User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Mar 2003, 01:54   #1
Azof
Teh "One"

Azof is an unknown quantity at this point
"Great" Minds Speak on the French

I had a good laugh at this, even if it is a gross exaggeration.

"France has neither winter nor summer nor morals. Apart from these drawbacks
it is a fine country. France has usually been governed by prostitutes."
---Mark Twain

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one
behind me."
--- General George S. Patton

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your
accordion."
--Norman Schwartzkopf

"We can stand here like the French, or we can do something about it."
---- Marge Simpson

"As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure"
---Jacques Chirac, President of France

"As far as France is concerned, you're right."
---Rush Limbaugh,

"The only time France wants us to go to war is when the German Army is
sitting in Paris sipping coffee."
--- Regis Philbin

"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better,
on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. True, you can sit outside in
Paris and drink little cups of coffee, but why this is more stylish than sitting
inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know."
--- P.J O'Rourke (1989)

"You know, the French remind me a little bit of an aging actress of the1940s who was still trying to dine out on her looks but doesn't have the face for it."
---John McCain, U.S. Senator from Arizona

"You know why the French don't want to bomb Saddam Hussein? Because he hates America, he loves mistresses and wears a beret. He IS French, people."
--Conan O'Brien

"I don't know why people are surprised that France won't help us get Saddam
out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the Germans out of France!"
---Jay Leno

"The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris
under a German flag."
--David Letterman

How many Frenchmen does it take to change a light bulb? One. He holds the
bulb and all of Europe revolves around him.

"The heaviest cross I had to bear was the Cross of Lorraine"
---Winston Churchill

Next time there's a war in Europe, the loser has to keep France!
If ignorance is bliss.....
Then why isn't the world a happier place?
Azof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 01:57   #2
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: "Great" Minds Speak on the French

Quote:
Originally posted by Azof
LOL
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 02:13   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Utterly Accurate
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 02:17   #4
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
they make ok cheeses
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 02:19   #5
Amoril
Twisted

Amoril is an unknown quantity at this point
Nobody likes a Homo.

Nobody likes the French.

Worth thinking about people.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 02:21   #6
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Amoril
Nobody likes a Homo.

Nobody likes the French.

Worth thinking about people.

Nod is French?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 02:33   #7
Amoril
Twisted

Amoril is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Nod is French?

He might as well be.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 04:15   #8
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point
accordion."
--Norman Schwartzkopf

Funny I have a report showing Ross Perot the nut job saying that one.

NOTE: Should we be going to War with Iraq or France. Decsions.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 07:31   #9
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Class

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 09:04   #10
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
mostly old

but still true

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 09:20   #11
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: "Great" Minds Speak on the French

Quote:
Originally posted by Azof
accordion."
--Norman Schwartzkopf

How many Frenchmen does it take to change a light bulb? One. He holds the
bulb and all of Europe revolves around him.

The three that made me giggle
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 09:35   #12
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
"America is the only nation in history which miraculously has gone directly from barbarism to degeneration without the usual interval of civilization. "

Unread 10 Mar 2003, 09:44   #13
elefant
Commando

elefant is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
they make ok cheeses
And wine and cars and footballplayers (even if they arent "real" Frenchmen)
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 09:49   #14
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
"America is the only nation in history which miraculously has gone directly from barbarism to degeneration without the usual interval of civilization. "
Cute
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 09:54   #15
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
And they produced the most difficult but also most amazing woman in the world

:/
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 10:01   #16
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 10:38   #17
Kegluneq

Kegluneq is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Source? I know forums I could use this on...
Kegluneq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 10:48   #18
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Two words:

"Maginot Line"

Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 10:53   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Kegluneq
I think Oscar Wilde.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 10:59   #20
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Kegluneq
GEORGES B.E. CLEMENCEAU
French physician, journamlist, statesman and prime minister (1841 - 1929)
im still wondering how wise he must have been to know that far in advance
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 11:14   #21
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
And they produced the most difficult but also most amazing woman in the world

:/
YES !!

Vaio
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 11:17   #22
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally posted by elefant
And wine and cars and footballplayers (even if they arent "real" Frenchmen)
i dont want to discuss the rest but CARS ??
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 11:19   #23
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio
YES !!

Vaio

hey, she's mine! back off!!
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 11:22   #24
elefant
Commando

Quote:
i dont want to discuss the rest but CARS ??
Yepp, the Peugeot
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 11:43   #25
Kegluneq

Kegluneq is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
GEORGES B.E. CLEMENCEAU
French physician, journamlist, statesman and prime minister (1841 - 1929)
im still wondering how wise he must have been to know that far in advance
Thank you
Kegluneq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 11:44   #26
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Yepp, the Peugeot
The only reason that the French car companies haven't been bankrupted through sheer uselessness (Peugeot may make a couple of decent cars now, but they made useless ones for a long time before that) is that the French refuse to buy any car that isn't French, thus guaranteeing Peugeot, Citroen and Renault a market for their utterly rubbish cars.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 11:56   #27
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
The only reason that the French car companies haven't been bankrupted through sheer uselessness (Peugeot may make a couple of decent cars now, but they made useless ones for a long time before that) is that the French refuse to buy any car that isn't French, thus guaranteeing Peugeot, Citroen and Renault a market for their utterly rubbish cars.
if you compare them to italian or even british cars they are not that bad. (but then, which car is bad compared to these ?)
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 11:59   #28
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
if you compare them to italian or even british cars they are not that bad. (but then, which car is bad compared to these ?)
Italian cars have style. British cars have class. German cars have reliability. Japanese cars have cool technology.

