spot off grass, a beatifull view and where those painted trains run on their way to that particular yard to be buffed.
Its nice just to sit there and watch it all roll by.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 22:10   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
1) The flat roof just outside my window which is ace to sit outside on at night during the summer.

2) I don't think anyone claims art galleries are beautiful in themselves. And if you're saying art can't be beautiful I'd disagree.
Unread 7 May 2003, 22:30   #9
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Put me anywhere green and I'm peaceful.

Not in a room with green wall, I mean somewhere green grassy.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2003, 22:47   #10
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
i love my garden. ok so really it's my parent's garden.. but i get to live here and enjoy it.
i've show pics but i use geocities.. so.. heh.

what i'd love to do for them is to put in a little pond/fountain thing though. unfortuneately.. i can't afford to
Unread 7 May 2003, 22:47   #11
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
1. Yes, New Zealand and I hope to go there when I raise the funds.

2. Art tends to get effected by mother nature outside.

or more importantly it costs a lot of money to build an architects dream, and no we dont want another millenium dome.
CjC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2003, 03:48   #12
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Anywhere I can climb up and up and up. The views are usually good, but the getting there is great too.
Unread 8 May 2003, 04:10   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Rowing on the Wear of the Cam at dawn outside of term time, with nary another soul on the water.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2003, 04:25   #14
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Mine's full of coconut plants.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2003, 08:13   #15
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
I like lots of places. but they are all far better when I am sharing the experience with my girlfriend. Somehow she just makes the wold seem like a better place.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2003, 09:17   #16
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
Sometimes when its warm and ive had a bad day i go to this hill overlooking my entire little town and sit on a bench and sing for a bit.
The hills are alive with the sounds of music?
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2003, 17:03   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
its just off a street. I wouldnt call my singing "music" either tbh

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2003, 17:55   #18
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
Sometimes I like to go down a strip of green belt land near my school at lunch/free periods, sometimes alone, sometimes accomanpanied.

Architecture can be beatiful too, I think; minimalist designs turn me on.
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2003, 18:13   #19
sword

sword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these parts
What the **** has happened to this community??
sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2003, 18:13   #20
sword

sword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by sword
What the **** has happened to this community??
Phew, I just read Workmonkeys post after I posted the above
sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2003, 03:15   #21
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Exclamation

Norweigans appear to have the most taste.

I have been mostly reading http://www.primitivism.com/. The interview with the unabomber is excellent.
Unread 9 May 2003, 03:21   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Norweigans appear to have the most taste.
What's wrong with the Cam exactly?

Once you get out of the city that is, and ignoring the motorway bridge.
Unread 9 May 2003, 03:25   #23
queball
Ball

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
What's wrong with the Cam exactly?

Once you get out of the city that is, and ignoring the motorway bridge.
Nothing at all. I've never tried it, hopefully I will soon. Sounds a bit of a snobby persuit though.
Unread 9 May 2003, 03:30   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Nothing at all. I've never tried it, hopefully I will soon. Sounds a bit of a snobby persuit though.
The life of a rower:

1. Drink.
2. Meet girls.
3. Drink.

the only downside being

4. Row at 6am.

It's not snobby, it's like the university itself in that it has a reputation that's not really deserved; at school level it's quite snobby though, as usually only the public schools can afford boat clubs.

Oh, and your answer should have been 'It's too short, and too narrow in places.'
Unread 9 May 2003, 03:32   #25
queball
Ball

I don't enjoy drinking, or girls particularly.
Unread 9 May 2003, 03:33   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I don't enjoy drinking, or girls particularly.
In that case you want the life of a nonboatie boatie; one where you muck around on the water a couple of times a week and make friends and influence people.

Maybe not that last bit.
Unread 9 May 2003, 03:40   #27
queball
Ball

Sounds ok. I'd rather live under the water though. Under the sea!
Unread 9 May 2003, 03:45   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Sounds ok. I'd rather live under the water though. Under the sea!
The seaweed is always greener
In somebody else's lake
You dream about going up there
But that is a big mistake

Just look at the world around you
Right here on the ocean floor
Such wonderful things around you
What more is you looking for?

Under the sea
Under the sea
Darlin' it's better
Down where it's wetter
Take it from me
Up on the shore they work all day
Out in the sun they slave away
While we devotin' full time to floatin'
Under the sea

Down here all the fish is happy
As off through the waves they roll
The fish on the land ain't happy
They sad 'cause they in the bowl

But fish in the bowl is lucky
They in for a worser fate
One day when the boss get hungry
Guess who gon'be on the plate?

Under the sea
Under the sea
Nobody beat us
Fry us, and eat us
In fricassee
We what the land folk loves to cook
Under the sea we off the hook
We got no troubles, life is the bubbles
Under the sea

Under the sea
Under the sea
Since life is sweet here
We got the beat here
Naturally
Even the sturgeon and the ray
They get the urge 'n' start to play
We got the spirit
You got to hear it
Under the sea

The newt play the flute
The carp play the harp
The plaice play the bass
And they soundin' sharp
The bass play the brass
The chub play the tub
The fluke is the duke of soul
The ray he can play
The lings on the strings
The trout rockin' out
The blackfish, she sings
The smelt and the sprat
They know where it's at
And oh, that blowfish blow

Under the sea
Under the sea
When the sardine
Begin the beguine
It's music to me
What do they got, a lot of sand
We got a hot crustacean band

Each little clam here
Know how to jam here
Under the sea
Each little slug here
Cuttin' a rug here
Under the sea

Each little snail here
Know how to wail here
That's why it's hotter
Under the water
Ya, we in luck here
Down in the muck here
Under the sea!
Unread 9 May 2003, 22:08   #29
Anu
Kontrč*******

Anu is infamous around these parts
Here and thereabouts
Anu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2003, 00:46   #30
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light
If theres one thing I miss about the village where I grew up, its not being able to go and walk down by the river when I wanted to. Wonderfully peaceful, no-one around for miles (except the rapists my mum was conviced lurked behind every bush), and there were a few wonderful trees you could climb up and settle into the branches and watch the world go by. Lovely.

I miss that river. Theres a river just down the road here, and it looks fairly nice and green near it, aside from the fact it runs along next to the M60 (the manchester ring road) which kinda spoils the peace.

I never understood why my mum was so convinced there were rapists everywhere, I know they like secluded places, but somewhere where someone goes more than once a week would surely be preferable. They'd need a tent and stuff while they were waiting for a potential target to come along.

Last edited by Ebany; 10 May 2003 at 00:59.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote