User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Mar 2005, 13:08   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
It's "weird feature day" again... this is a real WTF...

I was just fiddling around a bit trying to scroll the code view in VB6 without having to touch the mouse.
So I tried:

CTRL+down arrow... nothing
ALT+down arrow... nothing
SHIFT+down arrow... nothing
CTRL+ALT+down arrow... WTF!!!!!1112

CTRL+ALT+up arrow fixes things again BTW

[edit]
For those who "don't get it", this combination flips the screen upside down.
It doesn't work here at home though, which could mean it's something in VB6 or something else my boss and me both have installed on our computer.
[/edit]

Last edited by Structural Integrity; 17 Mar 2005 at 20:05.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 13:12   #2
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Re: It's "weird feature day" again... this is a real WTF...

Wait. Is this just in VB6 ?
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 13:14   #3
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
I was just fiddling around a bit trying to scroll the code view in VB6 without having to touch the mouse.
So I tried:

CTRL+down arrow... nothing
ALT+down arrow... nothing
SHIFT+down arrow... nothing
CTRL+ALT+down arrow... WTF!!!!!1112

CTRL+ALT+up arrow fixes things again BTW
god i thought you were bored in the last thread you must be overly bored in this thread quit your job and become a student again *g*
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 13:15   #4
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't get it...
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 13:24   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
Wait. Is this just in VB6 ?
No, I tried this on the desktop as well and on a laptop. Both have VB6 installed tho.
Windows2000 Professional BTW.
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 13:39   #6
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Oh, and this combination flips the screen upside down for those who cannot replicate this.
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 13:47   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
god i thought you were bored in the last thread you must be overly bored in this thread quit your job and become a student again *g*
Yeh, I'm bored.
I just wrote this comment in some existing code:

Code:
'This function adapts the 'EmplSpecialPaym' Table which
'contains calculated special payment for an Employee in a Period.
'Who would have guessed that retrieving information is also considered adapting.
'Yes, that's right, this function also retrieves data.
'Hey! Don't look at me now, I didn't make it! I just write the sporadic comments in this code.
Function AdaptEmplSpecialPayment(Empl As Long, Period As Integer, _
            FDate As Long, TDate As Long, pType As Integer, _
            Paym As Single, Optional ActTime As Long, _
            Optional GetData As Boolean = False) As Boolean

etc etc
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 19:39   #8
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
I don't get it...
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 00:02   #9
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

it doesn't work for me
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 00:53   #10
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: It's "weird feature day" again... this is a real WTF...

This CTRL + ALT + Down doesn't work for me either.

But what REALLY REALLY sucks? In the code editor window of Visual Basic 6.0, my mouse wheel scrolling doesn't work. No, it's not the "only use ms office compatible mouse scrolling" option in system control settings. It just doesn't work in VB6.
I've noticed that on another computer of mine.

Also once I noticed in VB6: If you place a vertical scrollbar inside a frame, and run the app from inside the IDE (F5), using your mouthwheel inside the frame actually moves the scrollbar. I found this automatic implementation really nice and told everyone about it.
I then gave away compiled exe-files of some sort of level-editor, and see: It didn't work in there.
From that time on, I couldn't reproduce it neither get something similar to work ever again :-/

And oh yeah, I still want to use VB for my whatever-server...

Oh, and while it's still stupid features day:
You know when you double-click on the top-bar of a window, it maximizes to full screen?
But then click on the icon on the top left of that bar. And the window closes. Why the hell?
Unread 19 Mar 2005, 07:31   #11
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently in relation to the screen flipping thing:

"its actually not a virus or anything so naughty - but to do with Intel Extreme Graphics
- which "powers" a lot of VDUs. Go to control panel --> double click Intel Extreme
Graphics, click rotation and then deselect the enable rotation box. Hey presto -
bobs your uncle..."
Unread 19 Mar 2005, 12:30   #12
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
Apparently in relation to the screen flipping thing:

"its actually not a virus or anything so naughty - but to do with Intel Extreme Graphics
- which "powers" a lot of VDUs. Go to control panel --> double click Intel Extreme
Graphics, click rotation and then deselect the enable rotation box. Hey presto -
bobs your uncle..."
cool! it works for me now!
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote