User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 7 Sep 2014, 03:30   #1
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice
Scans

I've posted something similar to this prior, but these forums seem to be active more now. So here it goes.

Scanning ... basically every alliance has 1+ planets dedicated to scanning. They typically dont play a normal round.

So my proposal is to make scans more tech based and make amps/dists only effective on an inc scan level.

This would negatively effect the 1 or 2 planets in the uni who are un scannable (not sure there is one this round) but positively effect the rest of the uni.

Lets say each scan is researched and requires a certain amp level.
1 for p
2 for d
etc etc etc whatever the level is decided on.

Anyone with a p d a u n j scan ability would no longer be blocked by distorters.

However distorters would come into effect when it comes to incoming scans and faking planets using dissy/amp counts.

So what does this do? It frees up all these scan planets. It encourages more players to research scans. It allows a smaller community or smaller alliance more resources to getting scans vs having 1 person in a 20 man tag as a scanner. It also allows that small tag to compete better and not have to fight for scans.

It still allows distorters to come into play and perhaps be even more widely used. No longer will they compete to be Au scanned, but now they will worry more about dissies if they wish to fake their fleets.

Basic run down, if you have a scan you can use the scan without blocking, until it comes to incoming scans. Also at this point if there is an amp level per scan required, you can assume more people will have at least a small amount of amps in order to complete these scans and more dissies would probably be built to stop inc scans.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2014, 04:18   #2
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about
Re: Scans

Tbh the only change i would like to see when it comes to scans is:
UNITS BLOCKED WITH DISTS > AMPS.
Maybe even Landing scans aswell.
It's already prooved round after round that distwhoring is unviable.

And i don't see the point in your suggestion.
Most of the universe is already researching scans, round after round.
So not sure how many others would get encouraged, or if there are any left at all.

With your suggestion we may aswell remove amps, dists and scans all together, and just have some mouse over info display on every planet, showing their dev and ships. (maybe recent news aswell)
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2014, 04:33   #3
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

well you basically may aswell have that now then because you can go to your allies scanner and get it ... this is about making useless things go away and we now have a situation with fewer and fewer planets why waste time on having a dedicated scan planet in each alliance. dist and amps still come into effect when it comes to faking and incoming scans distorters then know the position to be blocked (the path of the fleet) and been high intensity energy and radiation in that direction nullifying scaning equipment pointed at it (incoming scan).

as you said a dist whore isnt viable, so this would make it more viable to build a few dists/amps I think. Unless you just dont fake or care about inc scans.
Unread 7 Sep 2014, 04:35   #4
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagic View Post
well you basically may aswell have that now then because you can go to your allies scanner and get it ... this is about making useless things go away and we now have a situation with fewer and fewer planets why waste time on having a dedicated scan planet in each alliance. dist and amps still come into effect when it comes to faking and incoming scans distorters then know the position to be blocked (the path of the fleet) and been high intensity energy and radiation in that direction nullifying scaning equipment pointed at it (incoming scan).

as you said a dist whore isnt viable, so this would make it more viable to build a few dists/amps I think. Unless you just dont fake or care about inc scans.
your idea doesn't change anything when it comes to needing dists or amps. so no it's not more viable with the changes, rather the opposite.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2014, 04:36   #5
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

this suggestion would primarily benefit new players and small tags, as all the huge tags already have a high amp scanner, noobs and small tags can now afford to waste less resources and players on scanning.
Unread 7 Sep 2014, 05:31   #6
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

So from the perspective of a planet playing in an organised alliance, when i am not playing as a scan planet i only research scans when i have nothing left to research, i build 1 amp and it doesn't its job through the entire round. this change would make less point in researching scans for me as a non-scan planet, as it gives options to everyone else, which just gives more options for me to ask for scans.

The two most used scans are AU's and J scans. As a solo planet they will have to either sacrifice their planet early to get these two scans or rely on their galaxy who most likely will want to exile them for not being a "big name player" (obviously there are exceptions). so they will have to fall behind in order to compete at a high level. would it not be more wise for a universal scan bank where solo planets can request scans at an overly inflated price (anywhere from 10 to 50 times the actual cost or something that reflects their value/score to judge cost for example) until they can get around to researching scans and building amps?

also the # of amps would also help reduce cost

Last edited by Blue_Esper; 7 Sep 2014 at 05:36.
Blue_Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2014, 12:45   #7
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

could be, seems more like a hassle, but even with a high am reliable scanner most will go for inc scans eventually and still will in this case cause u want to try to weed out fakes.

i mean these scans are nothing more than a hassle while u wait for your dedicated scanner or someone else to get the scan ... rarely in pa history have i not been able to get a scan so its all just a waste of time and effort and i imagine for smaller alliances that is amplified?
Unread 7 Sep 2014, 12:46   #8
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

and in your case a solo planet already has to do that but unless he has high amps he cant scan a whole lot to find targets etc, making things very frustrating for a beginner unless he is adopted by a good alliance or gal.
Unread 7 Sep 2014, 12:47   #9
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
your idea doesn't change anything when it comes to needing dists or amps. so no it's not more viable with the changes, rather the opposite.
it changes everything except when it comes to incoming scans.
Unread 17 Sep 2014, 04:42   #10
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

Save that anger for your bfs butt cheater.