User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Mar 2003, 02:33   #1
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Serbian Prime Minister Assassinated

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe...ing/index.html

Quote:
BELGRADE, Serbia (CNN) -- Serbia's government says the assassination of Prime Minister Zoran Djindjic was carried out by members of an organized crime group.

"This criminal act is a clear attempt to put an end to the development and democratization of Serbia and plunge it into isolation once again and was carried out by those who have been trying over the past few years to do so through various murders and assassinations," the government said in an official statement.

Officials are speculating that the shooting could be linked to a crime wave in the country and the government's efforts to stamp out organized crime.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 02:48   #2
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Everyone who doesn't care please raise your hands...
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 03:01   #3
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Zapman
everyone who knows this will increase the instability in the area possibly leading into another forumer-yugosslavia conflict please raise your hands
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 07:40   #4
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
everyone who knows this will increase the instability in the area possibly leading into another forumer-yugosslavia conflict please raise your hands
o/
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 08:24   #5
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
It's the Balkans, what did you expect?
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 08:47   #6
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Makain is an unknown quantity at this point
Truly sad, he sounded like a good politician. Something both the US and the Uk are in desperate need of.
Makain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 09:42   #7
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Zapman
Meh thinks he raises his hands. But it's sad for that little man i think
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 12:15   #8
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
this might cause a lot of trouble :/
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 12:32   #9
Amoruso
God made me cool

Amoruso is an unknown quantity at this point
nae joy :/
Amoruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 12:55   #10
Curufinwe
[+] Templar

Curufinwe is a jewel in the roughCurufinwe is a jewel in the roughCurufinwe is a jewel in the rough
For some reason i get nervous when political figures are murdered in Belgrade...
We have sworn, and not lightly. This oath we will keep. We are threatened with many evils, and treason not least; but one thing is not said: that we shall suffer from cowardice, from cravens or the fear of cravens. Therefore I say that we will go on, and this doom I add: the deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song until the last days of Arda.
Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 13:21   #11
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Amoruso
nae joy :/
you do not type in dialect. It doesn't work.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 14:19   #12
Zither
Alcoholic

Zither is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Curufinwe
For some reason i get nervous when political figures are murdered in Belgrade...
But not as nervous as if they are murdered in sarajevo?

<Ahriman> i didn't know they were shemales until i f*cked them...

If you can't win an argument without using insults you have lost the argument already
Zither is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 14:21   #13
Amoruso
God made me cool

Amoruso is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ELeeming
you do not type in dialect. It doesn't work.
pppppppfffffffffffffffff
Amoruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 14:39   #14
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:

Me too.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 14:49   #15
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
at least there is no reason to invade france and belgium this time
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 14:51   #16
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
at least there is no reason to invade france and belgium this time
I'm sure we can find one somewhere.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 15:01   #17
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
I'm sure we can find one somewhere.
they are the only countries in europe fully on our side atm, so that doesnt make that much sence to me as a german.
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 15:41   #18
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
that doesnt make that much sence to me as a german.
here your argument falls down
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 17:17   #19
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy indeed it's sad

He looked like one of the people who could keep democracy in the region, and he was an experienced politician - something the job now lacks. And it is true that people being shot in Balkan capitals hasn't had good consequences in the past...

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 17:38   #20
wu_trax

Re: indeed it's sad

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
He looked like one of the people who could keep democracy in the region, and he was an experienced politician - something the job now lacks. And it is true that people being shot in Balkan capitals hasn't had good consequences in the past...
not to forget about the fact that the people in serbia loved him (except those in the mafia ofc)
they dont have any replacement for him, and that will cause some trouble
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 17:47   #21
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
absolutely

i have relatives (albeit quite far ones) in Belgrade, and am Serbian Orthodox myself, so there's a large Serbian community that i'm involved with - we're all quite shocked really; we have to hope that no nationalist idiots get into powerful positions at this rather precarious time.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 17:52   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: indeed it's sad

Quote:
not to forget about the fact that the people in serbia loved him
I'm not too sure if that's true.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1086035.stm
"Indeed a recent poll showed that, despite his current political standing, he was only the 11th most popular politician in the country."

Besides, despite the whitewashing of his character that's inevitably going on now, he was a nationalist hawk who is almost certainly as "racist" (in a sense) than the likes of Milosevic. Despite this, he still managed to be a pro-NATO shill.

But he's dead now, so let's all just stand around lavisishing praise on him.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 18:25   #23
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Re: indeed it's sad

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
But he's dead now, so let's all just stand around lavisishing praise on him.
diana
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 18:34   #24
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Re: Re: Re: indeed it's sad

Quote:
Besides, despite the whitewashing of his character that's inevitably going on now, he was a nationalist hawk who is almost certainly as "racist" (in a sense) than the likes of Milosevic. Despite this, he still managed to be a pro-NATO shill.
Hahaha
He was one of the more soft ones. Less nationalist, and i should imagine considerably less "racist" than others 'on offer'.
But if you mean he was racist in the way that he wanted to hold onto and support Kosovo (which the western media is now treating as an albanian province) and its serbian population, i'd challenge you to find someone in that area who isn't 'racist' in a similar way.

George Bernard Shaw
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 19:06   #25
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: Re: Re: indeed it's sad

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
Hahaha
He was one of the more soft ones. Less nationalist, and i should imagine considerably less "racist" than others 'on offer'.
No I actually meant in the sense of supporting people like Arkan. Kosovo should have been part of Serbia though, and NATO intervention should have been opposed (obviously). But anyway, he was the worst of both possible worlds.

But anyway, people like him and Vuk Draskovic were probably worse than Milosevic.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 21:48   #26
TGO
Currently Retired

TGO is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm just sitting here wondering if the name Archduke Franz Ferdinand rings a bell with anyone, and if it does, isn't it a coincidence that this assassination comes, once again, at a time of fraid intra-european relations....
Unread 13 Mar 2003, 22:01   #27
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: indeed it's sad

Quote:
No I actually meant in the sense of supporting people like Arkan. Kosovo should have been part of Serbia though, and NATO intervention should have been opposed (obviously). But anyway, he was the worst of both possible worlds.

But anyway, people like him and Vuk Draskovic were probably worse than Milosevic.
Vuk is definitely an extreme nationalist, but i'm not sure you could say he's worse than Milosevic, and i don't think Djindjic touched near either of them (in political beliefs - he worked with Vuk to get Milosevic out of power ofc). And as for the business with Arkan, i think he was more reluctant to hand him over not because he sympathised with him, but because a lot of the nationalist serbs did.

George Bernard Shaw