User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 13 Apr 2010, 13:41   #101
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: NewDawn and P3nguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyLove View Post
<rant vs Wishy>

Wow Wishy are you SO obsessed with me that you start a seemingly irrelevant to topic rant concerning me on the forum? Excessum didn't run any real organised attacks and rarely if ever has people asking for def (admitedly in part due to the small tag) I can and have played in some pretty average allies in the past and done well e.g. R17 with HR finishing in 13th. However one thing that all those allies had was some semblence of regime and structure - exc more resembled a BG than an ally and was just a cluster-**** of good old players running solo. Which was fine by me and was exactly what I did - if I saw anyone who knew they were gonna get incs then I would ground my fleet and turn up in time to defend.

I made my requirements in an ally pre-round pretty clear to you - stating that I needed regular organised attacks and someone to DC my inc's if im not about. Exc reneged on both of these committments and at no stage in the round did I feel encouraged to increase my participation and in my mind it was clear before the round even ticked that it wasnt gonna go well, yet I stuck by my decision to join exc as I felt committed (though clearly I should of just done what nacho did and jumped ship before we got going) You may recall me asking on numerous occasions to leave and change allies for the sake of the gal and my personal sanity. Yet your bitterness about excessum's consistent failure has successfully overflowed the joy-bucket of a gal chan onto the forum forcing all these poor forum-goer's to witness our hugely irrelevant and unexciting rants.

Sorry for filling the forum with such endless jibber-jabber, I implore Wishy to stop being a complete self-obsessed arse and drop this issue as it really isn't helping anyone!

</rant vs Wishy>
I regret asking you to join, as much as you regret joining. Surely.
There has been organized attacks every night, cept on a couple of saturdays. Doubt you actually joined them though, mind you!
What nights you actually grounded anything is beyond me, I dont recall you sending any def at all. I think pommeh even told me u had sent 0 oog def fleets before we kicked you. This might be incorrect though! ( maybe u sent a fleet, sry if you did man! )

In regards to you wanting to leave to fence the gal, I told you to leave if u wanted to, just that I wouldnt want to play ingal with people who leave an alliance to fence gal. Which is why in the end we kicked nacho also more or less. I spose I could share some fun logs to proove my points about you, but for old times sake I will just leave it at this. You dissapointed me, I dissapointed you. Lets go back to just e-hating eachother on irc!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2010, 14:20   #102
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
I regret asking you to join, as much as you I wouldnt want to play ingal with people who leave an alliance to fence gal.
Are you talking about mid-round or just leave an alliance for the good of the gal at all? Cause that surely has happened has it not?
Unread 13 Apr 2010, 14:35   #103
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I regret asking you to join, as much as you regret joining. Surely.
There has been organized attacks every night, cept on a couple of saturdays. Doubt you actually joined them though, mind you!
What nights you actually grounded anything is beyond me, I dont recall you sending any def at all. I think pommeh even told me u had sent 0 oog def fleets before we kicked you. This might be incorrect though! ( maybe u sent a fleet, sry if you did man! )

In regards to you wanting to leave to fence the gal, I told you to leave if u wanted to, just that I wouldnt want to play ingal with people who leave an alliance to fence gal. Which is why in the end we kicked nacho also more or less. I spose I could share some fun logs to proove my points about you, but for old times sake I will just leave it at this. You dissapointed me, I dissapointed you. Lets go back to just e-hating eachother on irc!
If by 'night attacks' you mean the random parser thrown up at a random time with like 10claims max then yeah there was afair few! I grounded fleets on numerous occasions yet half the time there was no inc or nobody was calling for them - the one time someone did mention they were getting inc (Alki of all people) I grounded all my fleets for him and he used a couple, sent numerous other defs oog but not tons as we parted ways pretty early in the round! I never stated I wanted to leave to 'fence the gal' as clearly shown by joining DLR (which the gal already had one of) not ND (which the gal has none of) excessum simply doesnt have the defbase to cover 3 in a gal. Obviously being the only non-HC exc ingal I was the sacrifice when it came to incs, regardless of roidcounts - an attitude I am not a fan of! Nacho didnt get kicked, he had the good sense to leave when he saw your emo-ways!

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2010, 15:24   #104
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

another emo dork whining over loosing roids, playing for fun isnt an option right?

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2010, 21:17   #105
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Are you talking about mid-round or just leave an alliance for the good of the gal at all? Cause that surely has happened has it not?
nah, this was pre round. I would just have found another gal or something at the time. Or lukey would have found another, either way.

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 13 Apr 2010, 21:25   #106
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
If by 'night attacks' you mean the random parser thrown up at a random time
Attacks been set the exact same time all round. 21:00 gmt ( before summer time, now its 20:00 gmt) ask anyone who actually took part in the alliance about this.

Quote:
I grounded fleets on numerous occasions yet half the time there was no inc or nobody was calling for them

right. lol, and then let me add another rofl? Are you just slow, dumb or a liar?
You werent phoned cause you REFUSED to add your number to the bot. Shocker that you werent phoned or smsed man! And regarding the grounding of fleets, I ve heard something else

Quote:
Obviously being the only non-HC exc ingal I was the sacrifice when it came to incs, regardless of roidcounts - an attitude I am not a fan of! Nacho didnt get kicked, he had the good sense to leave when he saw your emo-ways!
Again, are you kidding me? When did me or pommeh ever get more def than you? Seriously man, give me some of what you are on <3
eXc is all about actually bothering to be on if you want defence, and, if ur talking about you being roided to the ground first day after protection cause you inited to 500 roids without having hull2 ( lol ) and when we werent doing defence, ye man we didnt defend you or anyone else.
Besides that, you were roided for 2 ticks out of the 5-6 waves u had on you the nights we had incs. I think thats just as much as me and pommeh, and one of the nights I didnt even get incs, cause I had a better fleetcomposition than you mr. lets not get any DE and just get vsh!

Quote:
Unread 13 Apr 2010, 22:42   #107
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree View Post
Oh there's definitely blocks forming, ask the 200 incoming fleets DLR took last night and the same again tonight.
Why do you sound so frustrated by this?

Surely DLR didn't think they could start a block war without some kind of retaliation?
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2010, 23:18   #108
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
Why do you sound so frustrated by this?

Surely DLR didn't think they could start a block war without some kind of retaliation?
without having any idea whats going on atm, whos in the block?

I know we sent a couple of fleets on dlr from exc. Are we a part of the block? I d like to be informed if so! <3

Quote:
Unread 13 Apr 2010, 23:27   #109
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
without having any idea whats going on atm, whos in the block?

I know we sent a couple of fleets on dlr from exc. Are we a part of the block? I d like to be informed if so! <3
Well it was us and oddr last night and you were in on the first night as well. Surely a powerblock to end all powerblocks
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 02:22   #110
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Well it was us and oddr last night and you were in on the first night as well. Surely a powerblock to end all powerblocks
ODDR and eXcessum. Now... Thats 2 powerful allies you have right there JBG!

Quote:
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 05:52   #111
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
ODDR and eXcessum. Now... Thats 2 powerful allies you have right there JBG!
Team Fail and ODDR, DLR are doomed
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 07:54   #112
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

oh well DLR is kinda getting kicked around, "smart" move to nap apprime.. and before that fence to annoy everyone. If DLR hc's didn't notice, yer fortress galaxies make you the weaker of that "block" as no better word so you get all the incoming.

Anyways, it's fun to see apprime using vsn to hit me, by making vsn hit my DLR gal mates and then focusing on me. They'r really on DLR's side, but now off to do some calcs again.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 08:11   #113
izverg
Banned

izverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of light

who else we are making to hit dlr?
izverg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 08:42   #114
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxman View Post
Team Fail and ODDR, DLR are doomed
sadly we don't have much to offer this round, just want to have some fun
and train our noobs for the next one

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 09:19   #115
izverg
Banned

izverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of light

maybe first for training noobs, you should train yourself ?
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 09:25   #116
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by izverg View Post
who else we are making to hit dlr?
I take it yer apprime.. seriously do you think someone actually will buy that, it doesn't matter anyways pa politics is so wierd. Anyways knew this would come, it was obvious a week ago.. or the frigging moment when Apprime got the NAP with DLR was hoping miracles in politics but it never came. Now we'll just do what we can.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 09:40   #117
izverg
Banned

oh yes mr LordN knows everything, funny to see you hit forums when you get hit only
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 10:41   #118
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

lordnobo what r u whining? u are ND not dlr rite? we have no nap with u so, we can farm u anytime we want.

MUHAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 10:48   #119
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

BTW lordn, why are u talkng about DLR. Its pretty arrogant when u r ND in DLR gal and u blame them. seriously if i was DLR i would say no ingal def to u

Quote:
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 11:00   #120
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

He's stating the obvious; that DLR got themselves into a NAP which weakened their position greatly while letting Apprime off the hook. He's not the first to state this, nor will he be the last. And your point about farming our galaxy is quite right, and just serves to underline the point that has been made, as our DLR members (some of the biggest in DLR) will go down with us, further deepening DLR's despair as the round enters its second half.

And stop being all proud of yourself. You're using 3(?) alliances again to roid *ND*. Seriously, when did that become an accomplishment? The alliance is half new players ffs.
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 11:13   #121
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

3 alliances, really. i thought atleast 5 or 6 alliances, since ND is so fkin good

Quote:
Apprime
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 11:15   #122
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
He's stating the obvious; that DLR got themselves into a NAP which weakened their position greatly while letting Apprime off the hook. He's not the first to state this, nor will he be the last. And your point about farming our galaxy is quite right, and just serves to underline the point that has been made, as our DLR members (some of the biggest in DLR) will go down with us, further deepening DLR's despair as the round enters its second half.

And stop being all proud of yourself. You're using 3(?) alliances again to roid *ND*. Seriously, when did that become an accomplishment? The alliance is half new players ffs.
Let me state the obvious. DLR having a nap with an alliance that is not their competition is a good NAP.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 11:15   #123
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

s our DLR members (some of the biggest in DLR) will go down with us, further deepening DLR's despair as the round enters its second half.

seriously, again arrogant. DLR hc just drop that whole gal if their members play for ND players. why would dlr planets die for ND? i dnt understand

Quote:
Apprime
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 11:42   #124
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN View Post
i dnt understand
There's a lot you don't understand Max. Basic English grammar being the most obvious. Don't worry your tiny mind with it.

ps. Seriously? You're going to try and insult me by calling me arrogant? SERIOUSLY?! Oh the irony...
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 11:44   #125
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
Let me state the obvious. DLR having a nap with an alliance that is not their competition is a good NAP.
How is APP not their competition?
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 11:53   #126
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

this is vision from Apprime intel:

Size: 63891 (58727)
some intel is missing, so the real number of total roids is 69k and not 63k. But you get the point

58k roids in their top65 counting towards score, while apprime has 51k.

No matter what Apprime's average is, they still need to have more roids then the other alliances top65, or they are no competition to win.
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 12:18   #127
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

http://89.145.83.129/sandmans/?p=com...k=&type=values

Clearly, Apprime is going to overtake DLR, and soon. So where as Apprime has benefitted from the NAP with DLR, DLR has lost their lead and are now in a nosedive. And I'd be interested to see how anyone is going to stop APP from roiding them towards the end.
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 12:23   #128
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

What a difference a day makes....
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 12:34   #129
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
What a difference a day makes....
Umm...what? I don't know about you, but I've been discussing this same thing with people since the moment DLR and APP NAP'd. It wasn't exactly hard to see coming.
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 12:45   #130
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Roid count is a pretty bad indicator of who's going to win, anyway.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 12:55   #131
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Apprime will never need to drop the nap. Not as long as there are so many Vision and ND roids for the taking.
But even though apprime are hitting ND / Vsn fatties, DLR is getting ND + Asc incomings, plus the odd Vision / p3n, etc gal mates that prefer to join the mass incomings instead of joining their own alliance raids.
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 14:14   #132
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Let me state the obvious. Politics doesn't work that way.
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 16:03   #133
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Let me state the obvious. Politics doesn't work that way.
Maybe not in your book then, but i would never dream about making a NAP to an alliance that was a competition for #1 alliance. It makes perfect sense to avoid incomings from Apprime, this way they can focus on their main competition
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 16:08   #134
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

also this might be a good indication of who their competition is
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 16:14   #135
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe not in your book then, but i would never dream about making a NAP to an alliance that was a competition for #1 alliance. It makes perfect sense to avoid incomings from Apprime, this way they can focus on their main competition
but is it a good nap for DLR, if the results of that nap means DLR get increased incoming from other alliances? putting DLR directly in the firing line for other alliances who dont like the idea of them napping Apprime.

When deciding weither a nap is a good decision or not, you dont just look at the two alliances involved in that nap but also look at how the other alliances/main competition will react to that nap.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 16:24   #136
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
but is it a good nap for DLR, if the results of that nap means DLR get increased incoming from other alliances? putting DLR directly in the firing line for other alliances who dont like the idea of them napping Apprime.

When deciding weither a nap is a good decision or not, you dont just look at the two alliances involved in that nap but also look at how the other alliances/main competition will react to that nap.
Im fairly confident that DLR would have been hit no matter who they NAPed.
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 16:30   #137
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

[17:19:07] <LordN> anyways gl in the coming war
[17:19:13] <carDi> oh war
[17:19:16] <carDi> who is going to war who
[17:19:16] <carDi> ?
[17:19:30] <LordN> you'll see, ask reese/eksero/venox what happens when they piss me off by hitting me

can you tell me what happens now when you were pissed off a second time??
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 16:59   #138
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, in an artificial environment. In reality what happened was that the #1 and #2 average size alliances napping scared everyone. They then co-operated together on attacks against more than one alliance. We then all heard, not sure if this is correct, that this NAP was agreed upon until the end of the round (ie a stagnatory NAP as opposed to a fluid one). Given that these are usually either last resort agreements or **** you agreements this both scared and annoyed people. Given that DLR are the easier alliance to target of apprime and DLR this agreement, and the nature of it along with the resulting actions, was a terrible one. Also pretending apprime has 0 chance of #1 is a farce so stop with that. Yeah you're not front-runners but there's a long time to go and a lot of space in your tag and we've all seen rounds like this before.
Unread 14 Apr 2010, 18:07   #139
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Yeah, in an artificial environment. In reality what happened was that the #1 and #2 average size alliances napping scared everyone. They then co-operated together on attacks against more than one alliance. We then all heard, not sure if this is correct, that this NAP was agreed upon until the end of the round (ie a stagnatory NAP as opposed to a fluid one). Given that these are usually either last resort agreements or **** you agreements this both scared and annoyed people. Given that DLR are the easier alliance to target of apprime and DLR this agreement, and the nature of it along with the resulting actions, was a terrible one. Also pretending apprime has 0 chance of #1 is a farce so stop with that. Yeah you're not front-runners but there's a long time to go and a lot of space in your tag and we've all seen rounds like this before.
Apprime has a chance to win if they have an extra 20 people to add to tag, and/or have more roids then any other alliance among their top65(48) planets. As it is now, they don't have either.
****ing of course this can change, but there is no wizard there to swing his wand and make this happen instantly, which is why Apprime will stay as outsiders for a good while, and perhaps all round.
Unread 15 Apr 2010, 00:48   #140
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Apprime has a chance to win if they have an extra 20 people to add to tag, and/or have more roids then any other alliance among their top65(48) planets. As it is now, they don't have either.
****ing of course this can change, but there is no wizard there to swing his wand and make this happen instantly, which is why Apprime will stay as outsiders for a good while, and perhaps all round.
Good move responding to just one of the points I made (and not actually disagreeing with it at all for that matter).
Unread 15 Apr 2010, 12:41   #141
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Good move responding to just one of the points I made (and not actually disagreeing with it at all for that matter).
I don't disagree with you in everything. I see why people think Apprime are contesters, and why they were scared of the DLR/Apprime nap. For your sake I will be more thoroughly in my posting next time, and make sure I have replied to all quoted points. It helps though if you stop writing **** all over the place, and make a huge mess out of your post.

**** you!
Unread 15 Apr 2010, 14:50   #142
Wishmaster
LDK

I like all the hostility this round.
May there be more anger and hatred!

Quote:
Unread 15 Apr 2010, 17:02   #143
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I don't disagree with you in everything. I see why people think Apprime are contesters, and why they were scared of the DLR/Apprime nap. For your sake I will be more thoroughly in my posting next time, and make sure I have replied to all quoted points. It helps though if you stop writing **** all over the place, and make a huge mess out of your post.
I see you're having difficulty grasping the concept of an "argument". Either way I'll assume by the fact you've completely avoided talking about the original point (was napping apprime a good move for DLR) for the last couple of posts that you're out of anything sensible to say on the issue. Congratulations on trying to move the goalposts in a completely retarded fashion and then compounding that with a personal attack on me though
Unread 15 Apr 2010, 18:13   #144
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
I see you're having difficulty grasping the concept of an "argument". Either way I'll assume by the fact you've completely avoided talking about the original point (was napping apprime a good move for DLR) for the last couple of posts that you're out of anything sensible to say on the issue. Congratulations on trying to move the goalposts in a completely retarded fashion and then compounding that with a personal attack on me though
If napping Apprime was a good move for DLR? I believe it's impossible to answer this before we see where their choice takes them. It gives DLR a little breathing space, and its hardly an unfair advantage they have been given. Even if you changed the color of your daily pill to red instead of blue, they are still third, and without any help at all it will be tough to fight vision and/or newdawn, who both have a number of allies/NAPs.

Pretty sure they choose to go to your mums house
Unread 15 Apr 2010, 18:21   #145
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
http://89.145.83.129/sandmans/?p=com...k=&type=values

Clearly, Apprime is going to overtake DLR, and soon. So where as Apprime has benefitted from the NAP with DLR, DLR has lost their lead and are now in a nosedive. And I'd be interested to see how anyone is going to stop APP from roiding them towards the end.
DLR losing roids and are now in a 'nose dive'....are you genuinely serious with that comment?

DLR lost roids, yes....but so would many alliances given the amount of incommings we have recieved in the last 2/3 days.....however, if you look at sandmans we have infact not lost a great deal of our score gap between us and Asc so i would hardly call it DLR being in a 'nosedive'....

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2010, 18:25   #146
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
If napping Apprime was a good move for DLR? I believe it's impossible to answer this before we see where their choice takes them. It gives DLR a little breathing space, and its hardly an unfair advantage they have been given. Even if you changed the color of your daily pill to red instead of blue, they are still third, and without any help at all it will be tough to fight vision and/or newdawn, who both have a number of allies/NAPs.
Bar ND's nap with p3nguins (which really didn't seem like that much at the time and didn't amount to a whole lot afterwards either) any other developments have been in response to the apprime/DLR NAP*. Political actions like that, along with what followed directly afterwards, force responses from everyone else. At least you've managed to move off "napping an alliance that isn't competition for #1 if you're going for #1 is unquestionably a good idea lol".

*At this point calling it the same thing as p3nguins ND have is pretty misleading. Given the co-operation in targeting and isolated incidents of defence sharing I guess at this stage you have to call it a full blown alliance for the rest of the round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
DLR losing roids and are now in a 'nose dive'....are you genuinely serious with that comment?

DLR lost roids, yes....but so would many alliances given the amount of incommings we have recieved in the last 2/3 days.....however, if you look at sandmans we have infact not lost a great deal of our score gap between us and Asc so i would hardly call it DLR being in a 'nosedive'....
I believe he referred to Apprime, not Ascendancy.
Unread 15 Apr 2010, 18:30   #147
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

the point still stands

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....

Last edited by Mek; 15 Apr 2010 at 19:03.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2010, 21:03   #148
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What intrigues me from this thread is how people perceive NAPs officially made through the in-game system. It seems that on the face of it, people are treating them as alliances. I don't think this is necessarily the case. A lot of the time you have to consider the reasons for each alliance in making the NAP and the relationships that bind them together. You also have to consider that if you trust someone or know they aren't going to hit you any time soon, why the hell would you need to make your nap public? Or in fact, make one at all?

Here's how I think the major agreements have played out:

ND and p3nguins

The ND and p3nguins NAP was a good move as both alliances always needed to reduce their incoming. The thought that this was a massive stagnating force was blown out of all proportion.

NewDawn have been ambling along for quite some time and while there are a lot of them, they aren't really a massive military threat. In fact, I doubt they are playing that actively and their size gains suggest they are pretty much ambling along. Just look at their sluggish growth in size:

http://sandmans.co.uk/graph.php?data...lue&large=true

p3nguins learned pretty fast that major incoming was going to hurt them badly at any stage, so they needed a friend:

http://sandmans.co.uk/?p=viewalliance&name=p3nguins

p3nguins are now pretty fat, but they are also an irrelevance (and this is no disrespect to them) to Apprime, DLR, Vision if you're thinking about winning and they have a NAP from NewDawn. I also think Ascendancy will probably concern themselves with other targets. If they do get chewed up, it'll be if some alliance at the end has no one else to fight or just doesn't want to.

I don't think ND/p3ng intended anything much with this NAP beyond insurance, they certainly didn't create a military powerhouse of any kind. They were just two alliances with similar needs.

DLR and Apprime

This NAP on the face of it seemed like a great play for two alliances with less score than the ND/p3nguins NAP. In theory, It helped DLR to the win and giving Apprime shelter from an alliance that can be massively annoying if they're attacking you and build their strength on small planets and big galaxies. In short, it sets out to make DLR the winning alliance and Apprime the dominant alliance. But in turn, it created what looks like the biggest threat (it is) in the universe with two of the best alliances in the game. And as JBG pointed out, it made DLR the bigger target.

But what was the motivation behind this agreement? As far as I can see it, it wasn't co-operation to create some gigantic super block but quite simply to avoid incoming from each other. DLR is just getting hit around whenever it sniffs around the #1 spot, so really so far, Apprime has been the major beneficiary from this agreement. Even if Apprime do get hit, they won't suffer nearly as much as DLR will when it's their turn. If today was just a buck in the trend and DLR's roid count was forced downwards, DLR would have a choice between backing Apprime to win or finding a new political position.

If an alliance like Ascendancy had formed a block to propel itself to the win, then this move would have been pretty much expected. DLR would have been left alone. But Ascendancy just isn't playing in that mentality - Ascendancy are essentially doing the planetarion equivalent of dicking about. It's a block for an enemy that just doesn't exist. Of course, this block may stay strong and Apprime may recruit to #1, but they'd have to find the planets from somewhere first (nobody has spoken about this and I don't care to research it).

ND and Vision

This doesn't seem to be much of an alliance either, more incoming avoidance once more. ND can't really to get involved in war and isn't much of a factor in the #1 race in the long term and Vision are now in a position where only DLR would seriously hit them. Obviously you might question, why not Apprime? I will touch on this below. Vision can roid themselves into the sunset and win the round as it is, which is why I've predicted them to win this round before.

Vision and Apprime

This part is the most speculative part of my post and could be very wrong. But to be blunt, given the relationships behind the scenes and the way galaxies are laid out, I don't see these alliances directly targeting the other. Because of this, I can see them influencing targeting away from each other if there is co-operation, as they'll never be too keen to aim fire on the other.

Obviously they haven't made it official, it may of course not exist. But they may be in a mindset where a NAP may exist none the less.

Where does this leave my alliance? Well obviously we don't have many friends, but by messing around as we have, we're also quite irrelevant. Alliances might hit us because we've been annoying, but on the other hand unless you're interested in personal vendettas and hitting people on principle, we're also a gigantic waste of time. We clearly lack the motivation to win and don't seem to be gaining roids aggressively enough to be in a position to do so.

But to conclude: the more valuable and relevant relationships don't appear to me to be the ones officially in game. By mechanically napping someone, it's more a suggestion that you want to avoid any kind of incoming or that you don't trust the other side 100%, rather than you being best buds. I'd even go as far to say that it's the galaxies dictating politics to their own personal advantage rather than anything to do with alliance play. What's really happening is actually quite boring, as people just try to outcompete the other for the fewest people who want to hit them. At the moment, Vision are making the best of it.

Last edited by lokken; 15 Apr 2010 at 21:10.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote