User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Jul 2010, 08:38   #1
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

LocknLoad will become famous soon enoughLocknLoad will become famous soon enough
salvage distribution

after seeing some pretty massive salvage farming the last couple of days, I would like to suggest a revamp of the way salvage is awarded. Salvage should be divided out to only the ships that take direct part in the battle either as flak, emp or guns based on value of participation.
Do not make me get out the paddle!!! "
LocknLoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 09:03   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: salvage distribution

Overly complicated and attempts to solve a problem that does not really exist. Despite being on the other side of the events you refer to, I have no issue with the salvage farming that occured the last few days. If an alliance is willing to let this much value get stolen for a small value boost that doesn't even make up for the roid loss suffered during the same attack, then they have my blessing.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 09:19   #3
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

two options regarding the salvage rule imho

1) remove salvage all together

or

2) give attacker salvage aswell

1) its nearly impossible to land to damage your opponent, as u take far too many losses yourself, with removing salvage defender will 2 times think if he stays to kill attacking ships and for the attacker it doesnt mean the end of all hope

that implies specially for fleetcatches

2) this will even out the in 1) mentioned scenario since attacker can land for losses without having his high ambitiones ending, while defender also wont completely be wiped out or can rebuild some at least

in the end not much diffrence between the two options, but in days of run and hide salvage became obsolete

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 14:39   #4
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

Just give attackers some salvage, to prevent those ridiculous I mass enough flak to get all my ships killed and then some more to force u to recall due to your losses even if u'd kill over 5:1 in value.

Not getting my hopes up, as this changed should have been done like 15 rounds ago.. heard that they reduced it once already.. can only imagine how high it was at worst.

And seriously 250 buildings.. I can't get even to 200 with etd.. when terran have had over 250 buildings for weeks already.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 16:47   #5
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNieminen View Post
Just give attackers some salvage, to prevent those ridiculous I mass enough flak to get all my ships killed and then some more to force u to recall due to your losses even if u'd kill over 5:1 in value.

Not getting my hopes up, as this changed should have been done like 15 rounds ago.. heard that they reduced it once already.. can only imagine how high it was at worst.

And seriously 250 buildings.. I can't get even to 200 with etd.. when terran have had over 250 buildings for weeks already.
You want to crash for roids without losing value, AND you want the terran construction benefits to apply for Etd aswell!?

Just stop crashing and play terran instead. Problem solved.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 17:47   #6
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
You want to crash for roids without losing value, AND you want the terran construction benefits to apply for Etd aswell!?

Just stop crashing and play terran instead. Problem solved.
I want the benefit limited so that etd can get max buildings or damn close to them at end of round.. I don't care if ter get's them faster so long as at tick 1000++ we'r at same.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 17:56   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah, I want Cath to get Terran construction speed too. And give Xan Cath research speed while you're at it!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 18:20   #8
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNieminen View Post
I want the benefit limited so that etd can get max buildings or damn close to them at end of round.. I don't care if ter get's them faster so long as at tick 1000++ we'r at same.
That doesn't make any sort of sense. If anything, the terrans should be bitching about only being allowed 250 constructions, it takes away one of their best racial bonuses for like 1/3 of the game.. and I don't see why everyone should end on the same amount of constructions.

That said, terrans are atm out of control value wise, 5:6 is the most obvious example. I would double the time it takes to make a refinary to slow this down.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 19:01   #9
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
That doesn't make any sort of sense. If anything, the terrans should be bitching about only being allowed 250 constructions, it takes away one of their best racial bonuses for like 1/3 of the game.. and I don't see why everyone should end on the same amount of constructions.

That said, terrans are atm out of control value wise, 5:6 is the most obvious example. I would double the time it takes to make a refinary to slow this down.
I mean no-one else has that huge racial.. only terrans. Oh well build time change would work aswell, but doubt the idea is to leave some races to under 200 cons and some hitting 250 over 2-3weeks before round end. It's tad unfair edge, would say like atleast 10-15% value edge on terran atm.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
Unread 16 Jul 2010, 12:38   #10
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

We should remove XP all together. I was sick of it round 35 when i was top3 and im sick of it now when im top10.

This is a convo i had with a multihunter:

[13:09:02] <HaNzI|af> 1) my ships were all out
[13:09:03] <HaNzI|af> 3 fleets
[13:09:09] <HaNzI|af> 2) this was the bcalc
[13:09:10] <HaNzI|af> [21:13] <HaNzI|afk> http://game.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=061kq9hkvvq7mim
[13:09:10] <HaNzI|af> [21:13] <HaNzI|afk> ace
[13:09:10] <HaNzI|af> [21:13] <Nicole> yeah
[13:09:10] <HaNzI|af> [21:15] <Nicole> perhaps rasputin has some viper
[13:09:14] <HaNzI|af> even if i recalled
[13:09:47] <HaNzI|af> like i said to appocomaster in round 35 i hate xp runs
[13:11:13] <HaNzI|af> so you should make up a solution so noone launch at all (remove xp)
[13:11:18] <HaNzI|af> so i can launch my fleet and land some roids

So i am expected to get up in the middle of the night and get allydef to cover myself against attacks like this, but if it lands they remove it or delete me. It landed later on 4 allydef fleets that could have saved someone else if only the multihunters could recall XP-runs earlier. After all, they say it was farming from the minute it was launched.....
Unread 16 Jul 2010, 13:05   #11
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

The fleet that was landing this tick recalled, so it wasnt intentional farming after all!
Unread 16 Jul 2010, 17:43   #12
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

That isn't even bad.. I had one terran de pilot getting + score after we destroyed 85% of he's fleet due to score... and that was 3 weeks before round end.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
Unread 16 Jul 2010, 18:00   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
After all, they say it was farming from the minute it was launched.....
How on earth could they possibly call an attack which gained the attacker score and lost the defender score on the final day of the round farming?
Unread 16 Jul 2010, 20:38   #14
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
How on earth could they possibly call an attack which gained the attacker score and lost the defender score on the final day of the round farming?
Because the attacker was in the same alliance for 1100 ticks?

I'm not saying HaNzI farmed him, I do think however that his attacker's only intention was to crash.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote