User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 17 Jan 2005, 17:23   #1
Atilla

Atilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura about
Marketing....

Dunno if this is much of a sugestion than rather something i would like to say..

What i would like to say/sugest is that The pa team keep the community update on what is happening what progress they have made and what they are about to do to the game..
People generaly like being informed of what is happening and when they get the information they will be content even if it is a "hey people nothing new to report to day" or a "no progress today message."

The thing is that i would like to see a forum or a jurnal that the pa team gives in a report to once per day or once per week stating what they have done that day/week and give us there highlights of whats bin happening and what there working on all together.

I am a first year student on BI in norway and my studys goes under marketing and information. the first thing you learn when you start your studies is to keep your clients informed even though you really don't have anything to report.. as it keeps most people content and don't feel neglected..

My point is that i don't really feel like they are giving out to much information they update there portal about 1 month at a time with a new thread and at the end of a round abit more often but not to often then either..

So my sugestion is then that they setup a journal or some kinda of place where they can go in and write down the most important tasks that has bin done for that week or day to keep the community up to date and what changes are being implemented at the moment.. This will lead to a more organized place where people infact don't have to tweak there minds around asuming alot of bull and spreading false information about when the next round will be up and runing. and when it comes to things they don't know then its better to say.. at them moment we are unsure of what and when that idea will be implemented but further information will be given to you when we have it in most cases i've seen they don't really answer.. and to keep it automated just keep replying with that answer maybe formulate diffrent from times to times but it keeps us informed about what is happening and also keeps us content with what you are doing..

Your game is based on us "the community" would it be to much for us to ask you for such an idea to be implemented or would it just take to much time off your hands by asking you for this ? i don't know but i would surely think that you guys could spear atleast 10-20 min of your time each week to keep us, your community updated..

Thanks for your time..
sincerly Atilla.

PS might be badly formulated this post but i ain't the best guy in english so if there is any questions then ask them hehe :P as i am sure you will...
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 17:33   #2
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Marketing....

well we do read the suggestions forums and decide if things should be implemented or not.

we could tell people when something has been coded, but things tend to happen in bursts so it makes regular announcements unhelpful.

I could post things on the progress the development and stats commitees are making I suppose, but it probably wouldn;t be very exciting and again not neccessarilyl very regularly because its a question of when people have time to do things.

Though hvaing said that we do keep the community updated with which suggestions from here have been approved or declined, so its not like we ignore the community.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 17:36   #3
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I you is a hard working guy Kal.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 17:43   #4
Atilla

Atilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura about

yeah i know but kal what i am suggesting is that you make a place where you can post what has bin done over the last week even if it is a desission made in a burst...
its simply just not enough information kal this is something that needs a little bit more time to prossess i've played pa since round 2 and i've never seen a good information system inplace i've bin very frustrated alot of time because of insuficant information being give and not nearly regular enough to call it information. as for the suggestion forum yes its a good idea but we the core of the game would like to know abit mroe details and i can assure you there are alot of people out there that wants to see such a system set into effect..

Kal is it to much of me to ask that you spend about 10 min explaining whats bin done over the week ? what changes has bin done this week? what new ideas are you thinking seriously of bringing in.. what changes has allready bin made to pa..
you don't need to give an excact detail of all of this but a light version of what has bin done would improve alot of the community's trust in the greators and the rest of the pa team.

Information is a powerfull tool if not the most powerfull tool ever to be made. i seriously hope there will be done something simular to what i have suggested would improve alot of things and nothing really bad would come out of it...

Atilla
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 17:48   #5
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla
Information is a powerfull tool if not the most powerfull tool ever to be made.
Atilla
thats a good point, historically we have not liked to tell the world everything we are doing becuase there are competitors out there who could take ideas from us, now admitedly this is becoming increasingly less of a problem, but we are bound by NDAs with jolt, so unless an idea came up in a public discussion e.g. suggestions forum we would need permission to disclose it. So I am more than happy to tell you what is going on in public forums, including the inner worksing of the development and stats comitee but commeitng on the inner workings is not something that can be agreed so easily.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 18:21   #6
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [Discuss] Marketing....

What I am considering and discussing with Kal is a pateam blog. Each member of pateam has a blog (or some of us, as I can see some never getting updated) which they update when they have time and have something interesting to say.

I think it is a good idea to give the community an idea of what we do on Planetarion on a weekly/monthly basis. There is the thing about NDA restrictions. If we can iron out that, then we can go ahead with the suggestion.

Thank you Atilla.
Blixxard is offline   Reply With Quote