User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 14 Aug 2004, 11:49   #1
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Today's footballing bets are:

Singles:

Tottenham v Liverpool - Liverpool @ 6/5 offers a good chance to double your money. We traditionally do well against the Yids, and they finished poorly last season. Liverpool will be too much for them.

Middlesbrough V Newcastle - Middlesbrough @ 11/8 Middlesbrough have bought well, McClaren is an excellent coach, Newcaslte have this bout of conjunctivitis, with the match almost being postponed.

Both matches live on sky (ppv)

Treble:

Reading @ 6/5
Stockport @ 9/4
Wigan @ 9/4

£5.00 stake returns £163.52
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 11:51   #2
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Today's footballing bets are:

I reckon the matches you are betting on will both finish as draws.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 12:38   #3
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Had the same bet as you on the Liverpool game. Not sure about the Middlesborough one, although felt Charlton looked good at 9/4 to beat Bolton to punted for that instead.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 12:39   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1-X should do some kind of betting-based prediction league where people have to "invest" a certain some each week or something.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 16:09   #5
Sunday8pm
Banned

Well I've called liverpool vs tottenham right.

Now to see if I call the latter right as well.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 16:41   #6
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

See my Charlton tip was a winner... what a ****
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 16:44   #7
Nadval
m00

Nadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant future

I predict Forest 3 Crewe 2... comeon forest get another!
Nadval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 17:13   #8
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Not bad Sunday, good prediction for our game. Unfortunately we just sat back slightly in the second half, seemed to run out of ideas. Still it's only the first game.

I'd not placed my bet for the Middlesbrough game yet... so I've just had a go at the draw...

As for my treble, it's looking good, 2 out of 3 so far, with Wigan to play tomorrow.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 17:27   #9
Rids
The Bad Guy

I stuck a fiver on the Boro game too, went with your original prediction Belgy. That treble isnt looking bad, of course you can garauntee West Ham will finally pluck their fingers from their collective arses and balls it up for you tomorrow.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 19:10   #10
Rids
The Bad Guy

Good call again 8pm
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 19:42   #11
Sunday8pm
Banned

Basically I had a look at Tottenham and Newcastle(Shay Given on a good day is the defence) and thought, Good defences for today and that both matches would grind out to a draw regardless of the superior firepower on the opposing sides.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 20:02   #12
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
We traditionally do well against the Yids
You do?

17.1.2004 H Premier League 2 - 1 Keane (p), Postiga 36,104
27.8.2003 A Premier League 0 - 0 - 43,778
16.3.2003 H Premier League 2 - 3 Taricco, Sheringham 36,077
26.10.2002 A Premier League 1 - 2 Richards 44,084
27.4.2002 H Premier League 1 - 0 Poyet 36,017
22.9.2001 A Premier League 0 - 1 - 44,116
22.4.2001 A Premier League 1 - 3 Korsten 43,547
19.11.2000 H Premier League 2 - 1 Ferdinand, Sherwood 36,036
9.4.2000 A Premier League 0 - 2 - 44,536
3.1.2000 H Premier League 1 - 0 Armstrong 36,044
1.5.1999 A Premier League 2 - 3 Carragher (og), Iversen 44,007
5.12.1998 H Premier League 2 - 1 Fox, Carragher (og) 36,125
10.11.1998 A League Cup R4 3 - 1 Iversen, Scales, Nielsen 20,772

That looks pretty even to me...

And you've won once at WHL since 97 i think...
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 20:04   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

BANNED FOR COLOURS CAUSING JONNY'S HEAD TO EXPLODE.
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 20:05   #14
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
BANNED FOR COLOURS CAUSING JONNY'S HEAD TO EXPLODE.
I thought Belgy was having trouble reading so needed some help.
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2004, 21:49   #15
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1.5.1999 A Premier League 2 - 3 Carragher (og), Iversen 44,007
5.12.1998 H Premier League 2 - 1 Fox, Carragher (og) 36,125

gg Jamie
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 15:05   #16
Rids
The Bad Guy

Well, the treble paid out for you Belgy, pld.

Just looking at the united game, tempted to have a bet on that :/
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 15:16   #17
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Well, the treble paid out for you Belgy, pld.

Just looking at the united game, tempted to have a bet on that :/
But your loyalty prevents you having a punt on Chelski to gub Manyoo?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 15:22   #18
Rids
The Bad Guy

Not sure whether to go for Chelsea to win at Evens, or Chelsea to win by more than one at 3/1
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 15:23   #19
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Put some money on Duff scoring .
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 15:25   #20
Rids
The Bad Guy

I dont think hes playing?
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 15:28   #21
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'ld sack Mourinho if he didnt play Duff. Anyway, from what i can see no team has been announced and Duff is in the squad:

Chelsea (from): Cech, Cudicini; Johnson, Babayaro, Carvalho, Gallas, Bridge, Ferreira, Terry; Makelele, Smertin, Lampard, Cole, Duff, Geremi, Robben, Parker; Mutu, Kezman, Drogba, Gudjohnsen.
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 15:39   #22
Rids
The Bad Guy

Team news: No Duff, or Robben

Unread 15 Aug 2004, 16:03   #23
Rids
The Bad Guy

Ok, so either Roman has strange white spots in his beard / tash, or hes just done a shitload of coke and not washed his face.
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 18:14   #24
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

My treble came up good, Wigan won 3 - 1. £163.52 returned, £170 withdrawn into my bank account.

Saturday Total Stake: £9.00
Saturday Total Returns: £169.72
Sunday Total Stake: £2.00
Sunday Total Returns: £0

Weekend Total Stake: £11.00
Weekend Total Returns: 169.72
Profit: £158.92

Smugness factor: +10
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 20:21   #25
Sunday8pm
Banned

Good call on the lower league treble, but leave the prem stuff to me :P
Unread 15 Aug 2004, 20:37   #26
Rids
The Bad Guy

Well, I did ok on the Chelsea bet, won enough to put me about £20 up for the week.