User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Mar 2008, 21:22   #1
draconiagoth

draconiagoth is on a distinguished road
Question Hi, newbie questions

Hi All

I have recently renewed my interest in web based games and so thought i would revisit Planetarion.

I have played a couple of rounds of PA before, the last one being in the first half of 2002 so as you can imagine, i am now clueless due to all the changes made since then.

I have a couple of questions before i start so would be most grateful if somebody could help.

1/ I see the community/ player base has shrunk a lot. Does this mean it is essential to be in a pre-made galaxy to suceed in any way? When i last played the game, you would be placed in a random galaxy unless you were pre-chosen by the galaxy leader who had to prepay for all the planets.

2/ I have created a free account this evening (same name as this forum) and made the starting selections for mining and contruction and things seem to be counting down already (i.e contruction research timer), even though the round isn't meant to start to the 28th. Is this correct or is the previous round still ticking?

Tia
draconiagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2008, 21:39   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Hi, newbie questions

1/ No. It's possible to be successful as a random, although some luck as to who you end up with is required.

2/ The countdown pretends like the round has already started, but it has not. Ticks don't start until next friday 20:00 GMT.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2008, 21:43   #3
[FC]Imperial

[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, welcome to Planetarion.

It is not essential to be in a pre-made galaxy as you call it. The ways galaxies work have changed, and if you want to be in the same galaxy as a group of people you need to create a buddy pack(which is only available to paid accounts and is subject to a maximum of 4 people per buddy pack) so everyone else in that galaxy would be random anyways. What is essential is that you make the best of you galaxy and defend them.. if it turns out your galaxy is really inactive then you should look into exiling from this galaxy into a new one via the preferences page.

Last round is over, and this rounds ticks have not started yet.. even tho the construction page will say how many ticks are left til it is finished this amount should not change until ticks start.. unless you have actually signed up for a speed round where ticks are running now.
Unread 24 Mar 2008, 21:49   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Haha I beat you to it.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 24 Mar 2008, 22:24   #5
draconiagoth

draconiagoth is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Hi, newbie questions

Hi

Thanks for your replies.

At the moment, it states we have 38 in the galaxy so that sounds good.

I guess i just want to be sure that i will not lose out by not not having initiated mining asteroids or starting research before the 28th March.

draconiagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2008, 22:25   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.

At tick 36 there's a shuffle which moves you from your original galaxy to a new one, which will have around 10-12 people in it. This is where you need the luck.

The countdown it will keep resetting to 8 hours and 59 minutes every hour, until tickstart.
Unread 24 Mar 2008, 22:40   #7
Greendog
Royal Cheese Inspector

Greendog is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconiagoth

I guess i just want to be sure that i will not lose out by not not having initiated mining asteroids or starting research before the 28th March.

I think that it helps starting before the 28th. I am attending a house-warming party with canapes and bubbly wine. Starting the research before the tick start will prevent me from being a social handgrenade with my pda.

Rd 31: Pilot Officer of The Duxford Wing 1:7:10 [F-Crew]
Rd 32: Question of Time 9:9:8 [Violent Realm]
Rd 33: Daydreams of Being a Cylon 8:3:7 [F-Crew]
Rd 34: 25ft Tall Dog of Calvins imagination 4:9:11 [F-Crew]
Rd 35: Teh return of of Teh Dog 8:6:7 [F-Crew]
Greendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2008, 23:50   #8
[FC]Imperial

[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Haha I beat you to it.

lol you sure did, you super awesome dude
Unread 25 Mar 2008, 13:53   #9
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

I would suggest you try to find an alliance to help you out, but its going to be difficult to land with a big ally without being upgraded.
my alliance do take in non-upgraded planets but yur chances of getting in are always better when yur upgraded.
you can come talk to one of our ops in #hidden-a or any other commander idling around there.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired

Last edited by HeimdallR; 25 Mar 2008 at 14:04.
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2008, 14:50   #10
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Like Heimdall's said, your galaxy requires a little luck, but the most important thing is to get yourself in an alliance. They're the team that can provide for you & protect you round after round.

If you head on over to the alliance recruitment forum, you can find more information there.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote