User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 12 Apr 2003, 03:51   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
what am i doing here?

(i think everyone goes through this.. but it's my turn to rant)

what am i doing on the internet? sure i've met some great people, and i've met crap people. i've helped people better their lives, but done sweet fa to better mine. i've prevented suicide, yet i've caused people hurt. though people one the internet should be faceless entities.. when i meet someone and talk to them more than a few times.. they become an actual person to me. and i can't stand it when i know i've hurt them
i KNOW you can't please everyone, but i still feel bad. character flaw i suppose. now i'm sitting here knowing i've hurt a few people in the past few days (reasons and names will be left out) and saying 'sorry' doesn't seem good enough.
while i've met great people who have helped me through some difficult things.. sometimes it seems the bad outweighs the good.

so i ask myself.. what am i doing here? is it worth it? i don't know :\

anyways.. i'm off for dinner.
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 04:19   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Hi darling :|
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 04:34   #3
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
lo hun
i'm having internet blahs again
i need to go discover something in rl to make them go away.
the problem is.. there's nothing interesting to do in this crap town.
i need to move to the uk!
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 04:36   #4
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
lo hun
i'm having internet blahs again
i need to go discover something in rl to make them go away.
the problem is.. there's nothing interesting to do in this crap town.
i need to move to the uk!
There is not a lot of interesting things in the UK either, pretty well boring here at 4:30ish in the Morning.
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 05:07   #5
Aryn
Happy

yes but i'd be living in uk time right?
i wouldn't be up at 4:30am fs
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 05:10   #6
Amoril
Twisted

Amoril is an unknown quantity at this point
Fish have feelings too!
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 06:24   #7
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Unhappy

don't leave me to be Canadish all on meh own
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 11:03   #8
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
The obvious answer is that you're wasting your time in which you could be doing many worthwhile things such as meet real people, learn something, have kids, get a respectable job and other such boring things. No wonder we spend so much time here.
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 12:58   #9
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
No one is saying you can't use the internet, just don't live your life on it.
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 13:23   #10
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
i get this

and i feel like you do

but it never helps

:/
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 13:37   #11
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
As long as you use the Internet as a supplement to real life, and not real life as a supplement to the Internet, don't worry.

Matrim
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 18:32   #12
Aryn
Happy

heh.. my rl ALWAYS comes first.
internet is like the 'getaway' from rl. though lately it's sorta been more boring than my rl.
i need to find something fun and interesting (and cheap) to do in rl.

anyone have suggestions?
so far i've heard windsurfing.. but i can't do that here
horseback riding.. which i'd LOVE to do... but can't afford
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 18:35   #13
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
LO ARYN FS.

Abseiling/Climbing
Bowling
Learn to play the guitar
Shooting

'And so on'
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 18:37   #14
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
LO ARYN FS.
damn you :\

Abseiling/Climbing <-- indoor only.. costs money
Bowling <-- i need friends to join me.. lol
Learn to play the guitar <-- need a guitar first... $$$
Shooting <-- prolly need a gun for that too eh?... $$$ (though my dad is a member of the local fish and game club so i could use a range for free..
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 18:46   #15
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Hiking, canoeing.
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 18:47   #16
Aryn
Happy

hiking i suppose i could do if i borrowed the car and went somewhere nearby..
canoeing.. i'd need a canoe :\
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 18:50   #17
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Hire the canoe while you're there, doesn't cost much, though you can get one second-hand 'somewhere' I guess.
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 18:52   #18
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I had this **** long post about crap, but it did not have any meaning. Aryn, please dont go.

Suggestions for RL things to do:
-Draw/paint. Really fun, if you got the feeling.
-Go somewhere near you, but where you've never been. There are always pearls that lie in peoples neigborhood that the've never seen. This might not apply to big cities..Just hop on a train/bus and go somewhere you've never been before.
-Try to get new friends. Not replacing your old, but go to parties/social events whit people you know, but where there are mostly people you dont. Even thought you might only get to know them for a day, this way you can get amazing friends or amazing experiences.

