User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 11:49   #101
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
Re: Most successful alliance of R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
would* ?

rofl yea :/
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 13:18   #102
Incredible
Can i get some green dots

Incredible is an unknown quantity at this point

I think EXil is the best because they have the biggest guns and funs.

Nice round everyon

Exilition
Unread 24 Dec 2005, 19:59   #103
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

I think Yeh deserves an honorary mention though. I think he's the first guy I've come across on an internet forum, who, by just reading his posts, makes me laugh and makes me very agressive at the same time.

Thumbs up Yeh!
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 13:09   #104
hylands
The beertender

hylands is on a distinguished road

first of all i want to say the outcome of this round didn't surprise me at all
with a top 3 battling eachother (angels, ND, Exil) they all did a great job killing each other :-P
but i think we need to look a bit further down on the ranking to see the real suprises of the round
subh 6th very good for a first round
vgn 7th not very suprising but still very good
TGV 8th has done all they could to grow
f-crew 9th due to massive recruitment (disappointment to me i must say allthough theyre a "training"alliance still nothing to be proud of)
HR 10th nice to see you guys there but u would have better merged with Rock as u guys teamed in everything (even in begging for mercy)

i left 4th and 5th spot out as i think these do not deserve anything but a nicely done but fighting in the huge wars u didn't. 1up even less then LCH at least LCH thried to get a war
ND had a good strategy of hitting subh, VGN and TGV for roids (to scared to take on anyone bigger?)
but the most suprising alliance i think is Subh with a very good average and place
biggest losers are 1up

greets
hylands
r14 Veneratio later vengeance
r15-r20Vengeance HC(r19-20)
r21 finally piece and quiet(round off)
r22 rehired at Vengeance as BC
r23 EXI scorp whore
r24 to 27 XVX
r27 to 31 Vengeance HC
r32 till now Tides of Vengeance spirit
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 17:39   #105
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I have to be honest and also mention Subh, while its common knowledge that I have a great dislike for Subh they still managed to impress me. Allthough I think you tried to do to much. And your members took a hit because of it, you managed to keep a good morale and a good cooperation. Great going for a alliance I thought was gonna be totally unruly
Well Kargool as you well know i dont exactly like you either, thats not likely to change, however you had the guts to be honest and therefore so should i, TGV gave us a great fight during the war, i know firsthand, ended up 6th in the uni for lost roids during the main week of it. You battled hard and your ally deserved your place in the top 10, idd its a shame you wernt 7th and right with us till the end. gg and thank you for the competition
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 18:54   #106
hylands
The beertender

hylands is on a distinguished road

well keg we aint exactly friends either
r14 Veneratio later vengeance
r15-r20Vengeance HC(r19-20)
r21 finally piece and quiet(round off)
r22 rehired at Vengeance as BC
r23 EXI scorp whore
r24 to 27 XVX
r27 to 31 Vengeance HC
r32 till now Tides of Vengeance spirit
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 20:08   #107
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
HR 10th nice to see you guys there but u would have better merged with Rock as u guys teamed in everything (even in begging for mercy)

well look it up in a dictionary .. i know its an alien concept for u hylands .. its called loyalty and friendship

and u were at that meeting ... we have the log so u should u .. we both know all we wished to do was avoid a pointless retal war... i seem to remeber your commander throwing u out of the room too .. did u overstep some marks ?
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 20:54   #108
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hylands
i left 4th and 5th spot out as i think these do not deserve anything but a nicely done but fighting in the huge wars u didn't.
woah woah woah woah woah are you trying to say 1up didnt participate in any wars or battles? Rather we just fencesat our way through the round roiding nub alliances?

Quote:
1up even less then LCH at least LCH thried to get a war
jesus!

you are saying that.

You do realise why LCH gained so many roids etc dont you? Because they avoided the wars.

You do realise why 1up ended up in fifth place dont you? Because we were in most of the wars.

Im sure eXilition will be able to confirm this for you.

Quote:
biggest losers are 1up
Yes we didnt win the round, hence we are losers as are the rest of the alliances 2-29.

