User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 17 Apr 2003, 14:07   #1
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
noob question about mobo's and ram

Hi there!

I would like to buy a athlon cpu (like 1800 mhz aprox) with a cheap but good mobo. The point is, I don't want to buy new ram. Will I be able to find a mobo that can use the old ram modules that are in a Pentium 2 pc?

I dont know for sure what type is in that P2, its not for me, I want to give this to someone for a present.

I see those athlon motherboards use DDR ram? i guess thats not the ram a P2 use? and I guess you cant get athlon mobo's using SDRam?