User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 May 2003, 23:19   #1
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Scariest Film ever.

Basically I used to think it was Aliens or Alien one of them but after watching it just now i wasn't that scared.

I first saw it when I was like 4 after that I didn't sleep for about 5months 'cause I was absolutely terrified

Now though I reckon The Ring (US and Japanese version) is the scariest film I have seen.

I watched it with about 6 girls and out of all of them I was the most scared

I am crap at watching horror films it seems
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2003, 23:22   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Titanic. I was terrified Leonardo di Caprio was going to live :((((((
Unread 18 May 2003, 23:22   #3
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
when i was young The Thing and Exorcist scared the **** out of me

i should download Ring soon
Unread 18 May 2003, 23:27   #4
Anu
Kontrč*******

Anu is infamous around these parts
None.
I became ice after watching Child's Play as a 6-year old
Anu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2003, 23:31   #5
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
not sure, as horror movies tend not to be my bag. I dont enjoy being scared very much.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2003, 23:33   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
not sure, as horror movies tend not to be my bag. I dont enjoy being scared very much.

heh

i think i start to apreciate your dull comments
Unread 18 May 2003, 23:39   #7
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
i just saw 'Below', that one certainly didnt qualify
Unread 19 May 2003, 00:02   #8
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
heh

i think i start to apreciate your dull comments
?
im missing your point, sarcastic or otherwise.

Unread 19 May 2003, 00:02   #9
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
?
im missing your point, sarcastic or otherwise.

Unread 19 May 2003, 00:06   #10
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Its fun to watch horror movies, beacause most of them are just funny. Of course, when a really scary movie comes along, its all better! (Like the ring, i was scared)
Being scared = the win.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 00:12   #11
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

i think as far as "horror" movies as such go, the blair witch ranks high up there for me. i remember being gripped the entire way through.

Unread 19 May 2003, 00:21   #12
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Horror movies rock, though I'm a sucker for the inevitable 'cat jump' scenes which get me every single time, no matter whether or not I know that they're coming.
Unread 19 May 2003, 00:29   #13
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
the ring didnt scare me at all :-(((

DAMN TV FOR ITS DESENSITISING.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 00:31   #14
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
when i was young The Thing and Exorcist scared the **** out of me
I was going to mention The Thing as well. Ouh and does anyone remember the japanese animation Silver Fang? Oh my god... that scared the **** out of me when i was a child. In fact watching it still gives me shivers.
Unread 19 May 2003, 00:46   #15
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Not since I was a kid have I found a movie truly 'scary'.

Shame really.
Unread 19 May 2003, 00:52   #16
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dookie Velvet is an unknown quantity at this point
Event Horizon always sends a slight shiver down my spine whenever I watch it, but I wouldn't really call it "scary".
Dookie Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 01:00   #17
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Remeber, if youre just sitting still and not "getting into" the movie, you will never be scared. That's just boring.
Of course, some people are just naturally resilent to scary stuff, but most are not..
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 01:02   #18
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
They - I thought the shadows were going to kill me!"Ł$@~:!
Unread 19 May 2003, 01:04   #19
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Hmmm...I guess the scariest movie I remember watching was Poltergeist...mind you, I'd probably watch it now and laugh my ass off....but no movie since has scared me like that one did
Unread 19 May 2003, 04:14   #20
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
if I say final destination will everyone laugh?

it was just about the one thing most folks are actually scared of, ie when you die..

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 05:50   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The scariest thing I ever saw was some BBC mock-documentary based in an ordinary house where they were supposed to be doing a live TV experiment as to whether ghosts, etc existed.

It must be about ten years ago now, but it scared the utter **** out of me.

Here's a URL : http://www.forteantimes.com/articles...ostwatch.shtml

Anyone remember it?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 05:54   #22
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
The Real Cancun....

Ok, I haven't actually seen it, but I'm POSITIVE it would scare the **** out of me.
Unread 19 May 2003, 08:00   #23
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts
When i was like 5 years old I went to Juressic Park I.........