However the biggest loser is you I dont know if this post was meant as a flame, propoganda or just sheer ignorance but people like you should really stay away from AD.
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 20:59   #109
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

so should most of 1up, ofc you are an example of those that shouldnt pig <3
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 21:06   #110
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah
so should most of 1up, ofc you are an example of those that shouldnt pig <3
<3

well I dont mind shit posters, just posters who post bs annoys me. Post the facts or dont post at all. Anyway 1up has some ok posters ;p
Unread 25 Dec 2005, 21:13   #111
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
with a top 3 battling eachother (angels, ND, Exil) they all did a great job killing each other :-P
but i think we need to look a bit further down on the ranking to see the real suprises of the round
f-crew 9th due to massive recruitment (disappointment to me i must say allthough theyre a "training"alliance still nothing to be proud of)

i left 4th and 5th spot out as i think these do not deserve anything but a nicely done but fighting in the huge wars u didn't. 1up even less then LCH at least LCH thried to get a war
ND had a good strategy of hitting subh, VGN and TGV for roids (to scared to take on anyone bigger?)
but the most suprising alliance i think is Subh with a very good average and place
biggest losers are 1up

greets
hylands
A training alliance... recruiting new players? never would have seen that coming a mile away. And yeah... I guess 1up getting pounded by exi early on was clearly farming, as according to you there was no wars fought by them.

I'm not sure what saddens me more here... The sheer BS residing in this post, or the fact he truly believes it
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 01:06   #112
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Sorry to disapoint you but TGV didnt lose roids to ND, we were napped.. Angels however thats another issue.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 03:25   #113
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

Quote:

biggest losers are 1up

greets
hylands
ok first first 3 allainces did very well, they must have to get those spots.
next rank 4 and 5, 1up i feel were unlucky not to get a higher rank than they got, but it was always going to be tough for them to get a top 3 rank as everyone was going to be gunning for them as defending top alliance.

LCH i agree with most others did very well this round, after their problems last round they have bounced back and seem to be a contender again.

subh have played the round well, and will be one to watch in the future.

Vgn..well tbh everyone expected you to be top 10 and you managed an average position, so hats off to you

tgv good growth..didnt have much to do with them this round, but a top 10 is always good for an alliance so well done to you too

f-crew...please dont take this the wrong way...i have the utmost respect for your alliance as you continue to strive to grow on previous rounds results..but this round appears to have been a step backwards for you. Last round you had most of AD praising you for your tactics and results...this round it just seemed you recruited and recruited till you were at the 80 member count, and used your higher member base to keep your top 10 spot. Hopefully we shall see a return of the true f-crew next round

Finally we come to HR and the point of my quoting hylands...
to see HR back in the top 10 is a pleasant thing, dont get me wrong i would have preferred rock to get it but i remember when i first came back to pa after 5 yrs away and hr were doing very well..You've had a couple of middling rounds so for you to get competetive again is a benefit for pa as a whole.
As for the begging for mercy, i wasnt in the meeting between hr vgn and rock but i know the ppl who were in there from rock and hr and i know they wouldnt beg...also hylands you were in my gal...as were two other rockers so you know for a fact that i never came whining to you to get you to recall when you hit 2 rock planets in that retal night, nor did i ask you to def a rock planet from any other inc on either the night you got incs from rock and hr or on the retal night.
So a piece of advice for you....if you cant comment on a topic without flaming..be it against rock or any other alliance...dont bother. all you will do is create yourself more enemies, and will cause vgn more grief over your actions by giving them a bad name

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 04:02   #114
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

bah its hylands, ignore him, hes friendly enuf most of the time but yeah he hasnt a clue
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 13:00   #115
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
f-crew...please don't take this the wrong way...i have the utmost respect for your alliance as you continue to strive to grow on previous rounds results..but this round appears to have been a step backwards for you. Last round you had most of AD praising you for your tactics and results...this round it just seemed you recruited and recruited till you were at the 80 member count, and used your higher member base to keep your top 10 spot. Hopefully we shall see a return of the true f-crew next round
The top 10 position had nothing to do with our 'higher' membership numbers. I could have kicked THIRTY members and still been around ~5 Million ahead HR and had a much better average than HR. The sole reason we had so many members was that we couldn't just leave people stranded, we tried shopping applicants out to other alliances that we felt could offer an environment that would allow them to grow but Subh, VGN, TGV, HR, ROCK and xVx all refused to take anyone below their average. So even though it increased our membership numbers above a level that exceeded our comfort level and which meant we took an hit to our average score we took alot of risks on these people that others wouldn't. As long as other alliances wont take them and we still have the ability to give them a chance we will take them. Does this mean our average will suck? yes. Does it mean we look to have recruited our way to our position? yes Will we stop doing it? No, while there's people in this game that need someone to give a chance we will continue and we don't care if idiots like hylands who's achievements in this game can be written on the back of a stamp decide to try and diminish our efforts and achievements. Perhaps when he's done something to earn some respect we might listen to his criticism
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 13:25   #116
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Most succesfull ally = eXil (not much more that needs to be said about them that hasn't been said allready)
Biggest disappointment of the round = 1up (no offence to you guys, just thougt you were stronger & that in the end it would come down to 1up vs eX)

In conclusion, this has been one of the most fun rounds i've played. All top 13 allies or so played a good round imo & made this one of the best rounds in pa history (especially since pax) I think we all had fun this round & i hope next round will be equally fun.

Also a big thumbs up to ToF HC & my fellow ToFers for the quick rebuild we made after that eVolution shit, if the round had lasted a week longer we'd be t10

See you all next round

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 14:10   #117
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

I would ofcourse selfishly and arrogantly say that eXilition was the best alliance, since we did end #1, but thats not why i posted. I wanted to give a shout out to Angels and 1up for their effort in the big wars and for making it a fun and exciting round. IMHO these 2 alliances were the biggest threats to eXilition dispite their relatively crappy end positions (and let us not forget that 1up ended higher then in r13). Pld to ND for their position, which was mostly achieved by smart politics. But i expected ND to put up a bigger fight then they did :/

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 14:51   #118
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
The top 10 position had nothing to do with our 'higher' membership numbers. I could have kicked THIRTY members and still been around ~5 Million ahead HR and had a much better average than HR. The sole reason we had so many members was that we couldn't just leave people stranded, we tried shopping applicants out to other alliances that we felt could offer an environment that would allow them to grow but Subh, VGN, TGV, HR, ROCK and xVx all refused to take anyone below their average. So even though it increased our membership numbers above a level that exceeded our comfort level and which meant we took an hit to our average score we took alot of risks on these people that others wouldn't. As long as other alliances wont take them and we still have the ability to give them a chance we will take them. Does this mean our average will suck? yes. Does it mean we look to have recruited our way to our position? yes Will we stop doing it? No, while there's people in this game that need someone to give a chance we will continue and we don't care if idiots like hylands who's achievements in this game can be written on the back of a stamp decide to try and diminish our efforts and achievements. Perhaps when he's done something to earn some respect we might listen to his criticism
Why didn't you come and talk to me ?
Score is not that important really, a person fitting in and willing to do the work is far more important tbh.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 16:16   #119
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I could have kicked THIRTY members and still been around ~5 Million ahead HR and had a much better average than HR. The sole reason we had so many members was that we couldn't just leave people stranded, we tried shopping applicants out to other alliances that we felt could offer an environment that would allow them to grow but Subh, VGN, TGV, HR, ROCK and xVx all refused to take anyone below their average.
We would have taken people below our average if they'd come with your recommendation, Wakey. The average score or above condition is just something to stop people with 30% of our average applying - we just don't have time to interview all these people and then explain that they don't have enough good points to let them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakey
No, while there's people in this game that need someone to give a chance we will continue and we don't care if idiots like hylands who's achievements in this game can be written on the back of a stamp decide to try and diminish our efforts and achievements. Perhaps when he's done something to earn some respect we might listen to his criticism
I don't think hylands quite expressed himself in the way he meant to. No doubt he realises the great work that F-Crew does for the community, and that whereas many alliances have most of their players near their average score, the same can't be said for F-Crew - who have some great players and then their recruits, leading to a large variation in score.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 16:29   #120
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Why didn't you come and talk to me ?
Score is not that important really, a person fitting in and willing to do the work is far more important tbh.
The majority of the time when we looking to farm out some of our applicants LCH were top 5 and close to the 80 mark themselves. Where as we could take a chance on people knowing we would get more spaces as we were outside top 5 I assumed the top 5 wouldnt be as they wouldnt get any more than 80 so I assumed youd be very selective on recruiting
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 16:34   #121
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

On the same note, we had inactives we could have kicked - but didn't because to do so would have made us lose ranks. Any players that you were looking to promote from F-Crew would have found a happy home.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 16:36   #122
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

Quote:
The sole reason we had so many members was that we couldn't just leave people stranded, we tried shopping applicants out to other alliances that we felt could offer an environment that would allow them to grow but Subh, VGN, TGV, HR, ROCK and xVx all refused to take anyone below their average.
I must agree with the previous comment wakey, your name carries a bit of weight in the community...and as such if we had recieved an application with your recommendation we would have considered them. However as the person in charge of rocks recruitment, i can state that we didnt get anyone say they had been referred to us by f-crew..let alone with a recommendation. If we did turn one away, it was because they werent going to be irc active..not average related.

Pls also note wakey i did ask you to not take my previous post to heart, i have respect for f-crew as an alliance and i was only posting an observation

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 16:43   #123
Death666
Im Back :)

Death666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
i agree with wakey...a lot of new members to PA will not know how to play or play very well and i know for a fact a t5 alliance wont recruit them as they wouldnt want someone crappy....so even though F-Crew recruited to top10 they are giving the noobs a chance to play and a chance to learn...and these noobs may end up being a t100 player...

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD15 - InSomnia|Violent Saints HC
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 16:59   #124
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
We would have taken people below our average if they'd come with your recommendation, Wakey. The average score or above condition is just something to stop people with 30% of our average applying - we just don't have time to interview all these people and then explain that they don't have enough good points to let them in.
That was the problem though, they werent people I knew much about so no-one was able to give much of a recomendation. They were just people whom appeared to be active, eager and just needed to be surounded by knowledge to bring the best out of them. As soon as I spoke to anyone and we got to the bit about how much I knew about them then any chance seemed to dissappear. People just werent willing to take a risk, they wanted some poof of potential not just inkling that they had some potential

Quote:
I don't think hylands quite expressed himself in the way he meant to. No doubt he realises the great work that F-Crew does for the community, and that whereas many alliances have most of their players near their average score, the same can't be said for F-Crew - who have some great players and then their recruits, leading to a large variation in score.
He meant it, trust me. He is a prat who has always had a grudge against us (even when he was a member). Its why we any critism from him will never hold any weight as the only thing hes good at is being a prat, a theif and a blackmailer. When he proves himself in some way in the game and shows he isnt holdinga grudge we may take more notice of what he has to say
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 20:08   #125
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

well wakey you know rock...we may not be a command team you have known in the past, but we are still the same alliance...we have never been anti-new player recruitment...if you got that from any of my team i'm sorry. And if it happens again poke me on irc (timeline) and i'll see what i can do

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 16:08   #126
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
The top 10 position had nothing to do with our 'higher' membership numbers. I could have kicked THIRTY members and still been around ~5 Million ahead HR and had a much better average than HR. The sole reason we had so many members was that we couldn't just leave people stranded, we tried shopping applicants out to other alliances that we felt could offer an environment that would allow them to grow but Subh, VGN, TGV, HR, ROCK and xVx all refused to take anyone below their average.
It would suck for someone new to find 3 vouches to join subh... no way getting around it. But it is a nessesary evil to limit spies joining
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 19:32   #127
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
f-crew...please dont take this the wrong way...i have the utmost respect for your alliance as you continue to strive to grow on previous rounds results..but this round appears to have been a step backwards for you. Last round you had most of AD praising you for your tactics and results...this round it just seemed you recruited and recruited till you were at the 80 member count, and used your higher member base to keep your top 10 spot. Hopefully we shall see a return of the true f-crew next round
I'm sure F-Crew's mass recruitment wasn't to achieve and/or keep a T10 spot, but rather to keep the purpose of the existence of their alliance and their mission statement, which is to train as much new players as possible.

And, from what I remember, R14 member count for F-Crew was also maxed out (again, I'm sure, was to train people) so it's really no different from this round, R15. And if by doing so, gives them a T10 spot, then so be it - good on them.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 19:36   #128
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakey
The sole reason we had so many members was that we couldn't just leave people stranded, we tried shopping applicants out to other alliances that we felt could offer an environment that would allow them to grow but Subh, VGN, TGV, HR, ROCK and xVx all refused to take anyone below their average.
You never approached Subh afaik. And it is absurd to say that we denied anyone below our average as we took MANY people below our average this round. We lost quite a few of our top 10 players to rl during the round and replaced them with people who were very small yet we thought had good potential and were active.

I can name 3 players that we took when they were about or under 100k score fairly late in the round and a couple more we took after midround under 1million score.

*note* we have made a couple exceptions to the vouches when we were satisfied there wouldn't be problems such as spying and that.

*edit* would like to apologize for going offtopic, just thought this was worth clarifying
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 19:37   #129
pig
1up on you

Hey guys this thread is about the most succesful alliance of round 15, not subh et al.
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 21:48   #130
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
biggest losers are 1up
As far as I was aware of TGV and ND were NAPed, I did think that was ND mistake of the round. whilst ND can take on subh/VGN but when several allys send fleets they lost roids. ND did have too many wars on different fronts.
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 23:38   #131
Judder
ROCKer

Judder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to all

Well played round to everyone, some more than others. Congrats to Exi for winning, and to the other for putting up a good fight.

It was a fun round right until the end. However, rather than focusing on stats and specific events, most of which have been done to the death, on over all performance and promise for next round;

1. ReGuL8eRs and [PK] (Pragmatik). I know that both alliances are new, the latter getting ready for their first round, next round - but both are very different sets of players and both look very promising. Fresh alliances, which is always a plus in this game. Two to watch.

2. TGV - what can I say - I just like you guys. Esp after what happened at the beginning of the round, but we're not talking about specific events

3. Exi - for approaching us for negotiations and being turned away, then benefiting from the rumours that we were helping them. No-one was satisfied with the answer that we weren't aiding Exi, even Angels believed we were. Cheers for that *fluffles*

/me fluffles sjor, nice to see you. When you coming home?

hylands - don't say things that you have no basis for. You barely had the courtesy to talk to us nicely during that meeting, don't try and do the same here. It doesn't make you look clever.

Fun round all, loooking forward to the next one
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 12:45   #132
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali
You never approached Subh afaik. And it is absurd to say that we denied anyone below our average as we took MANY people below our average this round. We lost quite a few of our top 10 players to rl during the round and replaced them with people who were very small yet we thought had good potential and were active.

I can name 3 players that we took when they were about or under 100k score fairly late in the round and a couple more we took after midround under 1million score.

*note* we have made a couple exceptions to the vouches when we were satisfied there wouldn't be problems such as spying and that.

*edit* would like to apologize for going offtopic, just thought this was worth clarifying
Subh were actually the first alliance I went to every time, with the lareg number of F-Crew members you managed to aquire before the round I thought you would be my best bet. On all occasions I was told that they were too small or didnt have the vouches.

Not that I'm attacking Subh or any of the other alliances policy, I know theres a desire to restrict whom you take in as its deemed better for the current members of the alliance to restrict potential deadwood and to prevent spies . I was just explaining why we felt the need to take in so many people, it wasnt because we were recruiting our way into the top 10 (which once again I will state we would have been ahead of HR even without these extra members) but because we believe in giving players a chance and if we cant get another alliance to give them this then we feel bound to take them on rather than send them to an alliance where they will struggle to get into the game with.

Ofc it would be good if the alliances I named could be little more open to giving these less experianced players a chance, all of them had plenty of room to do so and the more players whom get a chance to play in an enviorment that allows them to ahve fun is obviously good for the games future.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 13:46   #133
furball

VGN still remembers how to be a training alliance, even if it does less of it than it used to. However, we do now need you to come to us to recommend some of your members - we're not going to start poaching from F-Crew. Usually it's our members who find gems for us - a newbie from Round 13 is now one of our main DCs, for example.

Vouches are the only way to keep out spies, as you know. However, if a non-member recommends a player, then we judge that person's character as to whether or not they'd try to deceive us. For example, in past rounds eXil/1up players have recommended that their galmates come to us for a home, because they can't provide that home themselves. We've never had problems on this front.

I'll just emphasise again - we're more than willing to give people a chance. Ace, Ali and I have all said that we will take on people where they're willing to put the effort in. However, it's very hard to find these people without someone coming to us about them - but please please do so.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 14:41   #134
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Wakey, I got one enquiry from General1 about if we were accepting people below our average, it was a question so diffuse that I didnt think more over it. I am not at my home computer so I cant show u the log, but it was pretty vague and didnt at all indicate that you guys was bursting with active members wanting to join another alliance.

Next time, maybe approach us abit more clearer?
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 05:38   #135
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Cut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest

(And lets not turn this into a flame fest, lets get some decent discussion).
Hmm, unfortunately that was always going to happen
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 05:49   #136
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This discussion is over.