User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 28 Aug 2011, 19:23   #1
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
It becomes quite amusing

When you break the rules:

Today I was a bad laddie, had a bit of fun using the in game mail, anyway, I was reported for it, (some muppet took exception to my humour).

The punishment a round long ban on using the in game mail system.

Not happy, I checked the Manual at the time and then went along to MH to see if i could get it undone.

The Manual at that time made no mention of removal of mail use.

It referred to a warning for 1st offence and possible closure for further offences.

So along I went and pointed this out, however that made no odds that was the punishment and there word was final, so I checked and checked again, and nope nothing.

Complained via an MH ticket and to Ace in the Channel and PM, he insisted it was a proper action but then admitted it was not published in the Manual.

So quite rightly I suggested that the action (punishment) was unreasonable as it was not a published Sanction.

So what did he do, he changed the manual and rules to include it.

Nice Going, lets not enforce the rules as published, lets just add to them on the fly as we feel like it.

Great way to put confidence in players.

PS: I am not complaining about the Punishment it is probably warranted, but it is unreasonable to apply a punishment against a player that is not within the published rules and regulations at the time of the offence.