French cars are useless.

:P
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 12:02   #29
wu_trax

Fiat has style? Rover has class?
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 12:14   #30
Proteus
Lord Denning

I was speaking in general.

Class: Aston Martin, Rolls Royce

Style: Alfa Romeo, Ferrari
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 12:19   #31
wu_trax

well, i think french cars are better than their image. i wouldnt rank them as top-class (im german after all and we are supposed to be arrogant ) but they are somewhat ok
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 12:22   #32
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
hey, she's mine! back off!!
There are more than 1 amazing women in the US you know

Vaio
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 12:30   #33
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
well, i think french cars are better than their image. i wouldnt rank them as top-class (im german after all and we are supposed to be arrogant ) but they are somewhat ok
I'm sorry, but look here.

Do their designers work with paper bags over their heads?

Look especially at the Espace, Kangoo, Laguna Estate, Avantime and Trafic.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 12:34   #34
wu_trax

Quote:
I'm sorry, but look here.

Do their designers work with paper bags over their heads?

Look especially at the Espace, Kangoo, Laguna Estate, Avantime and Trafic.
at least they look different. most cars look exactly the same nowadays, no matter what brand
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 12:38   #35
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain T'Bolt
WTF is a Kangoo??
a kind of van, but smaller
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 13:01   #36
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Weeks
Guys guys guys.
No france == no arsenal fc.
Actually...
we have a winner
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 13:59   #37
m.ar.d

The last time the americans had to fight an equally matched army, their opponents burned down the whitehouse and the french had to come and save them.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 14:10   #38
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
Originally posted by m.ar.d
The last time the americans had to fight an equally matched army, their opponents burned down the whitehouse and the french had to come and save them.
Erm, I'd hardly call some former colonists with a makeshift army fighting the empire that ruled half the world an "equally matched" fight.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 14:21   #39
Amoruso
God made me cool

Amoruso is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
a kind of van, but smaller
Ford Vans > French pap
Amoruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 14:29   #40
elefant
Commando

France is helping The USA in Afghanistan and in the first war on Iraq. Dont forget when France was invaded by Germany in WW2 USA did not lift a finger to help.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 14:32   #41
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
France is helping The USA in Afghanistan and in the first war on Iraq. Dont forget when France was invaded by Germany in WW2 USA did not lift a finger to help.
I agree. Apart from liberating France from the Nazis, and giving the UK money so it could help liberate France from the Nazis, the USA did nothing to help France in WW2.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 14:35   #42
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
I agree. Apart from liberating France from the Nazis, and giving the UK money so it could help liberate France from the Nazis, the USA did nothing to help France in WW2.
Yes, the Allies loved the help of all the american servicemen that poured into europe in 1939.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 14:38   #43
elefant
Commando

Quote:
After Germany and Japan decleard war on USA. Franc + GB was at war with Germany from sept. 1939 but then USA had proclaim neutrality. In June 1940 France appealed to the USA for help but was turned down.

Last edited by elefant; 10 Mar 2003 at 14:50.
elefant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 14:50   #44
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Erm, I'd hardly call some former colonists with a makeshift army fighting the empire that ruled half the world an "equally matched" fight.
Nice exaggeration.

Shame it doesn't even make sense, but there you go
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 15:35   #45
alastair18

alastair18 is a jewel in the roughalastair18 is a jewel in the roughalastair18 is a jewel in the roughalastair18 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Yes, the Allies loved the help of all the american servicemen that poured into europe in 1939.
[Troll]
Where the hell did you get 1939 from?! The Second world war started on December the 7th 1941.
[/Troll]
alastair18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 15:47   #46
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
Quote:
After Germany and Japan decleard war on USA. Franc + GB was at war with Germany from sept. 1939 but then USA had proclaim neutrality. In June 1940 France appealed to the USA for help but was turned down.
I didn't say they were perfect. However, it was claimed that the USA didn't help France in WW2, when they obviously did. The fact that their help was 3 years late is irrelevant. 3 of the 5 beaches in the Normandy landings were attacked by the US army (if I remember correctly), so their help really cannot be discounted.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
Nice exaggeration.

Shame it doesn't even make sense, but there you go
He was running down the US army, saying it couldn't defeat an equal force (the British), when in fact the British ruled a massive empire and had much more resources and manpower. I believe the Americans actually won the land part of the War of 1812, so even though Washington was burned, they managed to defeat the army that the rest of the world couldn't. Hardly something to mock the Americans about, wouldn't you say?
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 15:57   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
I didn't say they were perfect. However, it was claimed that the USA didn't help France in WW2, when they obviously did. The fact that their help was 3 years late is irrelevant. 3 of the 5 beaches in the Normandy landings were attacked by the US army (if I remember correctly), so their help really cannot be discounted.
What he actually said was 'when france got invaded'. The US didn't do anything when france got invaded.

The statement stands.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 15:57   #48
wu_trax

talking about ww2, im just wondering, the attack on pearl habor was a preemtive strike and therefore perfectly ok, wasnt it?
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 16:01   #49
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
What he actually said was 'when france got invaded'. The US didn't do anything when france got invaded.

The statement stands.
I was under the impression that the USA was giving money to the UK (to be used to build up our armed forces in order to liberate France, among other things) from the beginning of the war.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 16:02   #50
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
I was under the impression that the USA was giving money to the UK (to be used to build up our armed forces in order to liberate France, among other things) from the beginning of the war.
Woops

misjudgement error there