But, to comment on the forums: If i had not used the forums, i would have watched the telly. Seeing "Fresh prince of bel air" migth be fun (althought its not) for a few minutes, but i think, in the long run, this place (or the internett) teaches me more then the telly. Of course, this is beacause i dont go to school, and have a 8-9 hour gap where none of my friends are home, or if they are, are asleep.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 18:59   #19
Aryn
Happy

i agree.. i've learned sooo much on the internet :P
i'm not 'leaving'.. but i'd just like to start doing some more interesting things.
there is a trail not too far from my house i've seen that i'd like to try. painting reminds me i was gonna paint some picture frames :P ta
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 01:15   #20
Sub
Banned

Quote:
i'm not 'leaving'..
If you don't live your life on it, then explain what you mean by "leave".
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 02:45   #21
Aryn
Happy

snurx said don't go.
i said i'm not leaving..
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 02:50   #22
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
snurx said don't go.
i said i'm not leaving..
:e_chick:

Your not leaving!

\o/
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 02:51   #23
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Re: what am i doing here?

Quote:
(i think everyone goes through this.. but it's my turn to rant)

what am i doing on the internet? sure i've met some great people, and i've met crap people. i've helped people better their lives, but done sweet fa to better mine. i've prevented suicide, yet i've caused people hurt. though people one the internet should be faceless entities.. when i meet someone and talk to them more than a few times.. they become an actual person to me. and i can't stand it when i know i've hurt them
i KNOW you can't please everyone, but i still feel bad. character flaw i suppose. now i'm sitting here knowing i've hurt a few people in the past few days (reasons and names will be left out) and saying 'sorry' doesn't seem good enough.
while i've met great people who have helped me through some difficult things.. sometimes it seems the bad outweighs the good.

so i ask myself.. what am i doing here? is it worth it? i don't know :\

anyways.. i'm off for dinner.
You can't hurt people over the internet. You can only make people realize they want to hurt themself.

Anyway, you're talking to real people. The internet is just another communication medium, like the phone, the mail, or even regular roads. What you gonna do, stop interacting with people totally?
W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 02:54   #24
Aryn
Happy

sure.. i'll buy me a shack on the mountain.
you can buy groceries online so i wouldn't even have to intereact wtih people!
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 02:55   #25
Aryn
Happy

ofc i just realized that a shack on the mountain wouldn't have the internet..
or heat.. or electricity for that matter..

i'm gonna need a farm :\
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 03:19   #26
Snurx
Dirte

I live in a cottage in the himalayas.
Besides me and Yeti, real dwarves are my slaves.

I have internett.

See, nothing is immpossible!
:e_chick:
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 05:57   #27
Ulysses
Impudent

Ulysses is an unknown quantity at this point
To get yourself some new (Or More) friends, you need a Job.

Not a career (tho that would be good) just a regular part time Job, pumping gas, or working in a store etc......

That way you have contact with new people all day long, the people you work with have a common point of referance so you have something to talk about, upon which you could build friendships, you also have something you can talk to your existing friends about, which gives variation to your life, and encourages them to be more reactive towards you.

The bonus is, you also have some EXTRA money, which you can use in your spare time with your friends (old and new) to take up bowling, or windsurfing or whatever takes your fancy.
Ulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 06:00   #28
Aryn
Happy

no.. i need a job to get money
the bonus would be making friends :P
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 17:10   #29
Aryn
Happy

lol

and oi! i'm not hurting them on purpose!
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 17:14   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I don't belong here, I don't belong here
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 17:15   #31
Aryn
Happy

that's right.. you belong here
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 17:17   #32
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
that's right.. you belong here
What, my darling? :|
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 18:10   #33
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
well, im confused.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 18:11   #34
Sub
Banned

Quote:
snurx said don't go.
i said i'm not leaving..
Doesn't matter if you "are or aren't". The concept of "leaving the internet" shows you live your life on it.
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 18:29   #35
Aryn
Happy

uhm.. not really.
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 18:32   #36
Sub
Banned

Leaving implies you reside here. Surely you disconnect? Isn't that leaving?
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 18:35   #37
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Tell me why are we so blind to see that the ones we heard are you and me? The internet is just a choice you make, it's nothing special, vital or important, it's just what it is.