User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 23 Aug 2015, 14:05   #1
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of
Downtime

I realise that there has been no rollback (and that therefore the published downtime procedure could be said not to apply) but.............

Why are we having to wait until 03:00 GMT to log in to take any action which may be needed before the ticker restarts one hour later?

For the record, this isn't going to affect me personally but I'm concerned that other players may suffer as a result.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105

Last edited by ArcChas; 23 Aug 2015 at 14:14.
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2015, 15:58   #2
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Re: Downtime

Well fleets are not rolled back, so opening up the game will allow everyone to Prelaunch def now instead of what would have happened at 3am in the morning, if fleets were recalled the game would be opened up now.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2015, 17:06   #3
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

That almost seems to be an argument for having fleets recalled - but I doubt that's really what you meant.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105

Last edited by ArcChas; 23 Aug 2015 at 17:20.
Unread 23 Aug 2015, 18:19   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
Why are we having to wait until 03:00 GMT to log in to take any action which may be needed before the ticker restarts one hour later?
Reopening and restarting the game 24 hours later restores the original circumstances as well as possible. If you had to take an action at 3AM last night you have to take it tonight at 3AM instead.

Most people can get online at the same times every day. For the exceptions, PA Team will recall fleets, which reduces the impact for those people by 99%.

I don't see how they could do better. What would do you suggest?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2015, 18:44   #5
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

There's a difference between Saturday night and Sunday night - many people have to work on Mondays and may not wish to be online at 4:00 in the morning. Still, it's true that "you can't please all of the people all of the time".

As for what I suggest .... no thanks - I'm not going down that road again (for the umpteenth time).
Unread 23 Aug 2015, 22:04   #6
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

It makes logical sense to be honest. Opening the game between those times would give some people an unfair advantage. As Mz said, reopening the game 24 hours later restores the original circimstances.

Last edited by Clouds; 23 Aug 2015 at 23:05.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2015, 23:05   #7
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

So...what tick did the game go down and what tick will it come back at. I think I have it right but want to confirm.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2015, 23:14   #8
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Login Screen
GAME IS CLOSED

The game is currently closed and ticks are stopped and have been since the game went down at 03:57 GMT. We are going to reopen the game at 03:00 GMT on Monday, 24th August and the first tick will be 04:00 GMT.
That's all we know.
Unread 23 Aug 2015, 23:34   #9
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

I actually like the way they handled this. If you open the game now, people that normally would not be active at 3am are being given a chance to send defense and people allowed to better calculate where fleets are and etc. Opening it 1h before it ticks seems to be the BEST case. No unfair advantages to anyone. Whether it be Sunday or Monday or Friday it doesn't matter. The PA has to be consistant with how they handle issues. Had there been a rollback i would have loved to see fleets recalled but since they are restoring it back to the tick the problem occurred i see no reason otherwise.
Unread 24 Aug 2015, 11:06   #10
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Agreed, I thought this was well managed - it was absolutely clear what PA team were going to do, and if you had a problem, you had some way to contact them and sort it.

Unread 24 Aug 2015, 11:53   #11
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

PA Team still need to clarify whether the round will be reduced by 24 ticks, or if the the round now finishes on Saturday rather than Friday.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 24 Aug 2015, 12:31   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No, they don't.

Quote:
Round started on: Fri, 07 Aug 20:00:00
Round ends on: Fri, 25 Sep 20:00:00
Final Tick: 1153
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2015, 14:34   #13
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
There's a difference between Saturday night and Sunday night - many people have to work on Mondays and may not wish to be online at 4:00 in the morning. Still, it's true that "you can't please all of the people all of the time".

As for what I suggest .... no thanks - I'm not going down that road again (for the umpteenth time).
It sounds like you're suggesting close the game for a week so it'll be Saturday night again!
Unread 24 Aug 2015, 17:29   #14
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
No, they don't.
Your always coming off negative, instead of saying "no they dont" say "they already did".

<Ave> both has bad gfx