User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Jun 2003, 11:16   #1
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
[spooks]

Unread 3 Jun 2003, 11:19   #2
Anu
Kontrč*******

Anu is infamous around these parts
Anu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 11:19   #3
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
no.

saw it last night and thought it was a bit rubbish to be honest.

I remember it being better than that.
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 11:24   #4
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Freakozoid
no.

saw it last night and thought it was a bit rubbish to be honest.

I remember it being better than that.
You're just bitter cos that bint didn't get blown up...
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 11:35   #5
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: [spooks]

Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 11:52   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I liked the way it seamlessly moved from Serious Drama to Poorly Written Farce and back again.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 12:17   #7
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [spooks]

Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
I liked when they sent the war criminal to egypt to get castrated out of sheer spite.

plus it has Keely Hawkes in it
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 13:51   #8
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
giles hung himself
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 13:56   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Add
giles hung himself
Hanged
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 14:01   #10
Add

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Hanged
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hung

both are correct.
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 14:05   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Add
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hung

both are correct.
No they're not.

Look at 3.
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 14:07   #12
Add

Quote:
No they're not.

Look at 3.
that's what i was pointing out to you; hung is another way of saying hanged.

Quote:
v. intr.
To be attached from above with no support from below.
To die as a result of hanging.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hanged

hanged ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hngd)
v.
Past tense and past participle of hang. See Usage Note at hang.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hang
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 14:10   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Add
that's what i was pointing out to you; hung is another way of saying hanged.
The verb that you looked up was to hang.

It SPECIFICALLY STATES that the Past Participle of Hang, in that sense, is HANGED not HUNG.
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 14:13   #14
Add

hung ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hng)
v.
Past tense and a past participle of hang. See Usage Note at hang.

hung

Hang \Hang\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Hanged (h?ngd) or Hung; p. pr. & vb. n. Hanging.

Usage: The use of hanged is preferable* to that of hung, when reference is had to death or execution by suspension, and it is also more common

*but not required!
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 14:16   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Add
*but not required!
Correct spelling isn't required either, but it doesn't stop typo's being incorrect.

Anyway, www.dictionary.com is hardly definitive; to the OED!
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 14:18   #16
Add

Quote:
Correct spelling isn't required either, but it doesn't stop typo's being incorrect.

Anyway, www.dictionary.com is hardly definitive; to the OED!
yes, but words don't exactly alternative spellings. can't we just agree to both be right?
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 14:20   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Add
yes, but words don't exactly alternative spellings. can't we just agree to both be right?

No.

The correct usage is hanged.
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 14:33   #18
Add

Quote:
No.

The correct usage is hanged.
both are correct.
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 14:43   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Add
both are correct.
No, hung is incorrect. It's just entered the dialect because people get it wrong so often.
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 14:44   #20
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Add
both are correct.
hung is fine if you are talking about meat.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 14:44   #21
ELeeming
Cultured

P(MrL posts in a thread ==> Thread goes off topic) = 1
God Told Me To Do It
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 14:52   #22
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Quote:
No, hung is incorrect. It's just entered the dialect because people get it wrong so often.
Jakiri is correct. He've had this argument before at least one before?

I missed spooks.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 14:54   #23
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by MrPeach
possibly, but I thought it was just common knowledge.

Unread 3 Jun 2003, 14:57   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:

I missed spooks.
It wasn't as good as last series.

The dialogue was amazingly badly written, and it oscillated between drama and farce.
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 14:57   #25
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Wow, do a search for "hung". Not only do you find Jakiri pointed this out very recently but also that people in Roleplaying are stupid and use it an incredible amouont of times.
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 14:58   #26
Radical Edward

Quote:
Wow, do a search for "hung". Not only do you find Jakiri pointed this out very recently but also that people in Roleplaying are stupid and use it an incredible amouont of times.
I trust the fact that you are sad enough to actually do a search for this

Unread 3 Jun 2003, 14:58   #27
MrPeach

Quote:

The dialogue was amazingly badly written, and it oscillated between drama and farce.
Ah, then I'll probably be missing the series then.
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 14:59   #28
Radical Edward

Quote:

was it oscillation, or random flipping back and forth between the two?

Unread 3 Jun 2003, 15:10   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
was it oscillation, or random flipping back and forth between the two?
Depends how precise you want it.

Might have to do a bit of fourier analysis.
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 15:37   #30
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Like most stuff on BBC, the acting was good but everything else was shockingly poor, particularly for something that goes down the "hey lets be cool and have police, terrorism, violence, etc" route.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 17:04   #31
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
A State Of Play is far superior to this series of Spooks going by its first episode.
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 17:20   #32
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
State Of Play is far superior to this series of Spooks going by its first episode.
I caught the first episode as a repeat -- shame they never repeated the next one, i think i might have enjoyed it. :/
Unread 4 Jun 2003, 11:58   #33
ELeeming
Cultured

Quote:
A State Of Play is far superior to this series of Spooks going by its first episode.
I thought it was okay. They overdid the split screen stuff though.

But yes, SoP was slightly better.
God Told Me To Do It
Synchronise Your Dogmas