I remember that the T-Rex scared the sh-t out of me. I got my jacket and hidden my face so that i didn't see it any more. When the scene was over I was happy.

Now a days no movie really scares the sh-t out of me....... pheer the T-Rex
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 08:23   #24
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Arachnaphobia....mainly cause i absolutely HATE spiders
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 08:56   #25
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
scariest film:

Alice in wonderland

or

Dumbo

[GAP]Obiwan
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 08:58   #26
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan
scariest film:

Alice in wonderland

or

Dumbo

[GAP]Obiwan

lolololololololorz

Unread 19 May 2003, 09:28   #27
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
The scariest thing I ever saw was some BBC mock-documentary based in an ordinary house where they were supposed to be doing a live TV experiment as to whether ghosts, etc existed.

It must be about ten years ago now, but it scared the utter **** out of me.

Here's a URL : http://www.forteantimes.com/articles...ostwatch.shtml

Anyone remember it?

YES, with the bloody guy behind the curtain who dissapeared and stuff? that programme scared the living **** out of me!
Unread 19 May 2003, 10:11   #28
[GAP]Obiwan

Quote:
lolololololololorz

i refer you to THIS thread
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
Unread 19 May 2003, 10:20   #29
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

some little advice for you m8!
Unread 19 May 2003, 10:44   #30
[GAP]Obiwan

Quote:
some little advice for you m8!
Oh believe me i've got a sense of humour, might be lame, and consist of quotes from Fawlty towers, red dwarf, Monty python, League of Gentleman etc,

it just really pisses me off when people CONSTANTLY type LOL like they will find absolutely anything funny, doing this is ok if your younger then 3.

Obiwan
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
Unread 19 May 2003, 10:57   #31
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan
Oh believe me i've got a sense of humour, might be lame, and consist of quotes from Fawlty towers, red dwarf, Monty python, League of Gentleman etc,

it just really pisses me off when people CONSTANTLY type LOL like they will find absolutely anything funny, doing this is ok if your younger then 3.

Obiwan

LOL

retard
Unread 19 May 2003, 11:04   #32
[GAP]Obiwan

Quote:
LOL

retard
i know you are but what am i.............................

[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
Unread 19 May 2003, 12:36   #33
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
the hole

or

the witches <-- scared crap outta me when i was a kid
Unread 19 May 2003, 13:01   #34
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
YES, with the bloody guy behind the curtain who dissapeared and stuff? that programme scared the living **** out of me!
I'm glad I wasn't the only one.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 13:10   #35
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
The Omen was scary when I first saw it.
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 13:11   #36
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
japanese ring scared me...

havent seen US version, too scared.
Unread 19 May 2003, 13:42   #37
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
The only film that has really scared me was Terminator as I watched it when I was really young when my parents went out. The film itself didn't really bother me but for about the next week everytime I went to bed I kept waiting for some robot from the future to appear in my room and kill me

However,

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
though I'm a sucker for the inevitable 'cat jump' scenes which get me every single time, no matter whether or not I know that they're coming.
I also have that problem. I will predict it happening then jump a mile when it does. Found 13th Ghost to be one of the worst films for that.
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 13:49   #38
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
i think as far as "horror" movies as such go, the blair witch ranks high up there for me. i remember being gripped the entire way through.
blair witch sucked dude
Unread 19 May 2003, 13:49   #39
cheekybru
Synaptidian

cheekybru is an unknown quantity at this point
The Ring wasnt scary at all :/ cept about 10 girs in the cinema i was sat next too screamed loudly regulary

<vampy> Cheek is 1337
<Zeus> Cheek is 1337 <-- maybe?
<idimmu> Cheek is 1337
cheekybru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 14:53   #40
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I'm one of those people who enjoy horror movies but dont find myself getting particular scared by them. If I had to choose a scariest one though id have to go for Nighmare on Elm Street 1. The first 10 mins of that film were genuininly quite scary, just a shame the rest of the movie (and series) couldnt keep that level.

Thats the problem with horro movies in general, they have elements that are scary but dont drag it out throughout the movie (probally down to the censors, I doubt even today youd get a movie that was actually scary for the whole film passed them and even if you could studios dont like realeasing such movies as they would get an 18 rating and restrict the profitability, they would rather have the 'teen horrors' which are more widly acceptable as they arent really scary or distrurbing and thus make the max amount of money

The ring was pretty tame (although I had seen Ringu first which being japanese was less hollywoody and thus more distirbing) although thanks to the timer on my tv it did give me a fright later that night (I had the timer to turn the TV on at 2am for a grand prix but had forgot to remove the timer. Woke up a few nights later having watched the ring that same evening to find my room lit up, looked over and noticed it was on but just showing snow. Now not being fully awake this gave me a brief fright until i realised what was going on )

As for Blair With it did get alot of stick in this country which was really unfair as it was an extreamly well crafted horror movie which didnt have to resort to cheap tricks to build up the terror. Its problem came from the hype and it trying to be too clever. For montsh before all we heard was "blair witch is so scary" or "best horror movie ever" and by the time it arrived here we were thinking this is gonna be amazing and it just wasnt going to live up to this (SW:TPM had same problem with hype as has Matrix:Reloaded, people were expecting so much that they came out dissapointed)

Now because people were exepecting something that would blow you away they got bored with the slow build up and switched off thus missing the whole back story to the blair with legend. This then meant they didnt understand the ending. If I had a pound for ever person ive had to explain the ending to for this reason I would be loaded.

Dont know if youd count texas Chainsaw massacre as scary but even today thats pretty distrurbing although like blair witch the banning of this movie has raised peoples expectations and most are then disaapointed.

Oh and then theres that single scene in signs thats pretty scary, you know the one with the film from the birthday party. Its not so much the image thats scary but its the combination of the image, music and the kids screaming that did send a shiver down my spine when I was watching it for the first time in a dark room on my own.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 15:42   #41
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future
Event Horizon does it for me.

To wierd for my liking, gets me every time.
Unread 19 May 2003, 15:51   #42
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
i didn't find the jap version of The Ring (or Ring 0/Ring 2) scary at all, not seen the US version but i don't hold out much hope for it

watched a german film called Das Experiment which although it wasn't scary, most of the people i watched it with found it quite disturbing
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 16:44   #43
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
The US version of the ring wasn't scary at all, although it was mildly enjoyable. Haven't seen the Japanese one.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 16:50   #44
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of
The hole was pretty scary (the first time through) and a pretty good film too. Saw 13 Ghosts yuzzerday and that made me jump a few times, got me on the edge of my seat etc. Not many films have done that lately

Arachnaphobia scared the **** outta me when i was about 9. Walked up to bed checking for spiders under the alcoves
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 17:02   #45
Kyoto
Lieutenant-Colonel

Kyoto is an unknown quantity at this point
28 days later (its out today on dvd) is genuinely scarey, the gouging scene for example, ok so you dont get a fright but the guys screams are disturbing.
Unread 19 May 2003, 18:31   #46
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
Watership down, the animated (film) was quite scary to me when I was young.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 18:38   #47
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by mpr0733
This man speaks the TRUTH!
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 18:44   #48
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

'It' caused the most sleepless nights as a child
Unread 19 May 2003, 18:46   #49
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
Event Horzion definitely. it really messes with your mind in every way a horror movie can.

somebody said The Hole, i can only slap their face with a bath mat and hope they die.
Unread 19 May 2003, 18:50   #50
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by mpr0733
omg yes.
put me off rabbits for life.

and whoever said about the robot coming into their room to kill them when they were a kid that was what I was like with Aliens except Aliens are far scarier than robots

those "jump scenes" always get me and imo some of the best are in Jeepers Creepers which made me jump through the ceiling pretty much. Pity the film has a crap ending I was beginning to really enjoy that film
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote