User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Nov 2002, 12:01   #1
General Geiger

General Geiger is infamous around these partsGeneral Geiger is infamous around these parts
Lipreading

Are any of you aware how utterly it's possible to do this? It's possible to literally read someone's thoughts from across a room. Think: why is that guy on the other side of the room looking at you? It's because your face gives away such a vast amount, in the form of little movements you simply can't control, even if you're aware of them. If anyone here isn't aware of it, you should be, if only to make you amusingly paranoid; it has done me. It's the whole lower part of the face, mainly, that gives it away. It'll conceal it from most people if you consciously, all the time, keep your face under control. If you're drunk, or don't think, or aren't aware of it, there's nothing you can do to stop your thoughts being effectively read. A few people, however (like one of my teachers) are so bloody good at it that there is, nearasdammit, nothing you can do. You think the wrong thing and it's just bloody there.

Be aware of it, for God's sake. You might just be able to stop it.

*morg has never heard of GD
<@morg> sounds like an std to me

<.KraKto5is8> "you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose"
General Geiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 12:09   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Lipreading

Quote:
Originally posted by General Geiger
Are any of you aware how utterly it's possible to do this?
Yes?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 12:15   #3
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
i bet you cant read what im saying now
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 12:42   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
i bet you cant read what im saying now
Well, he did include conditions about that.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 12:47   #5
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank god nobody talks face to face anymore.

Nowadays the only way we've got to tell what's going on inside our best friend's mind is by analyzing what kind of smilies he's using.

:)))

Matrim
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 13:43   #6
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i can do it with my girlfriend. It freaks her out and makes me amazingly paranoid...
dunno if it's a good thing or not...
although the fact she talks to herself helps...
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 13:57   #7
warlady
Lazy :)

warlady is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Lipreading

Quote:
Originally posted by General Geiger
Are any of you aware how utterly it's possible to do this? It's possible to literally read someone's thoughts from across a room. Think: why is that guy on the other side of the room looking at you? It's because your face gives away such a vast amount, in the form of little movements you simply can't control, even if you're aware of them. If anyone here isn't aware of it, you should be, if only to make you amusingly paranoid; it has done me. It's the whole lower part of the face, mainly, that gives it away. It'll conceal it from most people if you consciously, all the time, keep your face under control. If you're drunk, or don't think, or aren't aware of it, there's nothing you can do to stop your thoughts being effectively read. A few people, however (like one of my teachers) are so bloody good at it that there is, nearasdammit, nothing you can do. You think the wrong thing and it's just bloody there.

Be aware of it, for God's sake. You might just be able to stop it.

^^^

You're paranoid.
warlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 14:02   #8
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
You have told us before.
I am still afraid.
I have my curtains over the window.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 14:36   #9
GarekofStagel

GarekofStagel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Ste
although the fact she talks to herself helps...
lmao, mine also does this all the time too!!!
<Molletje> we all look like 3-15 char named internet freaks

* bandboy is now known as gAReK
<TigReSS> hey badboy
GarekofStagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 14:41   #10
General Geiger

General Geiger is infamous around these partsGeneral Geiger is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
You have told us before.
I am still afraid.
I have my curtains over the window.
Yes. Keep them closed. Then learn to do it back. It's all you can do. It'll take a few months, though. Look at people's lips.

*morg has never heard of GD
<@morg> sounds like an std to me

<.KraKto5is8> "you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose"
General Geiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 15:55   #11
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
is it true your face can make 7000+ expressions? i think i remember reading or hearing it somewhere????
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote