User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Dec 2009, 07:18   #1
Cowch
Moo

Cowch is on a distinguished road
A suggestion for Stats

The basic idea is that terran, zik, xan and etd all have a gap in their defense. Cath gets a full set because they get about 5 times the number of incs the rest the races do. But, they aren't capable of exploiting any of the other races' gaps.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...20VLQKBQ&gid=1

In no way is that meant to be a completely functional set of stats. It's just a way to demonstrate the idea. I'm probably not capable of grasping all the intricacies of making a full set of stats. I can barely tie my shoes...
Cowch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2009, 07:48   #2
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about
Re: A suggestion for Stats

I dont mind the the idea. The game is currently dominated by mass teamups anyway, meaning self cover is almost non existant. I dont see a huge difference between an idea like this, and how PA currently works, which is, if a player wishes to save his roides, ingal/ally def are neccesary.

People will surely cry about the extremely casual player, who doesnt want to join an Alliance, and how stats like these essentially erase any chance of successfully playing solo, but really, thoese sorts of players are being pushed out of the game more by the super strict exile policy that most gals have, and as a a result, casual players find themselves in the bottom gals anyway, where it makes no difference what the stats are, theyre going to get spanked.

These stats arent a huge step from how PA is currently played. Generally speaking, certain races/fleets are off targets to your own, because of Initiative disadvantages. All these stats really do, is remove the highly innefficient ways of defending vs particular incomings (such as Shadow vs Tycoon this round), which are generally only an option for the top end, value fat alliances.

Stats like these would certainly open up several methods of play for Alliances/Blocks that fight each other, while potentially providing an increased ability for fresh blood players, to enjoy the game offensively.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?

Last edited by [JungleMuffin]; 15 Dec 2009 at 07:53.
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2009, 08:26   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Races already have gaps in their defence, they're just not as obvious as in your set.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2009, 08:42   #4
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

ive never made any stats, nor will i try to make a set as i simply just fail in it..

neways, i know its easy to ask, tho id love to see more offencive round - more harder to defend the incomings

sorry if this didnt make any sense at all
Unread 15 Dec 2009, 09:44   #5
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

i don't like the idea of having such obvious gaps, it doesn't make sense and it would dictate too much who attacks who... i prefer a set where you are able to attack anyone... and being attacked by anyone.
Unread 15 Dec 2009, 15:40   #6
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I do think that there is a decent "template" to work with also worth testing out
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2009, 16:01   #7
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd have to make 2 points here. One JM is right, these stats aren't really a huge step away from what we have at the present and I doubt they'd "mix things up" that much. Second, the effective change that would occur is that it'd make things extraordinarily frustrating. Can people who played r25 zik where you'd just get ****ing owned by a zik half your size with a shit fleet because clippers stole before thieves remember how bad that was? Under the current stats scheme (which isn't really being changed by this) adding back in something like that would be a definite mistake in my opinion.
Unread 15 Dec 2009, 16:37   #8
Cowch
Moo

Cowch is on a distinguished road

I didn't play r25, but I could see how frustrating it would be to get landed on by a planet a quarter your size.

The goal here is to create a more offensive system, and one that encourages a broader distribution of races. Something approaching 25% of each (although I realize that wouldn't happen even with perfectly balanced stats because people have a preference for playing style despite the relative strengths and weaknesses in the stats each round).

That said, any system that does those two things is fine with me. I think the no-def idea caught on because people are tired of massing 14 fleets only to have to recall on 2 or 3 xan fakes.

Another thing I would like to see in stats is two, truly viable options for each race. Cath usually has Co and Cr, but I don't think Terran Bs is ever as viable as the Fr fortress. This system (hopefully) allows a Ter to exploit either Etd weakness against De, or Xan weakness against Bs and have similar options for the other races (although I maintain this isn't supposed to be an actually workable set of stats).

So, I welcome people to use this thread to post other options for changing stats. Hopefully someone will try something more radical than my stats. I acknowledge this isn't really a change in the system we already have; it's just taking it to an extreme. Stats are the one thing that changes every round, so if we want a major change, this is probably our best bet.

Last edited by Cowch; 15 Dec 2009 at 16:40. Reason: Typos
Cowch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2009, 17:03   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I would not be particularly against making the stats a bit more offence oriented. Your proposal is excessively so, though.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 08:57   #10
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...XVFhmaFE&hl=en

Thought I would have a go at a set of stats...

EDIT: Unlocked

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx

Last edited by MrLobster; 16 Dec 2009 at 16:08.
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 15:12   #11
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

You've set that to private, I can't access that.
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 16:32   #12
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Its not a full set of stats as its only the whats targetting what scheme.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote