User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 May 2003, 11:17   #1
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Hail to the Thief

Hey, I'm actually Colin Greenwood in disguise so I've heard the new Radiohead album, and not got a copy of it by getting it off Giles who downloaded it of KaZaa at the weekend.

Anyway.

What do people who are also members of Radiohead think of this album?

I think they (we) have indeed met the promise of having 'more guitars', but all that has been accomplished is that the bizarre background noises are provided by guitars and not some kind of synthesiser.

So far, I like it; 2+2=5, Sail to the Moon and A Wolf at the Door being the best tracks 'for me'.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:18   #2
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Damn you.

I've got it on pre-order, because I can't steal (read: obtain through legal channels) it up good at Uni.

So I've only heard There There. The video for which is so similar to that Bjork one its untrue.
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:20   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Giles thinks Sail to the Moon is a song of beauty to rival any others, but I still think that Street Spirit and Pyramid Song outrank it easily.

Radiohead (we) have gone back to Prog Rock, after their very short dalliance with Progressive Jazz.
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:25   #4
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I like Jazz.
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:31   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

The Queen album?
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:32   #6
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
you're a member of radiohead? I thought you were Baby Jesus.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:34   #7
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
kazaa rip, discusting.

i got myself a decent version some time ago
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:34   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
you're a member of radiohead? I thought you were Baby Jesus.
Baby Jesus joined a band to make ends meet.
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:34   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
kazaa rip, discusting.

i got myself a decent version some time ago
THATS ILLEGAL I'M TELLING THOM ON YOU.

ps.

What do you think?
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:37   #10
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Hail to the Thief

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Hey, I'm actually Colin Greenwood in disguise so I've heard the new Radiohead album, and not got a copy of it by getting it off Giles who downloaded it of KaZaa at the weekend.
two weeks and I get broadband... how I love broadband.

Unread 21 May 2003, 13:46   #11
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
When i saw "Hail to the Thief", i expected something more then this. THIS IS JUST SAD.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 13:48   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
When i saw "Hail to the Thief", i expected something more then this. THIS IS JUST SAD.
Whut?

The Dude
Unread 21 May 2003, 13:48   #13
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Whut?

The Dude
HAIL TO THE THIEF?
That sounds funny, actionfilled, and something snurxy, but this is just a "chat" about a bad band!
SHAME ON YOU

EDIT: Ah, smart eh, chaning it to more dudy afterwards! THAT WONT WORK WHIT ME; MISTAR!
Unread 21 May 2003, 13:52   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Just because you're not with it.

The Dude
Unread 21 May 2003, 13:56   #15
Snurx
Dirte

Quote:
Just because you're not with it.

The Dude
I did not get that
Unread 21 May 2003, 14:26   #16
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
What is the track list of your album?
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 14:37   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

1. 2 + 2 = 5
2. Sit Down. Stand Up
3. Sail To The Moon
4. Backdrifts
5. Go To Sleep
6. Where I End And You Begin
7. We Suck Young Blood
8. The Gloaming
9. There, There
10. I Will
11. A Punch Up At A Wedding
12. Myxomatosis
13. Scatterbrain
14. A Wolf At The Door

[edit]

Where the hell does that Snurx quote come from?
Unread 21 May 2003, 14:40   #18
Snurx
Dirte

ITS TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXTS COMPLETELY.
we were talking about the end of the world and stuff.
Unread 21 May 2003, 14:44   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Oh
Unread 21 May 2003, 14:45   #20
Radical Edward

better luck next time MrL

Unread 21 May 2003, 14:50   #21
Freakozoid
Anon.

heh.

just downloaded the album and Sail To The Moon is rather nice.
2+2 =5 isn't great though, listening to the others now.
Unread 21 May 2003, 14:53   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

HOW DARE YOU DOWNLOAD OUR ALBUM.

I like 2+2=5, didn't at first.
Unread 21 May 2003, 14:54   #23
Snurx
Dirte

Quote:
Oh
I said something like :
"if we all die, im gonna give MrL a blowjob", or something like that.
Aryn was not really pleased
Unread 21 May 2003, 14:56   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Find the log, there's a good chap!

Sounds like interesting reading!

I mean, erm

'I'm good and would never accept a BJ off a strange man. Snurx <3'.

THATS RIGHT.

I'd say less than three.
Unread 21 May 2003, 15:05   #25
Snurx
Dirte

IRC logs are bad, m'kay? But for you, i will post it! :)

[23:21] <@Snurx> if we die
[23:21] <@Snurx> Im gonna give MrL a blowjob :))
[23:21] <@Aryn> :\

Removed two DarkJedi quotes that was not in that context.

[23:22] <@Starbucks> if we die
[23:22] <@Freaky> oh
[23:22] <@Freaky> i see
[23:22] <@Snurx> this is about as scary as the teletubbies :))
[23:22] <@Starbucks> i want anal from becky

(look at bucks, man!)

THIS IS ALL FROM #CONSPIRACYTHEORY™ (©)
Unread 21 May 2003, 15:06   #26
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
I don't like an of it.
Its beyond depressing, you'd be too lethargic to kill yourself listening to it.
The 2nd song is ok at the start, sounds alot like one of the songs on The Jackal soundtrack..., but then when they start the "like a raindrop" nonsense, it becomes sh*t.
Pablo Honey and Ok Computer are far superior.
Unread 21 May 2003, 15:06   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

hmmmm
Unread 21 May 2003, 15:07   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by SYMM
Pablo Honey and Ok Computer are far superior.
Pablo Honey.

PABLO HONEY.

There are more good songs on the My Iron Lung LP than there are on PH.

OK Computer > The Bends > Amnesiac > Hail to the Thief > My Iron Lung LP > Kid A > Pablo Honey.
Unread 21 May 2003, 15:11   #29
Freakozoid
Anon.

The Bends > OK Computer

[Edit] I like this Myxamatosis song
Unread 21 May 2003, 15:14   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

NO!
Unread 21 May 2003, 15:45   #31
Freakozoid
Anon.

YES!

and Where I End And You Begin is fantastic
Unread 21 May 2003, 18:28   #32
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Well, ignoring that's what EVERYONE says with a leaked album...

It's pretty damn good as it stands.
Unread 21 May 2003, 18:29   #33
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
I got it in Russia.

I thought it was ****. I don't know if it's real, but it's ****.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 18:13   #34
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
personally it's my favourite radiohead album (although i only have HTTF, Amnesiac and The Bends although i just ordered OK Computer) it's got a really good mix of genres! i think The Bends is too rocky for me tbh (although i sitll think it's great).

my favourite song is A Wolf At The Door followed by 2+2=5